NYJetsFan.com Forums: Countdown To The 2012 Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) SUCK THE DUCK!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) WOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) Happy Mr_Jet?
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:18 PM) Ray Rice has been reinstated!
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:19 PM) Sign him!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:28 PM) Can he pass block?
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Countdown To The 2012 Draft Wide Receiver Liquidation Sale!!!

#21 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,635
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 08 April 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Unfortunately the Jets are paying Santonio Holmes to be that stud...whether he is or not. Plus, Stephen Hill is hardly a guaranteed stud prospect. The Jets have too many holes for a luxury pick like that...at least in my opinion.


I see holes at OLB, WR, RT with minor needs at ILB and OG, Safety

thats not too much to fill up. we need to take a WR somewhere in the draft.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#22 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,267
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

I have a feeling the Jets take a WR with one of their first 2 picks.


I think we're more likely to take one in the second round, though if Floyd falls to #16 then I can see the Jets selecting him.

There's surely no way we don't come away from this draft without another wideout. Kerley showed last year that he's a threat from the slot and extremely reliable on third down, so we have that role more or less covered. Hopefully he'll take the Davone Bess role in Sparano's offense.
With Burress out of the frame, we therefore need a dependable weapon to go opposite Holmes. Preferably they'll have deep threat ability, but we need them to be an assured receiver on short and intermediate routes and capable of getting yards after the catch too. Burress was a great red zone threat last season, but was all but non existent from beyond the opponent's 20 yard line. So the front office should say no to a speed freak with no route running ability and yes to an all-round WR.
0

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,031
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 09 April 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

I think we're more likely to take one in the second round, though if Floyd falls to #16 then I can see the Jets selecting him.

There's surely no way we don't come away from this draft without another wideout. Kerley showed last year that he's a threat from the slot and extremely reliable on third down, so we have that role more or less covered. Hopefully he'll take the Davone Bess role in Sparano's offense.
With Burress out of the frame, we therefore need a dependable weapon to go opposite Holmes. Preferably they'll have deep threat ability, but we need them to be an assured receiver on short and intermediate routes and capable of getting yards after the catch too. Burress was a great red zone threat last season, but was all but non existent from beyond the opponent's 20 yard line. So the front office should say no to a speed freak with no route running ability and yes to an all-round WR.



I agree, I can see them targeting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.
Posted Image
0

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,635
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

I agree, I can see them targeting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.


If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#25 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,031
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw

Moving up for Upshaw? No chance, hes guaranteed to be there at 16 and I heard that the Jets aren't going to take Upshaw. I prefer Jeffery over Hill, he had great numbers back in 2010 with a bad QB in the SEC. There is risk with him, but has more college film than Hill so I see someone who is more likely to come in a be our #2 WR than Hill.
Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,635
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 April 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Moving up for Upshaw? No chance, hes guaranteed to be there at 16 and I heard that the Jets aren't going to take Upshaw. I prefer Jeffery over Hill, he had great numbers back in 2010 with a bad QB in the SEC. There is risk with him, but has more college film than Hill so I see someone who is more likely to come in a be our #2 WR than Hill.


i remember reading we might move up for him, maybe it was for ingram then?

and as for WR we need a gamebreaker
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#27 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,025
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

The shouts for Upshaw are disturbing.
0

#28 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,031
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

i remember reading we might move up for him, maybe it was for ingram then?

and as for WR we need a gamebreaker


Yes for Ingram, the Jets are very interested in him and could trade up for him if he falls past 10.
Posted Image
0

#29 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,267
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 April 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

If hill falls into the 2nd i'd take him, but doens't look like he'll get past b-more. I wouldn't take him 16th overall. we need a pass rusher. we have alot of picks this year, i could see us moving up for upshaw


Can't see Baltimore taking a receiver, let alone one like Stephen Hill when they already have a good, young deep threat in Torrey Smith.
0

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,635
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 09 April 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Can't see Baltimore taking a receiver, let alone one like Stephen Hill when they already have a good, young deep threat in Torrey Smith.


B-more has already shown interest in hill. rumors are they will take him with their first
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#31 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,697
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 April 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

B-more has already shown interest in hill. rumors are they will take him with their first


You're not supposed to believe anything you hear at draft time.
Posted Image
0

#32 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,635
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 10 April 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

You're not supposed to believe anything you hear at draft time.


so the colts aren't taking luck and the skins didn't trade up for RG3?
sometimes its true sometimes it isn't
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users