NYJetsFan.com Forums: David Carr 2.0 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:56 PM) only 39 days 20 hours and 3 min to go till the JETS kick off the season on Sept 7th at 1pm against the Oakland Raiders
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Amaro practiced today in full pads
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:21 PM) 42 Days 39 min till Sons Of Anarchy FINAL SEASON starts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:42 PM) Amaro has a lingering sore tendon
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) I've read that hes been up and down so far
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) Dexter McDougle has been looking really good
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) Oday Aboushi might end up starting on the OL, hes been doing good at LG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:41 PM) VICK=$$$$$$
santana Icon : (Today, 09:24 AM) Everyone knows that Vick = $$
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) I do it all
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) North to south east to the west
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

David Carr 2.0

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Everytime I watch Mark Sanchez, I'm reminded of David Carr. At first I didn't want to believe it, I made excuses, I drank the Green Kool Aid but after today, I can't deny it any more. Yes I know it was a preseason game. I know we didn't gameplan. I know all of the excuses, because I told them to myself during the game. Still, I can't deny what I saw:

On the sack by Osi, Sanchez stepped up in the pocket, had the ball by his ear, ready to let it fly... then he looked back, tucked it in, took 2 steps forward and when Osi got to him from behind, Sanchez took the sack. Go watch the play and tell me if you've ever seen someone who's instincts were so backwards. Again, he had the ball by his ear... and then... HE LOOKED BACK. Not only did he not "not look at the passrush" which is what you're told as a QB, he actually TURNED HIS HEAD AND LOOKED BACK. He's shellshocked. There's no going around it and I don't think theres a cure. You can make whatever excuse you can, the scheme isn't there, the RT sucks, it's preseason... none of that matters. His subconsious is telling him to not get hit, everything else is secondary.

After the 72 sack season, David Carr couldn't cut it as a starter anymore because he couldn't get the footsteps out of his head. Unfortunately, it looks like Sanchez can't either.

It's a shame.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

you look at other OLs and they don't have linemen flying into the QBs face, Wayne Hunter has to go, hes just awful. I don't see a OL that gets thrown around as much as he does. Problem is Hunter gets beat so badly that it screws everything up, Sanchez has to dodge that sack and then runs into another. You simply can't go with a guy that bad at the position, hes basically Adrian Clarke 2.0 but at RT.

David Carr got sacked 76 times as a rookie and 68 times in another season.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 18 August 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

Everytime I watch Mark Sanchez, I'm reminded of David Carr. At first I didn't want to believe it, I made excuses, I drank the Green Kool Aid but after today, I can't deny it any more. Yes I know it was a preseason game. I know we didn't gameplan. I know all of the excuses, because I told them to myself during the game. Still, I can't deny what I saw:

On the sack by Osi, Sanchez stepped up in the pocket, had the ball by his ear, ready to let it fly... then he looked back, tucked it in, took 2 steps forward and when Osi got to him from behind, Sanchez took the sack. Go watch the play and tell me if you've ever seen someone who's instincts were so backwards. Again, he had the ball by his ear... and then... HE LOOKED BACK. Not only did he not "not look at the passrush" which is what you're told as a QB, he actually TURNED HIS HEAD AND LOOKED BACK. He's shellshocked. There's no going around it and I don't think theres a cure. You can make whatever excuse you can, the scheme isn't there, the RT sucks, it's preseason... none of that matters. His subconsious is telling him to not get hit, everything else is secondary.

After the 72 sack season, David Carr couldn't cut it as a starter anymore because he couldn't get the footsteps out of his head. Unfortunately, it looks like Sanchez can't either.

It's a shame.

100 percent on the money.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#4 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 18 August 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

It's a shame.

Not really, it just gets a guy who had the potential to be a mediocre starter, at best, out of the lineup faster. pretty boy is a wimp, get rid of him. let him go be the 3rd string qb on the Raiders, they seem to be collectors of over-hyped USC qbs.

btw im only disagreeing with the "its a shame part" the rest was pretty spot on.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 18 August 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

you look at other OLs and they don't have linemen flying into the QBs face, Wayne Hunter has to go, hes just awful. I don't see a OL that gets thrown around as much as he does. Problem is Hunter gets beat so badly that it screws everything up, Sanchez has to dodge that sack and then runs into another. You simply can't go with a guy that bad at the position, hes basically Adrian Clarke 2.0 but at RT.

David Carr got sacked 76 times as a rookie and 68 times in another season.

On that play, Hunter actually did the right thing. He pushed Osi wide and made him run past the QB.

#6 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

Sanchez looking afraid is becoming very obvious
I can't really determine if it is because of preseason and is defaulting to the safe play very fast
Or he's scared
Or maybe he doesn't give a shit

santana  : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) sanchez is playing like a rookie. it seems as soon as he sees pressure he checks down or takes a sack

Is he afraid?
Is he being protective?
Or is he just horrible under pressure
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#7 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

It's obvious how little confidence Sanchez has at the moment. But playing behind that offensive line it's no surprise.

Sparano needs to try and give him some confidence building throws. The opening plays for Manning and Carr were both deep passes - Eli's fell incomplete, but both got the defense thinking. For Sanchez and Tebow, both handed the ball off on non-descript running plays. Next week I want to see the opening play call (for both QBs) to be a deep pass. If it's completed, great, if not then no big deal (so long as it doesn't turn into an interception) because it would at least show we have faith in our signal-callers' arms.

#8 User is offline   JETS RULE Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

I know its preseason but if that's the way our offense plays all year, we are sunk before we even leave the dock

If this is suppossed to be the new Sanchez, full of confidence and all that, then why does he still play like the old one? checkdowns and dump-offs, skittish in the pocket; the list goes on....

After watching last night, we need to help the kid get better, he obviously can't do it on his own. We have the most predictable offense in the NFL, recievers that can't get open, an offensive line is is just plain offensive, I mean why is Hunter still starting? He got beat like a drum all night. Why is its obvious to everybody but the people on the sidelines that he sucks and he's going to get Sanchez hurt? I could throw a rock and find a better right tackle than him.

I want Sanchez to get better, but if the team around him can't improve their play, how is he supposed to?

#9 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

Yeah, but Carr's OLine got better and he did it. Our OLine is getting worse as we go.

I know Coples did some stuff last night and that is great, but this team should have drafted a RT. There were ones there and we didn't do it and now we are going to either stick with someone who has proven for over a season he is a liability or we are going to have to start applying stucco to try and save the season. It is pathetic. Our drafts under Ryan haven't been terrible, but we have made horrible decision with the offensive line.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

Yea 9 for 11 with 3/4 of your WRs out and a revolving door at RT against the best pass rush in the league. Oh yea and Fergie also played poorly last night letting pressure inside multiple times. One of the sacks was credited to Hunter but it was Brick who was beat causing Sanchez to move back not up into the pocket letting Hunters guy get the sack. This is going to be a long season. Yea I know its preseason but if we can't block a Vanilla D line whats going to happen when they mix it up? Mike and Company dropped the ball this offseason by not addressing this huge need.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

I am hoping TS has some kind of plan to help Hunter. Dude is not even getting to his assignments correctly. He is horrid.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

We don't even have a good blocking TE to help out. Cumberland looks awful at blocking, they need to find someone else because they can't go with that guy as their #2 TE.

I think the Jets will make some moves before the season starts, if they don't they would be stupid because there are some glaring holes that are going to hurt this team if they don't do something. I would at least give Howard a chance at starting at RT for now, but I would be calling a vet like Vernon Carey or Kareem McKenzie, I know Carey is retired but maybe they can convince him to play.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 19 August 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

We don't even have a good blocking TE to help out. Cumberland looks awful at blocking, they need to find someone else because they can't go with that guy as their #2 TE.

I think the Jets will make some moves before the season starts, if they don't they would be stupid because there are some glaring holes that are going to hurt this team if they don't do something. I would at least give Howard a chance at starting at RT for now, but I would be calling a vet like Vernon Carey or Kareem McKenzie, I know Carey is retired but maybe they can convince him to play.

They'll look bad either way. If they make moves now people are going to wonder why they waited until half way through the preseason to address issues they had last season.

This Jets team looks like it would be lucky to sniff .500 and I don't see our GM or our HC surviving that. Yeah, they have two AFC Championships to fall back on, but the job they have done ignoring issues on the offense stands out as neglect in their jobs.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#14 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

2820 from the chat

Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#15 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 18 August 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

With a RT who cannot block his shadow, I don't believe any QB would be significantly better than Mark Sanchez. Its been a full year plus since it was obvious he couldnt stand up to starting, why the hell is this guy still here?

It's a shame.

#16 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Everyone is blaming the OL... I get it, they (especially Hunter) suck. But a QB is not suppose to look at the rush. He's suppose snap the ball, go through his projections and get rid of the ball all the while keeping a mental count in his head to know when to get rid of the ball. Sanchez doesn't do that. Sanchez gets the ball, assumes he's about to get hit, stares down his dump off reciever and depending on how loud the footsteps are, he either throws the dump off, or curls up in a ball.

#17 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

You can't go through your 'projections' when you're getting slaughtered on 3 step drops.

Either way, Sanchez and the OL suck equally. I agree.

#18 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

From the sound of everything, its a good thing I missed what sounds like a complete drubbing once again last night. I don't need to have seen the game last night to know that our O-line sucks and that Sanchez is scared. Who wouldn't be behind that line?

Sorry 15.......I can't really take an assessment of a QB seriously from someone when they say that QB would be mediocre at best when they have a name like Tebow15 & say it's Tebow time in NY. Sanchez may be mediocre, but he's still years ahead of Tebow. If Tebow can actually learn to hit the broad side of a barn, then maybe he can turn into something better, but so far, he's only guaranteed to throw INT's. Mediocre Marc was 9/11 while your boy Tebow was 5/14. Who gives us the best chance of winning? Someone that plays scared but yet still completes the passes or someone that doesn't play scared but can't hit a receiver unless he's wearing the other team's jersey? Tebow may not have thrown a pick last night, but he still led the league in turnovers last year while also leading the league in 3 & outs.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

Posted Image

There is not much you can do when your OT is getting knocked around like that.
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 19 August 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

There is not much you can do when your OT is getting knocked around like that.

Hunter is pathetic. Sheesh. Seriously, he got spun in a circle. What the hell is that shit. I'm pretty sure any other OT in the league would do better.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users