NYJetsFan.com Forums: Countdown To The 2012 Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) Why?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:09 PM) he worked with chip kelly and vick on the eagles. and has a cool name
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:41 PM) Eh
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:37 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Countdown To The 2012 Draft Wide Receiver Liquidation Sale!!!

#21 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,631
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 08 April 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Unfortunately the Jets are paying Santonio Holmes to be that stud...whether he is or not. Plus, Stephen Hill is hardly a guaranteed stud prospect. The Jets have too many holes for a luxury pick like that...at least in my opinion.


I see holes at OLB, WR, RT with minor needs at ILB and OG, Safety

thats not too much to fill up. we need to take a WR somewhere in the draft.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#22 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,266
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

I have a feeling the Jets take a WR with one of their first 2 picks.


I think we're more likely to take one in the second round, though if Floyd falls to #16 then I can see the Jets selecting him.

There's surely no way we don't come away from this draft without another wideout. Kerley showed last year that he's a threat from the slot and extremely reliable on third down, so we have that role more or less covered. Hopefully he'll take the Davone Bess role in Sparano's offense.
With Burress out of the frame, we therefore need a dependable weapon to go opposite Holmes. Preferably they'll have deep threat ability, but we need them to be an assured receiver on short and intermediate routes and capable of getting yards after the catch too. Burress was a great red zone threat last season, but was all but non existent from beyond the opponent's 20 yard line. So the front office should say no to a speed freak with no route running ability and yes to an all-round WR.
0

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,030
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 09 April 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

I think we're more likely to take one in the second round, though if Floyd falls to #16 then I can see the Jets selecting him.

There's surely no way we don't come away from this draft without another wideout. Kerley showed last year that he's a threat from the slot and extremely reliable on third down, so we have that role more or less covered. Hopefully he'll take the Davone Bess role in Sparano's offense.
With Burress out of the frame, we therefore need a dependable weapon to go opposite Holmes. Preferably they'll have deep threat ability, but we need them to be an assured receiver on short and intermediate routes and capable of getting yards after the catch too. Burress was a great red zone threat last season, but was all but non existent from beyond the opponent's 20 yard line. So the front office should say no to a speed freak with no route running ability and yes to an all-round WR.



I agree, I can see them targeting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.
Posted Image
0

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,631
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

I agree, I can see them targeting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.


If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#25 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,030
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw

Moving up for Upshaw? No chance, hes guaranteed to be there at 16 and I heard that the Jets aren't going to take Upshaw. I prefer Jeffery over Hill, he had great numbers back in 2010 with a bad QB in the SEC. There is risk with him, but has more college film than Hill so I see someone who is more likely to come in a be our #2 WR than Hill.
Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,631
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Moving up for Upshaw? No chance, hes guaranteed to be there at 16 and I heard that the Jets aren't going to take Upshaw. I prefer Jeffery over Hill, he had great numbers back in 2010 with a bad QB in the SEC. There is risk with him, but has more college film than Hill so I see someone who is more likely to come in a be our #2 WR than Hill.


i remember reading we might move up for him, maybe it was for ingram then?

and as for WR we need a gamebreaker
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#27 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,024
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

The shouts for Upshaw are disturbing.
0

#28 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,030
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

i remember reading we might move up for him, maybe it was for ingram then?

and as for WR we need a gamebreaker


Yes for Ingram, the Jets are very interested in him and could trade up for him if he falls past 10.
Posted Image
0

#29 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,266
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw


Can't see Baltimore taking a receiver, let alone one like Stephen Hill when they already have a good, young deep threat in Torrey Smith.
0

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,631
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 09 April 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Can't see Baltimore taking a receiver, let alone one like Stephen Hill when they already have a good, young deep threat in Torrey Smith.


B-more has already shown interest in hill. rumors are they will take him with their first
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#31 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,696
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 April 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

B-more has already shown interest in hill. rumors are they will take him with their first


You're not supposed to believe anything you hear at draft time.
Posted Image
0

#32 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,631
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 10 April 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

You're not supposed to believe anything you hear at draft time.


so the colts aren't taking luck and the skins didn't trade up for RG3?
sometimes its true sometimes it isn't
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users