NYJetsFan.com Forums: Revis - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Revis holdout talk again

#1 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Three weeks after claiming he's happy with his contract, New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis fueled a new round of speculation Thursday by refusing to guarantee he will report for the start of training camp.

"I don't know," Revis said after the Jets' OTA practice, becoming testy. "That's all I'm telling you. I don't know if I am or I'm not."
Coach Rex Ryan said he expects Revis to be in Cortland, N.Y., on July 26, reporting day.

"I think Revis will be, yes," said Ryan, who declined to elaborate on the matter.

This has been an on-again, off-again issue since April, when Revis told reporters he might not show up for training camp. He has done it before -- he missed the 2010 preseason because of an acrimonious holdout -- and another potential conflict seemed to be gaining momentum.

Revis has two years and $13.5 million remaining on the contract he renegotiated two years ago. He earned $32.5 million over the first two years of the deal, with sources indicating he wants to maintain that average over a new, long-term contract.

But Revis recently downplayed his desire for a new contract, saying he's "cool" with his current deal.

"I signed it two years ago," Revis said. "I'm not unhappy about nothing."

The Jets appear dead-set against giving Revis a new deal, so it's quite possible the All-Pro cornerback had abandoned his hope for another renegotiation.

Then came Thursday.

"Here we go with the contract questions," Revis said, smiling. "I'm here and I'll be playing. I'm getting ready for this season; that's all I can do. Anything with my contract, we'll deal with that in the future. Right now, I have to get prepared for this year."
When asked if the contract matter is history, Revis bristled, saying he already had made his feelings clear.

"Whatever you want to write, I'm telling you I'm getting ready for the season," he said. "If something lingers, you'll find out. It'll be in the papers."

Asked point-blank if he'll show up on Day One of training camp in late July, Revis turned non-committal. He declined to explain why.

"Why do I have to answer that?" he asked.

The two sides tried to hammer out a long-term contract two summers ago, eventually settling for a one-year extension on top of the three years that remained on his rookie deal. The new package was worth $46 million over four years.

At the time, it was described as a "Band-Aid" contract, with the two sides agreeing to pursue a long-term deal at a later date. When that later date may be is the sticking point.

The current contract includes a clause that prohibits the Jets from using the franchise tag. It also includes a provision that seemingly would dissuade Revis from holding out. If he's a no-show for training camp, it triggers a three-year extension, through 2016, at relatively modest salaries.

Ryan has said on many occasions that Revis and Deion Sanders are the best cornerbacks he's ever seen, and that Revis is a sure-fire Hall of Famer. On Thursday, Ryan made light of the comparison, suggesting Revis should be paid like Sanders -- knowing, of course, that salaries have increased since Deion's playing days.

"What I'm saying is, Deion Sanders made X amount of dollars, so Revis, sign that contract," Ryan said. "Go ahead and negotiate it now. I think that's being fair."

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

He'll be in camp. He'll be stupid no to. The Jets own him if he holds out again.

#3 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

This has been an ongoing story since the only question the media will ask him is about holding out. So much for integrity.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

The Jets have done a good job of toning it down this offseason. The media is going crazy. First, they beat the Sanchez/Tebow drum to the point that everyone's ears are bleeding. Now, with no new Tim Tebow news and Sachez getting all the 1st team QB reps (and McElroy stealing some 2nd team reps), they turn to Revis.

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Yeah idk what will happen, its something we know Revis isn't afraid of doing. But there was reports that said the feeling was with Revis and his people that they don't think a deal will get done this year and that he'll just play this year. Then Revis' comments today get you nervous, there have been no reports that the Jets have been talking with Revis people about getting a extension done. IDK, hopefully he shows up to camp, we really don't need him holding out again. I think this teamc could have a good season.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:30 AM

"Here we go with the contract questions," Revis said, smiling.

If he's a no-show for training camp, it triggers a three-year extension, through 2016, at relatively modest salaries.

The only people talking holdout is the media. If he holds out and enacts the extension then Tanny won't budge. He had 2 years on his deal and Tanny really didn't want to give Revis a new contract(if you remember from Hard Knocks). If he has 5 years on his deal(assuming holdout extension) then Revis' only option would be if he were to get traded. Frankly, I don't think even a team like the Redskins would give a new deal to Revis in addition to whatever boatload of compensation they would have to give the Jets.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

View PostMoMilk1991, on 01 June 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

[/size][/font][/color]The only people talking holdout is the media. If he holds out and enacts the extension then Tanny won't budge. He had 2 years on his deal and Tanny really didn't want to give Revis a new contract(if you remember from Hard Knocks). If he has 5 years on his deal(assuming holdout extension) then Revis' only option would be if he were to get traded. Frankly, I don't think even a team like the Redskins would give a new deal to Revis in addition to whatever boatload of compensation they would have to give the Jets.

The kicker is, in the holdout clause, it says that if he holdsout "through 2013" which means that we don't have to worry about this until 2014.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users