NYJetsFan.com Forums: Countdown To The 2012 Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

FANTASY FOOTBALL SIGN UP: http://nyjetsfan.com...ndpost&p=357345
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2016 - 09:40 PM) Geno 6/13 1Int
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2016 - 09:46 PM) BOOOO we lose
santana Icon : (20 August 2016 - 09:29 AM) I was at the game and I thought fitz looked like crapola
vjdbbq Icon : (21 August 2016 - 01:01 PM) You were looking at GENO !!!!!!!!!!!
santana Icon : (21 August 2016 - 02:24 PM) you have a crush on geno don't you
santana Icon : (21 August 2016 - 02:24 PM) it's ok
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2016 - 07:10 PM) WTF is taking so long to cut geno and milliner
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2016 - 07:10 PM) they both are bums and need to go away
Chaos Icon : (22 August 2016 - 08:29 AM) it makes zero sense to cut them.
Chaos Icon : (22 August 2016 - 08:30 AM) this isn't fantasy. cutting players has an impact on the cap.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (22 August 2016 - 10:20 AM) becuase we need them
Chaos Icon : (23 August 2016 - 11:25 AM) DRAFT UPDATE:

Date: Tuesday August 30, 2016
Time: 8:00 pm
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 August 2016 - 02:20 PM) cap stuff http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38899
ROBJETS Icon : (24 August 2016 - 11:20 AM) All the Sanchez fans saying he finally has good receivers so he will play well will probably finally have your eyes opened. Looking like he will likely be cut from the Broncos by the end of preseason. He already lost his starting job to the backup and the rookie qb is playing decent too
ROBJETS Icon : (24 August 2016 - 11:21 AM) Sanchez isn't starting this week and may not play at all
ROBJETS Icon : (24 August 2016 - 11:22 AM) SOURCE: NFL LIVE yesterday
ROBJETS Icon : (24 August 2016 - 11:24 AM) 3 turnovers and one td in 2016 preseason
santana Icon : (25 August 2016 - 07:20 AM) he will probably start until week 4 lol hes their geno smith
santana Icon : (25 August 2016 - 07:20 AM) https://youtu.be/f7FZ04xFa2Q
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 August 2016 - 06:37 PM) Browns trade former first-round pick Barkevious Mingo to Patriots
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 August 2016 - 06:37 PM) for a conditional draft pick
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2016 - 05:43 PM) enunwa out for tomorrows game. should give the young WRs some good reps with the first team. CUrious as to who starts in the slot. Will give a good idea of who the jets consider at the top of the group
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 06:59 PM) Starting Offense is starting to worry me
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 07:00 PM) I know its only preseason but they haven't done anything at this in 3 games
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 08:19 PM) Harris got hurt is out for the rest of the game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 08:53 PM) Well Milliner still sucks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 09:07 PM) Hack is in
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 09:13 PM) Hack led a 80 yard TD drive!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 09:13 PM) 4/6 79 yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 09:42 PM) And a pick for Hack now
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 09:44 PM) Well if the giants take the lead It will be interesting to see hack in the 2 min drill
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 09:44 PM) and now the giants have the lead
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 09:45 PM) Hack has 2 mins and 3 timeouts so lets see what he can do
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 09:48 PM) Hack has missed 4 in a row
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 09:52 PM) 4th and 1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2016 - 09:53 PM) Booooo we lose
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2016 - 06:09 PM) Too bad we didn't cut milliner and geno today
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2016 - 06:09 PM) we should cut devin smith too cause he's a bust but hey I'm hoping geno and miliner get cut
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2016 - 06:10 PM) get rid of both of those bums
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2016 - 06:16 PM) in QB news sanchez likely to be cut. some teams have called the jets inquiring about geno, he may get traded
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 03:29 PM) If Bridgewater is seriously injured Its possible Minnesota might have some interest in Geno.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:12 PM) TRADE GENO NOW!!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:12 PM) Get rid of that bum
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:12 PM) I'm more comfortable with Petty as #2 than the assclown geno
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:30 PM) Me too.
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Countdown To The 2012 Draft Wide Receiver Liquidation Sale!!!

#21 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,864
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 08 April 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Unfortunately the Jets are paying Santonio Holmes to be that stud...whether he is or not. Plus, Stephen Hill is hardly a guaranteed stud prospect. The Jets have too many holes for a luxury pick like that...at least in my opinion.


I see holes at OLB, WR, RT with minor needs at ILB and OG, Safety

thats not too much to fill up. we need to take a WR somewhere in the draft.
0

#22 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,294
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

I have a feeling the Jets take a WR with one of their first 2 picks.


I think we're more likely to take one in the second round, though if Floyd falls to #16 then I can see the Jets selecting him.

There's surely no way we don't come away from this draft without another wideout. Kerley showed last year that he's a threat from the slot and extremely reliable on third down, so we have that role more or less covered. Hopefully he'll take the Davone Bess role in Sparano's offense.
With Burress out of the frame, we therefore need a dependable weapon to go opposite Holmes. Preferably they'll have deep threat ability, but we need them to be an assured receiver on short and intermediate routes and capable of getting yards after the catch too. Burress was a great red zone threat last season, but was all but non existent from beyond the opponent's 20 yard line. So the front office should say no to a speed freak with no route running ability and yes to an all-round WR.
0

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,137
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 09 April 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

I think we're more likely to take one in the second round, though if Floyd falls to #16 then I can see the Jets selecting him.

There's surely no way we don't come away from this draft without another wideout. Kerley showed last year that he's a threat from the slot and extremely reliable on third down, so we have that role more or less covered. Hopefully he'll take the Davone Bess role in Sparano's offense.
With Burress out of the frame, we therefore need a dependable weapon to go opposite Holmes. Preferably they'll have deep threat ability, but we need them to be an assured receiver on short and intermediate routes and capable of getting yards after the catch too. Burress was a great red zone threat last season, but was all but non existent from beyond the opponent's 20 yard line. So the front office should say no to a speed freak with no route running ability and yes to an all-round WR.



I agree, I can see them targeting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.
Posted Image
0

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,864
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

I agree, I can see them targeting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.


If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw
0

#25 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,137
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw

Moving up for Upshaw? No chance, hes guaranteed to be there at 16 and I heard that the Jets aren't going to take Upshaw. I prefer Jeffery over Hill, he had great numbers back in 2010 with a bad QB in the SEC. There is risk with him, but has more college film than Hill so I see someone who is more likely to come in a be our #2 WR than Hill.
Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,864
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Moving up for Upshaw? No chance, hes guaranteed to be there at 16 and I heard that the Jets aren't going to take Upshaw. I prefer Jeffery over Hill, he had great numbers back in 2010 with a bad QB in the SEC. There is risk with him, but has more college film than Hill so I see someone who is more likely to come in a be our #2 WR than Hill.


i remember reading we might move up for him, maybe it was for ingram then?

and as for WR we need a gamebreaker
0

#27 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,069
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

The shouts for Upshaw are disturbing.
0

#28 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,137
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

i remember reading we might move up for him, maybe it was for ingram then?

and as for WR we need a gamebreaker


Yes for Ingram, the Jets are very interested in him and could trade up for him if he falls past 10.
Posted Image
0

#29 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,294
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw


Can't see Baltimore taking a receiver, let alone one like Stephen Hill when they already have a good, young deep threat in Torrey Smith.
0

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,864
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 09 April 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Can't see Baltimore taking a receiver, let alone one like Stephen Hill when they already have a good, young deep threat in Torrey Smith.


B-more has already shown interest in hill. rumors are they will take him with their first
0

#31 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 April 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

B-more has already shown interest in hill. rumors are they will take him with their first


You're not supposed to believe anything you hear at draft time.
Posted Image
0

#32 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,864
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 10 April 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

You're not supposed to believe anything you hear at draft time.


so the colts aren't taking luck and the skins didn't trade up for RG3?
sometimes its true sometimes it isn't
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users