NYJetsFan.com Forums: " Sources " Say Tebow Will Want Trade At End Of Season - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) WOO
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

" Sources " Say Tebow Will Want Trade At End Of Season pure media BS but amusing nonetheless

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

If Tim Tebow is slated to remain backup, expect him to want to bolt NY Jets in 2013

Tim Tebow is fired up as he runs over to the Broncos sidelines between plays, a wild-eyed look on his menacing face. He’s consumed by the moment as his athletic arrogance and competitiveness take over from the respectful personality he displays off the field.

“There is only one person who carries the ball right here!” Tebow screams at the Broncos coaches.

He doesn’t mean Knowshon Moreno.

It is Tebow’s rookie year in 2010, the next-to-last game of the season, and Denver has a second and goal from the Texans’ 6.

“Did you score on the next play?” Tebow is asked Wednesday.

“Yes, sir,” he says.

Tebow runs around the left side for the winning touchdown with 3:02 remaining in the Broncos’ 24-23 victory.

He has had success in the NFL as a starting quarterback, he’s just 25 years old and he’s extremely competitive. So how long can he possibly be satisfied as an afterthought in the Jets’ offense after taking just nine snaps in the ineffective Wildcat — it was more like the Pussycat offense — in the opener against the Bills? He ran five times for just 11 yards and didn’t attempt one pass.

He won’t make a stink during the season, but if Mark Sanchez doesn’t provide an opening to play, then I think Tebow is one-and-done as a Jet. I believe he endorsed the trade to the Jets rather than his hometown Jaguars because he felt he would have a better opportunity to get on the field as a quarterback. Sanchez was vulnerable, but he has responded to the pressure put on by Tebow.

If what the Jets saw from Sanchez against the Bills is what they will see all season, then not only won’t Tebow have a chance to take over as the starter, but the Wildcat snaps could diminish as well.

The entire Tebow package is what has made him so popular: his unique style of play, his faith, his mild-mannered way, the guy John Elway says he would want his daughter to marry the day he signed Peyton Manning and two days before he traded Tebow to the Jets.

Tebow is a football player. Football players want to play.

“I definitely am very competitive, but the number one thing to help competitiveness is winning football games,” Tebow said. “However I can help this team to win football games - that’s the ultimate goal and that’s why we’re all here. Whatever I can do to help us win football games, that’s what I am going to do.”

Just eight months ago, he threw an 80-yard touchdown pass on the first play of overtime against the Steelers in the wild-card round of the playoffs. He passed for 316 yards and two touchdowns and no interceptions as the Steelers dared him to throw.

On Sunday, the Jets play the Steelers, and Tebow craves any scraps the Jets throw at him to get on the field against the team he knocked out of the playoffs. He continues to provide all the politically correct answers about playing time and his role, but you know it has to be eating him up.

“I think he will be a good soldier,” one NFL source said Wednesday. “At the end of the year, I think he will express those concerns to the Jets. He will want to move on. The one thing about Tebow is he is the quintessential team player. He would never do anything that is going to undermine the team. But he’s football-aholic. It’s in his blood.”

If Tebow remains in his limited role all season, then the source anticipates the QB will sit down with Jets decision-makers and ask them to trade him. His contract runs through the 2014 season, and Tebow is not ready to concede defeat on being a starting quarterback again.

“Absolutely he will talk to the Jets or we will have misevaluated his competitive nature,” the source said. “There comes a point, where they get it and realize this is who I am and just accept that role. Tebow is not there yet.”

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1158125

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

tebow will not get a starting opportunity anywhere. period. every team has an established QB or a QB they drafted to groom for the future. he'll only be a back-up/gadget player his entire career.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

Tebow needs to be a Tight End. He was amazing in College, but the system was tailor made for him. He's a monster, he has great hands and is fast and most importantly: he wants to play. all the time.

if some team wants to give more than we gave for him to be the starter, I mean I guess that's fine but if he just switched his position he'd be great. Keller is a good TE, but he isn't the same player that he used to be. I think Tebow as TE is an amazing idea.

for the record I also thought Jamarcus Russell would make an amazing linebacker too though..so take what I say at face value haha

#4 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 13 September 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

tebow will not get a starting opportunity anywhere. period. every team has an established QB or a QB they drafted to groom for the future. he'll only be a back-up/gadget player his entire career.

Exactly. He can potentially ask for a trade all he wants (somehow I don't see that occuring), but there has to be a willing trade partner who wants him as a starter (something I also don't see occuring).

#5 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostV DidDy 210, on 13 September 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

for the record I also thought Jamarcus Russell would make an amazing linebacker too though..so take what I say at face value haha

He is, in his hometown flag football league!!!

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

This just wreaks of attention whore.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users