NYJetsFan.com Forums: Before Final Game, Gregg Williams Urged Saints To Injure 49Ers - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

www.firejohnidzik.com
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) START BRAD SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) MIZZOU
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:25 AM) SMITH-SIAH
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 10:16 AM) Start him at cornerback! -gmany
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:06 PM) feels good to be right
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) The next GM we hire, I'm going to say I dislike him and that he should be fired once hes hired so that when hes eventually fired I am right. Because no one will succeed with the Jets, the probability of predicting failure with this team is as likely as the sun rising the next day.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:57 PM) yeah but izdik always rubbed me the wrong way, i never said ti about any other GM so quick. i could tell the guy was inept. call it intuition, a lucky guess etc etc either way i called this shit and i was right quickly. not 10 years down the road
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:51 PM) lol
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Before Final Game, Gregg Williams Urged Saints To Injure 49Ers

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

Before final game, Gregg Williams urged Saints to injure 49ers

Before his final game as defensive coordinator of the New Orleans Saints, Gregg Williams stepped before his players and urged them to physically hurt players on the 49ers.

Audio of Williams’ speech to the Saints’ defense was captured by filmmaker Sean Pamphilon, who is working on a documentary about former Saints player Steve Gleason, who is suffering from ALS. Pamphilon has put part of the audio of the profanity-filled speech on YouTube.

Pamphilon also passed on the audio to Michael Silver of Yahoo Sports because, he said, he was extremely uncomfortable with what Williams said about trying to hurt 49ers quarterback Alex Smith and other players. Williams, who masterminded the Saints’ bounty program, hinted that he would financially reward a Saints player who hurts a 49ers player.

“At one point Williams says, ‘We hit [expletive] Smith right there’ – then he points under his chin [and continues] – ‘remember me.’ Then he rubs his thumb against his index and middle fingers – the cash sign – and says, ‘I got the first one. I got the first one. Go get it. Go lay that [expletive] out,’” Pamphilon told Silver.

Williams has long loved the phrase, “Kill the head and the body will die,” and he used that phrase in talking to his players. He also specifically told them to go for the head of 49ers running back Frank Gore.

“We’ve got to do everything in the world to make sure we kill Frank Gore’s head,” Williams told his players. “We want him running sideways. We want his head sideways.”

Williams also talked about trying to inflict a knee injury on 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree and referenced 49ers receiver Kyle Williams, who has had multiple concussions.

“We need to find out in the first two series of the game, the little wide receiver, No. 10, about his concussion,” Gregg Williams told his players about Kyle Williams. “We need to [expletive] put a lick on him, move him to decide. He needs to decide.”

Gregg Williams has already been indefinitely suspended by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. This audio may make it difficult for Williams ever to get reinstated. This is the smoking gun that makes crystal clear that Williams wanted his players not just to play tough, physical defense, but to injure their opponents.

http://profootballta...o-injure-49ers/

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

He said pretty much what every coach says.

#3 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 05 April 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

He said pretty much what every coach says.

Exactly. Mike and Mike were wringing their hands and crying about it today (especially Greenberg) and then made the point that in the game the 49ers laid the first hit that really changed the tone of the game. Right after that Golic said it was a "beautiful hit" in a tone that expressed nothing but admiration for laying someone out.

I guess I am suppsed to buy this BS where everything you say is that players should be protected, but still feel satisfaction when a guy is on the turf for five minutes.

"Guys, be careful. Frank Gore has a bad ankle, nobody touch it, okay?"
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Football is a violent sport. If hits bother you, go watch soccer.

#5 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 06 April 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

Football is a violent sport. If hits bother you, go watch soccer.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yeaON2fLeno

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=v5e7FqHLbsU

Never will I be able to understand the thought that there is no physicality in soccer. Have you guy's ever watched an EPL game where people are getting the shit beat out of them? Its a very agressive sport.

What I also don't understand is the same people who embrace sports like baseball and basketball make ridiculous claims that soccer has no physicality. I could give a f*** if you like the sport or not, but you're an ignoramus if you try to say it's not rough or to single it out as the only sport that isn't violent.

Also, violence and rough play doesn't make a sport interesting. Hockey is a violent sport, yet it's the dumbest piece of shit sport I've ever had the misfortune of watching.
Posted Image

#6 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

f***ing De Jong

#7 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 07 April 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

f***ing De Jong

If had a distaste for him ever since he broke Stuart Holden's leg and only got a yellow card. Someone needs to send an elbow his way.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 07 April 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

That's it? That's all you got? That only looks bad because soccer is such a pussy sport that any incident looks like a Mike Tyson knockout.

#9 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 07 April 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

That's it? That's all you got? That only looks bad because soccer is such a pussy sport that any incident looks like a Mike Tyson knockout.

An baseball and basketball is for manly men right? Baseball is a sport where there's a bunch of unwritten rules to avoid hurting people's feelings? Or how bout basketball where any slight, incidental contact results in foul shots?

I get that soccer isn't as dangerous or as roughas football, but I just don't see why people take such baseless shots against soccer, especially when the same kind of stuff can be said about the two sports I just mentioned.

In soccer you have shoulder to shoulder challenges, slide tackles, agressive jostling for the ball. There's plenty of contact agressive contact in soccer that the average football-purist-idiot just ignores to call soccer a pussy sport because soccer players don't wear skin tight pants and have to strap on 20 pounds of padded protection. (and mind you, I played football...not soccer)

Hitting is just not part of the game, don't know why violence has to be a part of a game to legitimize it. Frankly, fighting is only allowed in hockey because it was a way to gain interest in the game. Just goes to show how dumb, stupid and boring hockey is.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

So who here watches rugby?
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#11 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 08 April 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

An baseball and basketball is for manly men right? Baseball is a sport where there's a bunch of unwritten rules to avoid hurting people's feelings? Or how bout basketball where any slight, incidental contact results in foul shots?

I get that soccer isn't as dangerous or as roughas football, but I just don't see why people take such baseless shots against soccer, especially when the same kind of stuff can be said about the two sports I just mentioned.

In soccer you have shoulder to shoulder challenges, slide tackles, agressive jostling for the ball. There's plenty of contact agressive contact in soccer that the average football-purist-idiot just ignores to call soccer a pussy sport because soccer players don't wear skin tight pants and have to strap on 20 pounds of padded protection. (and mind you, I played football...not soccer)

Hitting is just not part of the game, don't know why violence has to be a part of a game to legitimize it. Frankly, fighting is only allowed in hockey because it was a way to gain interest in the game. Just goes to show how dumb, stupid and boring hockey is.

Soccer is not a physical sport, Games like football, rugby, basketball are more physical. I agree baseball isn't a physical sport and the players are usually far from athletes but soccor is not physical. oh and its boring
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

Soccer is not a physical sport, Games like football, rugby, basketball are more physical. I agree baseball isn't a physical sport and the players are usually far from athletes but soccor is not physical. oh and its boring

You lost all credibility (as if you've had any to begin with) when you said basketball. Sorry, you can't touch anyone in basketball with out being called for a foul. You're an idiot as usual.
Posted Image

#13 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 09 April 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

You lost all credibility (as if you've had any to begin with) when you said basketball. Sorry, you can't touch anyone in basketball with out being called for a foul. You're an idiot as usual.

Really, so nobody posts up? nobody drives the lane getting bounced inside? and sure they get fouls for being physical sometimes but do you know how many fouls are called a agme? probably about at least 30. there is contact going on alot. In soccor there isn't. sorry you love such a pansy and boring sport but accept it for what it is. I like playing golf but i'm not gonna say its a contact sport lol.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#14 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 09 April 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

that not getting physical huh?

Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

See I always find it interesting how the second somebody attacks soccer, some fans like OhFive get all defensive and say "well what about basketball and baseball?" What about them? Basketball not being "physical" has nothing to do with soccer not being "physical." What it comes down to is I think you guys are getting too hung up on the word physical, that's the problem here. In my opinion soccer is a physical sport. All sports are physical to different degrees. Soccer players IMO are probably the most physically fit athletes on earth. It takes a lot of stamina and endurance to play soccer well. But American football is a more rough sport than soccer is. Football is more taxing on the body in the long run than soccer is. The whole point of defense in football is to grab the opposing player with the ball and throw him down to the ground (tackling). The point of defense in soccer is to take the ball away from the opposing player with the ball and go in the other direction. Now in soccer players may get shoved, pushed, or tripped to have the ball taken from them. But the object of the game on defense is not to tackle him to the ground with all your force, unlike in football. To me soccer is more like a marathon while football is more like a sprint.

Now the problem with soccer is that it is not a sport made for TV, especially in a country (like the U.S.) where it's citizen expect instant (or at least quick) gratification. So sitting on a couch for 3 hours to watch a game that ends with a score of 1-0, isn't most Americans idea of a good time. I've tried to watch soccer many times, I can not do it. Almost every year around this time of year I tell myself I'm going to try and get into baseball so I'll have something to follow through the summer. It never happens. Baseball is boring too. I'm sorry if this hurts the feelings of you guys who are soccer fans, but soccer is boring to watch. I've played it and I've always enjoyed playing it. It's probably much better watching it in the stadium just by being in that atmosphere. But watching it on TV is boring, sorry. Hockey is the same way. Americans like offense. Could you imagine watching a football game without the forward pass and the play clock? Imagine the NBA without the 24 second shot clock, that would be unbearable. No way could I have watched a NBA game in the 1940s and 50s. I mean I think in college basketball they should cut the time on the shot clock from 35 seconds down to 30 seconds and cut the games into four 10 minute quarters.

If there was more scoring in soccer I think it would be more popular in the U.S. I know it is the most popular sport on earth. But Americans today are not big on doing a lot of work for a little payoff, which is basically what soccer is. We like timeouts and we like halftime breaks.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#16 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

I like Soccer. I can watch it sometimes. If it had a better sense of programming I would watch it. I don't have cable and Soccer is on PBS at some weird times, but it is hard to plan to watch it at 8 am on Sunday or whatever. Combine that with no real team for me to follow and I can't get around to watching it.

Soccer is infinitely more interesting than Baseball and NBA basketball. Baseball is nothing but cheaters cheating and then media trying to determine how a guy who took steroids compares to one who doesn't (answer, the cheater is less good).

NBA is predetermined large market teams being funneled talent and the media pretending like having 85% of the teams being totally irrelevant is acceptable.

Baseball is the least interesting sport in the world though. There is no way to fix it without totally redoing everything about the sport. Rugby, horse racing, track, archery, lacross, professional Magic: the Gathering tournaments and senior citizen shuffleboard are all more entertaining than watching your team farm talent to the yankees.

However, ohfive, if it doesn't matter that Soccer isn't physical, why is it that your argument is other sports aren't?
Posted Image

#17 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 09 April 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

See I always find it interesting how the second somebody attacks soccer, some fans like OhFive get all defensive and say "well what about basketball and baseball?" What about them? Basketball not being "physical" has nothing to do with soccer not being "physical." What it comes down to is I think you guys are getting too hung up on the word physical, that's the problem here. In my opinion soccer is a physical sport. All sports are physical to different degrees. Soccer players IMO are probably the most physically fit athletes on earth. It takes a lot of stamina and endurance to play soccer well. But American football is a more rough sport than soccer is. Football is more taxing on the body in the long run than soccer is. The whole point of defense in football is to grab the opposing player with the ball and throw him down to the ground (tackling). The point of defense in soccer is to take the ball away from the opposing player with the ball and go in the other direction. Now in soccer players may get shoved, pushed, or tripped to have the ball taken from them. But the object of the game on defense is not to tackle him to the ground with all your force, unlike in football. To me soccer is more like a marathon while football is more like a sprint.

Now the problem with soccer is that it is not a sport made for TV, especially in a country (like the U.S.) where it's citizen expect instant (or at least quick) gratification. So sitting on a couch for 3 hours to watch a game that ends with a score of 1-0, isn't most Americans idea of a good time. I've tried to watch soccer many times, I can not do it. Almost every year around this time of year I tell myself I'm going to try and get into baseball so I'll have something to follow through the summer. It never happens. Baseball is boring too. I'm sorry if this hurts the feelings of you guys who are soccer fans, but soccer is boring to watch. I've played it and I've always enjoyed playing it. It's probably much better watching it in the stadium just by being in that atmosphere. But watching it on TV is boring, sorry. Hockey is the same way. Americans like offense. Could you imagine watching a football game without the forward pass and the play clock? Imagine the NBA without the 24 second shot clock, that would be unbearable. No way could I have watched a NBA game in the 1940s and 50s. I mean I think in college basketball they should cut the time on the shot clock from 35 seconds down to 30 seconds and cut the games into four 10 minute quarters.

If there was more scoring in soccer I think it would be more popular in the U.S. I know it is the most popular sport on earth. But Americans today are not big on doing a lot of work for a little payoff, which is basically what soccer is. We like timeouts and we like halftime breaks.

Mind you I never said they aren't athletes. they are extremely fit to run that much for so long. Tennis is the same way. Tennis players are extremely athletic but their sport is boring (to me at least) and not physical but i'm not gonna take anything away from them for that. Just saying the sport sucks. I don't like rugby but i know its a physical as hell sport. Soccer is not popular to most people in the US because we have better options. I really don't watch any sports anymore except the NFL. I rarely watch a knicks or yankees game. Just becuase nothing is as good as football and I don't have time to follow it. I will give soccer fans props, they have some of the most passionate fans out there, too bad they all turn to immature assholes when you say you don't like their sport

View PostA1elbow, on 09 April 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

I like Soccer. I can watch it sometimes. If it had a better sense of programming I would watch it. I don't have cable and Soccer is on PBS at some weird times, but it is hard to plan to watch it at 8 am on Sunday or whatever. Combine that with no real team for me to follow and I can't get around to watching it.

Soccer is infinitely more interesting than Baseball and NBA basketball. Baseball is nothing but cheaters cheating and then media trying to determine how a guy who took steroids compares to one who doesn't (answer, the cheater is less good).

NBA is predetermined large market teams being funneled talent and the media pretending like having 85% of the teams being totally irrelevant is acceptable.

Baseball is the least interesting sport in the world though. There is no way to fix it without totally redoing everything about the sport. Rugby, horse racing, track, archery, lacross, professional Magic: the Gathering tournaments and senior citizen shuffleboard are all more entertaining than watching your team farm talent to the yankees.

However, ohfive, if it doesn't matter that Soccer isn't physical, why is it that your argument is other sports aren't?

baseball could be fixed with a real salary cap like the NFL. same with the NBA, i know its not that simple but its possible. Baseball is a boring game but I don't mind it here and there. at least there is some excitment sometimes. soccer to me is like watching a balnk screen. you wait for hours for somehting to happen and it doesn't. its no diferent then playing freeze tag
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

baseball could be fixed with a real salary cap like the NFL. same with the NBA, i know its not that simple but its possible. Baseball is a boring game but I don't mind it here and there. at least there is some excitment sometimes. soccer to me is like watching a balnk screen. you wait for hours for somehting to happen and it doesn't. its no diferent then playing freeze tag

Stuff happens in soccer, it's just repetitive. Nothing happens in baseball. Two guys stand still for minutes staring at each other before the three seconds of action. About 60% of the time they then do that again. The other 40% of the time the ball pops up and the next guy goes up to stand in spot.

The game is so boring three-quarters of the way through they have an intermission so fans can do something other than sit on a shitty steel beam.

MLB would be better with a real cap. The sport would be better with a complete change in every rule.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 09 April 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

So who here watches rugby?

Sparingly - the greatest difference between rugby and football, at least to me, is the collisions are far more controlled but you can still get some pretty violent hits. Harlem used to play rugby at college I think so he's the go-to guy for that sport (I'll admit I had to 'play' it at school during PE lessons, but being a skinny little runt the object for me was to avoid the ball!)

#20 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Baseball is fun in the same way that champagne is fun. Sometimes you go out, and you don't want to drink liquor... so you order champagne. It's light and airy and there 6 months a year. Soccer is like prune juice.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users