NYJetsFan.com Forums: Countdown To The 2012 Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Bring something to the table!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 07:30 PM) But Bryan Bulaga is also a FA< so they have 2 important guys to re-sign. I think the OT is more important for Rodgers
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 09:17 PM) 22 days 21 hours 27 min till FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 10:06 PM) If we get rid of Harvin, Kevin White looks like a nice replacement.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 10:06 PM) 6'3 runs a 4.35 and had elite production in college
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 February 2015 - 03:38 PM) NOT SO BREAKING NEWS: WINTER SUCKS
santana Icon : (26 February 2015 - 03:41 PM) Lol Liverpool
santana Icon : (26 February 2015 - 03:42 PM) epl teams sucking ass this year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 February 2015 - 04:41 PM) The Jills are negotiating with Josh "Tears of" McCown
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 February 2015 - 07:24 PM) Now the Browns are trying to woo Josh "Tears of" McCown
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 February 2015 - 01:59 PM) please please let the browns get him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 February 2015 - 06:40 PM) The Browns have signed Josh "Tears of" McCown
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 February 2015 - 06:43 PM) YES!!
santana Icon : (28 February 2015 - 12:18 PM) ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini speculates free agent Michael Vick may draw some interest from the Ravens.
santana Icon : (28 February 2015 - 12:19 PM) vick stay here pls
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 05:18 PM) Sucks Anthony Mason died
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 05:19 PM) but Josh "Tears of" McCown is now a perennial loser going from Tampa Bay to Cleveland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 05:19 PM) going from one cesspool to another
santana Icon : (28 February 2015 - 09:46 PM) You realize the jets are in cesspool mode as well right?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) no we aren't
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) we are in good shape compared to those 2 other franchises
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) so I'm not even putting MY JETS in the same category as those lowly Tampa Bay Bucs and Cleveland Browns
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (01 March 2015 - 02:53 AM) The Jets are a total cesspool
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 March 2015 - 02:09 PM) FIRE TEH JETS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (01 March 2015 - 08:27 PM) ALL TEH CAP SPACE
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (01 March 2015 - 08:59 PM) NFL Expanding rosters from 53 to 55
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 AM) yay more room for quarter backs
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:31 AM) McCourty wont be tagged neither will Cobb or Maclin
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 AM) should get suh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 AM) just destroy olines
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:40 PM) Nah hell want more than vet minimum. Can't have that.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:24 PM) Jets have $51 miles in cap space right now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:24 PM) Mil *
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) So is Harvin going to be on the JETS roster in 2015 or we cutting him? What's the SCOOP
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) my guess is if he does not restructure they will wait until they see what they can get in FA before making that decision.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) We have until the 19th.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) I cant wait until FA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:18 PM) The Jets actually have $55 mil in cap space right now, $65 once they release Harvin
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:33 PM) well Maccagnan better spend that $55 mil but spend it wisely as hell
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:34 PM) I think he won't just throw money at players just cause of the name on the back of their jersey
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:34 PM) TRUST MACCAGNAN!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:37 PM) this just in geno smith signs extension for 39 mil
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:28 PM) :hysterical: yeah and Rex Ryan is not a bozo
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 01:10 PM) Ryan is not a Bozo he is a cartoon character.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 01:15 PM) anyone know anything about CB Kareem Jackson?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 01:15 PM) FA from Houston. Obvious Mac connection.
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Countdown To The 2012 Draft Wide Receiver Liquidation Sale!!!

#21 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,715
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 08 April 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Unfortunately the Jets are paying Santonio Holmes to be that stud...whether he is or not. Plus, Stephen Hill is hardly a guaranteed stud prospect. The Jets have too many holes for a luxury pick like that...at least in my opinion.


I see holes at OLB, WR, RT with minor needs at ILB and OG, Safety

thats not too much to fill up. we need to take a WR somewhere in the draft.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#22 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,272
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

I have a feeling the Jets take a WR with one of their first 2 picks.


I think we're more likely to take one in the second round, though if Floyd falls to #16 then I can see the Jets selecting him.

There's surely no way we don't come away from this draft without another wideout. Kerley showed last year that he's a threat from the slot and extremely reliable on third down, so we have that role more or less covered. Hopefully he'll take the Davone Bess role in Sparano's offense.
With Burress out of the frame, we therefore need a dependable weapon to go opposite Holmes. Preferably they'll have deep threat ability, but we need them to be an assured receiver on short and intermediate routes and capable of getting yards after the catch too. Burress was a great red zone threat last season, but was all but non existent from beyond the opponent's 20 yard line. So the front office should say no to a speed freak with no route running ability and yes to an all-round WR.
0

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,086
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 09 April 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

I think we're more likely to take one in the second round, though if Floyd falls to #16 then I can see the Jets selecting him.

There's surely no way we don't come away from this draft without another wideout. Kerley showed last year that he's a threat from the slot and extremely reliable on third down, so we have that role more or less covered. Hopefully he'll take the Davone Bess role in Sparano's offense.
With Burress out of the frame, we therefore need a dependable weapon to go opposite Holmes. Preferably they'll have deep threat ability, but we need them to be an assured receiver on short and intermediate routes and capable of getting yards after the catch too. Burress was a great red zone threat last season, but was all but non existent from beyond the opponent's 20 yard line. So the front office should say no to a speed freak with no route running ability and yes to an all-round WR.



I agree, I can see them targeting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.
Posted Image
0

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,715
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

I agree, I can see them targeting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.


If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#25 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,086
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw

Moving up for Upshaw? No chance, hes guaranteed to be there at 16 and I heard that the Jets aren't going to take Upshaw. I prefer Jeffery over Hill, he had great numbers back in 2010 with a bad QB in the SEC. There is risk with him, but has more college film than Hill so I see someone who is more likely to come in a be our #2 WR than Hill.
Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,715
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Moving up for Upshaw? No chance, hes guaranteed to be there at 16 and I heard that the Jets aren't going to take Upshaw. I prefer Jeffery over Hill, he had great numbers back in 2010 with a bad QB in the SEC. There is risk with him, but has more college film than Hill so I see someone who is more likely to come in a be our #2 WR than Hill.


i remember reading we might move up for him, maybe it was for ingram then?

and as for WR we need a gamebreaker
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#27 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,048
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

The shouts for Upshaw are disturbing.
0

#28 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,086
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

i remember reading we might move up for him, maybe it was for ingram then?

and as for WR we need a gamebreaker


Yes for Ingram, the Jets are very interested in him and could trade up for him if he falls past 10.
Posted Image
0

#29 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,272
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw


Can't see Baltimore taking a receiver, let alone one like Stephen Hill when they already have a good, young deep threat in Torrey Smith.
0

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,715
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 09 April 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Can't see Baltimore taking a receiver, let alone one like Stephen Hill when they already have a good, young deep threat in Torrey Smith.


B-more has already shown interest in hill. rumors are they will take him with their first
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#31 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 April 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

B-more has already shown interest in hill. rumors are they will take him with their first


You're not supposed to believe anything you hear at draft time.
Posted Image
0

#32 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,715
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 10 April 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

You're not supposed to believe anything you hear at draft time.


so the colts aren't taking luck and the skins didn't trade up for RG3?
sometimes its true sometimes it isn't
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users