NYJetsFan.com Forums: Plaxico Burress Has Little Praise For Sanchez, Tebow - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
azjetfan Icon : (22 November 2014 - 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 AM) TEH CRYSTAL PALACE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) Lulz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Brad Smith just took a shot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) saw that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) smithsiah
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) will return
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) king of the juice
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 01:53 PM) Sanchez int at Eagles 30
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) So yeah umm anyone know if the game is going to broadcast on national TV tomorrow?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) From what I have read it will be on in the NY and Buffalo areas as well as Ticket. That's it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:57 PM) well that fucks everyone who is outside of the area
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) Sanchez 3 straight 300+ yards passing games
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) I have no faith in Idzik hiring a good HC or signing/drafting good players.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) I saw a old dude and his wife at a pizza shop tonight. He was wearing an old timers service hat. I picked up his tab.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) FIRE COUGHLIN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) I love how there are so many rookie WRs beasting it in the deepest WR class in a long time, yet our genius GM couldn't land one.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) My guy Odell Beckham torching the Cowboys
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Look at this catch he made, sick https://mtc.cdn.vine...P67xwaORGsCqtLF
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...sharpnosepuffer
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) Another link
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) Your guy Odell lol
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) I ravedddd about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:26 AM) he was the guy I wanted most out of the draft. I knew we had no shot at Watkins or Evans.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 08:59 AM) Pretty sure i remember talking to you about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:33 AM) yeah we talked about him, I remember you loved him too. When I started paying attention to potential draft guys he was the guy I wanted most with our 1st round pick. This was before he was talked about as a legit first rounder, then he skyrocketed up the boards and ended up going too high for us.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) I was and am huge on Jarvis Landry too
santana Icon : (Today, 11:04 AM) I knew about odell since grade school
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:12 AM) You don't follow football.
santana Icon : (Today, 11:57 AM) I was raving about him all 2012
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:59 AM) Thanks for the fantasy win bum.
santana Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) you are welcome
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) i'm happy with my performance i fielded a great team. rain in oakland screwed me a bit as did the pack vs the vikings
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) just not in the cards
santana Icon : (Today, 12:05 PM) I enjoyed how you second guessed your self twice with murray and mckinnon
santana Icon : (Today, 12:06 PM) also fleener off the wire lulz
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) 70 degrees out going to go hit 18 holes and then catch mnf at the super dome
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) I AM THE TABLE
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) ....frown face
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) You're ripping my decisions and you still lost.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:59 PM) I do feel your pain though. Would of beaten everyone. Especially Mr Jet
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:04 PM) And i liked your move to stop my defensive streaming and you picked up all shit defences
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Plaxico Burress Has Little Praise For Sanchez, Tebow

#1 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

It's become clear the New York Jets aren't interested in bringing back Plaxico Burress for a second season in New York. Burress is surely aware of this, which probably explains his passive aggressive digs of Mark Sanchez on Thursday on ESPN's "First Take."

According to Pro Football Talk, Burress refused to offer any compliments of Sanchez despite repeated softballs lobbed his way. When asked if Sanchez could lead the Jets to the Super Bowl, Burress replied, "They just paid him, so I think they believe he is."

Obviously, that wasn't the question. Burress again was asked if Sanchez could lead the Jets to a title, not if the Jets thought he could.

"Um, I think the defense will," Burress said. "I think they definitely have a Super Bowl defense."

OK then. Burress is similarly unimpressed with the Jets' new backup quarterback, Tim Tebow.

"As a starting wide receiver in the NFL, you walk out there on Sunday and line up," Burress said. "It's not Peyton Manning back there."

It's times like this when you wonder if Burress has any level of self-awareness. The guy is desperately searching for a job, but he doesn't realize it might not come off well if you go on national television and slyly disparage your former quarterback.

We're not saying a five-minute spot on some morning show will keep Burress out of the NFL. But it doesn't help.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

This guy is only hurting himself at this point. Move on. The locker room fallout is old news. Don't sit there and continue to rip on the team that gave you a chance after you shot yourself in the leg and then went to jail for it.

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

This is the same guy who walked his routes. Terrible signing. Said it back then and I'll say it always.

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

Apparently asking for way too much, no one will pay him what the Jets did last season. A team might take him on for a minimum. But still, bringing in a old guy like him could stunt the development of younger receivers.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Steve Smith on NFLN was asked about Burress. The guy basically wants no part of him on the team at all. Not even remotely. I get the feeling he's not a fan of Plax.

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

Posted Image

And at this point he'll by lucky if they even take him.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#7 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:08 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 21 June 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

This is the same guy who walked his routes. Terrible signing. Said it back then and I'll say it always.

Terrible signing? He may have not been the fastest, and he may have dogged routes, but in one year the Jets went from one of the worst teams in red zone efficency to one of the better ones. What happened between those two years? Oh yea Plax was signed and scored tds in the redzone, thats right.

You can hate the guy, you can say he is one dimmensional, but to say he was a terrible signing when had a huge impact in drastically improving our redzone offense is just asinine.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   NYJETSFAN1 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostClemens11, on 25 June 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

Terrible signing? He may have not been the fastest, and he may have dogged routes, but in one year the Jets went from one of the worst teams in red zone efficency to one of the better ones. What happened between those two years? Oh yea Plax was signed and scored tds in the redzone, thats right.

You can hate the guy, you can say he is one dimmensional, but to say he was a terrible signing when had a huge impact in drastically improving our redzone offense is just asinine.

I gotta agree with this, he at the very least attracted coverage in the redzone and made some huge catches for us. I definitely don't think he's the classiest guy in the world, but it wasn't a bad signing at all - and he was not even close to the worst element in the locker room last year.

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

View PostNYJETSFAN1, on 25 June 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

I gotta agree with this, he at the very least attracted coverage in the redzone and made some huge catches for us. I definitely don't think he's the classiest guy in the world, but it wasn't a bad signing at all - and he was not even close to the worst element in the locker room last year.

the fact we relied on him to be a starter right out of prison was stupid. he had a nice niche in the red zone and made some nice catches but it was management fault for miscasting him. had we had a real #2 and used plax as a number 3 we would have done better
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 25 June 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

the fact we relied on him to be a starter right out of prison was stupid. he had a nice niche in the red zone and made some nice catches but it was management fault for miscasting him. had we had a real #2 and used plax as a number 3 we would have done better

Agreed
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

no arguements here with that statement.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

When I was ranting and raving last June, I was the asshole. Now we all agree. Letting BE walk out for pennies and paying Plax more was retarded.

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 June 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

When I was ranting and raving last June, I was the asshole. Now we all agree. Letting BE walk out for pennies and paying Plax more was retarded.

I think everyone here was in agreement that we should have kept braylon. I'd even take him right now for a vet minimum 1 year in case hill has toruble adjusting. schiillens and kerly aren't starting material so were relying on a rookie who came from a triple option offense
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

I don't think BE even played the first 10 weeks because of injury and court
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

View Postsantana, on 26 June 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

I don't think BE even played the first 10 weeks because of injury and court

True but this season he would be more of a role player/ comfort level player with the offense. What if hill doesn't catch on quickly? what if holmes gets hurt?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 June 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

I think everyone here was in agreement that we should have kept braylon. I'd even take him right now for a vet minimum 1 year in case hill has toruble adjusting. schiillens and kerly aren't starting material so were relying on a rookie who came from a triple option offense

Not everyone :acute: And as santanna pointed out he would have been a waste of a player last year because he barely played in the season. Plax might have cost more but he gave us more and what else were we going to use the cap space for last year?
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 27 June 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

True but this season he would be more of a role player/ comfort level player with the offense. What if hill doesn't catch on quickly? what if holmes gets hurt?

But I thought Hill was bound to be the real deal from day one?! ;)

With Burress, there's a reason why he hasn't caught on anywhere else. A solid red zone threat, but he offers little else outside of that part of the field. If anybody is considering signing him, they'll face the tough question of whether they'll be willing to have a #3 receiver who won't be a threat on every down and who can't offer anything special teams wise as a returner.

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 27 June 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

But I thought Hill was bound to be the real deal from day one?! ;)

With Burress, there's a reason why he hasn't caught on anywhere else. A solid red zone threat, but he offers little else outside of that part of the field. If anybody is considering signing him, they'll face the tough question of whether they'll be willing to have a #3 receiver who won't be a threat on every down and who can't offer anything special teams wise as a returner.

Lol he is but shit happens. what if he blows out his ACL in a freak injury in preseason?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 28 June 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

Lol he is but shit happens. what if he blows out his ACL in a freak injury in preseason?

Don't put a curse on Hill by saying stuff like that!

#20 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 28 June 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Don't put a curse on Hill by saying stuff like that!

That is exactly what came to mind as I read that comment myself. The jets have more than their share of bad luck. Have you ever noticed when guys like Phil Simms says something like "Folk hasn't missed from inside 40 yards in 12 kicks"?

What is the next thing that happens? You got it; wide right!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users