NYJetsFan.com Forums: Hayden Smith Signs With Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets pick up option on Wilkerson
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 April 2014 - 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) 05 on point today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:31 PM) It's 0099's favorite day of the year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) it's National High-5 day :WTF:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) who the hell high 5's people anymore
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) just dap and leave it there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:43 PM) everyone high 5s
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:44 PM) bubba watson when he won the masters last weekend went through a gauntlet of high 5s
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:05 PM) GG03 is the high 5 master
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) People don't dap anymore either.
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Hayden Smith Signs With Jets Rugby player projects as TE

#21 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,128
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

View Postsantana, on 03 April 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

He looks like witten

But you are right you need a legit qb to make a TE a somebody


Keller might never have one.
0

#22 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 04 April 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

Keller might never have one.


Keller is a nobody. If we had Brady or Manning then he would be a nobody who had a great second or third year and then signed a disgusting contract with Washington and ended up on a milk carton.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#23 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,128
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 04 April 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

Keller is a nobody. If we had Brady or Manning then he would be a nobody who had a great second or third year and then signed a disgusting contract with Washington and ended up on a milk carton.


I disagree.

Give the guy a thrower. Put him with any of the top QB's in the league he'd be a beast. He's a miss match nightmare. People underrate him because he's not in an can utilize him correctly, and he doesn't have a QB that can get him the football enough.
0

#24 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 04 April 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

I disagree.

Give the guy a thrower. Put him with any of the top QB's in the league he'd be a beast. He's a miss match nightmare. People underrate him because he's not in an can utilize him correctly, and he doesn't have a QB that can get him the football enough.


I criticize him because he never gets open and people say he would be elite elsewhere. Well, if you have to be in the right situation, I don't consider you elite. Tony Gonzalez played in multiple offenses and now on multiple teams and looked good. That is a great TE. Much like what people say about Sanchez, if you have to have a perfect storm, you aren't that special.

When I watched the Jets I never saw Keller getting open. His catches he was mostly covered. If he couldn't get open sometimes, I don't see what is so special about him.


Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#25 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,730
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 04 April 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

I criticize him because he never gets open and people say he would be elite elsewhere. Well, if you have to be in the right situation, I don't consider you elite. Tony Gonzalez played in multiple offenses and now on multiple teams and looked good. That is a great TE. Much like what people say about Sanchez, if you have to have a perfect storm, you aren't that special.

When I watched the Jets I never saw Keller getting open. His catches he was mostly covered. If he couldn't get open sometimes, I don't see what is so special about him.


I agree for the most part. Keller is no where near the top 5 TEs in the league but by TE standards he is a solid catcher.
I believe the TE really depends on the play of the QB. Watching Favre utilize keller was very different to how we have seen keller being used the past three years.
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!
0

#26 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,247
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 05 April 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

I criticize him because he never gets open and people say he would be elite elsewhere. Well, if you have to be in the right situation, I don't consider you elite. Tony Gonzalez played in multiple offenses and now on multiple teams and looked good. That is a great TE. Much like what people say about Sanchez, if you have to have a perfect storm, you aren't that special.

When I watched the Jets I never saw Keller getting open. His catches he was mostly covered. If he couldn't get open sometimes, I don't see what is so special about him.


Keller's greatest weakness to me is the fact he's so inconsistent over the course of a game. He'll start off with two or three catches before going missing for the next two and a half quarters before reappearing as the fourth quarter winds down.

With Smith, it will be interesting to see how he translates. He should be good with the ball in his hands, but it's route running, reading defences and catching in traffic that will be most difficult for him. When you receive the ball in rugby, the entire defence is generally still in front of you because of the need to pass backwards.
0

#27 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,538
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

in 4 years he's never missed a game, never had under 500 yards, and had 850 yards last year and 65 catches. both of which were team high. how can you say he is a nobody?

anyway i'd rather us get someone who can play OLB and rush the passer then a TE
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#28 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

The TE position is evolving faster than defenses in many ways and the position is overall producing better stats than they used to. Two or three TEs used to be considered solid receivers, now at least half the teams have someone who could fit the bill. But what a good receiving TE is needs to be redefined

Fourteen of the top fifty receivers were TEs last year. In 01 there were four. In 02, four. In 03, four. 91? Four. 92...four.

In 01 seven TEs went over 500 yards. Last year there were twenty. Two years ago there were twenty-two.

The position can no longer be judged on being anything special because you broke 500 yards like TEs used to be. Keller is one of a number of TEs who produce good stats, but he isn't elite at his position. TEs still block and he isn't good at that. His receiving stats, while solid, are not exemplary.

The guy is below average in half the job and just slightly above average in the other half. That is what makes a mediocre player.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#29 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 6,979
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 05 April 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

The guy is below average in half the job and just slightly above average in the other half. That is what makes a mediocre player.


The winning quote, right here!
0

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,538
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 05 April 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

The TE position is evolving faster than defenses in many ways and the position is overall producing better stats than they used to. Two or three TEs used to be considered solid receivers, now at least half the teams have someone who could fit the bill. But what a good receiving TE is needs to be redefined

Fourteen of the top fifty receivers were TEs last year. In 01 there were four. In 02, four. In 03, four. 91? Four. 92...four.

In 01 seven TEs went over 500 yards. Last year there were twenty. Two years ago there were twenty-two.

The position can no longer be judged on being anything special because you broke 500 yards like TEs used to be. Keller is one of a number of TEs who produce good stats, but he isn't elite at his position. TEs still block and he isn't good at that. His receiving stats, while solid, are not exemplary.

The guy is below average in half the job and just slightly above average in the other half. That is what makes a mediocre player.


who do you consider elite? what ETs can you say are hands down overall better? graham might be the best recieving one but he cna't block for shit. Gronk is probably the best overall TE in the NFL right there with whitten. both are great blockers and elite WRs so those 3 i'll say are better then keller and are elite. outside of them who is better then keller?
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#31 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 05 April 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

who do you consider elite? what ETs can you say are hands down overall better? graham might be the best recieving one but he cna't block for shit. Gronk is probably the best overall TE in the NFL right there with whitten. both are great blockers and elite WRs so those 3 i'll say are better then keller and are elite. outside of them who is better then keller?


As a receiver, he is probably top ten. As a blocker he is not even close to any number of TEs. Even as a receiver he has to compete with Gronkowski, Graham, Finley, Witten, Gates...and a few others. Some of those guys are clearly better blockers than him. If he isn't even an average blocking TE, how am I supposed to consider him better overall than a true explosive receiving TE like Vernon Davis or Jermichael Finley?

Maybe Keller is top twenty as a TE, but he isn't top three or five by any stretch of the imagination. He could go somewhere with a great line where he never had to block but rarely and they threw the ball a lot and succeed and look great, but anywhere he has to block he is going to be obviously not special.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#32 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 6,979
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

He's an H-Back, not a TE.
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users