NYJetsFan.com Forums: Johan Santana Is The Greatest Santana - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:10 AM) anyone have a stream for the preseaosn agme by chance?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:23 AM) preseason or not, our offense hasn't looked competent in a while like it does this year. our rushing attack should be very good. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory could be a dynamic duo
santana Icon : (Today, 10:14 AM) http://youtu.be/2X0H709cJkA
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Johan Santana Is The Greatest Santana

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 213
  • Joined: 24-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamilton, Ontario
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

Only took the Mets half a century to get it. Even the Blue Jays have one. Welcome to the club.
:victory:
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,987
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:41 AM




LOL at the fan running out onto the field joining them, wearing a #8 Gary Carter jersey
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 02 June 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

LOL at the fan running out onto the field joining them, wearing a #8 Gary Carter jersey


Totally worth it. When Collins came out to the mound in the 8th, I thought there was going to be a riot if he puller Johan.
0

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

View Postcanuckfan, on 02 June 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

Only took the Mets half a century to get it. Even the Blue Jays have one. Welcome to the club.
:victory:


Please, no-hitters are like a dime a dozen in the AL. You know those DHs swing at anything.
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,987
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

And if the ump didn't call a fair ball a foul, then there wouldn't have been a no hitter. :saythat:

Posted Image
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 02 June 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

And if the ump didn't call a fair ball a foul, then there wouldn't have been a no hitter. :saythat:

Posted Image


Well well... If it isn't the pot calling Jeffrey Maier black.
0

#8 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 213
  • Joined: 24-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamilton, Ontario
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 02 June 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Please, no-hitters are like a dime a dozen in the AL. You know those DHs swing at anything.


Lemme give you a big FAIL for logic. So in the NL, where 1/9th of the lineup doesn't even know one end of the bat from another it's HARDER to get 27 outs whereas in the AL where presumably EVERYONE in the lineup knows how to handle a bat it's EASIER??????? Besides, the ball over 3rd base hit the line and therefore was a FAIR ball. Pretty chintzy no-hitter. I guess when you have to wait half-a-century for something then you will take it any way you can even if it is a bit skunky.

:hysterical:
0

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

View Postcanuckfan, on 02 June 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Lemme give you a big FAIL for logic. So in the NL, where 1/9th of the lineup doesn't even know one end of the bat from another it's HARDER to get 27 outs whereas in the AL where presumably EVERYONE in the lineup knows how to handle a bat it's EASIER??????? Besides, the ball over 3rd base hit the line and therefore was a FAIR ball. Pretty chintzy no-hitter. I guess when you have to wait half-a-century for something then you will take it any way you can even if it is a bit skunky.

:hysterical:


Give yourself a big fail for sarcasm detection.
0

#10 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 213
  • Joined: 24-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamilton, Ontario
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 02 June 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Give yourself a big fail for sarcasm detection.


Just funnin' with ya Lenny is all. :rolleyes:
0

#11 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,765
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

I can't remember who was arguing with me about Santana not making a come back in the shoutbox when the season was about to be underway
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,987
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

View Postsantana, on 03 June 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

I can't remember who was arguing with me about Santana not making a come back in the shoutbox when the season was about to be underway

I didn't say he wouldn't make a comeback and be good, I was just arguing that he won't be the pitcher he was with the Twins. He will never be that guy again, he doesn't throw hard enough to be that guy.

He has been good so far this year, but its only June 3rd, maybe he will break down in the 2nd half as he puts more innings on his shoulder. He hasn't pitched a full season since 2008.

If he was up for trade, I would be nervous if the Yankees were to trade for him. That he might breakdown again, especially with the Yankees recent luck of acquiring pitchers and then having them blow out their shoulder never pitching for the team. Pedro Feliciano from last season and Michael Pineda this year.
Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 June 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

I didn't say he wouldn't make a comeback and be good, I was just arguing that he won't be the pitcher he was with the Twins. He will never be that guy again, he doesn't throw hard enough to be that guy.

He has been good so far this year, but its only June 3rd, maybe he will break down in the 2nd half as he puts more innings on his shoulder. He hasn't pitched a full season since 2008.

If he was up for trade, I would be nervous if the Yankees were to trade for him. That he might breakdown again, especially with the Yankees recent luck of acquiring pitchers and then having them blow out their shoulder never pitching for the team. Pedro Feliciano from last season and Michael Pineda this year.


LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Santana is just now getting into the groove. In spring training, he was saying that he wouldn't be 100% before June 1st... and on June 1st he threw a no hitter. His shoulder is only going to get stronger. Right now, he's untradable while the Mets are in the thick of things. It would literally take 2 of the Yankees top prospects to peel Santana away.

We ran Feliciano into the ground. The guy was pitching every day for us. Keith and Gary would question him coming into games for the last 3 months of the season. He was bound to break down. Happened to watch the end of the Tigers game last night... how sweet it is that the Yankees have no closer.
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,987
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 03 June 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Santana is just now getting into the groove. In spring training, he was saying that he wouldn't be 100% before June 1st... and on June 1st he threw a no hitter. His shoulder is only going to get stronger. Right now, he's untradable while the Mets are in the thick of things. It would literally take 2 of the Yankees top prospects to peel Santana away.

We ran Feliciano into the ground. The guy was pitching every day for us. Keith and Gary would question him coming into games for the last 3 months of the season. He was bound to break down. Happened to watch the end of the Tigers game last night... how sweet it is that the Yankees have no closer.


I don't see how its impossible to think that he could break down in the 2nd half, he hasn't pitched a full season since 2008... The Yankees wouldn't trade 2 top prospects for Santana, especially with how much hes making. I rather throw 20+ mil a year on Cole Hamels in the offseason who is a lot younger. Yankees are on a budget right now, they are trying to get their payroll under 189 mil by 2014 so that they don't have to pay the luxury tax that they would be required to under the new CBA.

And last nights game wasn't a closer situation, so idk what that comment is about. Yeah we are down our 2 best RP with Mo and Robertson on the DL. But Soriano was a all star closer on the Rays in 2010, hes 7-7 in save situations so far and has a 1.89 ERA.

The Mets are the one without a closer, Frank Francisco has a 6.10 ERA. The Yankees bullpen is still top 5 in baseball, that shows you the depth the have.
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,765
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

oh ok for some reason i thought it was 0099 i was talking with in the shoutbox
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#16 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 June 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

I don't see how its impossible to think that he could break down in the 2nd half, he hasn't pitched a full season since 2008... The Yankees wouldn't trade 2 top prospects for Santana, especially with how much hes making. I rather throw 20+ mil a year on Cole Hamels in the offseason who is a lot younger. Yankees are on a budget right now, they are trying to get their payroll under 189 mil by 2014 so that they don't have to pay the luxury tax that they would be required to under the new CBA.

And last nights game wasn't a closer situation, so idk what that comment is about. Yeah we are down our 2 best RP with Mo and Robertson on the DL. But Soriano was a all star closer on the Rays in 2010, hes 7-7 in save situations so far and has a 1.89 ERA.

The Mets are the one without a closer, Frank Francisco has a 6.10 ERA. The Yankees bullpen is still top 5 in baseball, that shows you the depth the have.


The Yankees are going get off that budget in a hurry this offseason because they can't stand being the 3rd best team in the division. It's either Top FAs or Cashman gets a pink slip, what do you think he'll do? Santana is a first ballot HOFer who still got plenty of gas in the tank. The Yankees can go chase Hamels... it'll be Cliff Lee all over again.

Frank Frank hasn't allowed a run in like 2 weeks. You don't watch the Mets, you just google stats. After his blowup against the Blue Jays, he's been perfect.
0

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,987
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Francisco has been shaky his entire career, I wouldn't want him as my teams closer. The Mets bullpen is dead last in baseball right now. The Yankees problems this year have been lack of clutch hitting and SP. I think David Robertson will be back soon, they said that Brett Gardner will be returning this week vs the Mets.
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 June 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Francisco has been shaky his entire career, I wouldn't want him as my teams closer. The Mets bullpen is dead last in baseball right now. The Yankees problems this year have been lack of clutch hitting and SP. I think David Robertson will be back soon, they said that Brett Gardner will be returning this week vs the Mets.


Our BP has been weighted down by Acosta. We have Mejia coming back and the Mets can't keep Harvey in AAA any longer. He's going to be with the big league club and take someone's rotation spot. Whoever that will be, will go to the pen.

Yea, the Yankees can't hit and cant pitch... which is why they'll abandon their budget sooner rather than later and go back to trying to buy pennants.
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,987
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

The Yankees aren't run by George anymore. Hal doesn't get involved as much and its his budget, he doesn't feel like paying a large luxury tax to those small market teams.

The Yankees can hit, they just have struggled with RISP. But its only June 3rd, they should improve. The main thing with the SP is Hughes and Nova struggling. Hughes besides the Angels game has been pitching better lately, had a great start today. They lead the league in HR given up, hanging pitches and in part to where they pitch.

You talk like the standings in June is what it will be in September. Just last season we saw 2 teams have epic collapses in September with the Braves and Red Sox. The Orioles are 3-10 in their last 13 games. The Yankees have been playing better since Cashman had a meeting with them. Went 6-3 on this road trip.
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 June 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

The Yankees aren't run by George anymore. Hal doesn't get involved as much and its his budget, he doesn't feel like paying a large luxury tax to those small market teams.

The Yankees can hit, they just have struggled with RISP. But its only June 3rd, they should improve. The main thing with the SP is Hughes and Nova struggling. Hughes besides the Angels game has been pitching better lately, had a great start today. They lead the league in HR given up, hanging pitches and in part to where they pitch.

You talk like the standings in June is what it will be in September. Just last season we saw 2 teams have epic collapses in September with the Braves and Red Sox. The Orioles are 3-10 in their last 13 games. The Yankees have been playing better since Cashman had a meeting with them. Went 6-3 on this road trip.


The Yankees struggle because all of their players, past and present and all their fans are f*****s.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users