NYJetsFan.com Forums: Hayden Smith Signs With Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:15 AM) i hate izdik
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 12:32 PM) Our starting CB Walls working in rehab area
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 02:52 PM) any CBs that are decent on the trade block or facing salary cuts?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:00 PM) I wouldnt cut Hill watch him go to NE and turn into Randy Moss
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) I'm just glad there aren't anymore greedy bastards on the team to deal with
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Or street thugs
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) f*** a CB problem
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:49 PM) need 1 more in the fantasy league
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:04 PM) Hill is useless bro lol
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:05 PM) All I can say I streamed this game and if anyone thinks about recording it from NFL Network at 4pm Eastern Saturday.....DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:07 PM) This game was pure sh1t. Even though it was back up players the Jets got totally destroyed in this game. After seeing this game Im really worried about the Jets starting core because these backup guys looked like they shouldn't have even been on the field at all. I just hope the starters are 3000 times better than these guys that played in game 4
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) The Jets got horse f*cked by the Eagles in this game.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:24 PM) we are hosed in the secondary
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:26 PM) we need to cut this assclown patterson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Hayden Smith Signs With Jets Rugby player projects as TE

#21 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

View Postsantana, on 03 April 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

He looks like witten

But you are right you need a legit qb to make a TE a somebody

Keller might never have one.

#22 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 04 April 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

Keller might never have one.

Keller is a nobody. If we had Brady or Manning then he would be a nobody who had a great second or third year and then signed a disgusting contract with Washington and ended up on a milk carton.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#23 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 04 April 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

Keller is a nobody. If we had Brady or Manning then he would be a nobody who had a great second or third year and then signed a disgusting contract with Washington and ended up on a milk carton.

I disagree.

Give the guy a thrower. Put him with any of the top QB's in the league he'd be a beast. He's a miss match nightmare. People underrate him because he's not in an can utilize him correctly, and he doesn't have a QB that can get him the football enough.

#24 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 04 April 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

I disagree.

Give the guy a thrower. Put him with any of the top QB's in the league he'd be a beast. He's a miss match nightmare. People underrate him because he's not in an can utilize him correctly, and he doesn't have a QB that can get him the football enough.

I criticize him because he never gets open and people say he would be elite elsewhere. Well, if you have to be in the right situation, I don't consider you elite. Tony Gonzalez played in multiple offenses and now on multiple teams and looked good. That is a great TE. Much like what people say about Sanchez, if you have to have a perfect storm, you aren't that special.

When I watched the Jets I never saw Keller getting open. His catches he was mostly covered. If he couldn't get open sometimes, I don't see what is so special about him.

Posted Image

#25 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 04 April 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

I criticize him because he never gets open and people say he would be elite elsewhere. Well, if you have to be in the right situation, I don't consider you elite. Tony Gonzalez played in multiple offenses and now on multiple teams and looked good. That is a great TE. Much like what people say about Sanchez, if you have to have a perfect storm, you aren't that special.

When I watched the Jets I never saw Keller getting open. His catches he was mostly covered. If he couldn't get open sometimes, I don't see what is so special about him.

I agree for the most part. Keller is no where near the top 5 TEs in the league but by TE standards he is a solid catcher.
I believe the TE really depends on the play of the QB. Watching Favre utilize keller was very different to how we have seen keller being used the past three years.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#26 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 05 April 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

Keller's greatest weakness to me is the fact he's so inconsistent over the course of a game. He'll start off with two or three catches before going missing for the next two and a half quarters before reappearing as the fourth quarter winds down.

With Smith, it will be interesting to see how he translates. He should be good with the ball in his hands, but it's route running, reading defences and catching in traffic that will be most difficult for him. When you receive the ball in rugby, the entire defence is generally still in front of you because of the need to pass backwards.

#27 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

in 4 years he's never missed a game, never had under 500 yards, and had 850 yards last year and 65 catches. both of which were team high. how can you say he is a nobody?

anyway i'd rather us get someone who can play OLB and rush the passer then a TE
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

The TE position is evolving faster than defenses in many ways and the position is overall producing better stats than they used to. Two or three TEs used to be considered solid receivers, now at least half the teams have someone who could fit the bill. But what a good receiving TE is needs to be redefined

Fourteen of the top fifty receivers were TEs last year. In 01 there were four. In 02, four. In 03, four. 91? Four. 92...four.

In 01 seven TEs went over 500 yards. Last year there were twenty. Two years ago there were twenty-two.

The position can no longer be judged on being anything special because you broke 500 yards like TEs used to be. Keller is one of a number of TEs who produce good stats, but he isn't elite at his position. TEs still block and he isn't good at that. His receiving stats, while solid, are not exemplary.

The guy is below average in half the job and just slightly above average in the other half. That is what makes a mediocre player.
Posted Image

#29 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 05 April 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

The guy is below average in half the job and just slightly above average in the other half. That is what makes a mediocre player.

The winning quote, right here!

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 05 April 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

The TE position is evolving faster than defenses in many ways and the position is overall producing better stats than they used to. Two or three TEs used to be considered solid receivers, now at least half the teams have someone who could fit the bill. But what a good receiving TE is needs to be redefined

Fourteen of the top fifty receivers were TEs last year. In 01 there were four. In 02, four. In 03, four. 91? Four. 92...four.

In 01 seven TEs went over 500 yards. Last year there were twenty. Two years ago there were twenty-two.

The position can no longer be judged on being anything special because you broke 500 yards like TEs used to be. Keller is one of a number of TEs who produce good stats, but he isn't elite at his position. TEs still block and he isn't good at that. His receiving stats, while solid, are not exemplary.

who do you consider elite? what ETs can you say are hands down overall better? graham might be the best recieving one but he cna't block for shit. Gronk is probably the best overall TE in the NFL right there with whitten. both are great blockers and elite WRs so those 3 i'll say are better then keller and are elite. outside of them who is better then keller?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 05 April 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

who do you consider elite? what ETs can you say are hands down overall better? graham might be the best recieving one but he cna't block for shit. Gronk is probably the best overall TE in the NFL right there with whitten. both are great blockers and elite WRs so those 3 i'll say are better then keller and are elite. outside of them who is better then keller?

As a receiver, he is probably top ten. As a blocker he is not even close to any number of TEs. Even as a receiver he has to compete with Gronkowski, Graham, Finley, Witten, Gates...and a few others. Some of those guys are clearly better blockers than him. If he isn't even an average blocking TE, how am I supposed to consider him better overall than a true explosive receiving TE like Vernon Davis or Jermichael Finley?

Maybe Keller is top twenty as a TE, but he isn't top three or five by any stretch of the imagination. He could go somewhere with a great line where he never had to block but rarely and they threw the ball a lot and succeed and look great, but anywhere he has to block he is going to be obviously not special.
Posted Image

#32 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

He's an H-Back, not a TE.

• (2 Pages)
  • +