NYJetsFan.com Forums: Rex Ryan Says Tebow Will See Greater Role If Protection Struggles - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Rex Ryan Says Tebow Will See Greater Role If Protection Struggles Ut oh

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

Rex Ryan says Tim Tebow could see greater role on offense if pass protection struggles
BY Manish Mehta

CORTLAND -- The Jets gave up five sacks in their preseason-opening loss to the Bengals on Friday night. Mark Sanchez was sacked twice in series.

Rex Ryan left the door open to an intriguing possibility if the Jets’ pass protection struggles during the regular season. Could Tim Tebow, who eluded two sacks with his feet on Friday, take on a greater role in the offense if the protection doesn’t hold up? There’s little doubt that Tebow’s escapability to mask deficiencies in the pass protection.

“We’re open to anything,” Ryan said before practice on Sunday.

Ryan admitted that he didn’t plan to unveil the Wildcat with Tebow even before he got a call from Marvin Lewis asking him not to use it the day before the game.

“I let Marvin think that, but no,” Ryan said. “The Wildcat is tough to defend. Are we going to do it? Of course. At some point, we’re going to do it. But again, it’s more of the old, some people think that the wildcat’s come and gone. No, it hasn’t. If anything, it’s just the opposite.”

Ryan also revealed that he considered Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick in the 2011 draft. The 49ers selected him in the second round.

“I was really intrigued by him when he came out,” Ryan said. “Because we’re losing Brad (Smith). They drafted him before we could. But I was interested in him… So you’re seeing these guys. It’s hard to defend some of that stuff. When you have the ability to throw as well as run, it makes it tough.”

Ryan praised Tebow’s ability to run against any type of coverage.

“He ran against man coverage, he ran against zone coverage,” Ryan said about Tebow’s performance on Friday night. “That’s what he does. If you rush four, he can run on you. You can rush, six, seven,
whatever, he can go do that. But I also like the way he threw the ball.”

NOTES:
WR Chaz Schilens
left the preseason opener with an ankle injury, Ryan said. Schilens already had been dealing with a groin injury during camp.

Ryan said that safety Eric Smith is “day-to-day” after suffering a knee injury against the Bengals. The Daily News first reported on Saturday that Smith will miss the rest of the preseason games due to a left MCL sprain. Ryan said that the Jets will take a cautious approach with Smith, but are not considering adding a veteran safety to the roster.

Ryan singled out offensive linemen Austin Howard and Vlad Ducasse after watching the tape of the preseason opener. He was expecially pleased by Howard, who started at right tackle for Wayne Hunter in the first preseason game.

“Anybody that can play like the way he played is trying to tell you something and you got to find a way to get him out there,” Ryan said. “I don’t know about competition. You earn your playing time in this league. You got to put him out there sometime. I don’t know how many reps… I told the team, as well as he played… is he going to play tackle? Is he going to play this spot, that spot? Is he going to play defense? Because anybody that plays like that deserves to play. That’s something that I was encouraged with….. He is driving people and finishing and that’s what we’ve been talking about. I’m really encouraged by him.”

WR Santonio Holmes (ribs) and WR Jeremy Kerley (hamstring) aren’t expected to practice on Sunday. Ryan hopes that Kerley will be able to fully practice before the end of the week.

RT Wayne Hunter (lower back) will be monitored at practice on Sunday, Ryan said.

#2 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

Great call. Base who your QB is off the fact you didn't address weak spots on the line.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

The title is misleading, he didn't say Tebow will. He said that they are open to anything when asked the question.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

I wrote this 2 days ago. Whoever can get our defense the most rest is going to end up starting.

#5 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 12 August 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

I wrote this 2 days ago. Whoever can get our defense the most rest is going to end up starting.

The title of the article was very misleading. Typical media.

If we end up running a pot luck offensive scheme this year then we are not going to go very far. However I wouldn't push the panic button until near the end of September. During pre season you are trying out different ppl and different things. I only hope that if by substituting Tebow in certain situations we are not telegraphing our intentions. I would like to think that Tebow gives us diversity and not predictability.

#6 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

Posted Image
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#7 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 12 August 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

Great call. Base who your QB is off the fact you didn't address weak spots on the line.

U MAD? Posted Image
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users