NYJetsFan.com Forums: Tired Of Hearing About The Vanilla Offense - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Tired Of Hearing About The Vanilla Offense

#1 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

Its now game 3 of the pre season and this team keep making excuses to why they're not scoring. Do you think the jets are the only team going vinilla this pre season. Those teams have scored a TD. After another debacle of a game 3, Rex said of course he would like to score and would of scored if they had put thier whole package out. Noone in the lockeroom says we stink. They're in denial. All you hear in interviews is what progress they've made and will continue to add to the progression. This team regress big time. Sanchez tried to throw Slausson and Hill under the bus during the CBS interviow on the sideline. Hill is raw. Everyone knew that when he got drated. This is what we have to look for this year. We'll be picking in the top 5 guaranteed. No team is going to put thier entire playbook on display. That's no excuse not to score a TD.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

At the end of the day, what does scoring a preseason TD really mean?
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

Look the apologist are out in flocks. End of the day the Jets will score TD's if not one way then another. If Mark Sanchez is going to be the best 20 to 20 yard QB in the league then lets pray the wildcat is as dominate as it was in Miami.

This is why Tebow was brought here and why Sparano was brought here because if Sanchez can't get the ball in the endzone and be consistent then it's Tebow and the wildcat time which will have some success.

#4 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

The wildcat is sooooo 2010. Old news. This is a passing league which the jets fail to understood. Imma tell you why the wildcat will be a pussycat this year. There are 2 teams in the division that stopped Tebow cold. Bills and patriots. We see them twice a year. One of the biggest mistakes made by bringing in Tebow. Bellichick open the flood gates and show how to stop Tebow twice. Chiefs stopped after that too. Rex think he's inventing something new here. Just because he couldn't stop Tebow that thursday night doesn't mean you have to have him. He's Horrid. The wildcat is not going anywhere and so are the jets this year. Rex already told the whole league what he's going to do. Please stop talking about the wildcat. Tebow was on a tear til the pats stopped him and he lost 3 straight games after that. The book is out on the boy. He's whack.

#5 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 27 August 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Look the apologist are out in flocks. End of the day the Jets will score TD's if not one way then another. If Mark Sanchez is going to be the best 20 to 20 yard QB in the league then lets pray the wildcat is as dominate as it was in Miami.

This is why Tebow was brought here and why Sparano was brought here because if Sanchez can't get the ball in the endzone and be consistent then it's Tebow and the wildcat time which will have some success.

Apologists? Wouldn't the people saying the offense will pick it up in the regular season be the apologists?

Also, last year Sanchez and the Jets had the number one red zone efficiency last year...so it obviously is between the 20's that they have a problem.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 27 August 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Apologists? Wouldn't the people saying the offense will pick it up in the regular season be the apologists?

Also, last year Sanchez and the Jets had the number one red zone efficiency last year...so it obviously is between the 20's that they have a problem.

Your such a smartass. :boredom:

I was referring to Sanchez apologists.

Also the Jets had Plax. When I look down the roster I don't see his name anymore. Therefore the staple for our redzone efficiency is no longer on the team whether directly or indirectly. Therefore, New players, new scheme, new coach. A lot is different and so far under Sparano all I've seen is Sanchez inbetween the 20's.

Jets the first team is 35 years to go 3 pre-season games without a TD. True statement

#7 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 27 August 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Not a damn thing. I looked up what the Detroit Lions did in 2008 and they scored 80 points in their 4 preseason games (26 points in the third game). What did one of those 80 points do for them between September and December when they ended up going 0-16? All this Henny Penny doom and gloom bullshit is starting to piss me off. Oh boo hoo we haven't scored a touchdown in the preseason. So the f*** what? Sounding like a bunch of little pussies over preseason touchdowns. It's all a bunch of ESPN talk show time filler b.s. anyway. Let me ask you all who are upset about the lack of preseason touchdowns this. How many total touchdowns did we score in our first 3 preseason games last year? Who knows that with out having to look it up? It's obvious what this is, something the media can use to create the QB controversy they so desperately want and some of you (mostly the Sanchez haters) are feeding right into it. Open up your eyes and chill out until we actually start playing the games that count towards the final standings. Getting upset over some preseason games is like getting upset because you didn't like the appetizers at Thanksgiving dinner.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#8 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 28 August 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Not a damn thing. I looked up what the Detroit Lions did in 2008 and they scored 80 points in their 4 preseason games (26 points in the third game). What did one of those 80 points do for them between September and December when they ended up going 0-16? All this Henny Penny doom and gloom bullshit is starting to piss me off. Oh boo hoo we haven't scored a touchdown in the preseason. So the f*** what? Sounding like a bunch of little pussies over preseason touchdowns. It's all a bunch of ESPN talk show time filler b.s. anyway. Let me ask you all who are upset about the lack of preseason touchdowns this. How many total touchdowns did we score in our first 3 preseason games last year? Who knows that with out having to look it up? It's obvious what this is, something the media can use to create the QB controversy they so desperately want and some of you (mostly the Sanchez haters) are feeding right into it. Open up your eyes and chill out until we actually start playing the games that count towards the final standings. Getting upset over some preseason games is like getting upset because you didn't like the appetizers at Thanksgiving dinner.

It DOES mean something. I am not too concerned about the second string offense's inability to score a touchdown, especially when Tebow is playing conventional quarterback. But the fact that the first team offense is seemingly inept in the red zone is alarming. The line is not playing well. Shonne Greene is unable to get to the second level. There is no surge.

Sanchez did look more comfortable against Carolina and threw some nice balls. But as Bill Parcells once said, "The quarterback's job is to get his team in the end zone." Sanchez is not getting it done. I don't want to hear excuses, just get it done. I watched the Denver game and saw Peyton look as sharp as ever. It made me envious. Then I began thinking about Sparano pumping his fist like an idiot after Carpenter kicked a 40 yard field goal. The Dolphin fans got sick of it and I don't blame them. This isn't 1985. You can't win games 13-10. You MUST score touchdowns in this league. You are NOT going to keep Tom Brady out of the end zone. It doesn't matter how good your defense is and I believe the Jets will have a very good defense this season. When you force New England to punt, you have to capitalize.

#9 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

View PostCamenzind, on 28 August 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

It DOES mean something. I am not too concerned about the second string offense's inability to score a touchdown, especially when Tebow is playing conventional quarterback. But the fact that the first team offense is seemingly inept in the red zone is alarming. The line is not playing well. Shonne Greene is unable to get to the second level. There is no surge.

Sanchez did look more comfortable against Carolina and threw some nice balls. But as Bill Parcells once said, "The quarterback's job is to get his team in the end zone." Sanchez is not getting it done. I don't want to hear excuses, just get it done. I watched the Denver game and saw Peyton look as sharp as ever. It made me envious. Then I began thinking about Sparano pumping his fist like an idiot after Carpenter kicked a 40 yard field goal. The Dolphin fans got sick of it and I don't blame them. This isn't 1985. You can't win games 13-10. You MUST score touchdowns in this league. You are NOT going to keep Tom Brady out of the end zone. It doesn't matter how good your defense is and I believe the Jets will have a very good defense this season. When you force New England to punt, you have to capitalize.

Of course the King of doom and gloom is worried. Mr. Henny Penny himself. If you're alarmed over this, that just proves to me that this no PRESEASON touchdown nonsense is something NOT to be worried about. I absolutely refuse to look for problems and put meaning into games that aren't even as hard as training camp. These players have one, just one goal in preseason and it's not to score touchdowns to make fickle fans happy. The goal is to not to get hurt before the REAL games start. Please somebody explain to me if the Jets offense had scored one just one touchdown this preseason, what that ultimately means come November and December? How would that have made your world better? What difference did it make for us last year? What difference did the Lions 80 preseason points make for them in 2008?

You know what people (the media and the Sanchez haters) would be saying if we had scored one preseason touchdown so far this preseason. They'd be saying the Jets have scored ONLY one preseason touchdown so far this preseason. Would one TD even be enough to satisfy the folks who are so worried about having no preseason TDs? I doubt it. People are looking for problems where there are no problems. Some people just want to make up problems or exaggerate meaningless things because being pessimistic is only time they're happy. It doesn't matter if the Jets score 0 touchdowns, 1 touchdown, or 8 touchdowns in the preseason. The preseason is a glorified dress rehearsal that the NFL overcharges the fans to pay to attend. It's to see if that UDFA you signed hours after the draft should get a roster spot or not. It's too see how the rookies and new free agents look in the uniform. It's to wet the fans appetites for football since we haven't seen it live in 7 months. Outside of those things the preseason is meaningless and getting upset over it is pointless.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 28 August 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

You know what people (the media and the Sanchez haters) would be saying if we had scored one preseason touchdown so far this preseason. They'd be saying the Jets have scored ONLY one preseason touchdown so far this preseason.

Welcome to the NY media and fan base. "The sky is falling, Buy my articles!"
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

What's a Henny Penny?

#12 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 28 August 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

What's a Henny Penny?

It's a children's story about a naive chicken (named Henny Penny) that has an acorn (I think it was an acorn) fall on her head and thought the sky was falling and therefor that meant the end of the world was coming. She tells her other bird friends about the end of the world and they want to go warn the king. The birds end up getting lured into a fox's den and the fox eats them.

The moral of the story is I guess don't jump to conclusions on little to no evidence.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#13 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

SHJ reply deleted on the grounds of Tebow15 level of stupidity
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#14 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

View Postsantana, on 28 August 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

SHJ reply deleted on the grounds of Tebow15 level of stupidity

No disagreement.

#15 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 28 August 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Of course the King of doom and gloom is worried. Mr. Henny Penny himself. If you're alarmed over this, that just proves to me that this no PRESEASON touchdown nonsense is something NOT to be worried about. I absolutely refuse to look for problems and put meaning into games that aren't even as hard as training camp. These players have one, just one goal in preseason and it's not to score touchdowns to make fickle fans happy. The goal is to not to get hurt before the REAL games start. Please somebody explain to me if the Jets offense had scored one just one touchdown this preseason, what that ultimately means come November and December? How would that have made your world better? What difference did it make for us last year? What difference did the Lions 80 preseason points make for them in 2008?

You know what people (the media and the Sanchez haters) would be saying if we had scored one preseason touchdown so far this preseason. They'd be saying the Jets have scored ONLY one preseason touchdown so far this preseason. Would one TD even be enough to satisfy the folks who are so worried about having no preseason TDs? I doubt it. People are looking for problems where there are no problems. Some people just want to make up problems or exaggerate meaningless things because being pessimistic is only time they're happy. It doesn't matter if the Jets score 0 touchdowns, 1 touchdown, or 8 touchdowns in the preseason. The preseason is a glorified dress rehearsal that the NFL overcharges the fans to pay to attend. It's to see if that UDFA you signed hours after the draft should get a roster spot or not. It's too see how the rookies and new free agents look in the uniform. It's to wet the fans appetites for football since we haven't seen it live in 7 months. Outside of those things the preseason is meaningless and getting upset over it is pointless.

I think it goes without saying that everyone tries to avoid getting hurt in preseason. Your response is ridiculous and merely serves to demonstrate what an imecile you are. Instead of insulting me with a misnomer-- review my posts from last season jackass, they were far from "gloom and doom"-- you ought to reevaluate what you wrote. The first string offense went THREE GAMES without scoring a touchdown. No, they did not play a full game. I recognize that. But, as you put it, their goal is not to score a touchdown? The offense should want to score a touchdown to build their own confidence and prepare for the regular season, not to appease fickle fans.

Everyone one of my points are valid-- Greene's running, etc. Of course this should alarm any fan with a semblance of knowledge of the game. We are not talking about Tom Brady and co. here. I don't think many New England fans are too concerned with their struggles. Why? Because they have the resume. Conversely, Sanchez, who has been adequate at best, regressed last season. Therefore, coaches, players and fans want to see improvement and his performance thus far does not instill any confidence. This, coupled with the hiring of Sparano, only serves to stir the ire of fans.

I don't exactly feel confident going into the Buffalo game, do you? Yes, the defense looks good. But again, you no longer can count on winning games 13-10 in this league.

#16 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostCamenzind, on 29 August 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

Greene's running,

What is it about Greene's running that you didn't like this preseason? I actually found him to be finding the hole faster and consistently falling forward. Both vast improvements. Also, remember that this is preseason and he was on a very limited workload. Greene is a notorious slow starter and, consistently through his career, his YPC have gone up later into games. Given a grand total of 5 Qs of play so far, he's been better than expected.

Also, remember that he had a very quiet 1000 yards last year for a team that abandoned the run for 3/4ths of games. He's not a All Pro RB, but he's better than average. If the blocking improves, he'll be in the Top 10 in the league.

Sanchez, who has been adequate at best, regressed last season. Therefore, coaches, players and fans want to see improvement and his performance thus far does not instill any confidence.

We've only seen Sanchez upright for one game, well 3 Qs of one game and everyone to a man has come away impressed with that game. His WRs didn't do him any favors, but considering the fact that Holmes and Kerley were playing their first minutes of preseason, rust is understandable. He also lost his most consistent (not in a statistical sense but in a comfort sense) target on the first series.

coupled with the hiring of Sparano,

I don't see any downside to hiring Sparano and I don't recall any fan ire directed his way.

I don't exactly feel confident going into the Buffalo game, do you? Yes, the defense looks good. But again, you no longer can count on winning games 13-10 in this league.

I consider us to be improved in every facet of the game over last year. I see the front 7 being much more aggressive, younger and athletic. I see our safeties as light years ahead of last year's pupu platter. I see our WR core finally having the speed to stretch the field and force the opposing defenses to keep guys back. I see Wayne Hunter no longer at RT. I see Sanchez being far better than last year because he has time to go through his reads. I already touched on Greene and if we see Powell or McKnight step up, that will be great.

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

I think Greene is mediocre, but I wouldn't worry about preseason games. I remember Thomas Jones would have like a 1.6 YPC average in the preseason then he would run for 1,400 yards 14 TDs.

If you remember back in 2009 our run game started off really slow, they didn't get it going until mid-late October. The OL wasn't blocking great and took a while to gel, we also had worse WRs than we currently have for the first 4 games with Cotchery, Stuckey, Clowney, and Wright.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 29 August 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Cotchery, Stuckey, Clowney, and Wright.

Jesus you just reminded me... holy shit Tanny sure didn't do Sanchez any favors.

#19 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

I think it goes without saying that everyone tries to avoid getting hurt in preseason. Your response is ridiculous and merely serves to demonstrate what an imecile you are. Instead of insulting me with a misnomer-- review my posts from last season jackass, they were far from "gloom and doom"-- you ought to reevaluate what you wrote.

Alright.

View PostCamenzind, on 14 September 2011 - 12:28 AM, said:

Why does everyone blame everything on Schottenheimer? NO ONE wants to run the ball more than I do. But the Jets were down 14 points and there was pressure to score. You could feel it. The defense could not stop Romo until the very end. They needed to generate points.

It is about execution, not playcalling. When you throw out of an empty set on 4th and inches then you can question the playcalling. Or when you run a draw on 3rd and long you can debate the call. But just because Sanchez struggles doesn't necessarily mean it is Schottenheimer's fault. He is not an elite quarterback. Therefore, he is going to struggle. It is not always going to be pretty.

I remember when the Jets fired Paul Hackett. I thought Hackett did a good job of disguising Pennington's deficiencies. Then they brought in Heimendinger. How'd that work out? Yes Pennington was injured. But did bringing in a coordinator known for stretching the field with the passing game best serve a team with weak armed quarterback?

Sometimes you have to appreciate what you have. Schottenheimer is doing a good job. The players need to execute better.

This was after a Jets win and that last sentence says it all right there.

View PostCamenzind, on 18 November 2011 - 01:37 AM, said:

This was a very frustrating loss. And I put it completely on the offense, particularly Sanchez. I didn't want to admit it, but Sanchez is regressing. If his first read isn't there, he panics. He has no sense of timing and no comfort zone in the pocket. Frankly, he has no confidence and it shows.

Shonne Greene is not a starting running back. The Jets need to draft a top tier running back. Greene produces as a spell back and that is what he should be.

I feel bad for the defense. If you don't watch the games, you wouldn't know that they are actually playing well. When you play the Patriots, you have to accept that Brady is going to score points. So when the defense does it's job and forces them to punt, the offense has to respond. And they didn't. The same thing applied to the Denver game. 13 points? You have to be kidding me! All game, the defense did it's job. You can't leave the ball in Tebow's hands down one score with a few minutes left. He should have never been in that position.

Everyone wants to blame Schottenheimer. But it is the quarterback that must execute. And unless his first read is open, Sanchez doesn't.

Your first post in months of course comes after a Jets loss. When you post on here this is what I see in the thread. "This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Camenzind. View it anyway?" Out of all the posters on this forum (and this includes folks like Kobeskool, gmany, and Clemens11) you are the only one I've chosen to block. Because you are the King of doom and gloom around here going long before last season. The only reason I'm replying to you now because I know your replies are directed towards me. If the site would let me go back further I'm sure I could find even more posts of you bitching and moaning about this, that, and the other.

The first string offense went THREE GAMES without scoring a touchdown. No, they did not play a full game. I recognize that. But, as you put it, their goal is not to score a touchdown? The offense should want to score a touchdown to build their own confidence and prepare for the regular season, not to appease fickle fans.

Football games (the ones that actually matter) are divided into four quarters. You can't just dismiss the fact that the starters NEVER play an entire four quarters in the PRESEASON. Forget the fact that football is a game of strategy and putting the right players in the right positions at the right time is the most important part of the game. These are not "games" in the traditional sense. These are basically just practices against other teams. This is dress rehearsal that's all. And if the offense needs a PRESEASON touchdown to "build their own confidence" then they all might as well just retire right now. These are grown men, this isn't pee wee football. They should already have all the confidence they need. These players don't give shit about not scoring PRESEASON touchdowns. When has a PRESEASON touchdown ever inspired confidence? Please. These aren't children who need a participation trophy (which is all a PRESEASON touchdown would be at the end of the day) to make them feel like they accomplished something and give them confidence.

Everyone one of my points are valid-- Greene's running, etc. Of course this should alarm any fan with a semblance of knowledge of the game. We are not talking about Tom Brady and co. here. I don't think many New England fans are too concerned with their struggles. Why? Because they have the resume. Conversely, Sanchez, who has been adequate at best, regressed last season. Therefore, coaches, players and fans want to see improvement and his performance thus far does not instill any confidence. This, coupled with the hiring of Sparano, only serves to stir the ire of fans.

That's the fickle fans' problem, not the coaches and players. If you want to be alarmed over a lack of PRESEASON touchdowns, that's you. That's the fickle fan putting meaning into a meaningless thing. As I've asked before, how many preseason TDs did we score in the first 3 preseason games last years? Do you know that without going to look it up? I highly doubt it. More importantly do you think whatever amount of PRESEASON TDs the Jets scored last year mattered when the team collapsed late last season? I doubt what happened in some preseason game in August were in any of the players minds in November. No it's the fans who aren't happy unless they're finding something to bitch and moan amount who are the ones who are concerned.

No because the object of any game where you have to have more points of on the scoreboard than the other team when the clock says 00:00 isn't to keep the other team from scoring. :rolleyes: I would take a 9-3 win over a 47-51 loss any day. What's the point of scoring a lot of touchdowns if you end up losing that game? Oh yeah to "inspire confidence" and make the fans feel good. I know when the Jets or Lakers or Spartans score a lot of points but still lose the game, I feel real good and inspired inside because they scored a lot of points. Defense wins championships. What did all those points the Patriots scored in the regular season do for them when they ran into the Giants defense in those 2 Super Bowls they played in?

Yes I do feel confident about the Buffalo game, even without that so important and precious PRESEASON touchdown that we so desperately need and depend on every season weeks 1 through 17. Because as long as we have a great defense to keep the score close I have confidence that the offense can win the game in the fourth quarter. Because I've seen these quarterbacks (both Sanchez and Tebow) do it before. I've seen Santonio make big late game catches before. So I know they all have it in them to do it again.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 27 August 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Looks like it didn't mean much for today.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users