NYJetsFan.com Forums: Tanny Tried To Fill Rt Spot - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) Why?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:09 PM) he worked with chip kelly and vick on the eagles. and has a cool name
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:41 PM) Eh
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:37 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Tanny Tried To Fill Rt Spot

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Per MMehtaNYDN @ Twitter Jets tried to sign Vernon Carey in the offseason. Couple that with the trade attempt with Carolina and the effort has been there. carey decided to retire and coach HS football.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

Thats good to know but Kareem is still out there
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#3 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 19 August 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Per MMehtaNYDN @ Twitter Jets tried to sign Vernon Carey in the offseason. Couple that with the trade attempt with Carolina and the effort has been there. carey decided to retire and coach HS football.

Trying isn't good enough. The offense will stink until we get our offensive line problems solved. They aren't going to score many points getting 3 yards running or the famous 5 yard pass that a lot of us blamed on the coaching. Either fix the line or find a couple receivers who can get open 20 yards downfield in under a second which is obviously a joke!

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostThe Reverend, on 19 August 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

Thats good to know but Kareem is still out there

And he wants to play still, just that people think hes done. He might be slowed down, but will he get embarrassed like Hunter? I doubt since hes been a starter a long time in this league.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Leave no stone unturned!

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

He could have drafted one. This was a huge glaring hole and we didn't address it. Not putting a band aid on a paper cut is OK, not getting treatment for third degree burns is stupid.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#7 User is offline   wichitacommish Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:My Kids.
    The Jets.
    Fantasy Football.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

Tanny and the coaching staff have had A LOT of faith in Hunter. I think the staff thought last year may have been due to the fact there was no training camp. He did get a little better as the year went on. The fact that they have tried now means they are convinced he is not the answer. Unfortunately we may be stuck with him if someone better doesn't get cut by week one. At this point who could be worse. Look at this:

Adam Schein ‏@AdamSchein

Jets used a garbage can at wr in practice this week. Perhaps they should sign a traffic cone to upgrade right tackle. #waynewatch

#8 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostA1elbow, on 20 August 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

He could have drafted one. This was a huge glaring hole and we didn't address it. Not putting a band aid on a paper cut is OK, not getting treatment for third degree burns is stupid.

Last season showed how little depth we had along the entire offensive line, especially after Rob Turner went down in the preseason. We had no ready replacement for Mangold when he was injured, while Hunter had to play since the only other real option was Vlad Ducasse.
And there were some good tackles to be had in the second roundthis year too. I know it would have upset 115 if we hadn't have taken Stephen Hill, but we could have stayed put, rather than trade up with the Seahawks, and selected Mike Adams. Where we did end up that round, we were one slot away from having Jonathan Martin of Stanford available, and he went to the Dolphins.
Two years ago, rather than project Ducasse, we could have went with Jared Veldheer who has been a dependable starter with Oakland.

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

We had a glaring need at multiple spots. RT, Pass Rusher Safety and WR. All with little cap room. He filled all but one. I am not saying he is the best ever but some credit is due. The coaching staff and FO thought Hunter would pan out. They were wrong. Now is the time when Tanny needs to say the Jets made a mistake and make a move.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

We had a glaring need at multiple spots. RT, Pass Rusher Safety and WR. All with little cap room. He filled all but one. I am not saying he is the best ever but some credit is due. The coaching staff and FO thought Hunter would pan out. They were wrong. Now is the time when Tanny needs to say the Jets made a mistake and make a move.

Our defense didn't need nearly as much help as RT. Coples is a luxury pick that Ryan pushed through. The Jets didn't need a miscellaneous defensive linemen like they do a guy who is capable of blocking anything at all.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

I don't see Coples as a luxury pick, our defense needed to add a pass rusher. We were giving QBs all day to throw vs us.

-

The Jets ignored RT and a #2 TE. A good blocking TE can help in protection, Cumberland looks awful in run and pass blocking. Also, I thought that Conley would have been released a long time ago, he shanks too many punts.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users