NYJetsFan.com Forums: What I Learned From The 1St Preseason Game: - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) SUCK THE DUCK!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) WOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) Happy Mr_Jet?
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:18 PM) Ray Rice has been reinstated!
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:19 PM) Sign him!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:28 PM) Can he pass block?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:23 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

What I Learned From The 1St Preseason Game:

#21 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

I just thought TS was an O-Line coach. I thought he would improve the line. If this performance is a sign of things to come Tebow will be starting week 2 because Sanchez will be on IR. I am reserving judgement until the third preseason game, but not feeling real good right now about this O.
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 11 August 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

I'm hoping to god that post wasn't supposed to mean that you think Teblow is better than Sanchez. If you think that, then PLEASE put down whatever the hell it is that you're smoking. I don't want a repeat of 1995. That's exactly what we'd have if he was our QB.

As for last night's game......the O-line wasn't absolutely terrible as a whole. Griffin & Campbell were the knuckleheads. Austin Howard actually looked pretty decent on the Left side. The right side is where our problem is.

Our receivers? Who knows honestly. Sanchez never had time to throw and Teblow CAN'T so we never had the chance to find out.

Defense......there's no doubt that the player of the night was big 6'6" #98. Coples is going to be something special if the boy can get his stamina right. He was involved again & again last night. Let's just hope that wasn't only because of it being against 2nd & 3rd stringers. He looked good and he looked hungry. We've been missing that for a long time. We need him to become that beast that he can be.

who is a better pocket passer doesn't matter. With our oline Tebow looked better because he has the ability to extend plays and make big plays with his legs. You have to play to your team's strengths and weaknesses and the best qb to run the ship, based on that game, is Tebow. He is the only one who could really move the offense. No run game, no protection, but he can make people miss and make a pass or run for big games. He averaged over 8 yards per carry, not too shabby. Minues the int he made very accurate passes and knew when to throw the ball away. Tebow was the right guy for the job. Didn't take a loss, kept the offense moving forward, and (again minus his last throw which was poor but I like his trust in his receivers to get open one on one) kept the ball secure to lead to scoring drives and win the field position battle. that's all Rex wants and sadly looks like the best we can hope for so might as well put the guy in who is the most successful at running THIS OFFENSE.

You can definately argue that Sanchez is the better NFL qb right now, but to deny that Tebow is a legitimate candidate to successfully run our offense, in its current state, is the only thought worthy of being thought to be induced by drugs. Sanchez got sacked by one hand last night and had terrible movement in the pocket. Sanchez used to have some pretty good feet and mobility in the pocket but last night he was looking like Drew Bledsoe, aka: a statue. Tebow was able to move in the pocket, avoid the rush, keep his eyes downfield, and either deliver a throw or throw it away or run for good yardage. Unless our oline gets a premium upgrade by week 1, Tebow is the right man for the job period, because he is the only man we have who can move our offense with the players around him.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostClemens11, on 11 August 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

who is a better pocket passer doesn't matter. With our oline Tebow looked better because he has the ability to extend plays and make big plays with his legs. You have to play to your team's strengths and weaknesses and the best qb to run the ship, based on that game, is Tebow. He is the only one who could really move the offense. No run game, no protection, but he can make people miss and make a pass or run for big games. He averaged over 8 yards per carry, not too shabby. Minues the int he made very accurate passes and knew when to throw the ball away. Tebow was the right guy for the job. Didn't take a loss, kept the offense moving forward, and (again minus his last throw which was poor but I like his trust in his receivers to get open one on one) kept the ball secure to lead to scoring drives and win the field position battle. that's all Rex wants and sadly looks like the best we can hope for so might as well put the guy in who is the most successful at running THIS OFFENSE.

So, based on his poor performance throwing the ball in the first preseason game of the year when the OC says they aren't going to run the full offense you think Tebow is better for the team?

HATER.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#24 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

I'm gonna give the offense time before I ripped them. Its game 1 of the pre season. Everybody look like $hit. But I think Sanchez will not be the starter by the end of the regular season. The team move better with tebow.

#25 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 12 August 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

So, based on his poor performance throwing the ball in the first preseason game of the year when the OC says they aren't going to run the full offense you think Tebow is better for the team?

HATER.

??????? :boredom: What just happened? :scare: you obviously didnt read what I said, so I'll give you the 1st grade version: The players on offense dont fit for Sanchez to be successfull. The current offense is more successful with Tebow. Has nothing to do with Sanchez as a thrower, but his ability to face a heavy pass rush.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 12 August 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

HATER.

??????? :boredom: What just happened? :scare: you obviously didnt read what I said, so I'll give you the 1st grade version: The players on offense dont fit for Sanchez to be successfull. The current offense is more successful with Tebow. Has nothing to do with Sanchez as a thrower, but his ability to face a heavy pass rush.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

First grade is basing who fits better in an offense that wasn't running it's full playbook off three runs. Yeah, our best bet is to have Tebow's run/pass ratio be 3-4 and is int-pass ratio be 1-4.

Great breakdown Jaws.

#28 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 12 August 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

First grade is basing who fits better in an offense that wasn't running it's full playbook off three runs. Yeah, our best bet is to have Tebow's run/pass ratio be 3-4 and is int-pass ratio be 1-4.

Great breakdown Jaws.

if tebow's int-pass ratio was 1-4 who wouldn't want him starting? 1 int for every 4 tds is a pretty nice ratio to me ;) (edited because some people cant understand tis was a mistype of tds and thought it meant passes. cus passes starts with a T).

Don't join a conversation if you don't like the topic. we were only talking about based after this game and i specifically said may not be the case later on but that seems like where we are going. if your gonna argue know what you are arguing, and if you want to argue something different, make a different topic. thats like going into a conversation about who the best player in the NBA is and then be mad that no one is talking about the PGA tour. get on topic or stay out.

Oh and btw, you might wanna check out the article that was posted in this forum that has Rex agreeing with me ;) plus I'm just piggy backing off of what 2ndhand said and i don't see you talking to him so the only HATER in here is you Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

if tebow's int-pass ratio was 1-4 who wouldn't want him starting? 1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me ;)

Don't join a conversation if you don't like the topic. we were only talking about based after this game and i specifically said may not be the case later on but that seems like where we are going. if your gonna argue know what you are arguing, and if you want to argue something different, make a different topic. thats like going into a conversation about who the best player in the NBA is and then be mad that no one is talking about the PGA tour. get on topic or stay out.

Oh and btw, you might wanna check out the article that was posted in this forum that has Rex agreeing with me ;) plus I'm just piggy backing off of what 2ndhand said and i don't see you talking to him so the only HATER in here is you Posted Image

Well this disproves all that "I do well in school" BS you put out there. A 1-4 Int-Pass ratio means he throws one interception to four passes, so that is 25%. Which would mean a QB throwing 20 passes and putting out 5 int is "pretty good" according to your opinion.

#30 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 12 August 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

Well this disproves all that "I do well in school" BS you put out there. A 1-4 Int-Pass ratio means he throws one interception to four passes, so that is 25%. Which would mean a QB throwing 20 passes and putting out 5 int is "pretty good" according to your opinion.

no one does an int- pass ratio its an int- td ratio. and his ratio in the game was 1 int in 8 passes so you are still wrong. love your sig btw hater ;) cant wait for tebow to be winning us games and you not knowing what to do with yourself haha.
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

Clemens11 I have gone ahead and changed your display name to Tebow15

also you have been promoted from D coordinator to Derp Coordinator
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#32 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

View Postsantana, on 12 August 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

#33 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

WOW :hysterical:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Thats the best thing you've done. Period.

#35 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

the only problem i have with everybody jockin Tebow is,that WE AND THE ENTIRE LEAGUE KNOWS TEBOW CANT THROW! he was good for a couple games last year and once teams figured him out he got shut down... he didnt really show anything that we didnt already know,and now teams have footage to work with... i do agree with that the oline needs to step it up cuz Sanchez is gonna get murdered out there if they play like that this season...

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users