NYJetsFan.com Forums: Quinton Coples - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) Jets starting Geno again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) FIRE IDZIK,
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) I really hope the JEts completely clean house this offseason and get rid of everyone, it's time.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 AM) We need to keep getting embarrassed every week to ensure that. That is why I don't give a shit about getting destroyed, it makes the team look like more of a joke and forces Woody to make real changes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Quinton Coples Rex

#1 Guest_EliteJets_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

We all know the Jets need a passrusher/pass rush and an OLB in the worst way.... we select at #16, I could see Rex falling in love with a pass rusher(player) and wanted to move up to get him. Coples is the best pass rusher in the draft and is projected anywhere from 6 to 10!!

Jets had tons of people at Carolina's pro day and we have to get Rex a Terrell Suggs/demarcus Ware type of player(not saying coples we be as good as either of those guys) the point being... We need a Stud OLB and I think this might be Rex's guy!!!

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Not sure about him, 7.57 3-cone worries me. Don't really want to trade up. The guy I want is Melvin Ingram, he would be able to do so many things on this defense. If only he would fall to us.

I wonder if the Jets have interest in Zach Brown as well, he is a great athlete and would be a big improvement at LB in terms of coverage and speed.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

So your saying to trade picks to get him?

No thanks.

#4 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 23 March 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

Not sure about him, 7.57 3-cone worries me. Don't really want to trade up. The guy I want is Melvin Ingram, he would be able to do so many things on this defense. If only he would fall to us.

I wonder if the Jets have interest in Zach Brown as well, he is a great athlete and would be a big improvement at LB in terms of coverage and speed.

Zach Brown is going to be one hell of a player.

Probably not exactly made for a 3-4 but I

Think the Pats would LOVE him at their pick.

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Stay where we are and take ingram or mercilus. One of them will be there. Then hope to land Stephen hill in the 2nd even if we have to move up a few spots
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

I actually kinda hope that we double up in the draft and take Ingram/Upshaw in the 1st and Curry in the 2nd. We really have nothing at OLB. B Thomas is obviously on his last legs and Pace is in his last year.

#7 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 23 March 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

I actually kinda hope that we double up in the draft and take Ingram/Upshaw in the 1st and Curry in the 2nd. We really have nothing at OLB. B Thomas is obviously on his last legs and Pace is in his last year.

I'd be tempted with drafting OLBs back to back, but still think we'd be better served looking to fill two different positions with our first pair of picks next month. Obviously we should draft the best player available at the time, so if that's an edge rusher in the first and another in the second then fair enough. But if there's a quality safety, receiver or tackle there then I'd pull the trigger on one of them instead.
With the Tebow trade we're down a pick in the middle rounds so I don't think the front office can necessarily afford to concentrate so much attention on one specific area early on. Depth across the board is something we've been lacking these past couple seasons. Hopefully we get a compensation pick back in that part of the draft though to mitigate against that and near enough get back what we gave up for Timmy.

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 23 March 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

I'd be tempted with drafting OLBs back to back, but still think we'd be better served looking to fill two different positions with our first pair of picks next month. Obviously we should draft the best player available at the time, so if that's an edge rusher in the first and another in the second then fair enough. But if there's a quality safety, receiver or tackle there then I'd pull the trigger on one of them instead.
With the Tebow trade we're down a pick in the middle rounds so I don't think the front office can necessarily afford to concentrate so much attention on one specific area early on. Depth across the board is something we've been lacking these past couple seasons. Hopefully we get a compensation pick back in that part of the draft though to mitigate against that and near enough get back what we gave up for Timmy.

I've been studying mock drafts and this seems to be a down year for FS. Our best bet, and I hate saying this, will probably be bringing Leonhard back.

With that said, I think that OLB is our weakest position. We have marginal talent at starters and nothing behind them. Even if Maybin figures it out, He's an UFA at the end of this year and I doubt that the Jets will extend him unless he can somehow become a 3 down lineman. BT is done and Pace is on his way. We need to replentish the position (which is arguable one of the most important in our defense) sooner or later. Two picks this year or one now and one next doesnt matter. It will require multiple picks to fix.

At RT, it sound like this is Vlad Duceasses year to prove what he can do. He'll be given every opportunity to win the starting job. I don't think the FO is going to spend an early pick on his replacement just yet. With Hunter still cashing checks and Turner coming back plus that USC C we signed, we have enough dept to start the season with. I'm not saying I agree with that plan, but that's what the plan looks like right now.

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 23 March 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

That would be nice, but Ingram probably doesn't fall to us and Curry is probably going round 1.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

Trent Robinson at FS real late, please.

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

I could only imagine what Rex would do with Ingram, all the roles he could play on defense.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 23 March 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

That would be nice, but Ingram probably doesn't fall to us and Curry is probably going round 1.

I think Ingram is going to go in our neighborhood. Here's how I'm looking at this:

There are 4 teams that I think can potentially draft an OLB/DE in front of us:

Jags @ 7
Fish @ 8
Bills @ 10
Seattle @ 12

I think that Ingram is either #3 or #4 on a lot of boards. Coples seems to be the consistent #1, then Upshaw, then Ingram but Wiley Marcellus is going to rise because people think that he's the next JPP.

With that said, I think the Bills just spent $100M on Mario and will probably draft offense since they didn't sign anyone on that side of the ball. I also think that the Jags are going to need to put bodies in the stands and therefore have to try to improve their offense so I'm thinking they grab a WR with homerun capabilities.

I read somewhere that Ingram has really short arms. I'm not sure if that's true or what the means but he may not be ideally suited for the 4-3. As for Curry, I'm seeing him consistently mocked in the 2nd round, that's why I said that.

#13 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

Ingram can play OLB, DE and UT... the latter two when we go with 4 down linemen. He can drop into space and he has a knack for a big play.

I've been raving for him for months. He's ideal for this defense.

#14 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

WTF! WHY DIDNT WE TAKE INGRAM! we didn't have to trade up, he fell right in our hands, and we threw him away.

Coples has questionable effort and dissapears at times, sound familiar? Hello Vernon Gholston version 2.0! Welcome to a team who still cant draft. :sterb003: :banghead:
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostEliteJets, on 26 April 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

just saying hello from march 23rd when i said coples could be our guy and we didnt even have to move up to get him.

We should have taken Ingram.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostClemens11, on 26 April 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

WTF! WHY DIDNT WE TAKE INGRAM! we didn't have to trade up, he fell right in our hands, and we threw him away.

Coples has questionable effort and dissapears at times, sound familiar? Hello Vernon Gholston version 2.0! Welcome to a team who still cant draft. :sterb003: :banghead:

100% Agreed...

I hope I am wrong and this guy is a stud, I just don't see it. He'll most likely be a bust IMO
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 26 April 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

100% Agreed...

I hope I am wrong and this guy is a stud, I just don't see it. He'll most likely be a bust IMO

yea, i mean seriously, they were saying how he gets blocked and stays blocked a lot. we already have a bunch of guys that already do that! so stupid. He BETTER pan out, but he definately smells like a bust. what the hell is tanny thinking?
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

View PostEliteJets, on 26 April 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

just saying hello from march 23rd when i said coples could be our guy and we didnt even have to move up to get him.

Great, a dude who spends his time in the chatbox running his mouth shows up to bring up one time a month ago when he was right. Lets all bump threads we were right on (Clemens11, you can move on).

Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#19 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostEliteJets, on 26 April 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

wow what a douche^^^ ill run my mouth all day everyday anywhere... nice cheap shot... what a pussy

Pussy? What does that mean? I'm just glad you spend all your time chatting so there is one less know-nothing-know-it-all on the board pretending to be knowledgeable about sports when they don;t know shit.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#20 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

hahahahah this is why i blocked elite YEARS ago :hysterical:
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +