NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Could Be Choked By Future Salary Caps - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:48 AM) rivers
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets Could Be Choked By Future Salary Caps

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Jets could be choked by future salary caps http://espn.go.com/b...ure-salary-caps

Notes, thoughts and observations on the Jets and the NFL:

1. Money sleeps. Potentially alarming news for the Jets: The management council informed teams last week at the league meetings that the salary cap probably will remain relatively flat over the next three years, according to ESPN's John Clayton. The current cap is $120.6 million and, despite soaring revenues, the projected increase is only $1 million by 2015. The Jets already have several huge contracts on their cap and the biggest one of them all is looming in 2013 -- CB Darrelle Revis, who has two years left on his deal. Revis is in line for the biggest contract in history for a defensive player. Prediction: Headaches, lots of headaches. This is why the Jets need to score big in the draft; it's the most cost-efficient way to build a team.

2. Money matters. While on the subject of the cap, the Jets had $7.6 million in space as of Friday, according to ProFootballTalk.com. QB Tim Tebow is counting $2.572 million on the cap, rather hefty for a backup. Approximately $5 million will go to the draft picks, leaving them some money for free agents. The Jets' plan is to wait until after the draft to sign a veteran receiver, with Braylon Edwards on their radar.

3. Te for two. Tebow's running ability could change the way the Jets approach two-point conversions. He had two rushing two-point conversions last season, tying Danny Woodhead and Danny Ware for most in the NFL, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Tebow was the QB for four two-point conversion attempts, the only failure on a pass play. Two of three successes came on option plays (Tebow kept one, handed off another) and the other was on a QB draw.

4. Timsanity. Based on stats, you'd have to say that teams started to figure out how to stop Tebow's running by the end of last season. In his first six starts, he averaged 5.9 yards per carry. In his last five starts, it dropped to 4.7.

5. Living on the edge. You may not agree with all of Mike Tannenbaum's personnel moves, but you have to admit, the man is a fearless GM. Think of all the bold moves he's made -- Brett Favre, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, Edwards and, of course, Tebow. Tannenbaum's managerial style contradicts his conservative persona.

6. If at first ... It's mind-boggling to think how many draft picks the Jets have used in recent years on quarterbacks. 2006: Drafted Kellen Clemens in the second round; 2008: Traded a third-round pick for Favre; 2009: Traded first- and second-round picks to move up for Mark Sanchez; 2011: Drafted Greg McElroy in the seventh round; 2012: Traded a fourth-round pick for Tebow. To recap, that's a 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 -- basically, the guts of an entire draft.

7. Heavy hitters. Rex Ryan believes recently-signed S LaRon Landry will make a major impact. "Wait until you see this dude on the field," he said. "As impressive as he looks, put the tape on and see if heís not knocking the tar out of people. I mean, you put this guy between Bart (Scott) and David Harris Ö oh, I canít wait to see these dudes on the field. Thereís gonna be some collisions out there."

8. Cajun Tuna? Sorry, but the idea of Bill Parcells coaching the Saints just has a bad feel. He's a brilliant coach, but the situation would have a substitute-teacher feel to it. I asked former Jets great Curtis Martin about a possible return by his mentor, and he said, "Whatever makes him happy; he's earned it. I really don't have an opinion one way or the other ... Unlike me, football has been the majority of Bill's life. He has a different connection to it than I do." If Parcells returns, he'd have to wait another five years to be eligible for the Hall of Fame. By the way, Parcells already has accepted Martin's invitation to present him at the Hall-of-Fame induction ceremony in August.

9. Poker face. Colts owner Jim Irsay said they haven't decided whether it will be Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III with the first pick in the draft. He said it's "up in the air." Don't believe him; it's Luck all the way. He's been fascinated by Luck for more than a year, before he ever thought he'd have a chance to pick him.

10. QB III. Don't be surprised if the first three picks are quarterbacks -- Luck, RG3 and Ryan Tannehill. The Vikings won't take him with the third pick, but some desperate team (the Dolphins come to mind) will give up the store to move up ahead of the Browns (fourth), who also could be in the QB market. It's amazing how teams will reach for a quarterback.

#2 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

local AZ news, Brock Osweiler asked to go to the green room on draft day. Dont be surprised if he doesnt creep into the 1st round for QBs.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostarizonaJETSfan, on 02 April 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

local AZ news, Brock Osweiler asked to go to the green room on draft day. Dont be surprised if he doesnt creep into the 1st round for QBs.

Mike Mayock has him rated as a 3rd-4th round guy though. Osweiler must be feeling pretty confident! If anyone drafts Tannehill in the top they are dumb, but taking Osweiler at the end of the first round may be even worse of an idea (plus with him you'd think a team would have to trade up from early in the second round into the back end of the first).

With the cap, if it is set to rise by just $1m by 2015, that will impact every team in the league. Tannenbaum's clever with salaries, so I trust he's aware of this and taken it into account.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users