NYJetsFan.com Forums: Countdown To The 2012 Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Today's Jets news: Sign Chris Johnson - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38339 | Host Sidney Rice - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38341
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) He ain't wearing 28
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) Well considering they already retired #28 in honor of Curtis Martin, I don't see Johnson wearing #28.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:35 PM) Kind of defeats the purpose of retiring a number.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) But I know he better not wear LaMont Jordan's number. Or I'll be pissed.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) Snell
santana Icon : (Today, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Today, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Today, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Countdown To The 2012 Draft Looking Inside

#1 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

So, it appears Bart Scott will be back for another year of the media rodeo also sometimes know as the New York Jets football organization. Of course, Mr. T has told us before that he expects players back and in camp...always seemingly right before their nameplate gets ripped of their locker at the Jets Atlantic Health Training Center.

For now, let's assume Scott is dressed in a Hess gas station attendant uniform for 2012. It's also a pretty safe assumption this would be Scott's last year with the Jets, for reals this time. So, the question now is who succeeds Scott as Kronk to David Harris' Yzma (Emperor's New Groove reference, no big deal).

Posted Image

Inside backers in a 3-4 are generally easier to find in the mid rounds, particularly the Kronk style thumpers, as they can succeed in the NFL despite ideal speed or athleticism. Some examples are Desmond Bishop in Green Bay (6th round), Jameel McLain (UDFA), San Fran's NaVorro Bowman (3rd round), Houston's Darryl Sharpton (4th round), and Brandon Siler (7th round).

So, who are the Kronks in this year's draft?

Luke Kuechly is the most talked about ILB in this year's draft, but quite frankly he is more of Yzma, if he even belongs in the 3-4 at all....aaannddd a sure fire 1st rounder.

Dont'a Hightower is as Kronk as it gets, but he is probably a 2nd rounder, and a little too rich for the Jets blood at this point.

Realistically thinking 3rd round and on...

Posted Image Mychal Kendricks - Cal - 5'11" 240 - A little shorter than ideal, but Kendricks surprisingly killed it at the combine, pacing all linebackers in most events. Before the combine I thought you could get Kendricks in the 4th or 5th round, based on his solid play in the middle of Cal's 3-4 defense. But now, his stock is on the rise and it's possible he even sneaks into the end of the 2nd round (where I think it's too early to take him).

Posted Image Ronnell Lewis - Oklahoma - 6'2" 255 - This freight train has speed and strength to spare, but has had an up and down college career with spotty production. He actually lined up as a DE/OLB in college, but I think he might actually make a good 34 ILB. He wasn't an overly productive pass rusher, but he has the size and willingness to smack people around on the inside. It's hard to judge his stock, and could fall anywhere from the 2nd - 4th round range. Editor's Note: Please don't get too excited about the no-homo, football man crush, half naked while running photo.

Posted Image Chris Galippo - USC - 6'1" 240 - Old school Kronker who can't cover to save his life (or starting job). He reads and reacts well, can take on blockers, and generally knows his craft. Galippo is probably a late round or undrafted free agent, but he could find a home as a 34 ILB that can diagnose quickly and take on blocks.

Posted Image Vontaze Burfitct - ASU - 6'1" 250 - I'm pretty sure everyone knows his story. All I'll say is he's worth a late round pick to see if that powerful energy he has can be bottled up and thrown molotov cocktail style at the opposing offense.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

Good stuff. On the front page :trink39:

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

yeah if Bart is returning, which we won't know really until hes here this Summer going by the Jets history of saying a guy is staying then could release during the draft if they got a guy they like, like with Alan Faneca how they released him after drafting Vlad Ducasse, well anyways if hes returning that pushes ILB down the lists of needs. I would say OLB/DE first round most likely, round 2-3 RB and WR maybe?

If we are going to be a run heavy team, I am not confident in our current RBs. I really want Doug Martin.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

need to prioritize the depth chart

over load the pass rush with depth and stream line the offense
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users