NYJetsFan.com Forums: Tebow Makes Perfect Sense - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MNF - Jets vs Miami
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 November 2014 - 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (27 November 2014 - 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 November 2014 - 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 November 2014 - 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 November 2014 - 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 November 2014 - 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 November 2014 - 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:14 PM) SUCK THE DUCK!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:14 PM) WOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:14 PM) Happy Mr_Jet?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:18 PM) Ray Rice has been reinstated!
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:19 PM) Sign him!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:28 PM) Can he pass block?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:23 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 PM) could you imagine the media shit storm if the jets sign Ray Rice?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 PM) ray rice is probably done with the nfl. he had a down year and then he got himself kicked out of the nfl for a year. idk if anyone is going to want to take the risk.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:19 PM) maybe wherever Schiano ends up next?
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Tebow Makes Perfect Sense

#21 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

11, if you're talking about the option, then obviously Tebow is better suited to an offense that includes that. I am talking about people specifically going on about the Wildcat. They are, of course, two different things. The athleticism new generations of players are bringing, along with rules changes and spread offense philosophies, is making option plays more viable again. However, the Wildcat is tossed around as this magical run-pass system, when it is hardly opens the possibility of passes at all.

I don't think an offense built with a lot of option plays is a particularly good idea. If a team is including a lot of those plays they probably don't trust their QB much. A few of them I understand, more than that and the team must just be trying to patch holes when they should be looking to actually build an offense.

That is the main reason I dislike Tebow and why adding him doesn't bring anything to this team. Rather than bringing in a gimmick player they are going to throw in when the offense is stalling, if they don't think Mark is going to get the job done they should load up on backups they do think could. Right now the team is hedging their bets in a wholly inadequate way.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#22 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

My post from another thread. I can't waste another keystroke on Tebow right now. I've said enough.

This is what I think is on the collective minds of our front office. I'm starting to get the feeling the Jets just aren't quite sold on Mark Sanchez. Yes I realize the extension was given but it was supposed to be (from what I understood) a vote of confidence from the teams brass. The Jets throwing Sanchez the keys to the Benz with no real stipulations other then open it up and drive it but don't crash. It was supposed to be Sanchez's team and if it REALLY was Sanchez's team then we would get Jeremy Kerely to run the wildcat like he did so well in College (I'll leave the wildcat and the effect it has on QB's for another post). Instead we go out and sign this guy with more hype then Jeremy Lin, a guy with a cult-like following to New York not even 7 days after we intrusted this team to Sanchez.

Mike T has failed Mark Sanchez from the start and you know what? It's not really Mikes fault. He's just not a football guy. He's not a guy that has a feel for the team, a feel for the players and chemistry they might or might not have. He's a guy that either doesn't know or doesn't care about this team. He's played musical chairs with the WR position (one of the most fragile components of offense/quarterbacking) and now this? They (Mike and Rex) have scared the sh*t of him to make mistakes. He's so reluctant to throw, he seems shell shocked at times and only grows some balls when he knows it's do or die. They have protected him while he grows as a QB, they have protected him with great defense and a strong running game BUT when the running game doesn't work as well and the defense isn't playing top 3 ball Sanchez "deficientcies" really stick out like a sore thumb and we saw what the outcome will be as a result.

Sanchez's "extension" (In my eyes) seemed to be like a,' Ok, here you go, time to sink or swim kid'... kind of deal.

Now it seems like they are still throwing it out there subliminally "hey don't f*k up too much or I'll yank ya". Drew Stanton gave him the feeling 'ok, there's a young guy on the roster now gotta elevate my game' but with the confidence this team is his team. Now it's not like that. Drew Stanton feels disrespected (probably lied to) and now will likely force to be traded or cut. Mike signs Tebow and the whole situation (in the backs of minds and behind closed doors) is fuzzy again. Nothing etched in stone. A guy of Tebows "stardom" or "hype" infuses a feeling of impatience to Sanchez from the F.O. A feel of "Hey your the man but".

This is what floors me and everyone in Florham park realizes this. There will be a mess if Sanchez f*cks up. The sentiment was basically 2 years for Mark. 2 full seasons without distraction to hold the job. I accepted this and I felt it was fair. Not 1 QB is the same as the next. Therefore some might take 2 years others may take 5. I accepted the vote of confidence from the Jets but signing Tebow undoes all of this. Why? because instead of that 2 years, Mark won't go 5 games without feeling IMMENSE heat if the Jets aren't winning or playing well .

From the number of 15 jerseys in the stands, the camraderie Tebow will eventually have within the locker room. It just won't feel like Sanchez team and if Sanchez does fail to be the guy. He had a lot of help failing.

In closing I'll say as always I'll keep an open mind and explore different angles. I do know his mechanics are horrible so he'd really have to do something miraculous to actually push Sanchez. However when he's here he won't be running the wildcat it will be "the read option" which he has proven to be hell to stop when Tebows running it. So studying for Sanchez and studying for Tebow does pose a threat to other teams. It really puts a ton of emphasis on the opposing defenses week out. However trying to micromanage schemes, rhythm, feel for the game and when to implement these sets are going to be so meticulous because the biggest gripe about a "hybrid" style offensive set or read option/wildcat is disrupting the ebb & flow of the QB. You just can't call a WC play when he's in rhythm. If he's completed 3 or 4 in a row and he's in a groove don't call it. Mix it in wisely and it could work.

However all the things I listed above about their jobs, personalities, personal agendas, fans publicly voicing opinion, the media and pressure are still highly in the fray and in circulation waiting to rear its ugly head.

#23 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

is it completely out of the question for tebow to play a different position? he'd make a wonderful TE or HB with some fun options...

#24 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 22 March 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

11, if you're talking about the option, then obviously Tebow is better suited to an offense that includes that. I am talking about people specifically going on about the Wildcat. They are, of course, two different things. The athleticism new generations of players are bringing, along with rules changes and spread offense philosophies, is making option plays more viable again. However, the Wildcat is tossed around as this magical run-pass system, when it is hardly opens the possibility of passes at all.

I don't think an offense built with a lot of option plays is a particularly good idea. If a team is including a lot of those plays they probably don't trust their QB much. A few of them I understand, more than that and the team must just be trying to patch holes when they should be looking to actually build an offense.

That is the main reason I dislike Tebow and why adding him doesn't bring anything to this team. Rather than bringing in a gimmick player they are going to throw in when the offense is stalling, if they don't think Mark is going to get the job done they should load up on backups they do think could. Right now the team is hedging their bets in a wholly inadequate way.

wildcat is just a version of the option with an unbalanced line. sooo what are you rambling on about? besides the fact that your still thinking way too narrowly about this.
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

The option is a more of a methodology, the Wildcat is the term for a formation that utilizes it, not the other way around.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

What we need is to upgrade the OL by getting a new RT, we also need a real featured RB that can make plays, get a #2 WR, #2 TE that can block and catch. Then I will be fine with our offense, right now it looks extremely weak.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   I-STILL-HATE-KOTITE Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

A non Ganga dream.......smiling......

Trade Sanchez to Cleveland for their first round pick. Pick up Trent Richardson.....Ingram or Upshaw with the 16th pick.....then trade next year's first and this year's third round pick to get Barron in round one too. In the second round address the OL.

Ya Mon!!! LMAO

#28 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

View PostI-STILL-HATE-KOTITE, on 23 March 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

A non Ganga dream.......smiling......

Trade Sanchez to Cleveland for their first round pick. Pick up Trent Richardson.....Ingram or Upshaw with the 16th pick.....then trade next year's first and this year's third round pick to get Barron in round one too. In the second round address the OL.

Ya Mon!!! LMAO

Do you seriously want Tebow to be the starting QB?

#29 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 21 March 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Before I start this, let me just say that I hated this trade when I first heard it. I thought it was asinine and completely counterproductive to what we were trying to do. Then I thought about it...

1. Tebow is the perfect complement to Sanchez. Think about it. The Jets can go and unabashfully declare an "open QB competition" in camp, knowing full well that Sanchize will mop the floor with Tebow. On the other hand, Tebow's name recognition will add just a smidgen of validity to the whole "competition"... something that Drew Stanton simply wouldn't do.

well after hearing the press conference. there goes your first theory about a "open qb competition"

#30 User is offline   I-STILL-HATE-KOTITE Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostChaos, on 23 March 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Do you seriously want Tebow to be the starting QB?

Report: Tebow has sights set on starting job

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2012, 10:12 AM EDT

Getty Images
The beauty of bringing Tim Tebow to New York is that the Jets can now bench Mark Sanchez without ever benching him. As explained Thursday, the Jets can simply send in Tebow whenever Sanchez is struggling, calling it merely the use of the Wildcat/T-Bone offense.

Tebow may not be on board with that. According to Gary Myers of the New York Daily News, Tebow picked the Jets because Tebow sees a clear path to becoming the teamís starting quarterback.

The better approach will be to use both. Assuming the Jets have the wherewithal to install the Sanchize playbook and the T-Bone playsheet, opposing defense will have to spend time getting ready for Tebow ó and necessarily less time getting ready for Sanchez.

That definitely will come in handy when playing the Patriots, who have shown that they can successfully focus on Tebow and come up with a way to beat him.

Still, the Jets surely enter this process knowing that it could bring to a head the question of whether Sanchez can reach his potential as a quarterback and as a leader. Heíll either have to step up or step off, and Tebow will be more than ready to step in.

#31 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Tebow to Jets actually makes absolutely no sense.

• Sanchez just signed extension
  • 2 QB rotations NEVER work. Often tried always failed
  • We gave up draft picks. Something we desperately need.
  • Tebow isn't just a back-up. He's coming off a team as a starter.
  • Wildcat doesn't win championships
  • This was supposed to be Marks team. It not anymore. Not with Tebow here.
  • Creating more drama around the most critical position of the field.

I can just keep going.

The good?

• He'll be a good teammate
  • preparing for Tebows "gadgetry" and Sanchez's "conventional" way will be tough on defenses.

#32 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 23 March 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Tebow to Jets actually makes absolutely no sense.

• Sanchez just signed extension
  • 2 QB rotations NEVER work. Often tried always failed
  • We gave up draft picks. Something we desperately need.
  • Tebow isn't just a back-up. He's coming off a team as a starter.
  • Wildcat doesn't win championships
  • Creating more drama around the most critical position of the field.

I can just keep going.

The good?

• He'll be a good teammate
  • preparing for Tebows "gadgetry" and Sanchez's "conventional" way will be tough on defenses.

continuation of bad list:

-we now have a backup who sucks and can't throw so if sanchez goes down or is benched we'll have this gimmick offense to run
-fans will be calling for sanchez as soon as he starts sucking like he usually does, creating the same scenario that denver had last year then we'll have this gimmick offense to run

the good?

The only possible good is if Sanchez actually plays well because someone is behind him that will play if he sucks.

#33 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

View Posttriple3s, on 23 March 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

continuation of bad list:

-we now have a backup who sucks and can't throw so if sanchez goes down or is benched we'll have this gimmick offense to run
-fans will be calling for sanchez as soon as he starts sucking like he usually does, creating the same scenario that denver had last year then we'll have this gimmick offense to run

the good?

The only possible good is if Sanchez actually plays well because someone is behind him that will play if he sucks.

Another point on the bad. You don't think teams in the NFL aren't going to watch the Patriots and K.C game tapes? They shut him down. The thing about the NFL everyone copies and uses what works. Remember the when MIA ran the wildcat? it was ran very well. It rocked teams and drove defenses into the ground. Thing is, once one team has success on it another team follows and adds, then the next team follows and adds.Then all the sudden it doesn't work and now it's virtually extinct. Same thing with Tebow. There is a reason the read option/Wildcat gimmicks dont work well in the NFL. Teams are too smart and too elite.

With that said I'm really pulling Sanchez.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users