NYJetsFan.com Forums: Countdown To The 2012 Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Azjetfan is the nyjetsfan #1 pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 04:23 PM) No excuses for Geno, we have a very good team and its up to the QB to not screw it up
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 04:43 PM) lol go back to the color coded sanchez system rex had
azjetfan Icon : (20 May 2015 - 06:48 PM) RACIST!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 May 2015 - 11:50 AM) Sign Wilkerson damnit!!
azjetfan Icon : (21 May 2015 - 02:01 PM) They will. He isn't in any rush to get into a voluntary mini camp
azjetfan Icon : (21 May 2015 - 02:01 PM) They aren't pushing it either
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 May 2015 - 06:31 PM) WOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (26 May 2015 - 05:27 PM) FIRE IDZIK!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 May 2015 - 07:23 PM) JETS will cut Miliner cause like I've said since Day 1 he was a BUST!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 May 2015 - 07:23 PM) MARK MY WORDS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 May 2015 - 07:23 PM) HE WILL BE CUT!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 May 2015 - 08:12 PM) FIRE GG
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 May 2015 - 08:13 PM) KEEP MILLINER
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 May 2015 - 08:13 PM) DEMOTE RAUL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 May 2015 - 08:19 PM) SIGN RIC FLAIR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 May 2015 - 09:05 PM) If they give up on milliner already that just shows how dumb they are
Mr_Jet Icon : (27 May 2015 - 01:06 PM) I would think they'd get rid of Kyle Wilson before Milliner.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 May 2015 - 02:00 PM) Cutting Milliner would be retarded
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 May 2015 - 02:00 PM) And so far, it seems like our new fo isn't retarded so I'm hopeful they keep him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 May 2015 - 02:02 PM) Cromartie is pretty much on a 1 yr deal, let Milliner heal up slowly and maybe next season hes our starting CB again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 May 2015 - 02:07 PM) The Jets just made sure they weren't counting on a guy coming off a achilles injury to start at CB in a scheme that needs good CB play, its called trying to give your coach the pieces to succeed..
azjetfan Icon : (27 May 2015 - 09:26 PM) Kyle Wilson is with the Saints now
santana Icon : (28 May 2015 - 11:58 PM) WOO
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 May 2015 - 02:02 PM) LETS GO RANGERS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 May 2015 - 09:50 PM) Simms to the bills
MikeGangGree... Icon : (31 May 2015 - 02:12 PM) Bring something to the Damn table
azjetfan Icon : (31 May 2015 - 04:58 PM) Fire the table
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) What happened to this site..... it used to be cool
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:25 PM) off season
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:25 PM) lack of posts
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:25 PM) not enough banter in the banter box
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:18 PM) Did you find a team to sign with yet?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:08 PM) I never left the jets
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:44 AM) alot of people disappeared too
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:45 AM) ron went AWOL to the fins and sold the site off to santana, crazyhorse, bluelinecop, regn, sdubb, all disappeared
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:45 AM) ohfive posted gay porn and got banned, think he's been back a few times here and there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:45 AM) nightowl tom died :(
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:45 AM) shit i realize i've been a member here for 12 years now
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:45 AM) alot has changed in that time
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) still here too, wish i could post more... schedule for me is crazy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:50 PM) I think I came in 04 when we had the old site.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:32 PM) I remember having to resign up in 2005 ish when the site crashed. Good times
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:34 PM) I'm excited about our team this year. Reminds me a little of the AFC Champ game years. Hopefully either Geno or Fitz can do more than the Sanchize.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:35 PM) We have a stable of backs but no real game breaker type. Ivory and company better have their A game
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:35 PM) Defense should be amazing.
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Countdown To The 2012 Draft Wide Receiver Liquidation Sale!!!

#21 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,763
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 08 April 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Unfortunately the Jets are paying Santonio Holmes to be that stud...whether he is or not. Plus, Stephen Hill is hardly a guaranteed stud prospect. The Jets have too many holes for a luxury pick like that...at least in my opinion.


I see holes at OLB, WR, RT with minor needs at ILB and OG, Safety

thats not too much to fill up. we need to take a WR somewhere in the draft.
0

#22 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,279
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

I have a feeling the Jets take a WR with one of their first 2 picks.


I think we're more likely to take one in the second round, though if Floyd falls to #16 then I can see the Jets selecting him.

There's surely no way we don't come away from this draft without another wideout. Kerley showed last year that he's a threat from the slot and extremely reliable on third down, so we have that role more or less covered. Hopefully he'll take the Davone Bess role in Sparano's offense.
With Burress out of the frame, we therefore need a dependable weapon to go opposite Holmes. Preferably they'll have deep threat ability, but we need them to be an assured receiver on short and intermediate routes and capable of getting yards after the catch too. Burress was a great red zone threat last season, but was all but non existent from beyond the opponent's 20 yard line. So the front office should say no to a speed freak with no route running ability and yes to an all-round WR.
0

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,116
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 09 April 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

I think we're more likely to take one in the second round, though if Floyd falls to #16 then I can see the Jets selecting him.

There's surely no way we don't come away from this draft without another wideout. Kerley showed last year that he's a threat from the slot and extremely reliable on third down, so we have that role more or less covered. Hopefully he'll take the Davone Bess role in Sparano's offense.
With Burress out of the frame, we therefore need a dependable weapon to go opposite Holmes. Preferably they'll have deep threat ability, but we need them to be an assured receiver on short and intermediate routes and capable of getting yards after the catch too. Burress was a great red zone threat last season, but was all but non existent from beyond the opponent's 20 yard line. So the front office should say no to a speed freak with no route running ability and yes to an all-round WR.



I agree, I can see them targeting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.
Posted Image
0

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,763
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

I agree, I can see them targeting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.


If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw
0

#25 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,116
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw

Moving up for Upshaw? No chance, hes guaranteed to be there at 16 and I heard that the Jets aren't going to take Upshaw. I prefer Jeffery over Hill, he had great numbers back in 2010 with a bad QB in the SEC. There is risk with him, but has more college film than Hill so I see someone who is more likely to come in a be our #2 WR than Hill.
Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,763
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Moving up for Upshaw? No chance, hes guaranteed to be there at 16 and I heard that the Jets aren't going to take Upshaw. I prefer Jeffery over Hill, he had great numbers back in 2010 with a bad QB in the SEC. There is risk with him, but has more college film than Hill so I see someone who is more likely to come in a be our #2 WR than Hill.


i remember reading we might move up for him, maybe it was for ingram then?

and as for WR we need a gamebreaker
0

#27 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,050
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

The shouts for Upshaw are disturbing.
0

#28 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,116
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

i remember reading we might move up for him, maybe it was for ingram then?

and as for WR we need a gamebreaker


Yes for Ingram, the Jets are very interested in him and could trade up for him if he falls past 10.
Posted Image
0

#29 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,279
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw


Can't see Baltimore taking a receiver, let alone one like Stephen Hill when they already have a good, young deep threat in Torrey Smith.
0

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,763
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 09 April 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Can't see Baltimore taking a receiver, let alone one like Stephen Hill when they already have a good, young deep threat in Torrey Smith.


B-more has already shown interest in hill. rumors are they will take him with their first
0

#31 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 April 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

B-more has already shown interest in hill. rumors are they will take him with their first


You're not supposed to believe anything you hear at draft time.
Posted Image
0

#32 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,763
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 10 April 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

You're not supposed to believe anything you hear at draft time.


so the colts aren't taking luck and the skins didn't trade up for RG3?
sometimes its true sometimes it isn't
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users