NYJetsFan.com Forums: Wildcat - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) ALDAON SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) Fuck you lol ;)
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) and it was brooks anyway ;)
santana Icon : (19 November 2014 - 11:36 PM) Titties
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:46 AM) Raul is bringing nothing to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:47 AM) TEH TABLE
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) he really doesnt
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) besides funding the site
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 November 2014 - 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:28 PM) lets go chaaaaaaaales
azjetfan Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:37 PM) We want raiders to win
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:59 PM) Michael Irvin pre-game, "Jamaal Charles makes defenders look like Ray Charles"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Wildcat

#1 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Considering how many times the Wildcat package was called today, is anyone else concerned that Sparano has some of Schotty's tendencies in him? It seems to me like it was being called just for the hell of it rather than at distinct points in the game. To me, it should be used as a tool to jump start the offense if its struggling or if we NEED something different. NOT in the middle of a sustained drive in which the Offense is clicking. Tebow got called for delay of game because of the Wildcat & his inability to have enough brain cells to look at a play clock that was no more than 30 feet in front of his face. Yes.....it was the team that got the flag for delay but I put that ENTIRELY on Tebow considering Rex was trying to call the time out from the sideline but was ignored.

The win today was good but the Wildcat is still being used wrong. At least in my opinion it is. Anyone agree?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Agree with you completely. The Wildcat needs to be tamed. It killed me every time they marched out Tebow even though Sanchez was on fire today. Let the man do his thing. I'm worried that Sanchez is going to get hurt at WR when Tebow is playing QB. Tebow can come in if needed or he can go play special teams.

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

It was gaining 3-4 yards every time, basically instead of handing the ball off you do that. it adds another dimension to our offense.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

I also think that we stuck to it today to actually get some game time action with it. Having the luxury of scoring some quick points gives more freedom for playcalling. I do hope that the coaching staff realizes that it was a little bit of a hinderance in some spots, maybe a snap earlier in the drive....

#5 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

The wildcat doesn't work anymore. Been saying that for awhile now. Tebow was not needed to or ever with this team. He recovered an onside kick but the game was already over. Hated seeing Sanchez get off the field after driving the team down the field. Let him finished what he started.

#6 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

I think that Sanchez and the offense get hurt as a whole with it. How many times under Scotty did we see drives start to build & move down field only to stall because Scotty wanted to get cute with the play calling? It literally KILLED our offense in the past. Yes.....we were lucky to get 3-4 yards each time today but what happens if a DB decides to take a shot jamming Sanchez at the line when he's lined up outside? Will it be worth it then? We all tore Scotty apart for drive killing play calling & now its being repeated with this damn wildcat. It was just successful against a team we typically are able to run against.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#7 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

To say it didn't work today is wrong. It was successful but not a revelation. Pretty much what 0099 said.

I do agree though, I've always hated seeing Sanchez settling in and to see him run to the sideline. Annoying.

#8 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 09 September 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

To say it didn't work today is wrong. It was successful but not a revelation. Pretty much what 0099 said.

I do agree though, I've always hated seeing Sanchez settling in and to see him run to the sideline. Annoying.

It just didn't really accomplish anything that a run wouldn't have, except force the team to switch out some guys. I don't think it was a positive or a negative, but it wasn't really applied with, seemingly, any strategy. I think the Jets will roll it out a certain amount of times per game to keep Tebowmaniacs happy, but unless the base offense struggles it looks like the wildtebow is just a money-play.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#9 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

I'm not going to criticize or praise the wildcat with Tebow running it, but I will say that Sanchez's first times on the field during the regular season isn't the time to try that shit. If Sanchez is the starting QB like they're saying he is, then let the man work. He doesn't need to be split wide with Tebow taking a snap in an obvious call to run the ball.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 10 September 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

I'm not going to criticize or praise the wildcat with Tebow running it, but I will say that Sanchez's first times on the field during the regular season isn't the time to try that shit. If Sanchez is the starting QB like they're saying he is, then let the man work. He doesn't need to be split wide with Tebow taking a snap in an obvious call to run the ball.

I agree! I wonder if we will see less of it with Sanchez looking a little more relaxed, and playing a littler better. (I know it is only 1 game) I wonder if it bothered Sanchez at all.

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 09 September 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

True but how much did you love seeing hill flying around the field? :beach:
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

Interesting blurb from an article:

If Sanchez comes off the field for any of Tebow’s wildcat-type plays, Sparano instructed him to treat those snaps as extra timeouts — just like Pennington did in 2008, when the Dolphins rolled out the wildcat.

http://www.nj.com/je..._has_built.html

The Jets scored 2 touchdowns after plays that Tebow ran. Maybe it's helping?

#13 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostChaos, on 10 September 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

That is very interesting. Gives him time to talk some things over with Sparano and make mental adjustments. Very interesting.

#14 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 September 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

True but how much did you love seeing hill flying around the field? :beach:

Looked very good. Hope he continues to progress because lord knows with that physical ability we could have an All-Pro on our hands.

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

I feel like the wild cat packages do serve a purpose, just because there wasn't huge gains yesterday doesn't mean it was a failure. I'll take 3-4 yards a carry running the ball, not every run is going to be a big gain. As long as these packages are used right. Sparano seemed to have a good flow to the game for the most part yesterday, even had a nice play action call at the end when they were stuffing the run and we really needed a first down to ice the game, Sanchez hitting Holmes for a 25 yard gainer.

Sanchez had his highest YPA for his CAREER yesterday (besides the Bengals playoff game where he only threw 15 passes). We saw things we didn't see at all last season, there is reason to be optimistic even if it was the Bills (who really isn't that bad).
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 10 September 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

Looked very good. Hope he continues to progress because lord knows with that physical ability we could have an All-Pro on our hands.

he can make some nice adjustments too. he knows how to fight for a ball. he just drops the easy ones sometimes, but hey victor cruz dropped like 5 in teh giants opener and he is a beast. i'd take him on the jets anyday. But I love hill for his flat out scary speed. DBs play 10 yards off of him most plays. if they don't its becuase they have help. his speed makes defenses show their hand. no DB is gonna jam him if they don't have safety help.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Really. You think after Tebow got off the field the defense was shook enough to let in 2 TDs. :hysterical:

Jets would of scored if Tebow never got in the game. It was just one of those games that almost everything they did work. Tebow was a non factor. I'm not even gonna give him credit for that onside kick recovery. Jets would of recover anyways.

At the rate the jets were scoring I would of never display the wildcat sunday. That's something you save for a close game. Now the book is out. I know they wanna rush to show it but sunday wasn't the day.

#18 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

the Jets are trying to invent a new style of offense with Tebow and Sanchez so until or if it starts to pay with points on the board its going to look clumsy at first but they are young guys and they can learn to make it work .
Not that I am for it but you have to give them a chance to make it mesh . I would rather see Tim play H back or even TE in the red zone.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 10 September 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Really. You think after Tebow got off the field the defense was shook enough to let in 2 TDs. :hysterical:

Jets would of scored if Tebow never got in the game. It was just one of those games that almost everything they did work. Tebow was a non factor. I'm not even gonna give him credit for that onside kick recovery. Jets would of recover anyways.

At the rate the jets were scoring I would of never display the wildcat sunday. That's something you save for a close game. Now the book is out. I know they wanna rush to show it but sunday wasn't the day.

Not saying that the defense got scared. I'm saying that Tebow going in gave Sanchez and Sporano a extra minute to look over plays and figure what the next move way. If Tebow made a big gain or score? Great. If not, Sanchez got a breather, came out with a play, and did his thing.

It's a running theory, but the only excuse I can find that makes me deal with watching our starting QB run to the sidelines while he was balling on the field because the coaches want to play Jesus.

#20 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

So Sanchez what are your thoughts on the wildcat?

Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users