NYJetsFan.com Forums: Bart Scott: Sanchez Is A Top 10 Qb - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Today, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Today, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Bart Scott: Sanchez Is A Top 10 Qb

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=8272637

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Mark Sanchez might be the second-most popular quarterback on his own team, but his teammates expect him to be among the 10 best in the league.

Undaunted by Tebowmania, the New York Jets' starter has impressed in training camp, raising the expectation level in the locker room. On Wednesday, defensive leaders Bart Scott and Darrelle Revis spoke glowingly of Sanchez, both saying they anticipate a big year.

It's Year 4, and Year 4 is when the game slows down for you ... Last year, you saw Joe Flacco take the next step in his fourth year and you could see Mark do the same. -- Bart Scott

They expect him "to take that next step, to be one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the league," Scott said. "It's Year 4, and Year 4 is when the game slows down for you ... Last year, you saw Joe Flacco take the next step in his fourth year and you could see Mark do the same."

Revis echoed that sentiment.

"The quarterback needs to take us there, and we're counting on Mark to do that," he said. "Everybody has to do their job, but if we lose, it falls on Mark. If we win, it falls on Mark. The biggest thing is, we're very confident in Mark and we know he can lead us. He's done it in the past, and we're counting on him. We're counting on him."

Sanchez's poor finish last season, coupled with the arrival of Tim Tebow, spawned many questions about his psyche, whether he'd be able to handle the enormous pressure.

The real test won't come until the regular season, but so far, Sanchez has responded favorably. Privately, some within the organization believe he's showing greater maturity than in the past. His teammates sense it in the huddle and in the locker room.

"He carries himself with more confidence," tight end Dustin Keller said. "Not that he wasn't confident before, but you can see he knows he's playing good."

Everybody has to do their job, but if we lose, it falls on Mark. If we win, it falls on Mark. The biggest thing is, we're very confident in Mark and we know he can lead us. -- Darrelle Revis

Sanchez has a long way to go to become a top-10 quarterback, at least as far as quarterback ratings go. He posted a career-best 78.5 rating last year but that was 23rd overall among NFL quarterbacks. By QBR metrics he was even worse, as his 33.6 Total QBR was the 30th best out of 34 quarterbacks ranked by ESPN.

Rex Ryan stopped short of endorsing Scott's top-10 prediction, saying, "I don't want to get into that." But he called Sanchez a "proven winner. He has elevated his game and I think his teammates recognize that ... I think his confidence is higher than I've ever seen it."

Sanchez's confidence, and stature in the locker room, took a hit at the end of last season, when the Jets dropped three straight and missed the playoffs for the first time in the Sanchez/Ryan era. Privately, some players questioned his leadership.

The Jets tried to rebuild Sanchez by giving him a three-year, $40.5 million contract extension, through 2016, but they undercut him by trading for Tebow -- at least that was the perception.

Scott said Sanchez "wants to prove the doubters wrong." He also complimented the fourth-year quarterback for improving his on-field demeanor.

"I always thought he overreacted too much to bad plays," Scott said. "You look at Eli [Manning]. He has the ultimate poker face. His happy face, his sad face and his excited face are all the same. I think that's one of his strengths. If defenses see they're getting to you, it's only going to pile on."

The 50 Greatest Jets Drawn from more than five decades of history, ESPN New York presents its 50 Greatest Jets. Top 50 Rank 'Em

Sanchez's career arc has been compared to that of Manning, who won his first Super Bowl in his fourth year. Sanchez recently admitted that he studied Manning's career, noting that his crosstown counterpart overcame major struggles before reaching the pinnacle.

On Saturday night, Sanchez and Manning will be at MetLife Stadium, facing each other in the preseason. According to the Jets, the Giants will see a different quarterback than the one who completed only 30 of 59 passes, with two interceptions, last Christmas Eve -- a 29-14 Jets loss.

Revis said Sanchez has improved his placement on deep balls. Coaches have lauded him for the way he has grasped Tony Sparano's system, and his ability to make checks at the line of scrimmage.

"I think everybody has seen a difference in how he walks, how he handles it if he throws a bad ball, how he carries himself," Scott said. "Mark's always been a guy that you can see his emotions and how he's feeling about himself by his facial expressions. I think now he carries himself upright and he sticks out that chest like a peacock."

That's what you have to do when there's a target on your back.

#2 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

Not just Bart. Revis is saying that too. This is being said to light a fire under Mark's a$$. They don't believe he's a top 10 QB. Sanchez says he is but what else should he say. Tebow will eventually take over this by years end. There's noone on this offense now that scares anyone. 8-8 at best. It is going to be a disater this year. When its all over, Woody should clear house starting with Rex.

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Tebow starting does nothing for this team. And a lot of people are saying that Sanchez has looked like a better QB this summer over past training camps. I don't really care about training camp stats, because its practice for one, they have a lot of injuries at WR, and if the JEts Qbs were lighting up the Jets defense I'd be worried about our defense, which has made it tough on a lot of QBs the past 3 years.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 16 August 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

Tebow starting does nothing for this team. And a lot of people are saying that Sanchez has looked like a better QB this summer over past training camps. I don't really care about training camp stats, because its practice for one, they have a lot of injuries at WR, and if the JEts Qbs were lighting up the Jets defense I'd be worried about our defense, which has made it tough on a lot of QBs the past 3 years.

It moves the ball, which no one else on offense can do. Mark hasnt scared anyone. who has sanchez put points up on? The Jags? wow! hes a top 10 qb for sure! Sanchez will cry and crawl his way back to Socal behind this line. Tebow will be able to buy time and get the ball down the field, whether through the air of with his feet. if thats nothing, i want a whole lotta nothing.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostTebow15, on 16 August 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

It moves the ball, which no one else on offense can do. Mark hasnt scared anyone. who has sanchez put points up on? The Jags? wow! hes a top 10 qb for sure! Sanchez will cry and crawl his way back to Socal behind this line. Tebow will be able to buy time and get the ball down the field, whether through the air of with his feet. if thats nothing, i want a whole lotta nothing.

Tebow led the league in 3 and outs last season.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostTebow15, on 16 August 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

It moves the ball

Based on what?

Normally I disagree with you, but you at least have some basis (re: highlight videos) for your opinion. This idea of what Tebow brings to the team is pure Sanchez-hate on your part. There is actually nothing to go on but Ryan's claims (which means there is nothing to go on since Ryan just talks until everyone leaves the room).
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#7 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

I heard this song last year. I'll wait till the season to hold my judgement. My only hope is that Sanchez's problems were because of shotty.

#8 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 16 August 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

Tebow led the league in 3 and outs last season.

But he didn't lead the league in turnovers.

[quote]
A1elbow Posted Image
Posted Yesterday, 11:02 PM

Posted ImageTebow15, on 16 August 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

It moves the ball

Based on what?

Normally I disagree with you, but you at least have some basis (re: highlight videos) for your opinion. This idea of what Tebow brings to the team is pure Sanchez-hate on your part. There is actually nothing to go on but Ryan's claims (which means there is nothing to go on since Ryan just talks until everyone leaves the room)./quote]

well thank you for at least admitting that i have some facts behind my arguments, and its not always highlight videos but i like them because they provide a visual instead of just having to read what i say and picture what i mean. anyway, back on topic. again i am referring to the first preseason game, as well as last season. Tebow might have led the league in 3 and outs but he moved the ball when it mattered most. Sanchez (with almost the same exact line we have this year) struggled to sustain drives, and the main reason for redone success last year, Plax, is no longer an option(Which is one of the main reasons we traded for tebow). Now based on how are oline looks to date, Sanchez won't be effective. You can say its the front offices fault for not addressing real needs and all that and i WILL NOT disagree with you there at all. but the Jets aren't making any huge moves so basically we have are team set for the season. this is what we have to work with, and what we have to work with, Tebow is the best option because he is one of our biggest weapons. You want your best weapons on the field as much as possible so why not start the only guy making plays so far, which is Tebow.

This is not insane thinking, Rex has conceded that if the oline stays in this depressing state that Tebow might need to play more, Greeny from Mike and Mike has said similar things and he might not have played in the NFL but talking football is his profession and he is a JETS fan so he knows the situation well, and many other ESPN analysts have said that Tebow is the better option and will eventually start. It just makes sense with the players we have. We don't have any depth at receiver, our rbs are decent at best, and our oline is below average. that whole equation = needing a mobile playmaking qb to make up for it, and Tebow might not be the most accurate guy, but he keeps plays alive and limits his mistakes so he gives you a chance to win. His style fits perfectly with Rex's desire to have defense dominate and offense win the battle of field positioning. So its ok if there are a string of 3 and outs, as long as the offense keeps good field positioning and our punt team keeps the other team in poor field positioning. then we have either brown or folk kick a bunch of field goals and hopefully get an explosive play here or there to get some tds. and i just found out my make spell check automatically makes tds into tis as soon as i press space bar, so for once the spelling error wasn't my fault haha.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

One of my problems with the idea of Tebow here is that even if your strategy is to pound the ball and so forth, but eventually you have to be able to still hit some bombs. Tebow had a guy in Denver who could create a field length TD with Tebow's shaky passing. The Jets don't.

If Holmes got mad last year, how is he going to react if the jets go into a hypothetical situation of running an offense with 15 passes a game, designed? Our other deep threat is Hill, who is a rookie without a ton of experience. Denver and the Jets were different teams.

Fox is also a better coach than Ryan.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#10 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostA1elbow, on 17 August 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

One of my problems with the idea of Tebow here is that even if your strategy is to pound the ball and so forth, but eventually you have to be able to still hit some bombs. Tebow had a guy in Denver who could create a field length TD with Tebow's shaky passing. The Jets don't.

If Holmes got mad last year, how is he going to react if the jets go into a hypothetical situation of running an offense with 15 passes a game, designed? Our other deep threat is Hill, who is a rookie without a ton of experience. Denver and the Jets were different teams.

Fox is also a better coach than Ryan.

Tebow is horrible. I don't know why people really keep thinking he's the solution. Holmes would blow a gasket if Tebow were our qb cuz he'd get maybe 1 pass thrown at him and it'd probably land in the dirt.

the pass he threw in the preseason game for an interception was so horrible of a pass. even if it wasnt intercepted it would have landed 5 yard before it hit the receiver smh.

#11 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

View Posttriple3s, on 17 August 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

I heard this song last year. I'll wait till the season to hold my judgement. My only hope is that Sanchez's problems were because of shotty.

That's my hope too. I planned all offseason to give me a chance. But when he came out last week and looked downright terrible in his first chance to prove that he's ready to become a franchise quarterback, I lost a lot of faith. And I am sick and tired of hearing people coughharlemcough tell me to relax because the offense is gonna be "vanilla" in the preseason. The offense was vanilla the entire time Sanchez has been the starting QB of the Jets. Isn't preseason the time where you should want to TAKE risks to see of Sanchez can play? There's nothing to lose in these games.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Out of curiosity, has ANYONE tried to play Tebow at tight end yet? He obviously has a ton of talent to do something. But why is everyone so dead set on making him a QB? I can't throw either, can I be an NFL quarterback?
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 17 August 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

That's my hope too. I planned all offseason to give me a chance. But when he came out last week and looked downright terrible in his first chance to prove that he's ready to become a franchise quarterback, I lost a lot of faith. And I am sick and tired of hearing people coughharlemcough tell me to relax because the offense is gonna be "vanilla" in the preseason. The offense was vanilla the entire time Sanchez has been the starting QB of the Jets. Isn't preseason the time where you should want to TAKE risks to see of Sanchez can play? There's nothing to lose in these games.

No! Because they are not going to show any sort of hand in the pre-season. IT IS THE PRE-SEASON. I don't care if the Jets go 0-4 in the pre-season every year for the next 50 years.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

View Posttriple3s, on 17 August 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

Tebow is horrible. I don't know why people really keep thinking he's the solution. Holmes would blow a gasket if Tebow were our qb cuz he'd get maybe 1 pass thrown at him and it'd probably land in the dirt.

the pass he threw in the preseason game for an interception was so horrible of a pass. even if it wasnt intercepted it would have landed 5 yard before it hit the receiver smh.

1. Cus he makes plays.

2. Could care less about Holmes at this point. Wr's had problems with Tebow in Denver, they still made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs off great defense and not turning the ball over. they got knocked out when the offense was too high powered to stop, Patsies, and Tebow panicked and turned the ball over. We have proven over the past 2-3 years that we have the capability of playing the Pats in close low scoring games. so that i dont care about.

3. You clearly don't understand how passing works in the NFL based on your final comment. Tebows int was ill advised because his man was clearly covered, but having the ball bounce 5 yards in front of the receiver is better than an INT and thats what Tebow was TRYING to do, not successful but tried to do. As a qb your job is to put it where only your guy gets it or NO ONE, that includes incompletions. Tebow even said he was aiming low and away because he trusted his guy to beat the one on one coverage, hence attempting to put it where only his guy could get it. So the thought process of the throw was great, unfortunately his guy didnt beat his man and the LB made a GREAT play on the ball. if you dont think so ill throw a ball at the ground lets see you go dive and see if you can get it. I'll give you 5 chances even. SMH

And a1elbow, see playoff game against the steelers. Tebow hit 2 deep balls in a row that were PERFECT throws, the 2nd one was a td. His short accuracy was the problem and he did well with that last game so i cant wait to see what he can do against the gmen with their pressure.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 17 August 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Out of curiosity, has ANYONE tried to play Tebow at tight end yet? He obviously has a ton of talent to do something. But why is everyone so dead set on making him a QB? I can't throw either, can I be an NFL quarterback?

No because you're 5 foot 6 and didn't even play pee wee football.

Good comparison though. You and Tim Tebow.

#16 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostTebow15, on 17 August 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

3. You clearly don't understand how passing works in the NFL based on your final comment. Tebows int was ill advised because his man was clearly covered, but having the ball bounce 5 yards in front of the receiver is better than an INT and thats what Tebow was TRYING to do, not successful but tried to do. As a qb your job is to put it where only your guy gets it or NO ONE, that includes incompletions. Tebow even said he was aiming low and away because he trusted his guy to beat the one on one coverage, hence attempting to put it where only his guy could get it. So the thought process of the throw was great, unfortunately his guy didnt beat his man and the LB made a GREAT play on the ball. if you dont think so ill throw a ball at the ground lets see you go dive and see if you can get it. I'll give you 5 chances even. SMH

obviously YOU don't get how passing works. You don't even make sense at all. I said the ball would have landed 5 yards before wr. Meaning it WASNT EVEN CLOSE TO THE WIDE RECIEVER. It was going to be 5 yards short. So he didn't put it where only his guy could get it because there was no way in hell his guy was getting that. and obviously he didn't put it where his guy or no one else could get it was AN INTERCEPTION. the linebacker made a great play on the ball. i never said anything about that not being a great play by the linebacker. It looked like the linebacker was in a zone on the play anyway not draped all over his man like you seem to think. He telegraphed where he was goin with the ball and thats why it ended up as an interception.

Furthermore, Tebow "attempted" to throw it where his man would get it and no one else did and as usual when it comes to him passing, he miscalculated and threw a trash pass.

#17 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 17 August 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Agree 100%

#18 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 17 August 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

No because you're 5 foot 6 and didn't even play pee wee football.

Good comparison though. You and Tim Tebow.

Actually I'm 6' and I played football up until high school.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users