NYJetsFan.com Forums: Sanchez Compares Tebow To 'incredible Hulk' - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Sanchez Compares Tebow To 'incredible Hulk'

#1 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:09 AM

Mark Sanchez has never been awestruck by the presence of Tim Tebow at the New York Jets facilities. Well, almost never.

"After we traded for Tim, I'm in the weight room, feeling good, feeling big, thick, really in shape," Sanchez recently told Yahoo! Sports. "I'm doing pull-ups with extra weight on. I'm doing squats, the whole thing. Then here comes Tim, The Incredible Hulk.

"I'm doing the pull ups with the extra weight and then he does them with two kettle bells and he just powers through them. He's just an ox. He was awesome and I'm like, 'OK, I'm not at that level.' It was funny. He's just a monster. He has been a really great guy to be around."

Weight-room swagger aside, Sanchez doesn't sound like a man who's been shaken by Tebow's arrival, nor should he. Snap counts in OTAs have proven that Sanchez remains the unquestioned starter, and any speculation about a quarterback controversy seems silly ... at least for now.

In an enlightening profile by Jason Cole, Sanchez discussed a number of topics about his past, present and future in New York:

On working with former Jets QB Chad Pennington: "It made a grand slam, (with) him being one of the most cerebral quarterbacks in the game the past few years, up there with Peyton Manning. (He's) a great decision-maker, knows when to throw the ball away, knows when to check it down, knows when to take a sack, call a timeout, how to run a two-minute drill. He knows how to save turnovers, and that's key to me. If we save four or five turnovers last season, we're looking at a different season, and a different last three games, and who knows?"

On his struggles with mechanics last season: "I took a couple of shots early in the season and I wasn't able to lift as hard during the season as I wanted to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Olympic lifter. But at the same time, you need some strength. By the end of the season, I was down to 218-220 pounds and I'm usually 225-230 pounds plus. I just didn't have it. I was trying to throw too much with just my arm and my upper body, I wasn't using my legs enough, and I just wasn't as sound, physically, as I should be, and it showed."

On the Jets' interest in Peyton Manning and the trade for Tebow: "The whole Peyton thing was a lot bigger than I really think it was supposed to be because my agent and my brother were talking to the team about my contract the whole time while that was going on. The team was saying , 'We're not going after (Manning).' Obviously, the team doesn't always show its hand all the time. They're not going to say everything they're doing. Still, I knew in the back of my mind that the contract was getting done, so I had that in my back pocket, fine. Then the trade for Tebow happened and I just didn't really have time to think about it or worry about it."

On the New York nightlife, and having his behavior compared to Tebow: "I have to make sure what I'm doing is the best thing for this team on and off the field. Does it have to be exactly what Tim does? No. Sometimes? Yeah, maybe. But I have to be comfortable that what I'm doing is protecting the team and then I have to ignore the noise. Lately, there is a lot of noise. But it's a good test. It really is. This is unique."
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

I dont know why, but everytime I read quotes from Sanchez it makes me hate him even more. Even when he says "the right things" it just sounds a lil different the way he words things that turns me off. He is like the anti-Tebow of press interviews. I didn't support Tebow when he first came in the league but the more and more I heard from him I couldn't help but like him. I mean I hated Sanchez from the start too, but the way he talks just makes it worse for me.

Anyone else get a bad feeling about Sanchez from his quotes? Probably just me but I am curious.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

Tebow is pretty fake, so I think that is am asinine comment.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#4 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 04 June 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

I don't know how you can call Tebow fake, but ok. He might seem too good to be true but he has never had anything leaked that he has acted anyway contrary to how he presents himself, and tons of haters are trying desperately to find something so Tebow is pretty legit. He may not sound it, but there is NO evidence to support your claim. You might not like his lifestyle or how he talks about himself, but doesnt make him fake. That is like some Catcher in the Rye B.S. right there, just calling everyone and everything fake.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 04 June 2012 - 03:21 AM, said:

Tebow isn't fake. he's a hard working good religious person. I don't agree with the whole religion but to say the guy is fake is crazy. he's just a nice person
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostClemens11, on 04 June 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

I dont know why, but everytime I read quotes from Sanchez it makes me hate him even more. Even when he says "the right things" it just sounds a lil different the way he words things that turns me off. He is like the anti-Tebow of press interviews. I didn't support Tebow when he first came in the league but the more and more I heard from him I couldn't help but like him. I mean I hated Sanchez from the start too, but the way he talks just makes it worse for me.

Anyone else get a bad feeling about Sanchez from his quotes? Probably just me but I am curious.

No it's just haterism. There was nothing wrong with what he said. The way he said it might have been a little bit homo-erotic, but nothing was wrong with it. You're just hating on this one.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostClemens11, on 04 June 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

Anyone else get a bad feeling about Sanchez from his quotes? Probably just me but I am bicurious.

:beach:

#8 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

Like this:

View PostClemens11, on 04 June 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

Anyone else get a bad feeling about Sanchez from his quotes? Probably just me but I am bicurious.

Of course, this only works when you can read someone's posts to begin with. Some members need editing to make their posts legible, not insulting.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#9 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 04 June 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

Yea, I mean look at that terrible grammer. people need to fix that! :victory: So btw, are you the pot or the kettle?
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 04 June 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

No it's just haterism. There was nothing wrong with what he said. The way he said it might have been a little bit homo-erotic, but nothing was wrong with it. You're just hating on this one.

Eh, least its justified . . . Sanchez sucks.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostClemens11, on 04 June 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

Eh, least its justified . . . Sanchez sucks.

Justified? No. It's just your opinion.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#12 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 04 June 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

Justified? No. It's just your opinion.

No, he is the league leader in turnovers last season = justified. Its a guy who is inconsistant and lacks confident. He sucks. He can improve, hard not to, but until he shows otherwise this season, which wont happen, he sucks.

Id ask you to provide evidence for the case that he doesn't suck, but that doesn't exist so good luck :drinks:
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostClemens11, on 04 June 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

No, he is the league leader in turnovers last season = justified. Its a guy who is inconsistant and lacks confident. He sucks. He can improve, hard not to, but until he shows otherwise this season, which wont happen, he sucks.

Id ask you to provide evidence for the case that he doesn't suck, but that doesn't exist so good luck :drinks:

You're a hater and I am not about to have a week long (because I know it will be at least that long) bitch fest with you of all people. I only have one life to live and I'm not going to waste anymore of it trying to get through that thick skull of yours. I don't have the energy for that and it won't make a bit difference anyway, we all know that.

You're just hating on this one. There was nothing wrong with his comments, end of discussion.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

#14 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 05 June 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

You're a hater and I am not about to have a week long (because I know it will be at least that long) bitch fest with you of all people. I only have one life to live and I'm not going to waste anymore of it trying to get through that thick skull of yours. I don't have the energy for that and it won't make a bit difference anyway, we all know that.

You're just hating on this one. There was nothing wrong with his comments, end of discussion.

I love when people make excuses to try to bolster their appearance to hide the fact that they just quit. I gave you a challenge, you knew you had nothing, so not only did you back down, but you couldn't even walk away with honor. You had to act cowardly. Although I applaud you for knowing when your defeated, it's pathetic how you did it. Nice try, your not fooling anyone though.

The one thing you may be right on though is that his comments may be fine, he does just rub me the wrong way. I was just seeing if anyone else felt the same way. Wasn't trying to start a hate fest. A simple no would have done the trick but instead you started something you couldn't finish. But hey! You have that life of yours to live so consulation prize! And there is nothing you have really tried to get through to me so clearly you weren't worth being paid attention to or you didnt have anything worth reading. At least I can remember A1elbow, 2ndhandjets, etc. You I didn't even know made regular posts . I thought you just came in and made random comments here and there, very few directed towards me that I noticed. So maybe you can waste your time with getting noticed now that you are no longer wasting it on trying to sell me some b.s. Enjoy:trink36:
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 05 June 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

I love when people make excuses to try to bolster their appearance to hide the fact that they just quit. I gave you a challenge, you knew you had nothing, so not only did you back down, but you couldn't even walk away with honor. You had to act cowardly. Although I applaud you for knowing when your defeated, it's pathetic how you did it. Nice try, your not fooling anyone though.

The one thing you may be right on though is that his comments may be fine, he does just rub me the wrong way. I was just seeing if anyone else felt the same way. Wasn't trying to start a hate fest. A simple no would have done the trick but instead you started something you couldn't finish. But hey! You have that life of yours to live so consulation prize! And there is nothing you have really tried to get through to me so clearly you weren't worth being paid attention to or you didnt have anything worth reading. At least I can remember A1elbow, 2ndhandjets, etc. You I didn't even know made regular posts . I thought you just came in and made random comments here and there, very few directed towards me that I noticed. So maybe you can waste your time with getting noticed now that you are no longer wasting it on trying to sell me some b.s. Enjoy:trink36:
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:05 AM

So nice you had to say it twice.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

#17 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 05 June 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

So nice you had to say it twice.

Wish I could take credit for that, but computers act up. Glad to see your not wasting anymore of your valuable life on me. :hysterical:
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

View PostClemens11, on 05 June 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

Posted Image
I got that one right too.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

#19 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

This site would be amazing if Clemens11 left. Just saying.
ColesReturns87

#20 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostLeonhardSkynyrd36, on 05 June 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

This site would be amazing if Clemens11 left. Just saying.

If he were to switch off the macho attitude, he'd be ok.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users