NYJetsFan.com Forums: Johan Santana Is The Greatest Santana - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Bring something to the table!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 February 2015 - 12:09 PM) Saw that the Bills are meeting with Spiller and may sign him before FA.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 February 2015 - 12:10 PM) if that happens, I think the Jets should go after Shane Vereen. Nice pass catching option out of the backfield, only 25.
Smedsthejet Icon : (20 February 2015 - 04:06 PM) Think Vereen would be a great option...I thought he was one of their best and most valuable performers during the playoffs and we need a back who can contribute in the passing game as well. Jets have been missing that piece since LT retired
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 February 2015 - 01:41 PM) Mariota ran a 4.52
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 February 2015 - 01:41 PM) Fastest for a QB since RG3
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 February 2015 - 03:52 PM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (22 February 2015 - 04:46 PM) BREAKING NEWS: The New York JETS will be trading their #6 pick to Tampa Bay's #1 pick for a BAG of Shit and Darrelle Revis after he is signed in FA and sent back to Tampa Bay. - Source is Tom LaCanfora Glazer de la Menefee
santana Icon : (24 February 2015 - 03:18 PM) UEFA TIME
Chaos Icon : (25 February 2015 - 09:46 AM) http://seattle.sunti...-video-released
2JBallar01 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 04:54 PM) @RapSheet: The #Packers released LB AJ Hawk, their former first-round pick. It saves them $3.5M this year, which comes off their cap
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 05:13 PM) @AdamSchefter 58s59 seconds ago
Jaguars expected to hire former Jets GM John Idzik as a consultant, per source.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 06:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 06:52 PM) AJ Hawk getting cut means that the Packers are going to try real hard to lock up Cobb
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 06:52 PM) and the Lions released oft injured Reggie Bush
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 07:29 PM) The Packers had the cap space to lock up Cobb regardless
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 07:30 PM) But Bryan Bulaga is also a FA< so they have 2 important guys to re-sign. I think the OT is more important for Rodgers
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 09:17 PM) 22 days 21 hours 27 min till FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 10:06 PM) If we get rid of Harvin, Kevin White looks like a nice replacement.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 10:06 PM) 6'3 runs a 4.35 and had elite production in college
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 February 2015 - 03:38 PM) NOT SO BREAKING NEWS: WINTER SUCKS
santana Icon : (26 February 2015 - 03:41 PM) Lol Liverpool
santana Icon : (26 February 2015 - 03:42 PM) epl teams sucking ass this year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 February 2015 - 04:41 PM) The Jills are negotiating with Josh "Tears of" McCown
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 February 2015 - 07:24 PM) Now the Browns are trying to woo Josh "Tears of" McCown
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 February 2015 - 01:59 PM) please please let the browns get him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 February 2015 - 06:40 PM) The Browns have signed Josh "Tears of" McCown
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 February 2015 - 06:43 PM) YES!!
santana Icon : (28 February 2015 - 12:18 PM) ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini speculates free agent Michael Vick may draw some interest from the Ravens.
santana Icon : (28 February 2015 - 12:19 PM) vick stay here pls
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 05:18 PM) Sucks Anthony Mason died
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 05:19 PM) but Josh "Tears of" McCown is now a perennial loser going from Tampa Bay to Cleveland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 05:19 PM) going from one cesspool to another
santana Icon : (28 February 2015 - 09:46 PM) You realize the jets are in cesspool mode as well right?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) no we aren't
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) we are in good shape compared to those 2 other franchises
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) so I'm not even putting MY JETS in the same category as those lowly Tampa Bay Bucs and Cleveland Browns
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:53 AM) The Jets are a total cesspool
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:09 PM) FIRE TEH JETS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:27 PM) ALL TEH CAP SPACE
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:59 PM) NFL Expanding rosters from 53 to 55
santana Icon : (Today, 10:48 AM) yay more room for quarter backs
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:31 AM) McCourty wont be tagged neither will Cobb or Maclin
santana Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM) should get suh
santana Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM) just destroy olines
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:40 PM) Nah hell want more than vet minimum. Can't have that.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Johan Santana Is The Greatest Santana

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 215
  • Joined: 24-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamilton, Ontario
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

Only took the Mets half a century to get it. Even the Blue Jays have one. Welcome to the club.
:victory:
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,084
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:41 AM




LOL at the fan running out onto the field joining them, wearing a #8 Gary Carter jersey
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 02 June 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

LOL at the fan running out onto the field joining them, wearing a #8 Gary Carter jersey


Totally worth it. When Collins came out to the mound in the 8th, I thought there was going to be a riot if he puller Johan.
0

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

View Postcanuckfan, on 02 June 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

Only took the Mets half a century to get it. Even the Blue Jays have one. Welcome to the club.
:victory:


Please, no-hitters are like a dime a dozen in the AL. You know those DHs swing at anything.
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,084
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

And if the ump didn't call a fair ball a foul, then there wouldn't have been a no hitter. :saythat:

Posted Image
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 02 June 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

And if the ump didn't call a fair ball a foul, then there wouldn't have been a no hitter. :saythat:

Posted Image


Well well... If it isn't the pot calling Jeffrey Maier black.
0

#8 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 215
  • Joined: 24-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamilton, Ontario
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 02 June 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Please, no-hitters are like a dime a dozen in the AL. You know those DHs swing at anything.


Lemme give you a big FAIL for logic. So in the NL, where 1/9th of the lineup doesn't even know one end of the bat from another it's HARDER to get 27 outs whereas in the AL where presumably EVERYONE in the lineup knows how to handle a bat it's EASIER??????? Besides, the ball over 3rd base hit the line and therefore was a FAIR ball. Pretty chintzy no-hitter. I guess when you have to wait half-a-century for something then you will take it any way you can even if it is a bit skunky.

:hysterical:
0

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

View Postcanuckfan, on 02 June 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Lemme give you a big FAIL for logic. So in the NL, where 1/9th of the lineup doesn't even know one end of the bat from another it's HARDER to get 27 outs whereas in the AL where presumably EVERYONE in the lineup knows how to handle a bat it's EASIER??????? Besides, the ball over 3rd base hit the line and therefore was a FAIR ball. Pretty chintzy no-hitter. I guess when you have to wait half-a-century for something then you will take it any way you can even if it is a bit skunky.

:hysterical:


Give yourself a big fail for sarcasm detection.
0

#10 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 215
  • Joined: 24-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamilton, Ontario
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 02 June 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Give yourself a big fail for sarcasm detection.


Just funnin' with ya Lenny is all. :rolleyes:
0

#11 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,911
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

I can't remember who was arguing with me about Santana not making a come back in the shoutbox when the season was about to be underway
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,084
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

View Postsantana, on 03 June 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

I can't remember who was arguing with me about Santana not making a come back in the shoutbox when the season was about to be underway

I didn't say he wouldn't make a comeback and be good, I was just arguing that he won't be the pitcher he was with the Twins. He will never be that guy again, he doesn't throw hard enough to be that guy.

He has been good so far this year, but its only June 3rd, maybe he will break down in the 2nd half as he puts more innings on his shoulder. He hasn't pitched a full season since 2008.

If he was up for trade, I would be nervous if the Yankees were to trade for him. That he might breakdown again, especially with the Yankees recent luck of acquiring pitchers and then having them blow out their shoulder never pitching for the team. Pedro Feliciano from last season and Michael Pineda this year.
Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 June 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

I didn't say he wouldn't make a comeback and be good, I was just arguing that he won't be the pitcher he was with the Twins. He will never be that guy again, he doesn't throw hard enough to be that guy.

He has been good so far this year, but its only June 3rd, maybe he will break down in the 2nd half as he puts more innings on his shoulder. He hasn't pitched a full season since 2008.

If he was up for trade, I would be nervous if the Yankees were to trade for him. That he might breakdown again, especially with the Yankees recent luck of acquiring pitchers and then having them blow out their shoulder never pitching for the team. Pedro Feliciano from last season and Michael Pineda this year.


LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Santana is just now getting into the groove. In spring training, he was saying that he wouldn't be 100% before June 1st... and on June 1st he threw a no hitter. His shoulder is only going to get stronger. Right now, he's untradable while the Mets are in the thick of things. It would literally take 2 of the Yankees top prospects to peel Santana away.

We ran Feliciano into the ground. The guy was pitching every day for us. Keith and Gary would question him coming into games for the last 3 months of the season. He was bound to break down. Happened to watch the end of the Tigers game last night... how sweet it is that the Yankees have no closer.
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,084
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 03 June 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Santana is just now getting into the groove. In spring training, he was saying that he wouldn't be 100% before June 1st... and on June 1st he threw a no hitter. His shoulder is only going to get stronger. Right now, he's untradable while the Mets are in the thick of things. It would literally take 2 of the Yankees top prospects to peel Santana away.

We ran Feliciano into the ground. The guy was pitching every day for us. Keith and Gary would question him coming into games for the last 3 months of the season. He was bound to break down. Happened to watch the end of the Tigers game last night... how sweet it is that the Yankees have no closer.


I don't see how its impossible to think that he could break down in the 2nd half, he hasn't pitched a full season since 2008... The Yankees wouldn't trade 2 top prospects for Santana, especially with how much hes making. I rather throw 20+ mil a year on Cole Hamels in the offseason who is a lot younger. Yankees are on a budget right now, they are trying to get their payroll under 189 mil by 2014 so that they don't have to pay the luxury tax that they would be required to under the new CBA.

And last nights game wasn't a closer situation, so idk what that comment is about. Yeah we are down our 2 best RP with Mo and Robertson on the DL. But Soriano was a all star closer on the Rays in 2010, hes 7-7 in save situations so far and has a 1.89 ERA.

The Mets are the one without a closer, Frank Francisco has a 6.10 ERA. The Yankees bullpen is still top 5 in baseball, that shows you the depth the have.
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,911
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

oh ok for some reason i thought it was 0099 i was talking with in the shoutbox
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#16 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 June 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

I don't see how its impossible to think that he could break down in the 2nd half, he hasn't pitched a full season since 2008... The Yankees wouldn't trade 2 top prospects for Santana, especially with how much hes making. I rather throw 20+ mil a year on Cole Hamels in the offseason who is a lot younger. Yankees are on a budget right now, they are trying to get their payroll under 189 mil by 2014 so that they don't have to pay the luxury tax that they would be required to under the new CBA.

And last nights game wasn't a closer situation, so idk what that comment is about. Yeah we are down our 2 best RP with Mo and Robertson on the DL. But Soriano was a all star closer on the Rays in 2010, hes 7-7 in save situations so far and has a 1.89 ERA.

The Mets are the one without a closer, Frank Francisco has a 6.10 ERA. The Yankees bullpen is still top 5 in baseball, that shows you the depth the have.


The Yankees are going get off that budget in a hurry this offseason because they can't stand being the 3rd best team in the division. It's either Top FAs or Cashman gets a pink slip, what do you think he'll do? Santana is a first ballot HOFer who still got plenty of gas in the tank. The Yankees can go chase Hamels... it'll be Cliff Lee all over again.

Frank Frank hasn't allowed a run in like 2 weeks. You don't watch the Mets, you just google stats. After his blowup against the Blue Jays, he's been perfect.
0

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,084
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Francisco has been shaky his entire career, I wouldn't want him as my teams closer. The Mets bullpen is dead last in baseball right now. The Yankees problems this year have been lack of clutch hitting and SP. I think David Robertson will be back soon, they said that Brett Gardner will be returning this week vs the Mets.
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 June 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Francisco has been shaky his entire career, I wouldn't want him as my teams closer. The Mets bullpen is dead last in baseball right now. The Yankees problems this year have been lack of clutch hitting and SP. I think David Robertson will be back soon, they said that Brett Gardner will be returning this week vs the Mets.


Our BP has been weighted down by Acosta. We have Mejia coming back and the Mets can't keep Harvey in AAA any longer. He's going to be with the big league club and take someone's rotation spot. Whoever that will be, will go to the pen.

Yea, the Yankees can't hit and cant pitch... which is why they'll abandon their budget sooner rather than later and go back to trying to buy pennants.
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,084
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

The Yankees aren't run by George anymore. Hal doesn't get involved as much and its his budget, he doesn't feel like paying a large luxury tax to those small market teams.

The Yankees can hit, they just have struggled with RISP. But its only June 3rd, they should improve. The main thing with the SP is Hughes and Nova struggling. Hughes besides the Angels game has been pitching better lately, had a great start today. They lead the league in HR given up, hanging pitches and in part to where they pitch.

You talk like the standings in June is what it will be in September. Just last season we saw 2 teams have epic collapses in September with the Braves and Red Sox. The Orioles are 3-10 in their last 13 games. The Yankees have been playing better since Cashman had a meeting with them. Went 6-3 on this road trip.
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 June 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

The Yankees aren't run by George anymore. Hal doesn't get involved as much and its his budget, he doesn't feel like paying a large luxury tax to those small market teams.

The Yankees can hit, they just have struggled with RISP. But its only June 3rd, they should improve. The main thing with the SP is Hughes and Nova struggling. Hughes besides the Angels game has been pitching better lately, had a great start today. They lead the league in HR given up, hanging pitches and in part to where they pitch.

You talk like the standings in June is what it will be in September. Just last season we saw 2 teams have epic collapses in September with the Braves and Red Sox. The Orioles are 3-10 in their last 13 games. The Yankees have been playing better since Cashman had a meeting with them. Went 6-3 on this road trip.


The Yankees struggle because all of their players, past and present and all their fans are f*****s.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users