NYJetsFan.com Forums: First Major Decision As A Father... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Today, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

First Major Decision As A Father...

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

I've decided to not raise my son a Mets fan. I've been a fan of the Mets since the early 90s and I can honestly tell you that it has not been fun. The most joy I can remember having as a Mets fan was early this year following RA Dickey. To recap, in about two decades of following a team, the most joy I've ever had was rooting for an unconventional pitcher in an otherwise forgettable season. Yes, even in 2000 when we somehow scrapped and managed to get to the WS (with our entire outfield on DL), the joy was short lived as we were slammed headfirst into the tiled wall of the prison showers while the biggest nazi f*** around had his way with us. The worst part is, I don't see the Mets ever getting any better.

I'm aware of the dire consequences of my actions. Living in Brooklyn, there's a good chance my son will develop an affinity for the Yankees, because lets be honest, little kids are front runners. As much as I'd hate to have that shitty dark navy and white cumrag uniform in my house, it's better than rooting for the Mets. Unfortunately, it's too late for me so I'll fall on the blade of the dysfunctional bullshit I chose to follow. But not my boy. You're free. Enjoy your Augusts and Septembers.

PS He does have a Jets outfit already.

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Kid is gonna follow you no matter what. What do you think is going to happen when you watch a Mets game? Valiant effort but I doubt it's going to stick.

Props on the Jets outfit. :trink39:

#3 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

I became a Jets fan because of my dad. when I was younger I always saw him yelling and screaming at the TV so during 2nd grade i decided to go into his room and see finally what he screams at. I have been miserable ever since
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostChaos, on 16 September 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

Kid is gonna follow you no matter what. What do you think is going to happen when you watch a Mets game? Valiant effort but I doubt it's going to stick.

As a die hard Mets fan, I only watch games up to the All Star break. After that, there's no point.

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostChaos, on 16 September 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

I don't know. I have been trying to get my son to be a Jets fan since birth. He has Jets pillows, Jerseys, Footballs etc... And he is still leaning to the Packers. Living in WI and having a packer fan wife and inlaws I seem to be loosing the battle. Good Luck
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 18 September 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

I don't know. I have been trying to get my son to be a Jets fan since birth. He has Jets pillows, Jerseys, Footballs etc... And he is still leaning to the Packers. Living in WI and having a packer fan wife and inlaws I seem to be loosing the battle. Good Luck

I think Packers and Wisconsin is that rare combination of sport nuttiness that will not be beat by anything. My ex-gfs family moved to Waukasha, WI when we were still together. None of her siblings were little (the youngest was like 10). They were BX Puerto Ricans full of NY pride. Jets and Yankees all day. Now? All I see is Packer and Badgers posts on their FBs. When we went out there, Packers is the only thing moving. I think Rodgers can *beep* in a napkin and a 20 man brawl would break out for who gets to eat it. It's a completely devoted fanbase the likes of which I've never seen. Maybe die-hard Celtic fans somewhere in meth-lab little towns in NE are like that, but the cheese heads love their Packers... no cool Jets slippers will ever sway them.

#7 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

What you are all describing is Programing by the merchants of the World to have you and your succeeding genrations to buy all their Merchandise . you are what it is put in your Brain and the body follows what the brain thinks .
teach your Son right from wrong and he will go much further with good character no matter which logo he wears.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#8 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 19 September 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

no cool Jets slippers will ever sway them.

:hysterical:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

View Postgmany3k, on 19 September 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

What you are all describing is Programing by the merchants of the World to have you and your succeeding genrations to buy all their Merchandise . you are what it is put in your Brain and the body follows what the brain thinks .
teach your Son right from wrong and he will go much further with good character no matter which logo he wears.

So who shot Kennedy? Did we land on the moon?
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 20 September 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

So who shot Kennedy? Did we land on the moon?

The Cardinal in New york at the time is a military commander for the Pope , he did the hit and no they landed in Disney land studio's .

Was not my advice good enough ?
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#11 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

View Postgmany3k, on 21 September 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

The Cardinal in New york at the time is a military commander for the Pope , he did the hit and no they landed in Disney land studio's .

Was not my advice good enough ?

I was just ribbing you a little. Have not seen you ina while.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users