NYJetsFan.com Forums: Really Getting Tired Of Not Having A Stud Signal Caller - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (24 October 2014 - 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 AM) SILVA!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 AM) Wait I mean
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 AM) FIRE IDZICK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) What channel can I watch el clasico
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:06 AM) TEH CLASICO
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:39 AM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:05 PM) Messi to Suarez to Neymar and goal
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) My nipples were so stiff
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Isco the Spanish Shepard so tenacious gotta order that kit!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:31 PM) WE THE PEOPLE
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Really Getting Tired Of Not Having A Stud Signal Caller

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

I get pissed when I look at Green Bay. To have Favre for all those years then to have him retire to have Rodgers take the torch. It hurts. Some teams just find their guys and others never do. When are the Jets ever going to find their guy? How long is it going to take. The football Gods are crazy. They don't wanna put a stud QB on a great defensive team. Look at the Ravens now the Jets. Kyle Boller, Flacco, Sanchez. Chad Pennington should have been our guy but of course he's a dry noodle and got injured.

Im tired of the constant sh*t with this team. Tired of having these absolutely DISGUSTING offensive showings. Tired of not having a legit signal caller. Lets face it, whether its Tebow or Sanchez were screwed. Sanchez has had a camp similar to the ones he's had in the past. His accuracy sucks, ball placement is suspect, indecisive in the pocket and he just doesn't take shots anymore. He's ultra conservative now. Always opting for underneath and check down stuff. Just doesn't have the stones to penetrate the defense vertically.

I guess I'm just fed up. The first 3 years at times looked highschool-ish with the offense. I was patient early on, as we go along I'm losing patience. Now its year 4. I hear all the wonderful things Sanchez has been doing and I compliment him. He's really trying to be an elite guy. I give him credit but sometimes your just not fit to be elite. Maybe something else is his calling and not footall.

Just ranting but I would like nothing more to go into the season confident in my QB. I don't know what that feels like.

#2 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

Well you won't have to worry about Sanchez much longer since he'll likely get killed behind this offensive line before the bye week.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#3 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

Stud signal caller...

Posted Image

haha
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Someone post the pic of Tebow with his shirt off again...

#5 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

Packers have a consistent vision, especially on offense. They build with the idea that they are going to get use out of guys and don't become beholden to offensive personnel (especially receiver).

The Jets haven't had an actual offensive philosophy in years. Edwards didn't have one. Mangini didn't really. Ryan think saying "we wanna run it" is an offensive gameplan. Schotty was in charge of the offense and didn't even understand you can't both distrust your QB and call 60 passes at the same time.

We've thrown out the future on multiple waste of space headline grabs that cost us. Holmes and Burress and Favre and drafting Sanchez to play in an illfitting offense where he has gotten beat to a pulp.

The Jets offensive woes are there own.

And the Ravens have the same problem. They've gotten by throwing every RB they can against the wall and hoping it sticks, but when it didn't pan out (injuries,etc) the team just failed.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#6 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

That's what happens when you have a new coach every 3 to 4 years and it starts with them and the GM.

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

Lets keep in mind that 25 other teams are in the same or worse shap than us at QB. Aaron Rogers could not do what he does behind our O-Line right now.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

If things go bad, I rather get a new GM than HC. I would get someone that knows football and knows talent. Tannenbaum is more of a money guy, he leans on others with football moves but often he goes on just the business end and gets rid of a player because of money and it screwed us at times. I think Rex is a good football coach, I am worried that our offense doesn't have enough talent. We already know that our RBs are nothing special, so we need our OL to block better and open holes up. We don't have a good #2 TE, Jeff Cumberland is athletic but he can't block and looked awful vs the Bengals in pass protection. Stephen Hill could be great, he has the talent and attitude, but hes raw and he has issues with drops that he needs to fix.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

As I said before, if we don't make the playoffs this year Rex and Tanny both face firings. Rex because he's made a clown of himself and winning helped offset that. If he's not winning, he'll look awful. (Although he's realized this now and shut up a bit).

Tanny because lets be honest, he sucks as a GM.

#10 User is offline   #73jetsfan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Music Art, and Sports

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Attached Image TEBOW...TIMMY !
" Using No Way as Way, Having No Limitation, as Limitation" - Bruce Lee

"You must show no mercy nor have any belief
whatsoever in how others judge you ,
For your greatness will silence them all !"
-Warrior

#11 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 13 August 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

Lets keep in mind that 25 other teams are in the same or worse shap than us at QB. Aaron Rogers could not do what he does behind our O-Line right now.

I beg to differ. The Packers OL when they went to the superbowl was amongst the worst in the league. Thing is Rodgers knows how to use his footwork and his athleticism. Sanchez is too indecisive on what he wants to do.

This post really isn't about Sanchez or Tebow. We're stuck with them for now and as much as I want to put my faith in Sanchez I can't. He strikes me as very unsure, bewildered out there. Still strikes me as a puppy like he was when he was a rookie in his demeanor. I don't know. I personally don't feel the answer we need is on the roster. Unfortunately by that time their not on this roster neither will Rex and likely Mike T more then likely. Often times no matter how good your defense is, if you don't have a signal caller your coach won't last long.

Rex's days are numbered if Sanchez can't get "unSchottyfied". Hopefully Sparano and Sanchez mesh.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 13 August 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

I beg to differ. The Packers OL when they went to the superbowl was amongst the worst in the league. Thing is Rodgers knows how to use his footwork and his athleticism. Sanchez is too indecisive on what he wants to do.

This post really isn't about Sanchez or Tebow. We're stuck with them for now and as much as I want to put my faith in Sanchez I can't. He strikes me as very unsure, bewildered out there. Still strikes me as a puppy like he was when he was a rookie in his demeanor. I don't know. I personally don't feel the answer we need is on the roster. Unfortunately by that time their not on this roster neither will Rex and likely Mike T more then likely. Often times no matter how good your defense is, if you don't have a signal caller your coach won't last long.

Rex's days are numbered if Sanchez can't get "unSchottyfied". Hopefully Sparano and Sanchez mesh.

That i understand. I noticed it too the 1st game. remember when vinny T was old and he kept seeing "ghost rushers" sanchez seems like he is always rushing things and not hanging in there cause he knows his o-line is gonna give out and he's gonna get rushed. he always seems like he doens't trust his WRs. i see rodgers make some throws into tight coverage cause he trusts his WRs. I don't hink sanchez does. holmes gave up last year and who else does he have that he can trust. keller is the only one it seems liek he trusts to make a play for the ball
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

That first year Rodgers was playing for Green Bay he got absolutely destroyed behind an awful offensive line, worse than what the Jets have. And he still did far better than Sanchez has ever done in any of the years he's played.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 13 August 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

That first year Rodgers was playing for Green Bay he got absolutely destroyed behind an awful offensive line, worse than what the Jets have. And he still did far better than Sanchez has ever done in any of the years he's played.

All I hear are excuses,excuses, excuses.

It's like Sanchez needs a top 3 defense, top 5 running game, elite WR's and 5 pro bowl OL. I'm tired of the excuses. People get too hung up on those 2 AFC championship games. I don't care who you have a QB. When your running game and defense are amongst the best in the league you'll go places. The same argument we use in Sanchez's case we could almost use in reverse and say if Sanchez hadn't been our QB and had anyone else we might be superbowl champs.

#15 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

The thing is and it's been said a million times before. Great "stud" QBs don't grow on trees and they don't become that over night. If San Diego knew Drew Brees would become what he became in New Orleans, they would have never drafted Rivers and let Brees go despite his shoulder injury. Does anybody believe if the 49ers had drafted Rodgers instead of Alex Smith that Rodgers would be where he is right now. Rodgers had the benefit of sitting behind Favre for 3 seasons and getting time to BECOME a stud QB. I don't think he would have become that if he had been a starter his rookie season if he had been a 49er.

I totally understand the frustration though. Most of us are too young to remember watching Namath and that NFL was an entirely different era and style of football. We mostly know him because of the lure of the guarantee and winning Super Bowl III. But since him we've either gotten QBs who didn't pan out for whatever reason (Todd, O'Brien, Pennington) or QBs who's best years were already behind them by the time they joined the Jets (Boomer, Vinny, Favre). Then of course as we all know the Jets could've drafted Dan Marino and chose not to, so that doesn't help either. So I understand the frustration and constant wondering when is it going to be our turn. But let's not jump the gun and just throw Sanchez out the door before we see what he does without Schotty. Sadly we may not get to see this becuase I honestly believe he'll get injured behind this offensive line. He like every other QB who's ever played QB needs to be upright and not under constant pressure. I can't stress that fact enough. You can't expect him to be throwing bombs down the field while he's laying on his back. I've never seen any QB ever do that.

Look, it has been only one PRESEASON game so far. The first team hardly played, most of the WRs that will be the starters on week 1 didn't play in that game, and we're still putting in a new offense. Sprano said before the game they weren't going to do much and that's exactly what they did. The third preseason game will be the one that's actually like a real game. So let's just chill with all the doom and gloom until we actually have something significant to analyze. I'm more worried about Shoon Greene than I am about Sanchez. The run game is the bread and butter of this offense. That's what got us to the playoffs in 2009 and 2010. We know what we need to do when it comes to the run game, the question is do we have the RBs capable of doing it. My question is not when are we going to get a stud QB, my question is when are we going to get one of those RBs that are later round picks or undrafted and have awesome seasons?
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 13 August 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Look, it has been only one PRESEASON game so far. The first team hardly played, most of the WRs that will be the starters on week 1 didn't play in that game, and we're still putting in a new offense. Sprano said before the game they weren't going to do much and that's exactly what they did. The third preseason game will be the one that's actually like a real game. So let's just chill with all the doom and gloom until we actually have something significant to analyze. I'm more worried about Shoon Greene than I am about Sanchez. The run game is the bread and butter of this offense. That's what got us to the playoffs in 2009 and 2010. We know what we need to do when it comes to the run game, the question is do we have the RBs capable of doing it. My question is not when are we going to get a stud QB, my question is when are we going to get one of those RBs that are later round picks or undrafted and have awesome seasons?

This is what cracks me up, fans are panicking based on 1 preseason game where the starters barely played. Sanchez is awful because he didn't throw a downfield pass in 2 possessions and he was under pressure.

Another thing to remember with the new system, they are also learning a new blocking scheme so unblocked blitzers in the first game is not something totally unexpected.

There aren't many truly elite QBs and those that are it took YEARS for them to reach that level. And you can talk about the run game and defense, but how did that help Sanchez as a passer? There are other factors that go into a passing game, the Jets didn't focus on the passing game, they have new WRs all the time, they have had lazy cancerous WRs like Holmes, Edwards, and Burress. Never any elite skill players. And the passing schemes weren't great, they have been pretty bad the entire time Schottenheimer has been OC of the Jets.

If we move on from Sanchez, I am confident he can become a good starting QB with another team. The Jets don't really understand how to develop a young QB. I wish we could at least find a elite skill player. We don't have a top 10 WR or RB on this roster.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

do u ever watch the packers? Aaron Rodgers does it behind an AWFUL oline cus the only good olinemen he has are always hurt.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 13 August 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

All I hear are excuses,excuses, excuses.

It's like Sanchez needs a top 3 defense, top 5 running game, elite WR's and 5 pro bowl OL. I'm tired of the excuses. People get too hung up on those 2 AFC championship games. I don't care who you have a QB. When your running game and defense are amongst the best in the league you'll go places. The same argument we use in Sanchez's case we could almost use in reverse and say if Sanchez hadn't been our QB and had anyone else we might be superbowl champs.

EXACTL! ALL OF THIS ^ Thank you!

P.S. thank you to whoever changed my name. Just realized it was different because I just leave myself signed on. I Approve!:drinks:
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 13 August 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

His first year was also after years of sitting on the bench, if he started from day 1 he would have had his struggles. The Packers did a great job at developing him, he became a different QB after years on the bench.
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

View Postsantana, on 12 August 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Clemens11 I have gone ahead and changed your display name to Tebow15

also you have been promoted from D coordinator to Derp Coordinator

Posted ImagePosted Image