NYJetsFan.com Forums: Tebow Thinks He Can Beat Out Sanchez For Starting Job - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ROBJETS Icon : (22 August 2014 - 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 August 2014 - 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 August 2014 - 07:23 AM) preseason or not, our offense hasn't looked competent in a while like it does this year. our rushing attack should be very good. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory could be a dynamic duo
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 10:14 AM) http://youtu.be/2X0H709cJkA
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 01:28 PM) 2-0 lead most dangerous kind of lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 02:46 PM) Sam Bradford tears ACL and out for the season
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Dimitri Patterson is MISSING
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 04:50 PM) BREAKING NEWS: NO FAT CHICKS!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Rams want Sanchez
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Shotty and Sanchez again
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:04 PM) Champ Bailey to be released by Denver. Considering how busted up we are and Patterson now being suspended, do we take a look?
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:05 PM) Cro rumored to be gettin released from Arizona. We should definitely bring him in since he already knows the system and he's bett erhtan our 3rd/4th stringers which is where we're at at this point.
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:06 PM) *better than
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:58 PM) Cro may get released?!
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 02:07 PM) /announcement
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 04:54 PM) patterson suspended indefinatly by idzik. were fucked at CB right now
azjetfan Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Do the Rams have a CB worth trading for?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) Saunders had a seizure, that is why he got into a car crash. He returned to practice, weird/
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 07:00 AM) ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Jets tried trading WR Stepehen Hill this summer. No takers. Let's see if final cuts today and Saturday change that equation.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:15 AM) i hate izdik
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 12:32 PM) Our starting CB Walls working in rehab area
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 02:52 PM) any CBs that are decent on the trade block or facing salary cuts?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:00 PM) I wouldnt cut Hill watch him go to NE and turn into Randy Moss
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) I'm just glad there aren't anymore greedy bastards on the team to deal with
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Or street thugs
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) f*** a CB problem
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:49 PM) need 1 more in the fantasy league
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Tebow Thinks He Can Beat Out Sanchez For Starting Job

#21 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

View Postchocomag, on 30 March 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

You talk about Tebow and the move as if we are bringing him in to compete with Philip Rivers (I stayed away from the great ones). He will compete with a kid who has shown no growth, has happy feet, throws a low ball that is batted down 3 to 5 times a game, can't gain the respect of his peers in the locker room and brought his team to two AFC Championship games because of a stellar defense and a superior (at the time) running game.

I'm not a Tebow fan or a Tebow detractor. Personally I think McElroy is better than both of them but knowing the Jets he will never get a chance to show it. However, Bill Parcells, a great coach, judges a QB by one standard and one standard only - how many times does he get you points. Why not simply wait and see what happens?

And this idea that we needed to bring someone credible in to push Sanchez could not be more ridiculous. I can just imagine Sanchez sitting around thinking "I don't have to play too well as they don't have anyone to challenge me for the job. Oops - Stanton is here so now I will play better." Please. That myth is a crazy as the contract year theory - a theory that has been shown to be garbage. I will give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt and say he tries his best game after game.

I agree with all of this. Sanchez deserves the benefit of the doubt because of the guy fired who in the banner. As for McElroy that is way too soon to call. It would of been better if brunell had been 3rd string and mcelroy behind sanchez. In retrospect brunell did as much as any other 3rd stringer would have.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#22 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Tebow also thinks you shouldn't have sex until your married. Our real QB is banging supermodels. Enough said
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

You talk about Tebow and the move as if we are bringing him in to compete with Philip Rivers (I stayed away from the great ones). He will compete with a kid who has shown no growth, has happy feet, throws a low ball that is batted down 3 to 5 times a game, can't gain the respect of his peers in the locker room and brought his team to two AFC Championship games because of a stellar defense and a superior (at the time) running game.

I'm not a Tebow fan or a Tebow detractor. Personally I think McElroy is better than both of them but knowing the Jets he will never get a chance to show it. However, Bill Parcells, a great coach, judges a QB by one standard and one standard only - how many times does he get you points. Why not simply wait and see what happens?

And this idea that we needed to bring someone credible in to push Sanchez could not be more ridiculous. I can just imagine Sanchez sitting around thinking "I don't have to play too well as they don't have anyone to challenge me for the job. Oops - Stanton is here so now I will play better." Please. That myth is a crazy as the contract year theory - a theory that has been shown to be garbage. I will give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt and say he tries his best game after game.

Bryan Thomas would like to have a word with you.

Anyway, Tebow didn't legitimately beat out Orton and he isn't legitimately beating out Sanchez. Good for him, he believes he can be a starter in the NFL. I would be worried if he thought he was great 3rd string material.
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   x80NyJeTs28x Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 26 March 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

I'm wild late but...welcome back homie

My man Harlem...hows everything? hit me up some time. Been around here and there the past few years but sometimes i get heated reading and have to comment lol
user posted image

#25 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 March 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Tebow also thinks you shouldn't have sex until your married. Our real QB is banging supermodels. Enough said

i hope that was just an attempt at being funny.

Chad= Cheerleader

#26 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostBESTHANDS8381, on 31 March 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

i hope that was just an attempt at being funny.

Why are you on this thing with 2 usernames?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 March 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

What does that have to do with anything?
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#28 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 31 March 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

What does that have to do with anything?

its just a joke lol
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 31 March 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Why are you on this thing with 2 usernames?

lol my b. I am lazy so i dont like logging in everytime i check the website for a minutes so i have myself logged in on my home computer under this name, and im logged into my laptop as the other one because i usually just wanna check for updates on there. I realized after i replied that i wasnt logged in under my current name. my b. it wont become a habit. like i said i dont usually post from that one just view, but that post made me want to reply and i forgot that i wasnt under my normal name. apologies.
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

Where was I ever comparing Sanchez to any "great one"? And for that matter.....you really can't even say Rivers is that much better than Sanchez considering Sanchez has already beaten him twice. He's also lost to him, but while Sanchez had his numbers improve last year other than fumbles lost, Rivers had a terrible year.

I'm with you thinking that McElroy has the potential to be better than both Sanchez or Teblow. My complaint is why all of the hooplah over a no talent such as Tebow rather than actually addressing areas of need that the team does have? If they were going to sign a backup QB, they should have gone after someone that could have had a chance to actually at least TRY to win a few games if Sanchez was either playing poorly or if he got hurt. If McElroy isn't ready, we're completely fucked because it'll be 1999 all over again just like after Vinny went down with the torn Achilles. Actually....can't even say '99 because Tebow couldn't carry Ray Lucas' jock strap. I'd mirror him closer to Neil O-Donnell & the '95 squad but even ODonnell was a better QB which is VERY hard to say but the stats prove it.

As for Parcells.....his thoughts mean nothing to me considering he's nothing more than a fat piece of shit that road the shirt tails of a few stars, got a couple rings & then found out he couldn't get the job done without having Hall of Famers on his teams so he would just bounce around & then quit.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#31 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

Funny how you guys talk about McElroy like he's got this great future ahead of him.

Pedestrian QB.

#32 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 01 April 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Funny how you guys talk about McElroy like he's got this great future ahead of him.

Pedestrian QB.

I don't get that either.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#33 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 01 April 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

Pedestrian QB.

i know wtf? he is a weaker arm chad pennington
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 April 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

i know wtf? he is a weaker arm chad pennington

Really? What games were you watching with McElroy playing or did you even bother to watch any at all? Normally you make pretty intelligent posts but this one honestly baffles me. The Texans were #1 overall Defense in the league in 2011 & #2 against the pass. McElroy got sacked 5 times but yet still had the wherewithal to stand in & make his reads, check down when needed, avoid other sacks, rush to get first downs, etc. Where are you getting a weaker armed Chad Pennington from? McElroy can throw the long ball with ease & has far more accuracy than either Sanchez or Tebow. Maybe you should check into a player before making such comments about them next time?

I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#35 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Just out of curiosity.......wouldn't you have called Drew Brees nothing more than a "pedestrian QB" when he was playing in San Diego or maybe Dan Marino when he was coming out in the draft due to bad knees and ankles? Eli Manning? Phillip Rivers? Before he torched Detroit last season had you ever heard of Matt Flynn? How's about Matt Moore in Miami? Do you see any potential in him? I don't know about you but I actually do & I think the kid sadly is being wasted in Miami.

Regardless......you guys are missing my whole point in the post. It's not mainly about McElroy. It's about how badly the Front Office & Rex screwed up & COMPLETELY missed the point of what the offseason is meant to do. It's meant to IMPROVE the team. Not make us a joke of the league by signing a player that does NOT help the team in any way. What are they planning on doing? Turning him into a Tight End or a Running Back? He's worthless as a QB. His mechanics are GARBAGE as a QB. Too many people have completely bashed Sanchez and blamed the team's lack of success last season on Sanchez rather than on the O-line & receivers (along with the lack of Defense) where it also belonged. While Sanchez should own SOME of the blame, people also have to remember that Sanchez actually IMPROVED as a QB. He did regress in some of his tendencies such as staring down his primary receiver, but that could have been because he had no faith in the other WR considering they weren't even attempting to run a route with any heart.

#36 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 April 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Really? What games were you watching with McElroy playing or did you even bother to watch any at all? Normally you make pretty intelligent posts but this one honestly baffles me. The Texans were #1 overall Defense in the league in 2011 & #2 against the pass. McElroy got sacked 5 times but yet still had the wherewithal to stand in & make his reads, check down when needed, avoid other sacks, rush to get first downs, etc. Where are you getting a weaker armed Chad Pennington from? McElroy can throw the long ball with ease & has far more accuracy than either Sanchez or Tebow. Maybe you should check into a player before making such comments about them next time?

That's a preseason game where he had a 81 QB rating and our top four receivers were Cumberland, Baker, Turner and Powell. It wasn't exactly the Texans defense that was on the field for the majority of the season.

Probably 115, like most people, didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the performance of our third string QB in quarters two through four of the team's first preseason game. He however generally did seem to be watching during the regular season when McElroy produced zero stats.

I think McElroy is a decent guy to try and develop as a backup, but it is mostly because he has a credible reputation and hopefully if we make him look good we can Kolb him off on the Redskins or Raiders in a few years. Let's not pretend he has ever done anything to deserve being considered better than Sanchez.
--
I do agree we are performing pathetically this offseason.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#37 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

I never said McElroy was better than Sanchez. If that were the case, he would've been our starter rather than the 3rd stringer. I even acknowledged that his play was against backups. My point was that he has shown more skills or more potential than Tebow has.

I wish people would start paying attention to posts & read that my posts have been more about how Tanny & company have been signing garbage to sell PSL's rather than addressing areas of need to actually improve this team. Then somehow it got sidetracked with 115 claiming (I would assume after a number of drinks) that he's a weaker armed Chad Pennington.

#38 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

McElroy does have a weak arm, that was his biggest issue.If he had a strong arm he wouldn't have been a 7th round pick.
Posted Image

#39 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 April 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

I never said McElroy was better than Sanchez. If that were the case, he would've been our starter rather than the 3rd stringer. I even acknowledged that his play was against backups. My point was that he has shown more skills or more potential than Tebow has.

I wish people would start paying attention to posts & read that my posts have been more about how Tanny & company have been signing garbage to sell PSL's rather than addressing areas of need to actually improve this team. Then somehow it got sidetracked with 115 claiming (I would assume after a number of drinks) that he's a weaker armed Chad Pennington.

Well, I agree about Tebow not being a credible addition, but you did say McElroy had the potential to be better than either (among other things) and in this post:

I didn't see anything about backups, just being an elite defense. If you said that somewhere else, fine, but it's had to cross-reference every post someone makes on the board.

All I'm saying is ever since we traded for Tebow I've noticed a tendency to start overstating what McElroy is. The fact that he is a better player than a guy ahead of him doesn't make him anything special. I like McElroy in a lot of ways, but he has done less than either QB to deserve any sort of attention. If he was on thirty-one other teams in the league no one would even think about him.

That isn't meant to specifically target you, it's just a trend I feel is developing to overrated a guy to help discredit another.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#40 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 01 April 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

McElroy does have a weak arm, that was his biggest issue.If he had a strong arm he wouldn't have been a 7th round pick.

Do you REALLY believe that? I have a question for you.....do you happen to know what round Bart Starr was drafted in? The 17th. Or if you want to come to modern day..... Tom Brady was a 6th Round draft pick at number 199 overall. So that means McElroy was drafter only 9 picks further back from Brady, so please tell me how you are relating drafting to the ability to play again?

OBVIOUSLY what round you get drafted in doesn't always equate to being a great player in the NFL. Ryan Leaf was a 1st rounder (2nd overall pick in the '98 draft) and wound up being a bust the last time I checked.

You need to come up with a FAR better argument than where someone is drafted to determine a player's worth on the field. Wayne Chrebet is a fine example of that. UNdrafted & was without a doubt THE premiere 3rd down clutch receiver in the league during his career.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users