NYJetsFan.com Forums: Johan Santana Is The Greatest Santana - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Lee lee lee lee lee lee lee Lee la la lee le lee leeeee
MikeGangGree... Icon : (05 June 2016 - 09:43 PM) In other news the NBA finals is like A NFL team Playing a college football team.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (06 June 2016 - 11:23 AM) line is in. jets are favorites for 5 games, pick for 2, and underdog for 9
MikeGangGree... Icon : (08 June 2016 - 04:56 PM) We play better as a underdog
santana Icon : (12 June 2016 - 03:54 PM) JETS JETS JETS
santana Icon : (13 June 2016 - 09:28 AM) Update on the #Jets situation with Ryan Fitzpatrick: Nothing. … Just nothing. Doesn't seem like things will change heading into minicamp.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 June 2016 - 10:39 AM) yeah every day i check for an update and every day, nothing
vjdbbq Icon : (14 June 2016 - 05:43 AM) Where's Rob and his ass ?
Mario Icon : (20 June 2016 - 06:21 PM) Any Jets fan in the Kansas city, Missouri area, that will be going to the game on the 25th of September?
vjdbbq Icon : (22 June 2016 - 07:29 AM) No Mario ; you will be there alone .
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 June 2016 - 07:15 PM) FIRE FITZPATRICK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 June 2016 - 12:00 PM) Sheldon Richardson suspended for 1 game for violating league substance abuse policy
ganggreen2003 Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:06 PM) The JETS shouldn't of signed wilkerson to such a big contract
ganggreen2003 Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:07 PM) he doesn't deserve $17 mil/year cause he is coming off an injury...he should of earned it by playing this year as the Franchise tag and then if he played lights out then you open the vault
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:21 PM) WOOOOOOOO
RetireChrebet Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:58 PM) How much guaranteed money? also does this mean hes here for 6 years since he's tagged? how does that work?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 July 2016 - 10:20 PM) Now cut that street thug Wilkerson!!
NJAzrael71 Icon : (16 July 2016 - 03:47 AM) 54 million guaranteed
NJAzrael71 Icon : (16 July 2016 - 03:48 AM) 54 guaranteed against injury but 37 in straight guaranteed money without injury
NJAzrael71 Icon : (16 July 2016 - 03:49 AM) Should've waited till after the season to see how he comes off the injury but I guess they figure he wouldn't have signed if they waited another year
vjdbbq Icon : (17 July 2016 - 07:32 PM) Where is ROB and his ass ?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 July 2016 - 10:27 AM) guess that means richardson is gone after this season. Maybe we can franchise and trade him
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 July 2016 - 08:52 AM) whos running fantasy football league this year? brotana?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (22 July 2016 - 10:25 AM) darron lee still isn't signed... greedy street thug lol
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2016 - 05:31 PM) Rich is under contract for next year and we used a team option for 17 already so he's a jet for 2 more year's for sure unless we trade him.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 July 2016 - 02:38 PM) We need to quit screwing around and sign Fitzpatrick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:34 AM) Jets salary cap situation is tough next season, gonna have to make adjustments
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:35 AM) the contract for Wilkerson is actually pretty good for both sides, after the first couple seasons nothing is guaranteed and they can cut him.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 AM) the jets probably should trade Richardson, hopefully he has a monster season and we have tons of leverage and deal him off for ransom
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 AM) Because we cannot afford to keep everyone on the DL
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Johan Santana Is The Greatest Santana

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 216
  • Joined: 24-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamilton, Ontario
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

Only took the Mets half a century to get it. Even the Blue Jays have one. Welcome to the club.
:victory:
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,136
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:41 AM




LOL at the fan running out onto the field joining them, wearing a #8 Gary Carter jersey
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 02 June 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

LOL at the fan running out onto the field joining them, wearing a #8 Gary Carter jersey


Totally worth it. When Collins came out to the mound in the 8th, I thought there was going to be a riot if he puller Johan.
0

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

View Postcanuckfan, on 02 June 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

Only took the Mets half a century to get it. Even the Blue Jays have one. Welcome to the club.
:victory:


Please, no-hitters are like a dime a dozen in the AL. You know those DHs swing at anything.
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,136
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

And if the ump didn't call a fair ball a foul, then there wouldn't have been a no hitter. :saythat:

Posted Image
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 02 June 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

And if the ump didn't call a fair ball a foul, then there wouldn't have been a no hitter. :saythat:

Posted Image


Well well... If it isn't the pot calling Jeffrey Maier black.
0

#8 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 216
  • Joined: 24-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamilton, Ontario
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 02 June 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Please, no-hitters are like a dime a dozen in the AL. You know those DHs swing at anything.


Lemme give you a big FAIL for logic. So in the NL, where 1/9th of the lineup doesn't even know one end of the bat from another it's HARDER to get 27 outs whereas in the AL where presumably EVERYONE in the lineup knows how to handle a bat it's EASIER??????? Besides, the ball over 3rd base hit the line and therefore was a FAIR ball. Pretty chintzy no-hitter. I guess when you have to wait half-a-century for something then you will take it any way you can even if it is a bit skunky.

:hysterical:
0

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

View Postcanuckfan, on 02 June 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Lemme give you a big FAIL for logic. So in the NL, where 1/9th of the lineup doesn't even know one end of the bat from another it's HARDER to get 27 outs whereas in the AL where presumably EVERYONE in the lineup knows how to handle a bat it's EASIER??????? Besides, the ball over 3rd base hit the line and therefore was a FAIR ball. Pretty chintzy no-hitter. I guess when you have to wait half-a-century for something then you will take it any way you can even if it is a bit skunky.

:hysterical:


Give yourself a big fail for sarcasm detection.
0

#10 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 216
  • Joined: 24-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamilton, Ontario
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 02 June 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Give yourself a big fail for sarcasm detection.


Just funnin' with ya Lenny is all. :rolleyes:
0

#11 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,979
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

I can't remember who was arguing with me about Santana not making a come back in the shoutbox when the season was about to be underway
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,136
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

View Postsantana, on 03 June 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

I can't remember who was arguing with me about Santana not making a come back in the shoutbox when the season was about to be underway

I didn't say he wouldn't make a comeback and be good, I was just arguing that he won't be the pitcher he was with the Twins. He will never be that guy again, he doesn't throw hard enough to be that guy.

He has been good so far this year, but its only June 3rd, maybe he will break down in the 2nd half as he puts more innings on his shoulder. He hasn't pitched a full season since 2008.

If he was up for trade, I would be nervous if the Yankees were to trade for him. That he might breakdown again, especially with the Yankees recent luck of acquiring pitchers and then having them blow out their shoulder never pitching for the team. Pedro Feliciano from last season and Michael Pineda this year.
Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 June 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

I didn't say he wouldn't make a comeback and be good, I was just arguing that he won't be the pitcher he was with the Twins. He will never be that guy again, he doesn't throw hard enough to be that guy.

He has been good so far this year, but its only June 3rd, maybe he will break down in the 2nd half as he puts more innings on his shoulder. He hasn't pitched a full season since 2008.

If he was up for trade, I would be nervous if the Yankees were to trade for him. That he might breakdown again, especially with the Yankees recent luck of acquiring pitchers and then having them blow out their shoulder never pitching for the team. Pedro Feliciano from last season and Michael Pineda this year.


LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Santana is just now getting into the groove. In spring training, he was saying that he wouldn't be 100% before June 1st... and on June 1st he threw a no hitter. His shoulder is only going to get stronger. Right now, he's untradable while the Mets are in the thick of things. It would literally take 2 of the Yankees top prospects to peel Santana away.

We ran Feliciano into the ground. The guy was pitching every day for us. Keith and Gary would question him coming into games for the last 3 months of the season. He was bound to break down. Happened to watch the end of the Tigers game last night... how sweet it is that the Yankees have no closer.
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,136
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 03 June 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Santana is just now getting into the groove. In spring training, he was saying that he wouldn't be 100% before June 1st... and on June 1st he threw a no hitter. His shoulder is only going to get stronger. Right now, he's untradable while the Mets are in the thick of things. It would literally take 2 of the Yankees top prospects to peel Santana away.

We ran Feliciano into the ground. The guy was pitching every day for us. Keith and Gary would question him coming into games for the last 3 months of the season. He was bound to break down. Happened to watch the end of the Tigers game last night... how sweet it is that the Yankees have no closer.


I don't see how its impossible to think that he could break down in the 2nd half, he hasn't pitched a full season since 2008... The Yankees wouldn't trade 2 top prospects for Santana, especially with how much hes making. I rather throw 20+ mil a year on Cole Hamels in the offseason who is a lot younger. Yankees are on a budget right now, they are trying to get their payroll under 189 mil by 2014 so that they don't have to pay the luxury tax that they would be required to under the new CBA.

And last nights game wasn't a closer situation, so idk what that comment is about. Yeah we are down our 2 best RP with Mo and Robertson on the DL. But Soriano was a all star closer on the Rays in 2010, hes 7-7 in save situations so far and has a 1.89 ERA.

The Mets are the one without a closer, Frank Francisco has a 6.10 ERA. The Yankees bullpen is still top 5 in baseball, that shows you the depth the have.
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,979
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

oh ok for some reason i thought it was 0099 i was talking with in the shoutbox
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#16 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 June 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

I don't see how its impossible to think that he could break down in the 2nd half, he hasn't pitched a full season since 2008... The Yankees wouldn't trade 2 top prospects for Santana, especially with how much hes making. I rather throw 20+ mil a year on Cole Hamels in the offseason who is a lot younger. Yankees are on a budget right now, they are trying to get their payroll under 189 mil by 2014 so that they don't have to pay the luxury tax that they would be required to under the new CBA.

And last nights game wasn't a closer situation, so idk what that comment is about. Yeah we are down our 2 best RP with Mo and Robertson on the DL. But Soriano was a all star closer on the Rays in 2010, hes 7-7 in save situations so far and has a 1.89 ERA.

The Mets are the one without a closer, Frank Francisco has a 6.10 ERA. The Yankees bullpen is still top 5 in baseball, that shows you the depth the have.


The Yankees are going get off that budget in a hurry this offseason because they can't stand being the 3rd best team in the division. It's either Top FAs or Cashman gets a pink slip, what do you think he'll do? Santana is a first ballot HOFer who still got plenty of gas in the tank. The Yankees can go chase Hamels... it'll be Cliff Lee all over again.

Frank Frank hasn't allowed a run in like 2 weeks. You don't watch the Mets, you just google stats. After his blowup against the Blue Jays, he's been perfect.
0

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,136
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Francisco has been shaky his entire career, I wouldn't want him as my teams closer. The Mets bullpen is dead last in baseball right now. The Yankees problems this year have been lack of clutch hitting and SP. I think David Robertson will be back soon, they said that Brett Gardner will be returning this week vs the Mets.
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 June 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Francisco has been shaky his entire career, I wouldn't want him as my teams closer. The Mets bullpen is dead last in baseball right now. The Yankees problems this year have been lack of clutch hitting and SP. I think David Robertson will be back soon, they said that Brett Gardner will be returning this week vs the Mets.


Our BP has been weighted down by Acosta. We have Mejia coming back and the Mets can't keep Harvey in AAA any longer. He's going to be with the big league club and take someone's rotation spot. Whoever that will be, will go to the pen.

Yea, the Yankees can't hit and cant pitch... which is why they'll abandon their budget sooner rather than later and go back to trying to buy pennants.
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,136
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

The Yankees aren't run by George anymore. Hal doesn't get involved as much and its his budget, he doesn't feel like paying a large luxury tax to those small market teams.

The Yankees can hit, they just have struggled with RISP. But its only June 3rd, they should improve. The main thing with the SP is Hughes and Nova struggling. Hughes besides the Angels game has been pitching better lately, had a great start today. They lead the league in HR given up, hanging pitches and in part to where they pitch.

You talk like the standings in June is what it will be in September. Just last season we saw 2 teams have epic collapses in September with the Braves and Red Sox. The Orioles are 3-10 in their last 13 games. The Yankees have been playing better since Cashman had a meeting with them. Went 6-3 on this road trip.
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 June 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

The Yankees aren't run by George anymore. Hal doesn't get involved as much and its his budget, he doesn't feel like paying a large luxury tax to those small market teams.

The Yankees can hit, they just have struggled with RISP. But its only June 3rd, they should improve. The main thing with the SP is Hughes and Nova struggling. Hughes besides the Angels game has been pitching better lately, had a great start today. They lead the league in HR given up, hanging pitches and in part to where they pitch.

You talk like the standings in June is what it will be in September. Just last season we saw 2 teams have epic collapses in September with the Braves and Red Sox. The Orioles are 3-10 in their last 13 games. The Yankees have been playing better since Cashman had a meeting with them. Went 6-3 on this road trip.


The Yankees struggle because all of their players, past and present and all their fans are f*****s.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users