NYJetsFan.com Forums: Tebow Thinks He Can Beat Out Sanchez For Starting Job - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets pick up option on Wilkerson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 April 2014 - 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (17 April 2014 - 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
santana Icon : (17 April 2014 - 01:46 PM) 05 on point today
santana Icon : (17 April 2014 - 02:36 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:31 PM) It's 0099's favorite day of the year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:32 PM) it's National High-5 day :WTF:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:32 PM) who the hell high 5's people anymore
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:32 PM) just dap and leave it there
santana Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:43 PM) everyone high 5s
santana Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:44 PM) bubba watson when he won the masters last weekend went through a gauntlet of high 5s
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 06:05 PM) GG03 is the high 5 master
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 06:07 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 April 2014 - 10:45 PM) People don't dap anymore either.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 April 2014 - 04:43 PM) Dapping is more manly than high 5ing which is really really really girly
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 April 2014 - 06:05 PM) gg03 doesn't like that people left him hanging
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:15 PM) liverpool potentially winning the league on my birthday
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:15 PM) cannot write that script
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:31 PM) I don't acknowledge people who try to high 5 me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:32 PM) I ignore and never pay no mind to people who try to high 5 me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:32 PM) I bet you like to tap on guys asses when you high 5 someone huh 0099
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:33 PM) that is why you partake in high 5ing people cause you just love to get your mitts on mens asses...whatever floats your boat
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:33 PM) weirdo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) I can't wait for the 2014 season to start
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) this wait is really boring...
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:20 PM) cause the only topic that seems to make this somewhat worth visiting the site is 0099's obsession with touching mens asses when he high 5's them...and how he is trying to persuade me to do the same...
Resize Shouts Area

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

Tebow Thinks He Can Beat Out Sanchez For Starting Job

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,538
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

Tebow thinks he can beat out Sanchez for starting job
Mar
23
3/23/2012 9:15:53 AM
| More

Tim Tebow thinks he can beat out Mark Sanchez to become the Jets starting quarterback..

A major factor in Tebow’s push to come to New York over Jacksonville, his hometown, is that he sees a clear path to resuming his career as a starter, sources told Gary Myers of the New York Daily News.

The Jets will start Tebow off in a limited role as the Wildcat quarterback — GM Mike Tannenbaum must have said 20 times the other night that Sanchez is the starter and Tebow is the backup.

“They want me to come in and compete and get better as a quarterback and help the team any way possible,” Tebow said. “Whatever that role is, I will do my best. Every time I step on the field, I give my heart and soul.”
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,952
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

The Jaguars job would be easier to win, I think Blaine Gabbert is going to be a bust and Chad Henne really blows. Sanchez is better than both and the Jets have more invested into Sanchez than the Jags have in those QBs.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,247
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

Quote

sources told Gary Myers


Yay. More unattributed quotes about the Jets' quarterback situation.
0

#4 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Tebow must not have seen how the Jets have handled Sanchez's development if he thinks they can help his.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,449
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Yea okay. Tebow looked at the Jags, his hometown team where he won the Heisman and thinks that he can't beat out Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne? But he's going to come to NY where Sanchez is guaranteed the job for 2 years and beat him out?

:hysterical:
0

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,142
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

The little engine that could comes to New York City.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.
0

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,128
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Well maybe if Tebow does win the job then Rex won't have to throw the ball at all. Just straight GROUND AND POUND BABE!!! YEAH!! BOOM!!
0

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,357
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 24 March 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Well maybe if Tebow does win the job then Rex won't have to throw the ball at all. Just straight GROUND AND POUND BABE!!! YEAH!! BOOM!!

They both have their strong points and weaknesses. Whether it tuns out good or is a total circus it should be interesting if anything.

Tebow cant throw the ball worth a crap but he has amazing on the field awareness and sees everything.

Sanchez has all the physical skills and can throw the ball but his on the field awareness isn't worth a crap and he misses most everything.

To bad the two of them couldn't be molded into one qb.
0

#9 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 661
  • Joined: 10-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ/Las Vegas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

While Asschez is f***ing his Slut-of-the-Week or doing face nauseating spreads in Esquire, I think Tebow is going to be busting his ass trying to get better and correct his on field problems. I see no reason as to why he can't win the job at some point.
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 25 March 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

While Asschez is f***ing his Slut-of-the-Week or doing face nauseating spreads in Esquire, I think Tebow is going to be busting his ass trying to get better and correct his on field problems. I see no reason as to why he can't win the job at some point.


Cause Tebow doesn't pose for magazines, book covers, and do photoshoots as much as Sanchez. I'm guessing he, in fact, poses for vastly more of them than Mark does.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#11 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

  • I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 25 March 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

Cause Tebow doesn't pose for magazines, book covers, and do photoshoots as much as Sanchez. I'm guessing he, in fact, poses for vastly more of them than Mark does.


His point was Tebow = hard worker, Sanchez = pretty boy.
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,520
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

TeBLOW and his 40% completion can't win any starting job. The Jets were dumb asses for trading for him to begin with. Denver would've cut him flat out to where the Jets could've signed him as a free agent rather than giving up anything at all. And now we had to give up the 7th rounder AND Drew Stanton just to get a 6th rounder back. All to be able to run the f***ing wildcat? Go figure. In the long-run, at least it hopefully means we'll be keeping McElroy who will be FAR better in quarterback drills than Teblow.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#13 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,730
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 25 March 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

TeBLOW and his 40% completion can't win any starting job. The Jets were dumb asses for trading for him to begin with. Denver would've cut him flat out to where the Jets could've signed him as a free agent rather than giving up anything at all. And now we had to give up the 7th rounder AND Drew Stanton just to get a 6th rounder back. All to be able to run the f***ing wildcat? Go figure. In the long-run, at least it hopefully means we'll be keeping McElroy who will be FAR better in quarterback drills than Teblow.


makes for bigger news if hes traded for
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!
0

#14 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

  • I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 25 March 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

TeBLOW and his 40% completion can't win any starting job. The Jets were dumb asses for trading for him to begin with. Denver would've cut him flat out to where the Jets could've signed him as a free agent rather than giving up anything at all. And now we had to give up the 7th rounder AND Drew Stanton just to get a 6th rounder back. All to be able to run the f***ing wildcat? Go figure. In the long-run, at least it hopefully means we'll be keeping McElroy who will be FAR better in quarterback drills than Teblow.



You're upset over losing a 7th round pick? When is the last time the Jets drafted anyone of worth in the 7th round? Talent can be had there but the Jets never find it so really who cares? Tebow is worth a 4th because you already know you have a tireless worker who is a spectacular athlete, with a couple years in the NFL under his belt.


BTW, he doesnt need to win a competition, because the starting qb blows it for them because they cant take the pressure of no one liking them. Happened in Denver, it will most definately happen in NY. If Sanchez doesnt greatly improve after the first few games, the Tebow chants will come and the pampered boy will curl up into a ball and wilt under the pressure. Then Rex will put in Tebow, in essence WINNING the qb position.


And if all that happens and Tebow helps us to the playoffs, what will be your tune then? Still mad at Tebow for helping so much and being a steal for, in essence, a 4th and 7th?
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 6,979
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 25 March 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

TeBLOW and his 40% completion can't win any starting job. The Jets were dumb asses for trading for him to begin with. Denver would've cut him flat out to where the Jets could've signed him as a free agent rather than giving up anything at all. And now we had to give up the 7th rounder AND Drew Stanton just to get a 6th rounder back. All to be able to run the f***ing wildcat? Go figure. In the long-run, at least it hopefully means we'll be keeping McElroy who will be FAR better in quarterback drills than Teblow.


Stop. We weren't the only team in for him. Of course "if no one wanted him they would of just cut him" - no shit. St. Louis was in for him and other teams were asking about it.

This name calling is absolutely f***ing ludacris. But hey, of course you won't blast the FO for bringing him but blast the player who is going to work his ass off for the team we love. Right on, stay classy.

Just like Clemens said, you'll still bitch if Tebow led us to the playoffs. That's how pathetic this fan base is.
0

#16 User is offline   x80NyJeTs28x Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 403
  • Joined: 05-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lyndhurst, NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 March 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Tebow thinks he can beat out Sanchez for starting job
Mar
23
3/23/2012 9:15:53 AM
| More

Tim Tebow thinks he can beat out Mark Sanchez to become the Jets starting quarterback..

A major factor in Tebow’s push to come to New York over Jacksonville, his hometown, is that he sees a clear path to resuming his career as a starter, sources told Gary Myers of the New York Daily News.

The Jets will start Tebow off in a limited role as the Wildcat quarterback — GM Mike Tannenbaum must have said 20 times the other night that Sanchez is the starter and Tebow is the backup.

“They want me to come in and compete and get better as a quarterback and help the team any way possible,” Tebow said. “Whatever that role is, I will do my best. Every time I step on the field, I give my heart and soul.”



Look at the headline then look at Tebow's quote...lol, stupid media just tries to blow everything up.
user posted image
0

#17 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 4,993
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

View Postx80NyJeTs28x, on 26 March 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Look at the headline then look at Tebow's quote...lol, stupid media just tries to blow everything up.



I'm wild late but...welcome back homie
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,520
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

You guys that think Tebow is a good QB are ridiculous. The whole thought of if Sanchez has a few 3 & outs put in Tebow to try light a fire under the team is a joke!! Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Tebow LEAD THE LEAGUE in 3 & outs? Tebow in 2 years in the league has yet to break a 50% completion rating for f*** sake.

The front office did absolutely NOTHING to improve this team in the off season so far. What areas of need have been addressed other than safety? We needed someone to CHALLENGE Sanchez to light a fire under him. Instead, they brought in a complete joke. There has been ZERO help for the offensive line brought in. No help for the D line. No help for the linebacking corps. No help at WR. f***ing Buffalo has improved while we're doing nothing but trying to sell PSL's.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#19 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 190
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 24 March 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

They both have their strong points and weaknesses. Whether it tuns out good or is a total circus it should be interesting if anything.

Tebow cant throw the ball worth a crap but he has amazing on the field awareness and sees everything.

Sanchez has all the physical skills and can throw the ball but his on the field awareness isn't worth a crap and he misses most everything.

To bad the two of them couldn't be molded into one qb.

If you miss everything you throw to - you can't throw.
0

#20 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 190
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 30 March 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

You guys that think Tebow is a good QB are ridiculous. The whole thought of if Sanchez has a few 3 & outs put in Tebow to try light a fire under the team is a joke!! Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Tebow LEAD THE LEAGUE in 3 & outs? Tebow in 2 years in the league has yet to break a 50% completion rating for f*** sake.

The front office did absolutely NOTHING to improve this team in the off season so far. What areas of need have been addressed other than safety? We needed someone to CHALLENGE Sanchez to light a fire under him. Instead, they brought in a complete joke. There has been ZERO help for the offensive line brought in. No help for the D line. No help for the linebacking corps. No help at WR. f***ing Buffalo has improved while we're doing nothing but trying to sell PSL's.

You talk about Tebow and the move as if we are bringing him in to compete with Philip Rivers (I stayed away from the great ones). He will compete with a kid who has shown no growth, has happy feet, throws a low ball that is batted down 3 to 5 times a game, can't gain the respect of his peers in the locker room and brought his team to two AFC Championship games because of a stellar defense and a superior (at the time) running game.

I'm not a Tebow fan or a Tebow detractor. Personally I think McElroy is better than both of them but knowing the Jets he will never get a chance to show it. However, Bill Parcells, a great coach, judges a QB by one standard and one standard only - how many times does he get you points. Why not simply wait and see what happens?

And this idea that we needed to bring someone credible in to push Sanchez could not be more ridiculous. I can just imagine Sanchez sitting around thinking "I don't have to play too well as they don't have anyone to challenge me for the job. Oops - Stanton is here so now I will play better." Please. That myth is a crazy as the contract year theory - a theory that has been shown to be garbage. I will give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt and say he tries his best game after game.
0

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users