NYJetsFan.com Forums: Tebow Thinks He Can Beat Out Sanchez For Starting Job - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 07:04 PM) Hill is useless bro lol
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:05 PM) All I can say I streamed this game and if anyone thinks about recording it from NFL Network at 4pm Eastern Saturday.....DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:07 PM) This game was pure sh1t. Even though it was back up players the Jets got totally destroyed in this game. After seeing this game Im really worried about the Jets starting core because these backup guys looked like they shouldn't have even been on the field at all. I just hope the starters are 3000 times better than these guys that played in game 4
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:09 PM) The Jets got horse f*cked by the Eagles in this game.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:24 PM) we are hosed in the secondary
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:26 PM) we need to cut this assclown patterson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Tebow Thinks He Can Beat Out Sanchez For Starting Job

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

Tebow thinks he can beat out Sanchez for starting job
Mar
3/23/2012 9:15:53 AM
| More

Tim Tebow thinks he can beat out Mark Sanchez to become the Jets starting quarterback..

A major factor in Tebow’s push to come to New York over Jacksonville, his hometown, is that he sees a clear path to resuming his career as a starter, sources told Gary Myers of the New York Daily News.

The Jets will start Tebow off in a limited role as the Wildcat quarterback — GM Mike Tannenbaum must have said 20 times the other night that Sanchez is the starter and Tebow is the backup.

“They want me to come in and compete and get better as a quarterback and help the team any way possible,” Tebow said. “Whatever that role is, I will do my best. Every time I step on the field, I give my heart and soul.”
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

The Jaguars job would be easier to win, I think Blaine Gabbert is going to be a bust and Chad Henne really blows. Sanchez is better than both and the Jets have more invested into Sanchez than the Jags have in those QBs.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

sources told Gary Myers

Yay. More unattributed quotes about the Jets' quarterback situation.

#4 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Tebow must not have seen how the Jets have handled Sanchez's development if he thinks they can help his.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Yea okay. Tebow looked at the Jags, his hometown team where he won the Heisman and thinks that he can't beat out Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne? But he's going to come to NY where Sanchez is guaranteed the job for 2 years and beat him out?

:hysterical:

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

The little engine that could comes to New York City.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Well maybe if Tebow does win the job then Rex won't have to throw the ball at all. Just straight GROUND AND POUND BABE!!! YEAH!! BOOM!!

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 24 March 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Well maybe if Tebow does win the job then Rex won't have to throw the ball at all. Just straight GROUND AND POUND BABE!!! YEAH!! BOOM!!

They both have their strong points and weaknesses. Whether it tuns out good or is a total circus it should be interesting if anything.

Tebow cant throw the ball worth a crap but he has amazing on the field awareness and sees everything.

Sanchez has all the physical skills and can throw the ball but his on the field awareness isn't worth a crap and he misses most everything.

To bad the two of them couldn't be molded into one qb.

#9 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

While Asschez is f***ing his Slut-of-the-Week or doing face nauseating spreads in Esquire, I think Tebow is going to be busting his ass trying to get better and correct his on field problems. I see no reason as to why he can't win the job at some point.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 25 March 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

While Asschez is f***ing his Slut-of-the-Week or doing face nauseating spreads in Esquire, I think Tebow is going to be busting his ass trying to get better and correct his on field problems. I see no reason as to why he can't win the job at some point.

Cause Tebow doesn't pose for magazines, book covers, and do photoshoots as much as Sanchez. I'm guessing he, in fact, poses for vastly more of them than Mark does.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#11 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 25 March 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

Cause Tebow doesn't pose for magazines, book covers, and do photoshoots as much as Sanchez. I'm guessing he, in fact, poses for vastly more of them than Mark does.

His point was Tebow = hard worker, Sanchez = pretty boy.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

TeBLOW and his 40% completion can't win any starting job. The Jets were dumb asses for trading for him to begin with. Denver would've cut him flat out to where the Jets could've signed him as a free agent rather than giving up anything at all. And now we had to give up the 7th rounder AND Drew Stanton just to get a 6th rounder back. All to be able to run the f***ing wildcat? Go figure. In the long-run, at least it hopefully means we'll be keeping McElroy who will be FAR better in quarterback drills than Teblow.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#13 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 25 March 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

TeBLOW and his 40% completion can't win any starting job. The Jets were dumb asses for trading for him to begin with. Denver would've cut him flat out to where the Jets could've signed him as a free agent rather than giving up anything at all. And now we had to give up the 7th rounder AND Drew Stanton just to get a 6th rounder back. All to be able to run the f***ing wildcat? Go figure. In the long-run, at least it hopefully means we'll be keeping McElroy who will be FAR better in quarterback drills than Teblow.

makes for bigger news if hes traded for
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#14 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

You're upset over losing a 7th round pick? When is the last time the Jets drafted anyone of worth in the 7th round? Talent can be had there but the Jets never find it so really who cares? Tebow is worth a 4th because you already know you have a tireless worker who is a spectacular athlete, with a couple years in the NFL under his belt.

BTW, he doesnt need to win a competition, because the starting qb blows it for them because they cant take the pressure of no one liking them. Happened in Denver, it will most definately happen in NY. If Sanchez doesnt greatly improve after the first few games, the Tebow chants will come and the pampered boy will curl up into a ball and wilt under the pressure. Then Rex will put in Tebow, in essence WINNING the qb position.

And if all that happens and Tebow helps us to the playoffs, what will be your tune then? Still mad at Tebow for helping so much and being a steal for, in essence, a 4th and 7th?
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Stop. We weren't the only team in for him. Of course "if no one wanted him they would of just cut him" - no shit. St. Louis was in for him and other teams were asking about it.

This name calling is absolutely f***ing ludacris. But hey, of course you won't blast the FO for bringing him but blast the player who is going to work his ass off for the team we love. Right on, stay classy.

Just like Clemens said, you'll still bitch if Tebow led us to the playoffs. That's how pathetic this fan base is.

#16 User is offline   x80NyJeTs28x Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 March 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Tebow thinks he can beat out Sanchez for starting job
Mar
3/23/2012 9:15:53 AM
| More

Tim Tebow thinks he can beat out Mark Sanchez to become the Jets starting quarterback..

A major factor in Tebow’s push to come to New York over Jacksonville, his hometown, is that he sees a clear path to resuming his career as a starter, sources told Gary Myers of the New York Daily News.

The Jets will start Tebow off in a limited role as the Wildcat quarterback — GM Mike Tannenbaum must have said 20 times the other night that Sanchez is the starter and Tebow is the backup.

“They want me to come in and compete and get better as a quarterback and help the team any way possible,” Tebow said. “Whatever that role is, I will do my best. Every time I step on the field, I give my heart and soul.”

Look at the headline then look at Tebow's quote...lol, stupid media just tries to blow everything up.
user posted image

#17 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

View Postx80NyJeTs28x, on 26 March 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Look at the headline then look at Tebow's quote...lol, stupid media just tries to blow everything up.

I'm wild late but...welcome back homie
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

You guys that think Tebow is a good QB are ridiculous. The whole thought of if Sanchez has a few 3 & outs put in Tebow to try light a fire under the team is a joke!! Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Tebow LEAD THE LEAGUE in 3 & outs? Tebow in 2 years in the league has yet to break a 50% completion rating for f*** sake.

The front office did absolutely NOTHING to improve this team in the off season so far. What areas of need have been addressed other than safety? We needed someone to CHALLENGE Sanchez to light a fire under him. Instead, they brought in a complete joke. There has been ZERO help for the offensive line brought in. No help for the D line. No help for the linebacking corps. No help at WR. f***ing Buffalo has improved while we're doing nothing but trying to sell PSL's.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#19 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 24 March 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

They both have their strong points and weaknesses. Whether it tuns out good or is a total circus it should be interesting if anything.

Tebow cant throw the ball worth a crap but he has amazing on the field awareness and sees everything.

Sanchez has all the physical skills and can throw the ball but his on the field awareness isn't worth a crap and he misses most everything.

To bad the two of them couldn't be molded into one qb.

If you miss everything you throw to - you can't throw.

#20 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 30 March 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

You guys that think Tebow is a good QB are ridiculous. The whole thought of if Sanchez has a few 3 & outs put in Tebow to try light a fire under the team is a joke!! Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Tebow LEAD THE LEAGUE in 3 & outs? Tebow in 2 years in the league has yet to break a 50% completion rating for f*** sake.

The front office did absolutely NOTHING to improve this team in the off season so far. What areas of need have been addressed other than safety? We needed someone to CHALLENGE Sanchez to light a fire under him. Instead, they brought in a complete joke. There has been ZERO help for the offensive line brought in. No help for the D line. No help for the linebacking corps. No help at WR. f***ing Buffalo has improved while we're doing nothing but trying to sell PSL's.

You talk about Tebow and the move as if we are bringing him in to compete with Philip Rivers (I stayed away from the great ones). He will compete with a kid who has shown no growth, has happy feet, throws a low ball that is batted down 3 to 5 times a game, can't gain the respect of his peers in the locker room and brought his team to two AFC Championship games because of a stellar defense and a superior (at the time) running game.

I'm not a Tebow fan or a Tebow detractor. Personally I think McElroy is better than both of them but knowing the Jets he will never get a chance to show it. However, Bill Parcells, a great coach, judges a QB by one standard and one standard only - how many times does he get you points. Why not simply wait and see what happens?

And this idea that we needed to bring someone credible in to push Sanchez could not be more ridiculous. I can just imagine Sanchez sitting around thinking "I don't have to play too well as they don't have anyone to challenge me for the job. Oops - Stanton is here so now I will play better." Please. That myth is a crazy as the contract year theory - a theory that has been shown to be garbage. I will give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt and say he tries his best game after game.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users