NYJetsFan.com Forums: 115's Draft Grades For The Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

115's Draft Grades For The Jets

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

1st Round (pick 16) Quinton Coples DE
Positives: A rare speed size strength combo and probably the best athlete in the draft. produced in college not just a workout warrior
Negatives: questions about his motor and love for the game
Grade A
Great value here, nobody thought he'd fall out of the top 10. Rex will use this guy all over the field
Compares to: Peppers, Pierre-paul

2nd Round (pick 43) Stephen Hill WR
Positives: 4.3 speed and 6-4 with leaping ability and toughness and ability to block
negatives: didn't play in a pro style offense, not a polished route runner yet
Grade A
Hill was supposed to be a late 1st rounder and the jets got him in the middle of the 2nd round. He will take pressure off holmes and give the jets a game breaker we haven't had since moss
Compares to: mike wallace, calvin johnson

3rd Round (pick 77) Demario Davis ILB
Positives: Speed a LBer that runs like a safety. also very strong
negatives: very raw. too fast and overran plays sometimes
Grade C
Davis looks like he was drafted to unseat bart scott in 2013, he has alot to learn first. he was a reach in the 3rd round but since the jets had no picks in the 4th or 5th they had to take him there if they couldn't trade back. probably would have been available later. He should start on special teams from day 1 and sub in later. he has the ability to cover TEs on the NFL level

6th round
josh bush S
Terrance Ganaway RB
Robert Griffin G
Grade A
can't complain about anything this late in the draft. all you can do i try to find a gem. we got a safety that rated as a 3rd round grade added another tough hard nosed RB and a Guard for o-line depth. but now we have a log jam at RB and I expect 1 of them not to make it. could be connor, Ganaway or Powell.

7th Round
Antonio Allen SS
Jordan White WR
Grade B
Again in this round you can only hope to find a gem. Allen could compete for a roster spot since we are weak at safety. right now we only have 2 on the roster in smith and landry and we drafted 2 more so I expect both to make it. Would be nice to bring back leonhard if he is healthy. White isn't gonna be a game breaker but could catch on as the 5th WR. should battle turner for that

Overall Grade A- (not an average) Would have been an A if it wasn't for the reach in the 3rd round on davis.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

he has the ability to cover TEs on the NFL level

How did you come to this conclusion

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 30 April 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Fromt nflscout.com "Davis could be a rush backer from the inside spot in the Jets 3-4. Can help cover Patriots TEs Hernandez and Gronkowski"

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Height: 6-2. Weight: 235.
40 Time: 4.53.
Bench: 32.
Vertical: 38.5. Broad: 10-4.
Arm: 32.
Projected Round (2012): 3-5.
4/25/12: Davis recorded 69 tackles with 10 tackles for a loss, three sacks and one interception in 2011. He was a late addition to the Senior Bowl, but Davis held his own against the better competition. He is fast and has some physicality.

At the Combine, Davis showed off his rare combination of skills. He sprinted a very fast 40 time and was one of the leaders on the bench press. His vertical and broad jump measurements were excellent and showed his explosion. At his pro day, Davis had another quality performance. He is a sleeper prospect who could be a big reward in the NFL.

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 30 April 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

Fromt nflscout.com "Davis could be a rush backer from the inside spot in the Jets 3-4. Can help cover Patriots TEs Hernandez and Gronkowski"

just from various scouting reports. I had to look him up. honestly i didn't know crap about the guy. Out of everyone we drafted the only one i studied up on was hill.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

just from various scouting reports. I had to look him up. honestly i didn't know crap about the guy. Out of everyone we drafted the only one i studied up on was hill.

No one knows anything about him because anyone with any type of life doesn't watch the Sun Belt.

#7 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Overall Grade A- (not an average) Would have been an A if it wasn't for the reach in the 3rd round on davis.

My problem with our draft is that we have two glaring needs that didn't get addressed. That is OLB, and RT (And can throw safety in there because I'm not sure who our starting free safety is right now). and we took players that may be good, but don't fill those glaring immediate needs.

at DE we have devito who i really like and wilkerson who we just drafted last year. I thought we were ok at DE. Of course if Coples is as good as Rex thinks he is, then it will be a great pick but I think that was a pick that could have gone to another position in more need.

I like the hill pick. I'm ok with the Davis pick but probably would have liked us to go RT there because we need a starter immediately there. The fact that we are going into this season with hunter at RT again is beyond my comprehension.

I give our draft a C+ because there seems to be alot of boom or bust. but if some of these guys reach their potential it can be an A draft

#8 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

View Posttriple3s, on 30 April 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

My problem with our draft is that we have two glaring needs that didn't get addressed. That is OLB, and RT (And can throw safety in there because I'm not sure who our starting free safety is right now). and we took players that may be good, but don't fill those glaring immediate needs.

at DE we have devito who i really like and wilkerson who we just drafted last year. I thought we were ok at DE. Of course if Coples is as good as Rex thinks he is, then it will be a great pick but I think that was a pick that could have gone to another position in more need.

I like the hill pick. I'm ok with the Davis pick but probably would have liked us to go RT there because we need a starter immediately there. The fact that we are going into this season with hunter at RT again is beyond my comprehension.

I give our draft a C+ because there seems to be alot of boom or bust. but if some of these guys reach their potential it can be an A draft

The oline depth and performance last year was very poor
Also bill Callahan is no longer coaching

I don't see how the line will improve this year
This probably deserves a topic all on its own
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

View Posttriple3s, on 30 April 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

I thought about that too but then i thought its nto about the OLB position as a whole. its about the amount of pressure we can generator without blitzing (3 lineman and 1 LBer rushing only) I love devito but he isn't a pass rusher. neither is wilkerson. If coples can get sacks and take on 2 blockers every play and pohua takes on 2 blockers and wilkerson takes a blocker that leaves the LBer ruhsing against a TE or safety. Also maybin is a wildcard. he might break out for us. Rex watches the film and maybe he thought the lack of pressure was due to the d-line more then the OLBs. also on passing down I expect to see coples playing as a 5th d-lineman which is essentially the way we used pace and maybin last year. I did want massie in the 3rd but i guess the jets really like davis. Also I know vlad has sucked so far but he was a 2nd round pick. maybe he is ready to start soon?

View Postsantana, on 30 April 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

The oline depth and performance last year was very poor
Also bill Callahan is no longer coaching

I don't see how the line will improve this year
This probably deserves a topic all on its own

the big o-line issue last year was RT (not addresed) and lack of depth when mangold went down (not addressed) but were set at LG, C, and LT for a long time and at RG for a year or so more. we only need depth and a RT. plus remember june cuts will come around. maybe they will sign a proven vet? the off season isn't over yet
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

View Posttriple3s, on 30 April 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

I hear what you're saying, but I think that the Jets feel like they can fix the OLB spot in-house. We have Maybin, Pace, BT and Ricky Sapp all competing for snaps. Granted that's not exactly murderers row, but if Maybin continues to build on last year and keeps the weight he's added on in the off season, he can be special. I have a feeling that the FO wants to make sure we're not overlooking existing players and spending high picks on guys that will take their snaps away. Coples was clearly BPA on the Jets board. I like MDV as much as anyone, but he has his limitations. Coples has the potential to be a Mario Williams-type rusher (double digit sacks from the 5 technique) and there's no way you pass on that.

The RT is a tricky situation. For starters, Hunter is guaranteed starter money. Ducasse is a high draft pick. There's a lot of pressure to turn either one of them into a serviceable starter. Hunter earned his contract in the playoffs in 2010, where he was as good as anyone. Whether he had a down year last year or is a total bum who got hot for 2 months and cashed in will be determined in camp. Ducasse was always a project and missing camp and OTAs last year while getting shuffled between RG and RT didnt help his learning curve. Him and Hunter will battle it out in OTAs and if come end of camp we still have a hole, then we will sign a cheap vet.

#11 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 30 April 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

They think he can cover tight ends. I wouldn't be surprised if the main reason they drafted him was their belief that he can cover the TE effectively. Think about it - he is bigger than any safety and runs as fast. Gronkowski eats small safeties for breakfast. If Davis can cover the TE than we have someone special. I don't believe he was brought in to replace Scott. I think the Jets are going to be very unconventional on defense.

Also, the draft ratings should consider Tebow - good or bad. After all, we traded our draft pick for him so he should be part of the assessment.

If we were able to trade all of our draft choices except the 7th round for Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, Clay Matthews and Woodsen, would some draft guru say we scored an F for the draft because we only came away with one fat, slow G?

#12 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

Running fast and being able to play in coverage don't have this much in common.

So sick of hearing "He ran a great 40, he's going to cover TE's"

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 30 April 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

It helps to have speed.

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

View Postchocomag, on 30 April 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

They think he can cover tight ends. I wouldn't be surprised if the main reason they drafted him was their belief that he can cover the TE effectively. Think about it - he is bigger than any safety and runs as fast. Gronkowski eats small safeties for breakfast. If Davis can cover the TE than we have someone special. I don't believe he was brought in to replace Scott. I think the Jets are going to be very unconventional on defense.

Also, the draft ratings should consider Tebow - good or bad. After all, we traded our draft pick for him so he should be part of the assessment.

If we were able to trade all of our draft choices except the 7th round for Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, Clay Matthews and Woodsen, would some draft guru say we scored an F for the draft because we only came away with one fat, slow G?

View PostJetsman05, on 30 April 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

like i said honestly I have no clue. never saw him play or anything. never studied him or watched anything. remember boss baily? fast has hell LBer but sucked. this guy could be trash. honestly i'm so happy with the 1st 2 picks the rest of the draft if we get anything out of it is gravy. I have visions of hill burning defenses and coples throwing LTs aside to kill brady. the 3rd round LBer to me is icing on the cake if anything. if he doesn't make it through camp i still love this draft
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

The Jets said they were going to use him on sub packages to help bring more speed and coverage ability. And the breakdown of him said he could cover. I don't get why people are giving the pick a bad grade when he actually does fill a need and the Jets love him. A lot of people felt like he was a underrated prospect and one draft site I go to gave him a 3rd round grade. We desperately needed to add another ILB, Bart Scott has been declining and he won't be back after the season.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 30 April 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

The Jets said they were going to use him on sub packages to help bring more speed and coverage ability. And the breakdown of him said he could cover. I don't get why people are giving the pick a bad grade when he actually does fill a need and the Jets love him. A lot of people felt like he was a underrated prospect and one draft site I go to gave him a 3rd round grade. We desperately needed to add another ILB, Bart Scott has been declining and he won't be back after the season.

its the ghost of anthony schlegal
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

its the ghost of anthony schlegal

Now that pick was just dumb... Davis actually has NFL talent.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 30 April 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Now that pick was just dumb... Davis actually has NFL talent.

mangini era had some bad picks and TB sucked
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 30 April 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

I hear what you're saying, but I think that the Jets feel like they can fix the OLB spot in-house. We have Maybin, Pace, BT and Ricky Sapp all competing for snaps. Granted that's not exactly murderers row, but if Maybin continues to build on last year and keeps the weight he's added on in the off season, he can be special. I have a feeling that the FO wants to make sure we're not overlooking existing players and spending high picks on guys that will take their snaps away. Coples was clearly BPA on the Jets board. I like MDV as much as anyone, but he has his limitations. Coples has the potential to be a Mario Williams-type rusher (double digit sacks from the 5 technique) and there's no way you pass on that.

The RT is a tricky situation. For starters, Hunter is guaranteed starter money. Ducasse is a high draft pick. There's a lot of pressure to turn either one of them into a serviceable starter. Hunter earned his contract in the playoffs in 2010, where he was as good as anyone. Whether he had a down year last year or is a total bum who got hot for 2 months and cashed in will be determined in camp. Ducasse was always a project and missing camp and OTAs last year while getting shuffled between RG and RT didnt help his learning curve. Him and Hunter will battle it out in OTAs and if come end of camp we still have a hole, then we will sign a cheap vet.

you guys are going to die from holding your breath as you wait for Ducasse to be something. That guy is terrible. I've honestly seen enough of him. Maybe Hunter can get there but last year I just saw a guy who didnt' have the quickness and reaction time to play full time. I don't know if thats something you can coach up.

As far as the OLB's. Maybin is our biggest asset. Pace and BT are fading fast to me. we'll see though. taking BPA in the draft sometimes is much better than drafting for need, so maybe it will work out.

#20 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

I thought about that too but then i thought its nto about the OLB position as a whole. its about the amount of pressure we can generator without blitzing (3 lineman and 1 LBer rushing only) I love devito but he isn't a pass rusher. neither is wilkerson. If coples can get sacks and take on 2 blockers every play and pohua takes on 2 blockers and wilkerson takes a blocker that leaves the LBer ruhsing against a TE or safety. Also maybin is a wildcard. he might break out for us. Rex watches the film and maybe he thought the lack of pressure was due to the d-line more then the OLBs. also on passing down I expect to see coples playing as a 5th d-lineman which is essentially the way we used pace and maybin last year. I did want massie in the 3rd but i guess the jets really like davis. Also I know vlad has sucked so far but he was a 2nd round pick. maybe he is ready to start soon?

the big o-line issue last year was RT (not addresed) and lack of depth when mangold went down (not addressed) but were set at LG, C, and LT for a long time and at RG for a year or so more. we only need depth and a RT. plus remember june cuts will come around. maybe they will sign a proven vet? the off season isn't over yet

I would have been satisfied with getting Massie. Vlad is a bust. the sooner we accept that, the sooner we can move on. I'm not totally mad at the Davis pick because Scott is on a decline and also I feel that he will play this year to keep Scott Fresh/ and also be a better pass defender than Scott. That may work out well for us.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users