NYJetsFan.com Forums: Tone Feels Overworked In Otas - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Chris Johnson asking 2 Years/$10M, Jets want $3-4M per year
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 April 2014 - 08:32 PM) Its funny how much baseball has used replay in the first 2 weeks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (13 April 2014 - 08:46 PM) BREAKING NEWS: I'M STILL FUCKIN ALIVE JUST BUSY GETTING MY BUSINESS OFF THE GROUND!!!! FOR FURTHER NOTICE KISS MY ASS!!!!
santana Icon : (13 April 2014 - 09:30 PM) Lol
santana Icon : (13 April 2014 - 09:31 PM) Gg03 doing his own updates
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 April 2014 - 10:33 PM) ^because the updates here never change
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 April 2014 - 02:30 AM) That's right, because I was on the edge of my seat wondering whether or not Garrett McIntyre would be resigned or not.
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 April 2014 - 02:39 AM) There is not really much to update us about in the dog days of the off-season. Unless we want Santana to be like CNN and give us constant "updates" about the missing Malaysian airplane.
santana Icon : (14 April 2014 - 08:50 AM) I should start doing baseball updates
santana Icon : (14 April 2014 - 08:50 AM) Dodger dawgss
Smedsthejet Icon : (14 April 2014 - 01:52 PM) Cro enjoyed a good birthday with some of that Cardinals signing bonus: http://kissingsuzyko...tle-people.html
azjetfan Icon : (14 April 2014 - 03:44 PM) ESPN NY
azjetfan Icon : (14 April 2014 - 03:44 PM) 18. New York Jets -- Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State: Surprised? Yes, the Jets need a receiver, but it's the deepest receiver draft in years, and they can find a good one in the second round. This would mark the fifth straight year with a defensive pick in Round 1.
Chaos Icon : (14 April 2014 - 03:51 PM) is he better than Gilbert, Dennard, and Fuller?
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 April 2014 - 03:56 PM) In my biased opinion I don't think he's better than Dennard.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) ewww
azjetfan Icon : (14 April 2014 - 04:13 PM) Denard and Gilbert are gone in this mock by 18
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) no f***ing way...
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 07:44 PM) ICYMI We AREN'T the 49ers... THANK GOODNESS!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 07:45 PM) Carry On NUMBNUTS!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:23 PM) FAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:23 PM) DAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:24 PM) GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 April 2014 - 11:53 PM) EVOLUTION!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 April 2014 - 11:57 PM) OOO Man I got to get tickets to Extreme rules now. since I will be in NY that week
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:32 AM) I have to get tickets... Evolution is back. I'm 10 years old again
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:04 AM) Chris Johnson visiting jets today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 AM) http://i.imgur.com/RWFWUYi.gif
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) izdik offers him a lifetime supply of clip on dreadlocks
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:40 PM) ‏@KristianRDyer 1h
Hearing from a team source that interest between Jets, Chris Johnson is "mutually high between both parties." #nyjets #jetstwitter
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:16 PM) ICYMI : Today marks the 51 year anniversary that the Titans of NY became the NEW YORK JETS
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:21 PM) nice we could use CJ. we still lack offesnife playmakers
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:02 PM) ‏@MMehtaNYDN 7m
Chris Johnson's visit with the Jets today: Productive. Good vibes all around, I'm told. #nyj
Expand
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) offesnife!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) tehhhh
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:54 PM) yay more typing jokes. how original. you should see this thing called the internet
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 PM) So you ever go on that there Internet? Lotta cool stuff on that Internet
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM)

Ian Rapoport
Chris Johnson’s visit with #Jets today went well, from what it sounded like. It’s over now. Nothing final yet, other teams still circling
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) I think he's just stating the obvious but whatever it's an update
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 10:58 AM) CJ wants 2year, $10 million deal. Jets offered muti year deal, 3-4 mill a year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:59 AM) so he wants 2 year 10 mil and we offered what 4 years 12-15 mil?
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:07 AM) @emesola: Chris Johnson is seeking approximately 2 years, $10 million. Idzik is not budging over $3-4 mil/year it seems. #Jets #JetsTwitter
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Kristian Dyer has confirmed that Idzik offered a multi-year deal, we're looking at $3-4M per, as Esola said.
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Sidney rice coming through
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) I'm guessing 2 years 6 mill is what was offered
santana Icon : (Today, 11:12 AM)

The current market rate for a starting running back is roughly $3M per year. Idzik is offering slightly more than that, and Johnson is seeking a good chunk more.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Tone Feels Overworked In Otas Suffered a hamstring injury

#1 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

Here we go this guy has to stop this shit!!

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who missed a handful of voluntary practice sessions while out of the country on a good-will trip to a U.S. Air Force base in Germany, pulled himself out of practice Thursday because he felt he was being overworked.

Near the end of the two-hour workout, Holmes limped off the field and tossed his helmet, seemingly out of frustration. He spoke to receivers coach Sanjay Lal and also spent time with the trainer. Afterward, Holmes insisted he wasn't injured, but he still seemed bothered.

Jets blog

Jets Looking for more on
the green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

"I was talking to the coach, letting him understand it was too many reps today," Holmes said. "I've been gone for a while, so I can't be at full tempo like the rest of the guys and where they want us to be at."

Holmes said he was slated for 35 practice reps, but left after 20 or 25. The Jets wrapped up their OTA workouts, with a mandatory minicamp scheduled for next week.

The irony, of course, is that Holmes had to be pulled out of the Jets' final game, in the final minutes of the season-ending loss to the Miami Dolphins. Holmes was frustrated by his lack of involvement in the offense -- he had no receptions -- and complained in the huddle, nearly coming to blows with right tackle Wayne Hunter.

That was the seminal moment of the Jets' well-chronicled season of turmoil, much of which involved Holmes and quarterback Mark Sanchez.

After a tumultuous couple of months, the team is trying to rebuild its chemistry. Holmes took another positive step this week by declaring that he will attend Sanchez's "Jets West" passing camp in the coming weeks at the high school in Mission Viejo, Calif., that the quarterback attended.

Holmes was at "Jets West" in 2010, but skipped last year's camp because he was unsigned at the time. Even though he's not team captain anymore, Holmes feels he needs to be there because he still sees himself as a team leader.

"Being out there is going to give the young guys a sense of security, knowing we have our veteran, we have our leader here with us, who's going to help us and get us on the same page," Holmes said. "I think all of us doing the same thing at the same time will be a great chemistry builder."

Coach Rex Ryan has all but admitted he made a bad decision by making Holmes a captain. In fact, Ryan said he no longer will have team captains.

Holmes is the elder statesman of a young receiving corps, which includes a likely rookie starter, Stephen Hill, so he's trying to show the way.

But he admittedly still isn't in top shape.

"I'm at OTA No. 5," he said. "I've got lot of catching up to do for myself."

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Per ESPN
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

That article is full of half truths, especially the title. He just got off from a USO tour so he's not up to speed with his conditioning. End of story.

#4 User is offline   Displacednewyorker Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'll give Tone credit for being gone, but as a professional player, wouldn't you think that 20-25 reps wouldn't kill you? I mean, you should be in top shape all year long, imho. That being said,I consider this a non issue at this point.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

I don't want to overreact to something like this, I don't know the full story. I don't like taking the media for their word, they like to make things sound worse than it really is.

If Holmes has another season like the last one, then I will be pissed at him.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

He's likely Jet lagged and exhausted. I wouldn't worry about it.

#7 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 10 June 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

He's likely Jet lagged and exhausted. I wouldn't worry about it.

I was gonna say his gold chain is wearing him down, but you offer a better explanation.

I would be sick of being a Jet as long as he has too.

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   NYJETSFAN1 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

You have to give the guy credit. He took himself out of practice because he is out of shape and admitted it. He knows he has work to do both on and off the field to make up for the drama last year - at least looks as though hes moving in the right direction. Despite the slight tilt in the other direction the media is portraying, I'd have to see this as a non-issue at this point, and maybe even more of a positive note.

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Holmes suffered his hamstring injury last week, when he made headlines by pulling himself out of practice. He was criticized for it, but the injury was legit. Jets head coach Rex Ryan said veteran players know when something doesn't feel right. Holmes was inactive for a while after a trip to Germany to visit troops.

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

exactly. if it was a game i'd be pissed but its an voluntary practice and i'd hate for him to hurt himself during one
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   NYJETSFAN1 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

So I know there has already been a lot of discussion about Holmes having pulled himself out of practice and maybe having a tweaked hamstring but I think its worth discussing if the USO tour is a valid excuse for being out of shape. How long was he on tour for? And shouldn't he as a professional have thought ahead and spent his off-season maybe training a little harder so he wouldn't have lost as large a step over-seas?

#12 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostNYJETSFAN1, on 12 June 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

So I know there has already been a lot of discussion about Holmes having pulled himself out of practice and maybe having a tweaked hamstring but I think its worth discussing if the USO tour is a valid excuse for being out of shape. How long was he on tour for? And shouldn't he as a professional have thought ahead and spent his off-season maybe training a little harder so he wouldn't have lost as large a step over-seas?

Its voluntary workouts, if your not working out for a couple of weeks you lose some stamina no matter how hard you previously trained, and he scheduled the tour in the offseason so i have no problem with it. Its June, we have months until the season, he will be fine.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostNYJETSFAN1, on 12 June 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

We're still around six weeks away from the start of training camp. I don't think we should start to overreact over this.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#14 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

I don't see anyone panicking. I see people questioning Holmes work ethic. Can you blame anyone for that? NO. He brought it on himself considering how he was last season with his own teammates saying he was half-a$sing it during practice and during games. The only good thing is that this is likely because he is admitting that he's been a lazy fvck during the off season and didn't maintain conditioning and even calls himself the #5 receiver at this point because everyone else is in better shape. He claims its because of his USO tour but we all know that's bull$hit. 20-25 reps & he's wasted as a pro? Really? And he thinks of himself as a #1 WR. ROFLMAO. I'm waiting to see how many games he loses for us this year by half-as$ing it again.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#16 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 16 June 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

I don't see anyone panicking. I see people questioning Holmes work ethic. Can you blame anyone for that? NO. He brought it on himself considering how he was last season with his own teammates saying he was half-a$sing it during practice and during games. The only good thing is that this is likely because he is admitting that he's been a lazy fvck during the off season and didn't maintain conditioning and even calls himself the #5 receiver at this point because everyone else is in better shape. He claims its because of his USO tour but we all know that's bull$hit. 20-25 reps & he's wasted as a pro? Really? And he thinks of himself as a #1 WR. ROFLMAO. I'm waiting to see how many games he loses for us this year by half-as$ing it again.

Cus he didnt also have a hamstring injury or anyhting. :sterb041:
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 16 June 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

Actually, they say hes been working hard out there. He injured his hamstring and he didn't do team drills during the minicamp because of his hamstring.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   NYJETSFAN1 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

No panicking here, just analyzing Holmes ability to bounce back from scrutiny at the end of last year. For what it's worth, here ( http://bit.ly/KFysMc ) is a pretty good article at Jets101 talking about what Holmes did to get ready this off season and his attending the Jets West camp. Pretty good stuff.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users