NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mark Sanchez Is Capable Of A Turnaround - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Today, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:04 PM) The media is so dumb, Jon Gieger Revis' best friend tweets a pic from the Jets website and says it's revis, and all of the media goes along with it making fun of the Jets when it was really Jeremy Kerleyr.
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Mark Sanchez Is Capable Of A Turnaround

#1 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

What if I said your team has a quarterback who's been to the AFC Championship Game twice in his first three seasons?

What if I also said this player has playoff wins over Tom Brady and Peyton Manning -- the two best quarterbacks of this generation?

What if I said this player is just 25 years old and about to enter the prime of his career?

What if I said the person I'm describing is New York Jets starting quarterback Mark Sanchez?

Surprised? Well, you shouldn't be.

Contrary to popular belief, Sanchez is not a lost cause. Some pundits have already pushed Sanchez out the door and claimed it's Tim Tebow's team. The Jets acquired the wildly popular quarterback in an offseason trade, but the move instead will bring out the best in Sanchez.

The Jets were wowed by Sanchez during the opening of organized team activities. He was stronger, accurate, more confident and clearly the best quarterback on the team. Sanchez looked like a player whose best years are still ahead of him.

"He's stronger than he's ever been," Jets coach Rex Ryan said of Sanchez. "He's in great shape. ... Obviously, he's going into his fourth year. He's seen a lot of different things, but that arm looks stronger to me. He's throwing the ball and really zipping it, throwing with touch and things. I really like the way he's throwing the football."

The media often harps on Sanchez's negatives. But let's take a look at the good things Sanchez brings to the table.

First and foremost, Sanchez is a winner. As I mentioned earlier, he's led the Jets to two AFC title games the past three seasons. That is something neither Brady nor Manning has accomplished in that same span. Sanchez is 4-2 in the playoffs and never had a losing season.

He also was 12-1 in his only full year as a starter at USC. Sanchez is used to winning and has done so at every level.

Sanchez is tough and durable. He's missed just one start in three years. Last season he took a pounding and was sacked a career-high 39 times without missing a game. Sanchez added extra muscle this offseason to withstand the pounding. With Tebow waiting for his shot, Sanchez does not want to get pulled due to injury.

Sanchez also is a gamer. He's the type of quarterback who can struggle early but save his best football for late in the game. It's hard to teach being clutch in the fourth quarter, but Sanchez has proven he can make big throws in big moments. He just needs to work on his consistency throughout the game.

That is where the Jets' coaching staff and front office come in. Much of this offseason was about giving Sanchez the tools he needs to be successful. The Jets brought in new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, whose straightforward approach should be an upgrade over Brian Schottenheimer. Then, New York drafted talented deep threat Stephen Hill to go with fellow receiver Santonio Holmes and tight end Dustin Keller. Tebow, as an option quarterback, should add to a running game that also includes 1,000-yard rusher Shonn Greene.

The goal for Sparano is to run a tighter offense that takes better care of the football and keeps the chains moving.

"There's no gray area. He lets you know exactly what he expects," Sanchez said of Sparano. "He lets you know the emphasis of the day. Whether it's third down, second down, pressures, first-and-10, two-minute drill, he lets you know and then once we get on the field, thatís your test. Each week, each Sunday is a test for us. Heíll give you all the answers, and once you get to Sunday you got to have the test."

Sanchez is currently going through the biggest test of his career, but it's not something that hasn't been done before.

Remember Eli Manning's first three seasons?

Many were trying to run Eli out of New York after a slow start to his career. In fact, Sanchez experienced more success than Eli in their first three years in the NFL. Sanchez has seven more victories (27 to 20) and eight more starts. Eli didn't win his first playoff game until his fourth year. Sanchez already has four.

It took Eli four years to truly develop into a franchise quarterback. That's when his career took off, and Eli won the first of two Super Bowls.

Why can't Sanchez get the same benefit of the doubt? Despite Sanchez's early success, it didn't buy him additional time in New York. Sanchez needs to win now.

In many ways Sanchez can learn from Eli's experience. Eli was in the doldrums worse than Sanchez his first three seasons with the Giants and still climbed out of it. Sanchez's best example to follow is right across town and plays in the same stadium.

"I look at that as kudos to him for doing a great job and thriving under that pressure," Sanchez said of Eli. "Look where heís at today: Two Super Bowl rings and heís on the top of the world and doing a great job and he deserves it. Heís put in a lot of hard work so you look at it and admire it."

Career makeovers do happen -- even in a tough city like New York. Sanchez has a chance to follow Eli's blueprint and become the next great turnaround story in the Big Apple.

The Jets have proven in the past they can win with Sanchez under center. With several upgrades by the team and self improvements made by Sanchez, the Jets also can win with him in the future.

http://espn.go.com/b...of-a-turnaround
Another New York turnaround?
Like Mark Sanchez, two-time Super Bowl champion Eli Manning also struggled in New York his first three seasons.

Player Yds TD/INT Record
Manning* 8,049 54/44 20-19 (0-2 in playoffs)
Sanchez 9,209 55/51 27-20 (4-2 in playoffs)
* Manning won a Super Bowl in his fourth season.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Stop comparing Eli to Sanchez. Eli was a 3 year starter in college with less talent around him than Sanchez had. If your going to talk about years of experience, Sanchez still has 2 years to go if he wants to be where Eli was in Eli's 4th year in the NFL. Sanchez was as young of qb as it gets when we drafted him, and he is emotionally fragile. I would say I hope he turns it around this year but I honestly don't care because if he doesn't I am perfectly fine with Tebow. I wouldn't even be that upset about McElroy playing for that matter. He is finally being pushed, his butt is on the line, its time for him to nut up or shut up.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostClemens11, on 05 June 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

Stop comparing Eli to Sanchez. Eli was a 3 year starter in college with less talent around him than Sanchez had. If your going to talk about years of experience, Sanchez still has 2 years to go if he wants to be where Eli was in Eli's 4th year in the NFL. Sanchez was as young of qb as it gets when we drafted him, and he is emotionally fragile. I would say I hope he turns it around this year but I honestly don't care because if he doesn't I am perfectly fine with Tebow. I wouldn't even be that upset about McElroy playing for that matter. He is finally being pushed, his butt is on the line, its time for him to nut up or shut up.

Shouldn't that be a positive? Sanchez's growth curve over his first three seasons mimics Eli's - and is arguably better - with 2 less years of college experience?

I don't see where you're going with this.

Off topic... fun fact: one quarterback has as many turnovers as Sanchez over the past three seasons. Can you guess who?

...queue combative, angry response.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 05 June 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

Shouldn't that be a positive? Sanchez's growth curve over his first three seasons mimics Eli's - and is arguably better - with 2 less years of college experience?

Off topic... fun fact: one quarterback has as many turnovers as Sanchez over the past three seasons. Can you guess who?

romo?
eli perhaps haha
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#5 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Eli Manning! I win!!!!!! :beach:
Posted Image Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

My point is he wont be where Eli was in his 4th year this year. Eli could make the jump because he had more experience. No qb in the history of the NFL has been babied as much as Mark Sanchez has. Eli wasn't babied. They didn't have Eli doing ground and pound for his whole career and into his 4th year to slowly bring him in. He took the reigns and was expected to throw and he turned it around. Sanchez has been given a great D, a powerful run game, and limited responsibility and then the plan in the 4th year is to continue to run the same offense and utilize him the least amount possible. Tebow is here to take snaps from Sanchez in the wildcat, Sparano is here to run the ball more, and Sanchez is expected to learn not to screw it up. That would be fine if he was drafted in the 3rd round or later, but not for a guy you trade up for and draft 5th overall. The Jets went out to buy a Lambo and then only drive it on backstreets doing 15 mph in a 25 zone. And when they did try to rev the engine a lil bit, he crumbled. So they go back to driving under the speed limit with him and not exopecting much. If you have a 5th overall wb, use the damn qb. If he can't hack it, there is no reason to have him.

The Giants traded away a king's ransom and expected the performance of a king, so eventually they got one. The Jets didn't give up as much but treated Sanchez like a spoiled lil brat of a prince so guess what they are getting? An emotionally fragile qb who expects everything to be given to him. Its time for him to man up or get out, and so far Manning up isn't in his DNA. See what I did there? :tongue:
Posted Image

#7 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

That is why Sanchez has thrown the ball over 500 times each of the last 2 seasons, throwing over 500 times is a lot for a QB, especially a 2nd and 3rd year QB. So it was around the same as Eli. Eli had better offensive players around him, Tiki Barber was a monster in Eli's early days.

All that about Sanchez being emotionally fragile and is a baby and whatever else, that is all speculation that people are putting out there because he has been inconsistent. If he was winning games, no one would say anything. Eli had teammates calling him out after year 3 too, Tiki said he didn't think Eli was a leader. And you know what? Eli sucked his 4th season, no one believed in him. Then he just managed the game, they won the SB on running the ball and defense. Eli's 4th season he threw 23 TD 20 INT 73 QB rating 56% 3,300 yards. The next year, Eli's 5th season they ran the ball great and asked little of Eli and they had a great year team wise, Eli had his most efficient season. It wasn't until Eli's 6th year that he started really taking over as a QB.

And the fact that Sanchez had less experience in college should be in his favor, not against him. Sanchez has been better than Eli was in the playoffs to this point, Eli had some awful performances in the playoffs outside of 2 trips.

Schotty had a awful system, I think Sanchez can be more efficient in this system and they can win more games. Winning cures all, all of this shit that went on was out there because they missed the playoffs and collapsed after going 8-5.

The reason Sanchez is compared with Eli, is because they are both NY QBs, and they both were inconsistent.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 05 June 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

Tiki said he didn't think Eli was a leader.

Your argument fails right there.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Posted Image

The embodiment of Sanchez in a TV series.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

I applaud Clemens11's ability to structure sentences despite his obvious disability.

#11 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:24 AM

Two quarterbacks in their first three seasons.

QB A had 63 turnovers.

QB B had 64 turnovers.

One of them is Sanchez. Who is the other? He is an active quarterback.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

View Postsantana, on 05 June 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

romo?
eli perhaps haha

View PostMikeGangGreenFan2, on 05 June 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Eli Manning! I win!!!!!! :beach:

Ding Ding Ding!

"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"

#13 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostClemens11, on 05 June 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

Why does his argument fail? It's well documented that Tiki said that.

Just because the guy went on to win two super bowls, it doesn't change history.

#14 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

View Postsexyrexy, on 06 June 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

Ding Ding Ding!

YAY what do i win?

#15 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostMoMilk1991, on 06 June 2012 - 03:24 AM, said:

Two quarterbacks in their first three seasons.

QB A had 63 turnovers.

QB B had 64 turnovers.

One of them is Sanchez. Who is the other? He is an active quarterback.

Peyton Manning is Qb 2.

so i guees Mark is going to be as good as one of the Mannings!!!

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

all anyone is trying to say is he is too young and has shown more then enough that we shouldn't give up on him and that he can be a top QB in the NFL.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostClemens11, on 05 June 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

His point or "argument" was that someone much more important than yourself (if you can believe such a person exists) believed Eli couldn't hack it in his early years. Tiki was clearly wrong about Eli, is it possible your wrong about Sanchez?

I'd like to personally implore you to enlighten us all and at least admit that it is POSSIBLE that you're incorrect.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#18 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

Tiki Barber is a f***ing loser who spent his entire career trying to learn not to fumble, retired when he figured it out so he could pretend he went out on top and then spent an entire season hating on his own team because he wasn't part of it and tried to act like he was going to be some crossover sportscaster before cheating oh his wife.

Tiki Barber doesn't know shit about Tiki Barber-he certainly doesn't know shit about Eli Manning or anything else.

f*** Tiki Barber.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#19 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

I'm just hoping. This team could be elite with a good QB. I just want Sanchez to be what he was supposed to be. I don't want to draft another QB and wait another 5 years hoping he amounts to something. Please Sanchez! Just become great.
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

I have stood behind Sanchez since day 1. I do however feel this is the year he needs to show us why he should be the guy. If he can not take it to the next level we will need to start looking.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users