NYJetsFan.com Forums: Rex Insists Tebow Will Be More Then Just A Qb - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:28 PM) streets is real
santana Icon : (Today, 12:36 PM) hey 05.. yo 05... 05!!!!
santana Icon : (Today, 12:36 PM) UEFA TIME
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:35 PM) Jets to sign Kerley to a 4 year extension
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) he's a good slot WR, i'm assuming we got him cheap, can't complain
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) we need to lock up wilk. but if harvin pans out, were set at WR for the next 4 years as decker, kerly, and harvin are all under contract.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:44 PM) Ivory is good too, we need a speed back (CJ sin't cuting it) and some o-line and mainly a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:46 PM) Our offensive weapons aren't bad, need a qb and ol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:09 PM) they were bad when decker was hurt and it was nelson and kerly starting and salas in the slot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) That damn street thug Kerley
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:18 PM) Yeah because Nelson is terrible, Salas is no more than a #4 kind of wr
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) Can we focus more on this street thug who is stealing $16 million from the team!?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:05 PM) salas shouldn't be on an NFL roster. #4 WR is a bit generous
santana Icon : (Today, 06:00 PM) extending kerley is a great move. i could see another team poaching him off the roster real fast.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:17 PM) Salas isn't that bad, hes made some plays for us this season.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:17 PM) You know who shouldn't be on a NFL roster, Salim Hakim. IDK why hes still on the Jets, he was TERRIBLE at KR and has no value as a WR. Waste of a roster spot IMO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:18 PM) Percy Harvin will be our KR now, I would imagine. Hes electric at it
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:48 PM) yeah hakim is another one i don't understand. he is even attempting to play WR and got benched at KR
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Rex Insists Tebow Will Be More Then Just A Qb

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

PALM BEACH, Fla. – Mark Sanchez is not the only Jet who should be concerned about his starting job. Rex Ryan dropped this little piece of news Sunday: He plans to use Tim Tebow at other positions.

“I don’t see Tim just holding a clipboard. He’s going to be playing for us. There is no doubt,” Ryan said at the league meetings. “He will have a role. We know that. There won’t be a better Wildcat quarterback in the game. Is that his only role? I don’t believe that – we’ll see what happens.”

Tebow, who considers himself a quarterback, will surely be asked about Ryan’s comments when the Jets unveil their new superstar at an introductory news conference at noon Monday at their training site in Florham Park.

Tebow first arrived in Jersey on Thursday, but contract details needed to be reconciled before Tebow could officially become a Jet.

Saturday night he hit Broadway, attending the play “Wicked.” Monday, he will be on stage and the media turnout is expected to be so large that the Jets are holding it in their massive fieldhouse. When they traded up to draft

Sanchez in 2009, his news conference was in the small room where Ryan holds his briefings during the season.

Ryan won’t be there to greet Tebow. Ryan, owner
Woody Johnson and GM Mike Tannenbaum are all at the league meetings here this week. But Ryan certainly gave Tebow something to think about.

“We have a No. 1 quarterback. Mark is our No. 1 quarterback. Tim Tebow is our No. 2 quarterback, but he’s also going to do other things for this football team,” Ryan said. “He’s a football player. That’s what I keep wanting to put out there. Let’s not just look at him as a quarterback. I look at him as a football player.”

Ryan would not be specific where else he planned to use Tebow other than the initial blueprint the Jets are developing for him as the Wildcat quarterback. He did rule out pass rusher, where the Jets have the greatest need. “We’re not bringing him in to be a guard,” Ryan said.

But when asked if Tebow will be playing other positions, he said with a smile, “Well, I don’t know. This guy is a football player. I think we all recognize that
.”

Maybe Sanchez can take the snap and flip it to Tebow, who can either run or throw it. There are lots of possibilities.

Perhaps he can be used as the blocking back on punts with the ball snapped to him directly. The Jets could use a red zone receiver to replace
Plaxico Burress. Ryan said the idea of adding

Tebow started with Tannenbaum and everybody endorsed it 100%.

Ryan said it’s up to him and offensive coordinator
Tony Sparano to be “creative” in developing ways to get Tebow on the field. “He is a quarterback,” Ryan said. “There is no question he’s a quarterback. But his skills – I see a
football player. That gets me excited
.”

In an interview with Dan Patrick in December 2009, five months before the Broncos drafted him in the first round as a quarterback, Tebow said he would consider a position switch if he didn’t produce at quarterback. “I’ll work as hard as
possible to become a quarterback and be one at the next level,” he said. “I just want an opportunity and a chance and if I get that chance and it doesn’t work out and they don’t think I can do it – then move me to another position and I’ll play my heart out there and do my best to succeed at that position, but just give me a chance to play quarterback.”

Ryan said this is the best quarterback situation he’s had in his four seasons with the Jets. The depth chart going into training camp will be Sanchez, Tebow and
Greg McElroy. Tebow is extremely competitive, he took the Broncos to the playoffs last season and won a playoff game, so he’s not going to be satisfied as a backup quarterback.

#2 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

That translate o F--k Sanchez. We don't believe in you. Tebow is our guy. Period.

Rex said this morning that 20% of the plays will go to Tebow. Tanny also said in an interviw this morning that if Sanchez goes 3 three and out will have to think about bringing in Tebow. There's the problem homies. That's what will have to deal with this season. A platoon at QB never works in the NFL. This is not he SEC. Its the NFL. This front office needs to burn after 2012.

#3 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 26 March 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

That translate o F--k Sanchez. We don't believe in you. Tebow is our guy. Period.

Rex said this morning that 20% of the plays will go to Tebow. Tanny also said in an interviw this morning that if Sanchez goes 3 three and out will have to think about bringing in Tebow. There's the problem homies. That's what will have to deal with this season. A platoon at QB never works in the NFL. This is not he SEC. Its the NFL. This front office needs to burn after 2012.

“We have a No. 1 quarterback. Mark is our No. 1 quarterback. "

=

F--k Sanchez. We don't believe in you. Tebow is our guy. Period.

????

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 26 March 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

"We have a No. 1 quarterback. Mark is our No. 1 quarterback. "

=

translates to F--k Sanchez. We don't believe in you. Tebow is our guy. Period.

????

The word translation has lost all meaning
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#5 User is offline   mgjetman Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

If Sanchez has 3 three & outs he needs to sit the F--k down this is year four. Just couldn't do it last year because there was know one behind him worth a s--t.

#6 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

This makes me laugh....I dont want 3 and outs anymore, and I think with Shitty gone, we should be able to get some first downs...if Sanchez cant produce under a new system, with all the talk about it being a little easyier to understand, and hopefully throw downfield, then I will take anyone that wears thier heart on thier sleeve.

#7 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

and it begins,smh...the entire league is laughin at this front office right now smh...

#8 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

It doesn't matter who the #1 QB is when we still haven't fixed the oline. Sanchez or Tebow isn't the question. It's how do we keep our QB who ever he is off his back and off the IR?
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#9 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Sanchez is the key to everything. If he fails everyone is going down in a ball flames.

But we have Tebow? I'm not convinced he can consistently start and stay healthy over the long haul. He's going to get injured with the way he runs the football.

So if Mark fails and Tebow starts it's over for this team's coaching staff at some point. Sure Mike T will be given time to see if they can get anything going with Tebow if Mark fails but I wouldn't count on Tebow being a real perennial starter in this league. Not in that wildcat/read option and not with his running style. Right now it seems like they just might need each other. Tebow to pick up 3rd and shorts and redzone and Sanchez to move the ball in the air.

I don't know how this is going to play out but as always this team will go where Mark takes them.

#10 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 27 March 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Sanchez is the key to everything. If he fails everyone is going down in a ball flames.

But we have Tebow? I'm not convinced he can consistently start and stay healthy over the long haul. He's going to get injured with the way he runs the football.

So if Mark fails and Tebow starts it's over for this team's coaching staff at some point. Sure Mike T will be given time to see if they can get anything going with Tebow if Mark fails but I wouldn't count on Tebow being a real perennial starter in this league. Not in that wildcat/read option and not with his running style. Right now it seems like they just might need each other. Tebow to pick up 3rd and shorts and redzone and Sanchez to move the ball in the air.

I don't know how this is going to play out but as always this team will go where Mark takes them.

Why does Tebow HAVE to get hurt? he is bigger than Linebackers. Some people are blessed with health, some arent. Just because he lowers his should doesnt mean that its 100% certain that he eventually will have to get hurt. He is DELIVERING hits, not just taking them, that means he is lessinging the punishment of hits on him. You can get injured rolling your ankle while walking in the parking lot, let the guy play. He has done it his whole career, from hs to college to the pros, obviously he knows what hes doing by now. And if Mark doesnt do well, the this team will go where Tebow takes them. Mark will become irrelevant.

JSOTF and mgjetman, thank you for restoring my faith in people. I am glad to see some people have the sense to know that if Sanchez starts to falter its the right thing to take him out, not the end of the world. Tebow can win games and he plays Rex's style. If he has to go in, we can do things.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostClemens11, on 27 March 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Why does Tebow HAVE to get hurt? he is bigger than Linebackers. Some people are blessed with health, some arent. Just because he lowers his should doesnt mean that its 100% certain that he eventually will have to get hurt. He is DELIVERING hits, not just taking them, that means he is lessinging the punishment of hits on him. You can get injured rolling your ankle while walking in the parking lot, let the guy play. He has done it his whole career, from hs to college to the pros, obviously he knows what hes doing by now. And if Mark doesnt do well, the this team will go where Tebow takes them. Mark will become irrelevant.

JSOTF and mgjetman, thank you for restoring my faith in people. I am glad to see some people have the sense to know that if Sanchez starts to falter its the right thing to take him out, not the end of the world. Tebow can win games and he plays Rex's style. If he has to go in, we can do things.

I'd like to see tebow move to TE or something like that, with proper coaching i think he could learn how to block properly and we all know he can run. so yeah he'll be a blocking/catching TE and then when needed he can direct snap the ball, or take the flip from sanchez and throw it. If THAT was the situation then i don't see the problem.

obviously that probably won't be.

and sorry to call it out, but c'mon dude, that was a terrible use of english right there...it's lessening. Posted Image

#12 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

Rex said he didn't talk about the trade with Sanchez. That says a lot. Now that the deal is done he has to play the role of a supporter. Your own coach just threw him under the bus. Sanchez said yesterday that he was informed about it. Now we know better. Back up QB my ass.

The front office and the coaching staff all ran down to florida for the meeting and left it to Tebow. Nobody introduced him. Cowards scared to face media/music. That press conference didn't have to happen on Monday. Whats the rush hoe-asses. You got the prize and ran out of town.

#13 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 27 March 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

Rex said he didn't talk about the trade with Sanchez. That says a lot. Now that the deal is done he has to play the role of a supporter. Your own coach just threw him under the bus. Sanchez said yesterday that he was informed about it. Now we know better. Back up QB my ass.

The front office and the coaching staff all ran down to florida for the meeting and left it to Tebow. Nobody introduced him. Cowards scared to face media/music. That press conference didn't have to happen on Monday. Whats the rush hoe-asses. You got the prize and ran out of town.

They shouldn't even have had a press conference. They didn't have one for Stanton when he signed as the backup. They didn't have one for Brunell or Jay Fiedler when they signed as Jets backup QBs. Then not having Rex or Tanny or Woody Johnson there to introduce him was kind of odd. Then Tebow walking up to the podium just reminded me of the president walking into the East Room to do a press conference. Whoever set up that press conference did not only Tebow a disservice, they did the franchise a disservice. I'm not opposed to the Tebow trade (still think we gave up too much for what he's supposed to do), but the Jets have mismanaged this from day one.

We better have one freaking awesome draft this year. Because we have still done nothing to rattle and put pressure on Tom Brady and we've done nothing to keep any QB we have in the game upright.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#14 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostV DidDy 210, on 27 March 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

I'd like to see tebow move to TE or something like that, with proper coaching i think he could learn how to block properly and we all know he can run. so yeah he'll be a blocking/catching TE and then when needed he can direct snap the ball, or take the flip from sanchez and throw it. If THAT was the situation then i don't see the problem.

obviously that probably won't be.

and sorry to call it out, but c'mon dude, that was a terrible use of english right there...it's lessening. Posted Image

You can always call out my english, and i will always reply, y should i care? did i just spell "why" correctly? No, its the internet and i post quickly without proof reading. I know you're trying to do it in a nice way, and im not mad, just letting u know not to waste your time cus i coouldnt care any less.

As for the football part, Tebow is not a TE. who says he can even catch or run routes? when has he ever done that in his career? You want to change a qb's position? make mr mark sanchez man up and show off those one handed pass catching skills he seems to pride himself on.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:33 AM

View PostClemens11, on 28 March 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

You can always call out my english, and i will always reply, y should i care? did i just spell "why" correctly? No, its the internet and i post quickly without proof reading. I know you're trying to do it in a nice way, and im not mad, just letting u know not to waste your time cus i coouldnt care any less.

Well since English doesn't matter on a message board where most of it's members use the English language to communicate with each other. Screw English then.

Usted es un cabeza de carne con piel fina.

Or

كنت رئيس اللحم مع الجلد الرقيق

I used the Google translator for that since I only speak English.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#16 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:36 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 28 March 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Well since English doesn't matter on a message board where most of it's members use the English language to communicate with each other. Screw English then.

Or

Han forstår ikke, at fattige skrive får ham til at se virkelig dumt.

Because, you know, typing like an idiot doesn't leave any kind of impression. It's the interwebs after all.

Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:02 AM

View PostClemens11, on 28 March 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

Ha... proof reading...

#18 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 28 March 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Or

Das ist gut.(and that was without the aid of google)
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 28 March 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

Ha... proof reading...

exactly
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostClemens11, on 28 March 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Das ist gut.(and that was without the aid of google)

Good so write in German all the time then. You should because it's the internet and so doesn't matter because it's not like we use typed words to communicate. I think we would all like it if you wrote in German all the time.

Oh and to keep this thread on topic, I'm excited and God bless.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users