NYJetsFan.com Forums: Football Gameplan's 2012 Nfl Team Preview - Ny Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) Plenty to talk about I'm sure
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) You guys just suck at it
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Football Gameplan's 2012 Nfl Team Preview - Ny Jets

#1 User is offline   EmDiggy Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

Good evening Jets fans! Here's my Season Preview for you guys!

Enjoy!

Em

#2 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

So you have the Jets finishing LAST in the AFC East? Not gunna happen lol. No way Bills and Dolphins will be better than us this year. It will be between Jets and Pats again like always to see who comes in 1st.

#3 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

4th in the AFC East? Seriously? For the most part I like you bro but you just lost me. Maybe you had an off day, lost some sleep, went out drinking beforehand, i dont know. But how you can legitametly say that the Fish(dolphins) a team no FA wants to go to, except Ochocinco but he was running out of options, is going to finish above the Jets is beyond lunacy. I mean you could make some kind of arguement that the "qb contraversy" makes the Jets unstable and the let the Bills surpass them since the Bills have been steadily getting better and better each year and now have Mario Williams, but to say the Jets will finish dead last and the floundering fish are going to do better? Comon man, that's not even a good joke . . .
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   EmDiggy Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

I honestly think that the Jets & Dolphins are essentially the same ball club..

1. Both have capable but questionable QBs
2. Both have 1 Playmaking WR & TE the rest of the WR corps have question marks
3. Both OLs & DLs are talented
4. Both LB corps are very solid
5. Both secondaries are very good..although a slight edge go to the Jets
7. Both are built to run the ball and play good defense

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostEmDiggy, on 19 June 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

One area to correct

1. Our base is going to be a 4-3 this year.

4th? I would bet you a jersey of winners choice we will not finish 4th. 4th!? Is that one of those shock jock things? Trying to get a reaction? Miami is in a full rebuild mode. 4th!? The Bills are well The Bills. We finished 2nd and had a horrid year. 4th!? We secured our safety concerns and added a great LBer prospect and a pass rusher. Our 2 areas of concern last year. 4th!?Are you really comparing the Phins secondary to the Jets? Come on man. Get your fish goggles off. Bad report.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 19 June 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

4th!?Are you really comparing the Phins secondary to the Jets? Come on man. Get your fish goggles off. Bad report.

Saints fans aren't used to paying attention to the secondary. We all know that. Thats why he said a statement like that.

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

View PostEmDiggy, on 19 June 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Yea right. Even with his down year, there isn't a GM that would take Matt Moore over Sanchez.

Ummm... their 1 playmaking WR is Bess who had 537 yard last year. For all his faults, Holmes is light years ahead of Bess. Last year he loafed and still posted better numbers. Who this "playmaking TE" on the Fins is, I don't know. I know they have Fasano... who had a whopping 450 yards last season, and Keller almost doubled that.

Even with Wayne Hunter, the Jets OL is head and shoulders above the Fins. They're starting a rookie C who is probably a G.

Our #2 Cb is better than their #1 and our #1 is Revis. I'd call that more than slight.

Who are the Fins going to run the ball with? Bush? He's a scat back who can't stay healthy.

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

Lets put it like this. From a distance there are some similarities. Both teams don't have bonafide QB's, both will likely run heavy due to that fact. Both will play pretty solid defense so essentially I see the similarities.

However this Jets defense this year (I'm predicting) is going to be stingy. Really stingy. Like 09 stingy. Now IF the Jets got their man in Coples. Maybin looks like a man possessed, putting on serious mass this offseason. I'm telling you this defense is going to be flat out boss. Like top 1-2 in the league. Especially with Rex implementing the 46. I just think that this defense is going to pretty awesome this season and with Mark "God damn" Sanchez in his 4th year as opposed to Gerrard (a yr off and nothing really special to begin with) and with emphasis on the ground and pound and sprinkled in with some Tebow Gadgetry. I think as always it will be.

Pats
Jets
Bills
Fish

Also I disagree about Tebow being starting Talent. He's definitely not a starter in this league or in todays NFL. Once teams figure out the gadgetry like they always do he'll have hell to deal with.

and yo Em. Feeling a lot of Jet heat though my guy. :tongue:

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

I disagree with a few things.

I don't believe there is this QB controversy, they know who their starting QB is. Mark Sanchez. I disagree that if you have Sanchez you can't run the ball, either QB the offense will be about running the ball more. Even with running the ball, you need to be able to pass. Sanchez gives you a better chance as hes clearly the better passer.

I disagree with the Jets being last in the division. The Dolphins are changing to a fast tempo spread system, so its different than ours. Their WRs have little talent. Their defense isn't as good as ours, their secondary is far from ours. Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie are the best CB tandem in football IMO. If Laron Landry stays healthy, which is a big if, I think he'll be a beast in this defense. Yeremiah Bell has been one of the better SS in the game. Rex Ryan is a better defensive coach than the Dolphins have.

I see this defense as having the "potential" to be the best defense we have had with Rex. I think there is more potential with our pass rushers than we have had. I think Aaron Maybin may have found his game, just one of those guys that needed a new environment, landed with a top defensive coach that utilizes him better. I hope Quinton Coples turns out to be a stud, people are coming away impressed with him so far. And Wilkerson is prime for a breakout, he has always had tons of talent and Pettine has said hes been the best player on defense this spring outside of Revis.

Looking at our schedule, we don't play a lot of great offenses this year so I think that is more in our favor to having a top 3-5 defense.

I like that our offense has a clear identity now, something they didn't have with Schotty. It always seemed like they didn't know what they wanted to do under Schotty. Sparano is bringing much needed discipline to our offense.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:21 AM

I know a lot of guys in here gave you flack for these, but I honestly can't argue too much with those statements. 2ndhand has enjoyed throwing around stats but those don't mean that the potential and talent isn't their for Bess and Fasano. Fasano used to beast on us but last year the whole team was in a wierd place so no one did well. Bess still has some of the best hands in the game and is shifty to boot. So throw last year out as far as stats go. Your other points are pretty spot on as well. I will give that to you.

However, the dolphins have a new coach, they have very low morale, and they are still in rebuild mode. On top of that, the fish have a REAL qb competition going on so they aren't even set there yet. The Jets may have a qb controversy if Sanchez falters early in the season, which is almost inevitable, but as you put it Tebow is also a starter and he did a similar thing in Denver and took his team to the playoffs so why couldn't he put a similar performance with the Jets? And to beat your prediction he doesn't even need to get us to the playoffs just keep us out of the basement.

I am not trying to say the Fish won't play the Jets tough, they always do. But to say a team who is on life support, is rebuilding, and doesn't know who their starting qb is yet is going to finish over the Jets over the course of a 16 game season, along with the Bills, who have yet to put it together all 16 games, is still pretty far fetched.

The funniest part of the video is the way you were talking up the Jets I was expecting nothing less than a prediction of contending with the Pats, not necessarily overtaking, but contending. If you like them so much, how could you say they would finish dead last in their division? I don't know what a team you didn't like would look like finishing in your opinion.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostClemens11, on 21 June 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

I know a lot of guys in here gave you flack for these, but I honestly can't argue too much with those statements. 2ndhand has enjoyed throwing around stats but those don't mean that the potential and talent isn't their for Bess and Fasano.

I dont know what you're talking about when you say "potential". Fasano is a 6 year vet. He's going into his 7th season... he has never eclipsed 530 yards in a single season. In fact, he only reached 500 yards once, two years ago. He is what he is, I wouldn't even go as far as to call him a good red zone target because his career high in TDs is 7. He's a blocking back who can get you 450 yards per season in reception. I'm not a huge Keller fan but from a production standpoint, Keller runs laps around Fasano and it's not even close.

Bess is a good player. But now he's entering the spot light. Brandon Marshall's crazy ass is gone. Now Bess gets to run with the big dogs and pee in the tall grass. How's he going to fare against #1 CBs? He has good quickness, but no real speed. He doesn't have the short area ability that Welker has. Bess is probably the best slot WR in the NFL, but the Fish are making him the #1. To top that off, his running mate is Chad Ochocinco who hasn't been productive in 3 years and should probably have been out of football by now. Compare Bess, the artist formerly knows and Chad, Legedu Naane and whatever pupu platter emerges out of camp to Holmes, Stephen Hill (who hasn't done jack shit but at this point will be harder to cover than Chad simply because he can run), Kerly and our pupu platter and I don't think the two cores are similar at all.

#12 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 21 June 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

I dont know what you're talking about when you say "potential". Fasano is a 6 year vet. He's going into his 7th season... he has never eclipsed 530 yards in a single season. In fact, he only reached 500 yards once, two years ago. He is what he is, I wouldn't even go as far as to call him a good red zone target because his career high in TDs is 7. He's a blocking back who can get you 450 yards per season in reception. I'm not a huge Keller fan but from a production standpoint, Keller runs laps around Fasano and it's not even close.

Bess is a good player. But now he's entering the spot light. Brandon Marshall's crazy ass is gone. Now Bess gets to run with the big dogs and pee in the tall grass. How's he going to fare against #1 CBs? He has good quickness, but no real speed. He doesn't have the short area ability that Welker has. Bess is probably the best slot WR in the NFL, but the Fish are making him the #1. To top that off, his running mate is Chad Ochocinco who hasn't been productive in 3 years and should probably have been out of football by now. Compare Bess, the artist formerly knows and Chad, Legedu Naane and whatever pupu platter emerges out of camp to Holmes, Stephen Hill (who hasn't done jack shit but at this point will be harder to cover than Chad simply because he can run), Kerly and our pupu platter and I don't think the two cores are similar at all.

Fasano makes plays, thats what you don't understand cus u just look at stat lines. And Bess isn't entering the spotlight because he just got Eclipsed by Chad Johnson, the wide receiver formerly known as Ochocinco. You dont need big stats to be a playmaker, you just need to make big plays when called upon and both players can do that. Anything else you want to be wrong about?
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostClemens11, on 21 June 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Fasano makes plays, thats what you don't understand cus u just look at stat lines. And Bess isn't entering the spotlight because he just got Eclipsed by Chad Johnson, the wide receiver formerly known as Ochocinco. You dont need big stats to be a playmaker, you just need to make big plays when called upon and both players can do that. Anything else you want to be wrong about?

You're so stupid, I'm surprised you don't fall down more.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users