NYJetsFan.com Forums: Vernon Gholston 2.0 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:59 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:37 AM) another potential HC name - Sean Payton. There is a possibility that the Saints decide it's time for a change. Unlikely but if it happens and he's out there....
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Vernon Gholston 2.0

#61 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostDisplacednewyorker, on 28 April 2012 - 05:55 AM, said:

Exactly!

How many of you here actually sat and watched Coples play an entire game or games. I bet less than 1%.
There is no way to clearly tell how a player will pan out. If there was the parity in the NFL would be unimaginable.

Comparing any player to another player past or present is ridiculous. Coaching, learning ability, work ethic are just a few things that matter in player progression. Coples has had too many distractions down there in NC the last year and a half for real. Who's to say he doesn't come in and explode to beast mode? Gholston had not one coach change I believe in his Buckeye career. The coaches and other distractions at NC had a huge effect on a lot of the players down there. Just like you and I, we each will react differently. Coples didn't have a clear head and was confused at times during his Senior season. To me that is not a big deal. He is on to the NEXT level, the level that matters the most in players hearts.

What I am hearing, reading and watching is that everyone in Jet nation is a college prospect expert. I laugh as I have seen the names wanted thrown around here and there and some of those were not factors in the NFL, yet this kid Coples is clearly a dead horse before he even signs his contract? I am confused. I am glad more than half of you are not the Jets GM, lol.

As I am going to give the kid his chance, I would expect the rest of you would as well. Hell, he is a Jet now and that is what matters, he is a Jet now. Rex and company have an idea for the kid, just like Mangini did with Gholston. We all just need to chill and see how it pans out. My money say's he will be a decent to good player.

My head is held high after these picks. As I have stated before, I am all in on what this management team is thinking/doing for the organization. I am a fan. I believe. I would hope you all would as well. :drinks:

All I see is a bunch of excuses, which is exactly what players who dissapear at times make. There is NO EXCUSE for lack of effort. I dont care if he had a different coach every week of his career and the Tar Heels received the Death Penalty from the NCAA, the ONE thing you can ALWAYS control is your effort. So there is no excuse for him having lapses in effort on the field on more than one occassion, so much so that multiple people acknowledge it as a red flag.

All i can say is he BETTER pan out. If he doesn't give effort, he is not worthy of my support and should leave the team, period. Its one thing to be lacking skill, but lacking effort is the one thing that there is no excuse for and should never be tolerated. Sadly it is.

So until he proves otherwise, he is Gholston 2.0
Posted Image

#62 User is offline   Displacednewyorker Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostClemens11, on 28 April 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

All i can say is he BETTER pan out. If he doesn't give effort, he is not worthy of my support and should leave the team, period. Its one thing to be lacking skill, but lacking effort is the one thing that there is no excuse for and should never be tolerated. Sadly it is.

So until he proves otherwise, he is Gholston 2.0

LOL. Maybe it's time for you to find a new team to be a fan of. Your support, no matter what the Jets and Coples end up doing, should never sway if you are a true fan. This vile spew you toss around on this pick is not gonna change things.
Posted Image

#63 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostDisplacednewyorker, on 28 April 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

LOL. Maybe it's time for you to find a new team to be a fan of. Your support, no matter what the Jets and Coples end up doing, should never sway if you are a true fan. This vile spew you toss around on this pick is not gonna change things.

I wish i could bring myself to like a new team but thats not in my dna. And as a fan, one of many who pays for these guys to play, I have a right to be concerned about the direction of my team. If a guy is a scrub, he is a scrub, i dont care what colors he wears. I am not going to sit here and be a giants fan and say every player on my roster is a pro bowler. i call um as i see um. i support the jets and i want them to win, and to win they cant waste time drafting scrubs, so im allowed to be angry when i think they draft a scrub.

Team above any one player, maybe u should realize that then come back and talk to me. dont tell me how to be a fan cus clearly you have a vision of it that not many share, nor should they. Being a mindless sheep ends up in disaster.I'm not gunna let someone piss on me and just believe them that its rain like u seem to do.
Posted Image

#64 User is offline   Displacednewyorker Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostClemens11, on 28 April 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

I wish i could bring myself to like a new team but thats not in my dna. And as a fan, one of many who pays for these guys to play, I have a right to be concerned about the direction of my team. If a guy is a scrub, he is a scrub, i dont care what colors he wears. I am not going to sit here and be a giants fan and say every player on my roster is a pro bowler. i call um as i see um. i support the jets and i want them to win, and to win they cant waste time drafting scrubs, so im allowed to be angry when i think they draft a scrub.

Team above any one player, maybe u should realize that then come back and talk to me. dont tell me how to be a fan cus clearly you have a vision of it that not many share, nor should they. Being a mindless sheep ends up in disaster.I'm not gunna let someone piss on me and just believe them that its rain like u seem to do.

You are right. I also believe in this, but I can't call the kid a scrub. He hasn't played a down of NFL football yet. He isn't going to be the reason the Jets have a bad season, and that is fact.

If you thought I was pissing on ya, well, sorry, that's all I can offer ya. Don't take it to heart.
Posted Image

#65 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

You might want to think about anger management, I'm serious about that.
Posted Image

#66 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

Well this is enjoyable
Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

Kellen Clemens?

#68 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 April 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Kellen Clemens?

Here comes another thesis
Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

Coples might turn out alright after the comments I heard made about his 2010 season. When Butch Davis and the NC staff got fired, Cople was told to take it easy by an agent and no get hurt. He was told he would be in the NFL. With the team in limbo with no supporting staff, he did jus that. He took some plays off. Films of coples in 2010 is totally different than 2011. He got bad advice at the time and that's why you didn't that motor in 2011. Now that he's drafted in the 1st rd, I think he can compete. Coples will not be Gholston part deux. The plot thickens.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users