NYJetsFan.com Forums: Chandler Jones Thought He'd Be A Jet - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:44 PM) I hope Geno has his shit together when we beat the CHEATriots in a few weeks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:44 PM) that is an insult
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:45 PM) kick this door down KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:45 PM) no FG
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 PM) TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) that was a fumble recovered by KC in the endzone ... TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) FIRE IDZIK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:51 PM) TY KC
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:52 PM) THAT IS A BIG ASS FB
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) if shit had gone our way we'd be 3-1 right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) what a bummer
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) :ranting3:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) INT TD KANSAS CITY!!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) we need to start doing that shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) our D needs to start making shit like that happen
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Chandler Jones Thought He'd Be A Jet

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

Chandler Jones thought he'd be a Jet http://espn.go.com/b...ht-hed-be-a-jet

In the "Patriots All-Access" program airing Friday night on WBZ-TV in Boston, first-round draft choice Chandler Jones is interviewed by Scott Zolak. He is asked when things started to heat up for him in the NFL draft.

That's when Jones revealed he thought he'd be landing with a different AFC East team.

"Around 15 through 20. My agent was telling me, 'The Jets are getting ready to get you. The Jets called me. They're going to draft you.' So I am sitting here waiting. They were still on the clock and my phone didn't ring," Jones told Zolak.

The Jets, at No. 16, wound up selecting North Carolina defensive end/outside linebacker Quinton Coples.

About 30 minutes later, when Bill Belichick called to congratulate Jones on becoming a member of the Patriots, Jones said words couldn't describe how he felt.

This type of scenario happens often in the NFL, with teams telling players they have plans to draft them, before ultimately going in another direction. And there is always the possibility that something gets lost in translation in communications between teams, agents and players.

But nonetheless, this will be something interesting to follow in the years to come.

The Patriots and Jets, fierce rivals who meet twice a season, both selected defensive end/outside linebackers in the first round. The Jets had their choice and went with Coples. That opened the door for the Patriots to trade up to No. 21 for Jones, who thought he was going to the Jets.

Fun stuff.

http://espn.go.com/b...ht-hed-be-a-jet

#2 User is online   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

Not really sure that Chandler Jones is going to hold a grudge that is greater than the normal sense of rivalry between Pats and Jets players because of this. I think there's been a bit of journalistic licence used to make this into a story.
Teams picking in the middle of the first are bound to have told at least two players that they're 'their guy' given that who is available to that specific team is wholly dependent on those selecting before. And with the frenetic nature of the draft now - that teams only have ten minutes to choose (a third less time than just a few years ago) is significant - there are going to be players told a team will take them and end up slipping past that pick because there is so much for GMs, scouting directors and head coaches to do. There's fielding calls regarding trades, adjusting draft boards, discussing trades or potential risks in a pick, which are all more important than ringing a kid's agent to inform him of their interest.

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Dang! tough deal.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users