NYJetsFan.com Forums: Roster Dept. : Who Will Make The Team ? ? ? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

COME ON JETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:57 PM) see how badly we got screwed now, got nothing...
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:57 PM) CMON OL WTF
greenandwhit... Icon : (Today, 08:59 PM) at least it didn't get turned over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:59 PM) CMON D!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:59 PM) even Tirico thinks it was a JETS TD that got taken off the board
santana Icon : (Today, 09:03 PM) Way too early of a whistle
santana Icon : (Today, 09:03 PM) SAVE US WILBER
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:04 PM) okay fuck these refs
NYJETS4LIFE Icon : (Today, 09:04 PM) Refs have not helped NYJETS at all with the bogus pass interference call, wack roughing the pass call and the early whistle on the fumble TD return
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:04 PM) i hope Rex rips them apart in the presser tonight, fine be damned
santana Icon : (Today, 09:09 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...eningAngwantibo
santana Icon : (Today, 09:09 PM) besides the refs
santana Icon : (Today, 09:09 PM) that is still an issue
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:11 PM) yeah Geno still needs to sort his stuff out
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:11 PM) he's gotten lucky tonight
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:11 PM) well aside from that pick 6
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:11 PM) That is pulling a Sanchez, just awful
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:14 PM) Marshall is back
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:14 PM) try to hit his ankle more
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:17 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:17 PM) TD nullified
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:18 PM) CMON D!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:19 PM) nice shoestring tackle by AA
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:19 PM) CMON D!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:19 PM) that was too easy WTF
santana Icon : (Today, 09:20 PM) Antonio Allen doing pretty good
santana Icon : (Today, 09:20 PM) he seems over whelmed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:20 PM) blown coverage
santana Icon : (Today, 09:20 PM) but still making moves
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:20 PM) 2 possession game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:20 PM) we need to answer with 7
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:21 PM) Cut that bum, that was bad
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:21 PM) who blew that? Pryor?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:21 PM) fucking hell Jets
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:21 PM) wtf do they do in the locker room during the half?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:21 PM) this is over, if we had gotten that TD and were up 20-17 it may have been different. Rex keeps blitzing even though Cutler is shredding it
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:22 PM) "we started poorly in the first. let's try that again in the third!"
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:22 PM) Phillip Adams blew that, hes garbage
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:22 PM) rex has too. jets got no corners that can keep up.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 09:22 PM) Double coverage on the guy without the ball.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:23 PM) idzik screwed up this offseason by not signing a decent cb
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:23 PM) no depth and a dude who's a fragile china doll
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:23 PM) blitzing is leaving CBs 1 on 1 and we don't have the corners for that
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:24 PM) The Bears WRs are really good, all big guys who dominate 1 on 1
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 09:24 PM) Can anyone remember the last special teams play that went over 50 yrds ? Me neiter..
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Roster Dept. : Who Will Make The Team ? ? ?

#1 User is offline   kelly Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:jets , yankees , knicks , travel , surfin' ( the SO-CAL babyee ! ).

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

Who Will Make the Team ?

An article from the Daily News expands on some tweets Mehta made that we discussed earlier in the week. Let's do a little analysis of our draft picks and Rex Ryan's words and see if we can't make some educated guesses about who will be on the team for the 2012-13 NFL season.
Who is in?

DE Quinton Coples :
This one is self-explanatory. The prospective talent with tremendous upside will be with us for a bare minimum of a year, probably much longer. Rex disclosed that Coples is as good as a starter as of right now, however he also implied that Coples will not be an every-down defensive player.

WR Stephen Hill :
Another new Jet that Rex suggests will start right away. Hill is one of several players the Jets drafted with experience in an option offense in school. Hill may be raw but it appears as though he was specifically drafted due to an ability to play for either of the Jets top QB's, something Rex denies.

RB Terrance Ganaway :
Mark my words, Ganaway is a 6th Round steal and he is a superior back to Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight, and he will almost certainly either replace one of the inferior backs, or just join the fray as a 4th back.

OLB Demario Davis:
Rex and the FO seem very high on this guy, so I'm counting on him being around for the near future.

OL Robert T. Griffin:
I predict that the other RG will find a spot on the team as a Jets backup lineman. He's large and promising and was quite productive late in his college career. T. Griffin is not going to take the line back to its roots, but he does have solid depth written all over him.

VP of College Scouting Joey Clinkscales:
The same report from Mehta and the Daily News says that any reports that Clinkscales will be leaving the Jets for the Raiders are false.

RT Wayne Hunter:
Ryan has all but declared Hunter the starter for this season at RT. We're stuck with him.

- - Who could be gone ?

LB Bart Scott: Rex Ryan had this to say of new talent OLB Davis:

"He reminded me of a young Bart Scott," Ryan said.Ouch. Not what I would want to hear if I was an embattled and overpaid LB whose future with the team was seriously called into question from before Davis was even selected. Bart Scott may very well stay on the team through the 2012 season, but his long term future with the team is bleak.

FB John Conner:
I'm personally disappointed that Conner has surfaced as a potential causality of the new Sparano offense. Rex and the media have called into question whether or not Conner (and a true FB in general) has a place on the Jets right now. Nothing is written in stone, Mike T had this to say :

"We still think John will be here... Hes on the team for now, obviously," Tannenbaum said.

RB Bilal Powell:
My gut says Ganaway takes his roster spot, but they could always opt to move someone else, like Joe McKnight.

DE Mike DeVito:
Rex Ryan directly said that he no longer is sure about the role DeVito will play on the Jets with the drafting of Coples. Working in DeVito's favor are already being paid a roster bonus, and the fact that Coples may not be an every down defender.

Who do you think has a good chance of making the team ?

Who do you think is dead weight now ?

> http://www.ganggreen...l-make-the-team
i ♥ u guys ..hey !..HEY ! ! ! you can come up now...
Posted Image
....we've actually WON some games ! ..For Real ! !

cheers ~ ~
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Coples is not an everydown defender? HUH?

#3 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

View Postkelly, on 05 May 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

RB Terrance Ganaway :
he will almost certainly either replace one of the inferior backs, or just join the fray as a 4th back.

OL Robert T. Griffin:
I predict that the other RG will find a spot on the team as a Jets backup lineman.

These are some astute analyses
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

After Pitoitua's release I think DeVito is guaranteed a roster spot. Release him as well and we're left with not a lot else at DE. Plus if he's let go you know he's the type of player the Pats will pick up and use effectively.

Interesting stuff about John Conner and his job security. Personally I think he's had a relatively easy ride so far - the whole 'Terminator' hype during Hard Knocks has allowed him to get by. And his play at FB has not been overly impressive. He's still at an age where he can develop though.

#5 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Dumb
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   kelly Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Interests:jets , yankees , knicks , travel , surfin' ( the SO-CAL babyee ! ).

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

" . . . Ryan has all but declared Hunter the starter for this season at RT. We're stuck with him. . . "

~ ~ NOT good :vava:

cheers ~ ~
:drinks:
i ♥ u guys ..hey !..HEY ! ! ! you can come up now...
Posted Image
....we've actually WON some games ! ..For Real ! !

cheers ~ ~
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users