NYJetsFan.com Forums: Countdown To The 2012 Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Countdown To The 2012 Draft Quarterback Nightmares...

#1 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

Ugh...I did write-ups for most of the prospects below...and managed to lose all of it. The only thing I had left was this shitty intro...ssssoooo. This is gonna be brief. Hopefully, it will still give everyone a good overview of who is out there, and make draft day(s) a little more exciting.

Before Tim Tebow, the unofficial Jets buzz words were "Pass Rush". Or the lack thereof. The Jets got some sack production out of Aaron Maybin last year, but it was hardly the kind of one-on-one, sack artist production the Jets need. Most of Maybin's sacks were of the "coverage" variety, and not the singular threat that opponents need to game plan against. It's not to discredit Maybin's value...his speed and relentless pursuit is what led to those sacks...and they are important. However, what the Jets need is somebody who get their man QUICKLY, and force the opposing quarterback to get rid of the ball QUICKLY.

Some people have proposed a simple increase in Maybin's playing time would lead to more sack production. It simply doesn't work that way. Maybin came in on obvious passing downs, more specifically, downs where he could obviously just run as fast as possible to try and get to the quarterback. Not only would his smaller frame probably be beaten down by the increased workload, but his opportunities for sacks wouldn't necessarily go up.

Outside of Mario Williams, there wasn't really a premier pass rushing threat to be had on the free agent market. So, the Jets will have to once again look to the draft for a pass rusher. This draft class is spotty, at best. There are some intriguing prospects, but they all have fairly large and legitimate questions. There are no DeMarcus Ware's to be found here. As we learned with Vernon Gholston, if you miss on a first round pick, it sets that position back several years. The Jets cannot afford to miss twice in a row on the outside linebacker position...

Posted ImageMelvin Ingram - 6'1" 265 - South Carolina

Most of you know Ingram by now, so basically he is the consensus top pass rusher in the draft, but not the most physically gifted. He does have surprisingly athleticism for his size (Ingram performed surprisingly well in agility drills at the combine), but is still more of an effort/businessman style player.

Posted ImageQuinton Coples - 6'6" 285 - University of North Carolina

Coples might be that most physically gifted pass rusher, but there are large questions concerning his effort. Maybe not the physical freak of former Tar Heel Julius Peppers, but he is that type of player. His size might prevent him from being an OLB, and wouldn't be best utilized as a 3-4 DE. His talent is top 10, but he could fall due to effort concerns.

Note: Those are the consensus Top Two...but you'll find a very large difference of opinion in the next 5 or so prospects.

Posted ImageCourtney Upshaw - 6'2" 270 - Alabama

Upshaw probably won't be a bust, he's well-coached at Bama, and has experience as a 34 OLB. But, I just don't see him ever being great. His limit physically too much to ever be more than a solid player...more of a 2nd-3rd rounder to me that will go higher because of his National Championship team exposure.

Posted ImageAndre Branch - 6'4" 260 - Clemson

A great, straight line athlete...Branch isn't the most technically sound and consistent pass rusher. He also lacks the strength to hold up against the run, which will obviously be less of an issue lining up at OLB. Played the bandit role at Clemson, which has made a lot of prospects look better than they became in the NFL.

Posted ImageNick Perry - 6'3" 270 - USC

Perry is a great athlete, strong, fast, explosive...but he doesn't know how to play the position. I never understood why he was considered such a top prospect even only a few weeks ago. But his stock has cooled off a bit, and rightfully so. If you look at his tape, his sacks were mostly of the coverage/opportunity variety...and not enough of those quick, individually disruptive plays.

Posted ImageWhitney Mercilus - 6'4" 260 - Illinois

Mercilus is hard to figure. He has one-year wonder written all over him, posting 16 sacks in his final year, after notching only 2 sacks previously. That is all.

Posted ImageChandler Jones - 6'5" 265 - Syracuse

Many compare Jones to Jason Pierre-Paul...which is a good comparison. In both potential and distance from that potential. Best fit is as a 4-3 DE (As he looks to have the frame to add significant healthy weight), though it is possible he could keep the weight down and move to OLB...maybe.

Posted ImageBruce Irvin - 6'3" 245 - West Virginia

Even if he wasn't such a f***ing moron, the Jets already have Aaron Maybin. Irvin is a pass rusher, that's it. He was only a situational player in college, though part of that can be attributed to West Virginia's base 3-3-5 defense, where Irvin's lack of size doesn't match with the requirements of an End in a 3 man front. He's just f***ing stupid though, getting arrested for disorderly conduct and destruction of property just 3 weeks ago. Not to mention his time spent in a juvenile detention center, and failing out of high school. Now, I know people make mistakes and can come from hard backgrounds...but to get arrested mere weeks before the NFL Draft...COME ON!!!

Posted ImageOlivier Vernon - 6'2" 260 - University of Miami

Vernon is one of the prospects I'm hoping for the Jets. Not because he is some elite talent, but I think he can outperform his draft round. He's basically Bryan Thomas...great against the run and offers above average pass rush ability. Vernon had a great beginning to his career, starting as a true freshman and recording 7.5 sacks in his first two years. Much was expected in his junior year, but he missed 6 games in the Shapiro scandal, and only tallied 1.5 sacks in limited time.

But, Vernon still declared early, probably to the detriment of his draft stock. Early in the draft season, Vernon wasn't getting much hype at all, and I thought he would be a steal in the late rounds. Now, with good workouts and a look back at his tape I think people are realizing that, and he seems to be creeping. Still, if he is available in the 4th round on, I think Vernon is a great value.

And I'm tired...so here are the other guys I wrote about but lost...

- Vinny Curry - Marshall
- Cam Johnson - Virginia
- Brandon Lindsey - Pitt
- Shea McClellin - Boise State
- Donte Paige-Moss - UNC
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Good stuff.

How do I catch shit about the Gators but you haven't ever about Miami?

Every list you make has a Cane Posted Image

#3 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 19 April 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

Good stuff.

How do I catch shit about the Gators but you haven't ever about Miami?

Every list you make has a Cane Posted Image

Yeah I know...but realistically it isn't homerism. These guys are all legit prospects I've mentioned...Miami still turns out the pro prospects, even if they suck as a team in college.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 19 April 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

Yeah I know...but realistically it isn't homerism. These guys are all legit prospects I've mentioned...Miami still turns out the pro prospects, even if they suck as a team in college.

Realistically, it's pure homerism. You're not mentioning him if he wasn't a Cane.

I'm not saying I have a problem with it, I just think it's funny. Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

its a deep class for pass rushers. I'm gonna trust in rex and MT to get us a good one in the draft and not worry about which one they pick
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 19 April 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Realistically, it's pure homerism. You're not mentioning him if he wasn't a Cane.

I'm not saying I have a problem with it, I just think it's funny. Posted Image

Nah man it really isn't...now maybe I wouldn't know as much about Vernon if he wasn't a Cane...and therefore I wouldn't have taken notice.

But I'm not just over hyping a guy simply because he went to Miami. If so I would be all over Marcus Forston...but I think he will be a bust. Adawele Ojomo would be a monster, Micanor Regis is a great sleeper (actually he might be), and Jacory Harris will put it all together in the pro's!!!!

But I'm not saying that...you're just jealous that there are no Gators worth talking about... :beach:

PS - There are 19 Miami players in this draft.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 19 April 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

Nah man it really isn't...now maybe I wouldn't know as much about Vernon if he wasn't a Cane...and therefore I wouldn't have taken notice.

But I'm not just over hyping a guy simply because he went to Miami. If so I would be all over Marcus Forston...but I think he will be a bust. Adawele Ojomo would be a monster, Micanor Regis is a great sleeper (actually he might be), and Jacory Harris will put it all together in the pro's!!!!

But I'm not saying that...you're just jealous that there are no Gators worth talking about... :beach:

PS - There are 19 Miami players in this draft.

Not saying you're overhyping this kid... I'm saying you know about him through your ties with Miami. Same as I do when (have I even ever?) mentioned a Gator in a draft write up. But I normally catch hell, you seem to skate by.

CMON CLEMENS11 COME GET HIM!!!

Good write-up my man Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 19 April 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

Not saying you're overhyping this kid... I'm saying you know about him through your ties with Miami. Same as I do when (have I even ever?) mentioned a Gator in a draft write up. But I normally catch hell, you seem to skate by.

CMON CLEMENS11 COME GET HIM!!!

Good write-up my man Posted Image

Why would I go after him? I love THE U :tongue: lol
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostClemens11, on 19 April 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Why would I go after him? I love THE U :tongue: lol

And Notre Dame.

Gotcha.

#10 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 19 April 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

And Notre Dame.

Gotcha.

Well that's physically impossible.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 19 April 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

It's Clemens11.

Don't even go there.

#12 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 19 April 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Notre Dame fan from birth, Canes fan only because of Vinny Testaverde (my favorite football player of all-time). I wasn't around when they had their rivalry. I didn't even know they had a big rivalry until I was in High School thats how non-existant it was. So, very possible. They JUST started playing each other again, and no matter who wins, its a win for one of my teams so I don't mind.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

It never sat right with me that the Canes mascot is a crane. Thats just laziness to me.

#14 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 20 April 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

It never sat right with me that the Canes mascot is a crane. Thats just laziness to me.

Well then you will be happy to know that it is an Ibis and not a crane ;) comon mistake.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 20 April 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

So the lame ass story is that an ibis is the last animal to leave before a hurricane, and the first to come back. Quite frankly, that just makes it sound like a dumb bird.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 20 April 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

So the lame ass story is that an ibis is the last animal to leave before a hurricane, and the first to come back. Quite frankly, that just makes it sound like a dumb bird.

Thats pretty cool. They got lucky that it wasnt the dung beetle.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users