NYJetsFan.com Forums: Countdown To The 2012 Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Geno injured, IK cut, Amish Rifle starting - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38773
santana Icon : (14 August 2015 - 09:02 PM) fitz is probably the best qb the jets have had in the last 3/4 years
santana Icon : (14 August 2015 - 09:02 PM) depressing
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:13 PM) depressing but true
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:13 PM) Fitzpatrick can play at a average level, the Jets have had QB play on the below average level
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:13 PM) Fitzpatrick not being mentioned as a NFL worst starter is a upgrade for this team
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:14 PM) He could throw for 25 TDs if he starts every game
Chaos Icon : (14 August 2015 - 11:18 PM) 2009 with a Favre and Rex pairing could have been special
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 August 2015 - 09:20 PM) ok so who thinks geno has played his last game of his JETS career?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 August 2015 - 09:23 PM) I honestly think his JETS career is knocked out like that right hand by IK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 August 2015 - 08:50 PM) why the hell can't the JETS ever get it right
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 August 2015 - 08:50 PM) are we doomed for all eternity?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 August 2015 - 01:56 PM) kerly might be losing his job to a younger WR
GreenDude Icon : (18 August 2015 - 06:34 PM) We just signed Matt Flynn
santana Icon : (18 August 2015 - 07:02 PM) FLYNNNNSANITYYY
santana Icon : (18 August 2015 - 07:02 PM) hype hype hype
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 12:31 PM) Which receiver is Kerley losing his job to?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 12:31 PM) Kerley is still gonna be our slot receiver. Devin Smith is a outside WR, deep threat and hes gonna be out for a bit.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 12:32 PM) though Brandon Marshall likes playing in the slot at times and does work there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 01:27 PM) he's apparently battling (and losing to) enuiwa
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 01:28 PM) enunwa^
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:26 PM) I haven't heard about that
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:28 PM) I read how kerley has been uncover able one on one
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:57 PM) http://www.nj.com/je...ey_backups.html
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:57 PM) http://nypost.com/20...appearing-role/
Smedsthejet Icon : (19 August 2015 - 03:03 PM) Any news on how Shaq Evans is performing?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:12 AM) http://nypost.com/20...ricks-of-trade/
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:12 AM) sounds like the jets think kerly is too small for what they want
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:13 AM) if enunwa is our 3rd WR that gives us 3 starting Wrs over 6-2. compared to the 5'7 kerly.
RetireChrebet Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:32 PM) Hopefully enunwa pans out. The jets need to start catching talent in he late rounds like most successful teams do.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 August 2015 - 03:05 PM) MT did for us
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 06:49 PM) Well it's only pre season but I don't enjoy watching them walk right over our defense
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) Looks like nothing has changed from the last 5 years. Our offense is still trash
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 07:50 PM) Damn petty has a rocket arm!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 07:54 PM) Kellen Davis sucks
Mr_Jet Icon : (22 August 2015 - 12:40 PM) Bryce Petty looked really good last night.
azjetfan Icon : (22 August 2015 - 04:56 PM) He took some big steps from week one. There is no question. If he continues to progress like that we may be chanting for him sooner than expected. I love his arm.
azjetfan Icon : (22 August 2015 - 06:56 PM) Sanchez looks like Drew Bree's today
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 August 2015 - 01:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO Ric Flair!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) The guy in the fantasy league who said we're scared of Santana... is clearly santana.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) just sayin
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) im only half serious
santana Icon : (Today, 09:30 AM) Also i suspect that santana
santana Icon : (Today, 09:30 AM) might be santana
santana Icon : (Today, 01:35 PM) Tough draw for Liverpool
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 02:21 PM) Suarez second best in Europe... pretty good
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Countdown To The 2012 Draft Wide Receiver Liquidation Sale!!!

#21 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,768
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 08 April 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Unfortunately the Jets are paying Santonio Holmes to be that stud...whether he is or not. Plus, Stephen Hill is hardly a guaranteed stud prospect. The Jets have too many holes for a luxury pick like that...at least in my opinion.


I see holes at OLB, WR, RT with minor needs at ILB and OG, Safety

thats not too much to fill up. we need to take a WR somewhere in the draft.
0

#22 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,282
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

I have a feeling the Jets take a WR with one of their first 2 picks.


I think we're more likely to take one in the second round, though if Floyd falls to #16 then I can see the Jets selecting him.

There's surely no way we don't come away from this draft without another wideout. Kerley showed last year that he's a threat from the slot and extremely reliable on third down, so we have that role more or less covered. Hopefully he'll take the Davone Bess role in Sparano's offense.
With Burress out of the frame, we therefore need a dependable weapon to go opposite Holmes. Preferably they'll have deep threat ability, but we need them to be an assured receiver on short and intermediate routes and capable of getting yards after the catch too. Burress was a great red zone threat last season, but was all but non existent from beyond the opponent's 20 yard line. So the front office should say no to a speed freak with no route running ability and yes to an all-round WR.
0

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,121
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 09 April 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

I think we're more likely to take one in the second round, though if Floyd falls to #16 then I can see the Jets selecting him.

There's surely no way we don't come away from this draft without another wideout. Kerley showed last year that he's a threat from the slot and extremely reliable on third down, so we have that role more or less covered. Hopefully he'll take the Davone Bess role in Sparano's offense.
With Burress out of the frame, we therefore need a dependable weapon to go opposite Holmes. Preferably they'll have deep threat ability, but we need them to be an assured receiver on short and intermediate routes and capable of getting yards after the catch too. Burress was a great red zone threat last season, but was all but non existent from beyond the opponent's 20 yard line. So the front office should say no to a speed freak with no route running ability and yes to an all-round WR.



I agree, I can see them targeting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.
Posted Image
0

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,768
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

I agree, I can see them targeting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.


If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw
0

#25 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,121
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw

Moving up for Upshaw? No chance, hes guaranteed to be there at 16 and I heard that the Jets aren't going to take Upshaw. I prefer Jeffery over Hill, he had great numbers back in 2010 with a bad QB in the SEC. There is risk with him, but has more college film than Hill so I see someone who is more likely to come in a be our #2 WR than Hill.
Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,768
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Moving up for Upshaw? No chance, hes guaranteed to be there at 16 and I heard that the Jets aren't going to take Upshaw. I prefer Jeffery over Hill, he had great numbers back in 2010 with a bad QB in the SEC. There is risk with him, but has more college film than Hill so I see someone who is more likely to come in a be our #2 WR than Hill.


i remember reading we might move up for him, maybe it was for ingram then?

and as for WR we need a gamebreaker
0

#27 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,059
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

The shouts for Upshaw are disturbing.
0

#28 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,121
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

i remember reading we might move up for him, maybe it was for ingram then?

and as for WR we need a gamebreaker


Yes for Ingram, the Jets are very interested in him and could trade up for him if he falls past 10.
Posted Image
0

#29 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,282
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw


Can't see Baltimore taking a receiver, let alone one like Stephen Hill when they already have a good, young deep threat in Torrey Smith.
0

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,768
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 09 April 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Can't see Baltimore taking a receiver, let alone one like Stephen Hill when they already have a good, young deep threat in Torrey Smith.


B-more has already shown interest in hill. rumors are they will take him with their first
0

#31 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 April 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

B-more has already shown interest in hill. rumors are they will take him with their first


You're not supposed to believe anything you hear at draft time.
Posted Image
0

#32 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,768
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 10 April 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

You're not supposed to believe anything you hear at draft time.


so the colts aren't taking luck and the skins didn't trade up for RG3?
sometimes its true sometimes it isn't
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users