NYJetsFan.com Forums: Stanton Likely To Ask For Trade Or Be Cut - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 November 2014 - 10:37 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) Jets starting Geno again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) FIRE IDZIK,
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) I really hope the JEts completely clean house this offseason and get rid of everyone, it's time.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 AM) We need to keep getting embarrassed every week to ensure that. That is why I don't give a shit about getting destroyed, it makes the team look like more of a joke and forces Woody to make real changes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

Stanton Likely To Ask For Trade Or Be Cut

#21 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,276
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

This is the thing about Stanton. He had a bonehead for a coach in college who put him a 4 star QB recruit on special teams his freshman year resulting him getting injured when he should have been on the sidelines with a clipboard like most other freshmen QBs on a team with an established upperclassman. Then he gets drafted in the 2nd round by the Lions to be their franchise QB. Mike Martz and his giant sized ego sees it fit to totally strip Stanton of his mechanics so he could be "his" type of QB. Then in 2008 (the season the Lions went 0-16) another idiot coach would not put Stanton in as the starter even with an injured Kitna and an ineffective Orlovsky. Since then when he's gotten his chances to play he's played like your typical backup QB which is what he is. He was a better QB than Brian Hoyer and he's a backup. Stanton's problem has been that he's spent most of his football career with idiot head coaches (John L. Smith and Rod Marinelli).

If I were Drew I'd stay in New York. Like it's already been reported the teams that were his other options have already signed other QBs since he signed with the Jets. He has played in a pro style offense throughout his football career unlike Tebow. He's not as great of a runner as Tebow (though he's a good runner too), but he is a better passer than Tebow is. And that is what is important when it comes to the QB position. So I think if there were a competition he'd win it. Tebow is still behind Stanton when it comes to being a pro style QB. I just don't see Tebow being a capable backup behind this oline we currently have if Sanchez got injured. Tebow's string of wins in Denver just reminded me of a Cinderella team in the NCAA basketball tournament. Those teams rarely end up winning it all.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#22 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 194
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 22 March 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Listen, I like McElroy, but the argument that a dude who was barely drafted and hasn't played in any serious gametime is the best option over guys who have actual starting experience doesn't hold water with me.

Neither does the idea that the team's being reported as screwing over a FA not matter. Truth or not or halftruth or whatever, the perception is what is important here. If players see a guy take less money to play for you and then you hose him, they'll take notice. Other players will look at that and feel like the team might not have their back. We don't need to keep giving people reasons not to come here.


I'm not crazy enough to suggest we start McElroy. I'm suggesting we not drop him in favor of Stanton. McElroy should be given a chance in preseason to show his promise. I certainly wouldn't suggest we bench Sanchez and Tebow in favor of him - YET.
0

#23 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 22 March 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

This is the thing about Stanton. He had a bonehead for a coach in college who put him a 4 star QB recruit on special teams his freshman year resulting him getting injured when he should have been on the sidelines with a clipboard like most other freshmen QBs on a team with an established upperclassman. Then he gets drafted in the 2nd round by the Lions to be their franchise QB. Mike Martz and his giant sized ego sees it fit to totally strip Stanton of his mechanics so he could be "his" type of QB. Then in 2008 (the season the Lions went 0-16) another idiot coach would not put Stanton in as the starter even with an injured Kitna and an ineffective Orlovsky. Since then when he's gotten his chances to play he's played like your typical backup QB which is what he is. He was a better QB than Brian Hoyer and he's a backup. Stanton's problem has been that he's spent most of his football career with idiot head coaches (John L. Smith and Rod Marinelli).

If I were Drew I'd stay in New York. Like it's already been reported the teams that were his other options have already signed other QBs since he signed with the Jets. He has played in a pro style offense throughout his football career unlike Tebow. He's not as great of a runner as Tebow (though he's a good runner too), but he is a better passer than Tebow is. And that is what is important when it comes to the QB position. So I think if there were a competition he'd win it. Tebow is still behind Stanton when it comes to being a pro style QB. I just don't see Tebow being a capable backup behind this oline we currently have if Sanchez got injured. Tebow's string of wins in Denver just reminded me of a Cinderella team in the NCAA basketball tournament. Those teams rarely end up winning it all.


Problem is, he still has an idiot for a HC.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#24 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,276
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 22 March 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Problem is, he still has an idiot for a HC.


LOL, just like clock work. As I wrote that sentence I thought to myself you'd say something like that. That's another reason why Drew should stay though. He's used to it.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#25 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,031
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

Quote

Steiny31 Close
Rather than releasing him, the #Jets are currently trying to trade Drew Stanton, per source.

Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,634
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 22 March 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

There have been reports he took less money because the Jets guaranteed he would be the #2. Business is business, but lying is lying. This team has no business sense.

We didn't find out till after the trade about the money.
We lied to a player we signed.
We extended a player's contract after trying to replace him, then traded for a QB who people will want to start no matter what our starter does.


According to what i've read (cause i'd rather gather facts then knee-jerk react) is the MT did know about it and that they agreed in principal to the deal but said that they would work out how much each team was to pay. no team wanted to pay the 5 mil. then after it was announced denver said we want you to fron the whole bill and the jets were like nope. the jags had offer to pay 3 mil of the 5 but denver wanted it all back. they met in the middle and split it. Denver was dumb for writing the deal up that way in the 1ts place but they never thought he'd come in and win them so many games and actually start.

View PostS-Dubb, on 22 March 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

Jets have no honor and have a horrible reputation around the league. FACT!


then why did tebow pick us? why did jacobs say he wants to play for us? why did rolle say he would love to play for ryan? why would we release j-co when it cost us money and we needed him so he can pursue other opportunites?
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#27 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,696
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 22 March 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Jets have no honor and have a horrible reputation around the league. FACT!


This board has a horrible reputation of making knee jerk reactions and spreading guesses and opinions as truth. FACT!


We don't know what was said to Stanton, but he obviously wants to be the #2 and knows he probably won't get that chance here. I doubt anyone's feelings are hurt.
Posted Image
0

#28 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,276
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 March 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

then why did tebow pick us?


Tebow did not pick us. As he said himself the Broncos had the final say, that part of the story was mostly an exaggeration by the media. If the Jaguars had given the Broncos the better offer, Tebow would be in Jacksonville now. Denver wanted to make the best deal that benefited them, not make Tebow happy.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#29 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,873
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 22 March 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Arizona Cardinals Atlanta Falcons Baltimore Ravens Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers Chicago Bears Cincinnati Bengals Cleveland Browns Dallas Cowboys Denver Broncos Detroit Lions Green Bay Packers Houston Texans Indianapolis Colts Jacksonville Jaguars Kansas City Chiefs Miami Dolphins Minnesota Vikings New England Patriots New Orleans Saints New York Giants New York Jets Oakland Raiders Philadelphia Eagles Pittsburgh Steelers San Diego Chargers San Francisco 49ers Seattle Seahawks St. Louis Rams Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tennessee Titans Washington Redskins have no honor and have a horrible reputation around the league. FACT!


here i fixed that for you
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,634
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 22 March 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Tebow did not pick us. As he said himself the Broncos had the final say, that part of the story was mostly an exaggeration by the media. If the Jaguars had given the Broncos the better offer, Tebow would be in Jacksonville now. Denver wanted to make the best deal that benefited them, not make Tebow happy.


lol read the details. jas ofered 3 mil and a 4th rounder (who's value on the pick chart is higher then the 4th and 6th we gave up) and instead we got him for .5 mil less and got a 7th in return. the offers were similar and tebow wanted to play here not jax so they traded him to us. Jax gave them more money and more value of draft picks but we got him. Why are some people so blind?
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#31 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 22 March 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

This board has a horrible reputation of making knee jerk reactions and spreading guesses and opinions as truth. FACT!


We don't know what was said to Stanton, but he obviously wants to be the #2 and knows he probably won't get that chance here. I doubt anyone's feelings are hurt.


While this is true, it is already out there. No one on this board created that story. Who did? Probably his agent, or friend or whatever. Who created doesn't matter, the story is going to be, to whoever wants to believe it, that the Jets screwed a guy who took less to sign with the team. They put themselves in the position to get hit with it, it's the result of a decision they made.

If the Tebow trade works, the team won't care whatever "fallout" there is. But if it doesn't, and any FAs are put off by Stanton or just the memory of this story, then that is just an added complications to a situation that didn't work. It's like driving without a seatbelt-it doesn't matter till you get pulled over, and now you get two tickets.

As to kneejerk reactions, I think a lot of people are jaded on the circus around this team, win or lose. To use another analogy, this team is like Lindsay Lohan. Not everything it does is worthy of the absurd coverage it gets, but it has made enough of a fool of itself that cameras are going to be there for every stupid moment of every day. The Jets need to stop trying to be the big brother through more press and do it with more winning.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#32 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,276
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 March 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

lol read the details. jas ofered 3 mil and a 4th rounder (who's value on the pick chart is higher then the 4th and 6th we gave up) and instead we got him for .5 mil less and got a 7th in return. the offers were similar and tebow wanted to play here not jax so they traded him to us. Jax gave them more money and more value of draft picks but we got him. Why are some people so blind?



Pick chart :rolleyes: Please. Those things are just somebody's opinion until players are actually chosen with those picks and those players play a few seasons. As of right now 2 picks are better than one. The Broncos could use those picks to get a higher draft pick than the one the Jags have in the 4th. I'm going to believe what Tim Tebow said himself rather than some pick value chart. The broncos had the final say on where he went.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#33 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,873
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

need to change the title of this thread to "Stanton likely to... who cares"
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#34 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

View Postsantana, on 22 March 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

here i fixed that for you


Wow.. that must have been a lot of work. Salute!

your right tho, were just the idiots that are notorious for it. You know sneaky, dishonest, conniving. However there are plenty of teams that know when and when not to turn on the dishonesty. There are a bunch of players over the years that we've sh*t canned.
0

#35 User is offline   EBoozer32 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 01-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milwaukee

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

View Postsantana, on 22 March 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

need to change the title of this thread to "Stanton likely to... who cares"


Exactly... who care's about this guy, and why? whats he done besides fail and fall to #3 on a shite team (DET)? Tbw is here. Stanton was honestly the first mistake. That guy was worth nothing and no better than any average roster fill out there. There were so many other slightly better than avg qbs out there... stanton wasnt one. dump him.

Tebow is what it is. Tbaum can live or die with this one.

Stanton is nothing worth caring about. just another mistake. McElroy could have been #2 just as well. We could have got Clemmens back and been better off than stanton.
0

#36 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,044
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

BUT WHO IS GOING TO DOUGIE THEN?!?!


0

#37 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,276
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

View PostEBoozer32, on 23 March 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

Exactly... who care's about this guy, and why? whats he done besides fail and fall to #3 on a shite team (DET)? Tbw is here. Stanton was honestly the first mistake. That guy was worth nothing and no better than any average roster fill out there. There were so many other slightly better than avg qbs out there... stanton wasnt one. dump him.

Tebow is what it is. Tbaum can live or die with this one.

Stanton is nothing worth caring about. just another mistake. McElroy could have been #2 just as well. We could have got Clemmens back and been better off than stanton.


:aaa9:
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#38 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,634
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 22 March 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Pick chart :rolleyes: Please. Those things are just somebody's opinion until players are actually chosen with those picks and those players play a few seasons. As of right now 2 picks are better than one. The Broncos could use those picks to get a higher draft pick than the one the Jags have in the 4th. I'm going to believe what Tim Tebow said himself rather than some pick value chart. The broncos had the final say on where he went.

Jax picks 6th in the 4th which is worth 92 points
Jets pick 13th in the 4th which is 76 points then our 6th rounder (18th) which is 21.2 points for a total of 97.2 points but we get a 7th rounder back worth 5.6 which means they gain 91.6 points. slightly lower then jax offered and .5 less million. jax offer was slightly better. and they don't get 2 picks cause they give us a pick back too. Tebow got his choice cause the offers were so similar. had jax offered more like a 3rd rounder i'm sure denver would have sent him there regardless. but since they were close they let him pick
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#39 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,276
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 March 2012 - 01:18 AM, said:

Jax picks 6th in the 4th which is worth 92 points
Jets pick 13th in the 4th which is 76 points then our 6th rounder (18th) which is 21.2 points for a total of 97.2 points but we get a 7th rounder back worth 5.6 which means they gain 91.6 points. slightly lower then jax offered and .5 less million. jax offer was slightly better. and they don't get 2 picks cause they give us a pick back too. Tebow got his choice cause the offers were so similar. had jax offered more like a 3rd rounder i'm sure denver would have sent him there regardless. but since they were close they let him pick


Who did Jacksonville pick with their 4th round pick? Who did the Broncos pick with the two picks we gave them? How well have these players played in the NFL so far. The "DRAFT VALUE BOARD" might as well be written on toilet paper. THE BRONCOS HAD THE FINAL SAY. No franchise in any sport are going to put the desire of some player they made a point of showing the door before what the franchise wants itself. If the Broncos had wanted to send Tebow to Jacksonville he'd be there. The Jets gave Denver the better deal.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#40 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,634
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 22 March 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Who did Jacksonville pick with their 4th round pick? Who did the Broncos pick with the two picks we gave them? How well have these players played in the NFL so far. The "DRAFT VALUE BOARD" might as well be written on toilet paper. THE BRONCOS HAD THE FINAL SAY. No franchise in any sport are going to put the desire of some player they made a point of showing the door before what the franchise wants itself. If the Broncos had wanted to send Tebow to Jacksonville he'd be there. The Jets gave Denver the better deal.


Just admit your wrong and move on. You said that we gave up more, I proved we didn't and now your saying that you can't judge it until you find out who gets drafted? What if we draft the next tom brady with the 7th rounder they gave us? does mean that 7th rounder is worth more then the 1st overall pick? Stop with the stupid logic. The draft is at best a crapshoot. You can't judge on player performance. You judge on the value chart. the jags offered more but tebow wanted to be here so denver gave him to us
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users