NYJetsFan.com Forums: Wr Stephen Hill: 'iíM Ready To Give The Jet Fans Something To Scream About.' - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Yesterday, 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (Today, 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Wr Stephen Hill: 'iíM Ready To Give The Jet Fans Something To Scream About.'

#1 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

My link

WR Stephen Hill: 'I’m ready to give the Jet fans something to scream about.'

BY Manish Mehta

Less than 24 hours after the Jets addressed one of their glaring defensive needs, Rex Ryan & Co. made an aggressive move to give Mark Sanchez a little more help.

The Jets traded up four spots in the second round to select Georgia Tech wide receiver Stephen Hill with the 43rd overall pick on Friday. They swapped second rounders with the Seahawks in addition to giving up their fifth-round pick (No. 154 overall) and one of their seventh-round picks (No. 232) to position themselves to take the speedy Hill, who ran a blazing 4.31 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine.

“I’m ready to give the Jet fans something to scream about,” Hill said after spending the first day of the draft at the Radio City Music Hall green room.

The 6-5, 216-pound Hill gives Sanchez a tall, deep threat that was missing in the Jets’ offense.

“Catching the ball from Mark Sanchez (will be) great,” said Hill, who will replace Plaxico Burress and play opposite Santonio Holmes. “I’m going to make sure I get with him as soon as possible and try to get this roll on.”

Hill’s ability to stretch the field – he averaged 25.5 yards per catch in three seasons – will be a welcomed addition for Gang Green, but he’ll have to make an adjustment from Georgia Tech’s triple-option offensive system to the pros.

“It’s going to be a big transition,” Hill admitted. “I’m ready to go. I’m ready to learn. I’m a quick learner. So I’m ready to see how things unfold.”

Hill, who only had 49 receptions in college, was one of most athletic receivers in the draft. The Jets were enamored by Hill’s leaping ability, which will make him an ideal red-zone threat too. His blocking prowess was another bonus for a team that will emphasize that within their ground-and-pound scheme.

"I can definitely put somebody on the butt," Hill said. “They liked my physicality a lot.”

Hill admitted that he’ll have to use his physical style to get off press man coverage at the next level. He’ll also have to sharpen his route running.

His speed, of course, was his most enticing trait.

The Jets hope that he’ll be able to stretch the field and keep defenses from stacking the box to stop the run. He maintained that his 4.3 40 time at the Combine was typical. Coming from a run-heavy college offense, Hill’s 40 time opened plenty of eyes. The Jets attended his Pro Day and put him through a personal workout, which sealed the deal.

“That was definitely routine,” Hill said of his blazing 40 time. “I worked a lot on that. I actually told the Jets that I was going to run that time.”

Hill didn’t seem fazed by the New York spotlight, either. Shortly after getting selected, he started a J-E-T-S chant from the Radio City stage for Gang Green fans in attendance.

“It was definitely a long day of waiting,” Hill said of not getting selected in the first round. “Once I heard that the Jets traded, I really had no idea until that phone started ringing.”

Although the Jets were amenable to drafting a receiver, offensive lineman or front seven player in the second round, they zoned in on Hill after he went undrafted in the first 10 picks of the round.
Gang Green had several players on their wish list for Day 2 of the draft. Alabama outside linebacker Courtney Upshaw, who was linked to the Jets in the run-up to the draft, was scooped up by the Ravens with the third pick of the third round (35th overall). The Jets had a second-round grade on Upshaw.

With the 38th overall pick, the Jaguars took Clemson defensive end Andre Branch, who could been an explosive edge pass rusher for Gang Green if they hadn’t selected Quinton Coples in the first round.

http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For once it sounds like we've got someone that believes in a TEAM philosophy right from the door. Kid started the JETS chant as soon as he got drafted. I like it. Let's hope he can produce. Thank God Schitty isn't here anymore or else he would never be used for his size.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

i love this guy already
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

I'm skeptical of his college production but how can you not love his enthusiasm? He's going to put his all into this
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#4 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

his college production? you must not watch college football, research what type of offense GT runs before i embarrass you.

F S U
ColesReturns87

#5 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

GT was definitely a run first offense so we can't hold it against this kid that he had low numbers. He was also a blocking receiver. He apparently isn't afraid to knock somebody on their ass & is foaming at the mouth wanting to, so I'm waiting to see what he brings to the table.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

He seems excited to be a Jet, that is cool. Huge upside, hopefully we hit here. This was one of our biggest needs, getting a WR that could stretch the field and can be the #2 guy.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostLeonhardSkynyrd36, on 27 April 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

his college production? you must not watch college football, research what type of offense GT runs before i embarrass you.

F S U

Do they still run that highly obnoxious triple-option?
Posted Image

#8 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

IT'S GOING TO BE HAMBURGER HILL FO' REAL
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#9 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 28 April 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

Do they still run that highly obnoxious triple-option?

Yes, Paul Johnson is still their coach.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users