NYJetsFan.com Forums: Tebow And " The Gimmick" - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) its deff a good move for the jets they will probably manage to sell some tickets for the rest of the year
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:26 PM) nice to see a move finally, hopefully he can stay healthy and give us a spark
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:27 PM) put a spork in that salad
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:39 PM) Should have gotten desean Jackson this offsesson
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:43 PM) yup
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) wowsers
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) i'm still crying from last night
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) and on top of that the jets fuccked me again by getting harvin before he could play this week lol
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) stop your crying THERE'S NO CRYING AT NYJETSFAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 08:12 AM) Jets are cutting David Nelson
jetfan4life12 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 09:15 AM) the probably could have had Santana Moss cheap. He has been healthy all season but inactive every week
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:06 AM) I'd prefer to keep him and cut Salas
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:36 AM) you would of thought david nelson would of been more of a redzone threat by this point. hes a big dude.
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Tebow And " The Gimmick"

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Are they really going to play a downhill power running game out of the wilcat or "single wing" with Tebow? I mean in order to really reap what the scheme can bring you need to be able to run AND pass out of it. Therefore Tebow would be ran like Ricky and Ronnie. Thing about those 2 backs is they really punished the defense. When that wildcat was clicking with Miami it beat us up by the 4th. Not just us though. Any team they played. By the 4th the defense is beaten down to a pulp. Thats the way that system works best and of course that element of the pass.

I'm just gonna have to wait and see how they deploy it.

I mean come on. Something crazy is gonna go down with this team this year. Tebow, Sparano who basically exploded the wildcat on the scene. Things are going to get real interesting come September. I mean look at how monsterous this Austin Howard kid is. The Jets are going to be a serious smash mouth running team.

#2 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

You don't need to be able to pass out of the formation, period. Ronnie Brown attempted six passes in 2009. Smith attempted 3 in 2010. There isn't even always an actual receiver on the field in the Wild-whatever.

The formation creates two issues. It overloads a side of the line and has a fake hand off. So either the back taking the ball passes it off to the guy in motion or he runs into a pile and hopes for a hole. Miami did a great job giving Brown room to run. I want to know who is going to be the back in motion (cause I don't believe Greene can fill that role and McKnight needs to show he can take a hit) and I want to see our OLine get stuff done.

Zero faith in this team resurrecting a gimmick offense a team used well for a year because they didn't have the ability to run an NFL offense 100% of the time.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#3 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

the problem with the thought process in this thread thus far is that it is way too narrow minded. Saying Tebow is running the wildcat doesn't just mean that we are only going to run a traditional wildcat. we can come out in a wildcat formation, or even a regular formation, and run some variation of the option. There is no way that the Jets are going to limit themselves to just jet sweep, read, and power. Triple option, speed option, inside zone option, option with wide receiver bubbles used as the "pitch man," all these are under the realm of possibilities and what I have though are def options the Jets will explore when using Tebow. The best part is Tebow might not be a great passer but he is way better at throwing the ball than Brad Smith is, so we can line up in a wildcat and fake it and throw a bomb to Hill or over the middle to Keller, or fake Triple or speed option and have him pull up and pass. there are SO many things that the Jets can do but the media and fans are so hung up on the word "Wildcat" and what it has meant in recent history, that they are ignoring the fact that basically what the Jets are going to do with Tebow is run a college spread option-like offense, with wildcat formation as an intricate part of that package.

What I am expecting is some wildcat and some more stuff along the lines of this:

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   I-STILL-HATE-KOTITE Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

When Miami unleashed the wildcat it was wild. Pennington used to get the ball also in the exchange to throw deep. I can see Soprano playing the power game forcing the opponent to put another defender in the box and then go for a big pass play. The Jets had no long plays from scrimmage last year. Tis will drastically change this year.

#5 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

The problem with the thought process in this thread is Clemens11 getting involved.

Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#6 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

Typical A1, nothing of value to add and always getting off topic. there isn't even a clemens11 post in this thread Posted Image
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users