NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets @ 1-1 On The Season. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) Why?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:09 PM) he worked with chip kelly and vick on the eagles. and has a cool name
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:41 PM) Eh
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:37 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets @ 1-1 On The Season. Everyone is hating on us already.

#1 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

I have been out of the loop all week and kind of wanted to put all my thoughts togther in one post. So here goes, hope I dont bore the f*** out of all of you.

Jets, week 1. Defense looked really good when it mattered. Obviously I would have liked to see some better tackling in the second half, but overall, 3 takeaways that lead to scores is always a positive. I thought Sanchez looked SHARP. He made a brain fart (actually 2) on his flip off the shoulder pad that was picked. But he looked comfortable with the offense. He was desisive with the ball, and made good reads of the defense. I was not particularly happy about the excessive ammount of Tebow snaps, but all in all, I thought it was a good gameplan that was executed well. On to the Steelers.....

I thought the Jets didnt play all that poorly. Yes, there was some bad tackling of Ben, but overall not bad considering Revis was out. I gotta say this though, we couldnt get our defense off the field in the second half. Our D made 2 stops and forced Pit to go 3 and out, but otherwise, that last 14 play drive, was horrnedous. The Jets defense was holding and holding and then 1st down. all the way through the drive. If we could have tackled Ben on our 5 or 6 shots at him, we may have had a better chance. Also, there was the run, where Landry I believe ripped the ball out of the RB, was challenged and not reversed (actually thought he did rip it out, but his knee was down for a 3 yard loss prior to that play. I thought the refs missed both calls there)

I was a little pissed off though at our lack of confidence of our offense at the end of the half. We had a decent kick return, to the Jets 32, 2 timeouts, and we ran once, and then we took a knee to run out the half. I am not going to say that caused us the game, but I do believe that was an opportunity to at least even bring in Tebow, maybe try a type of run/pass to see if we can catch Pit sleeping. It almost seems like in the first game, the use of Tebow was somewhat of a hinderence to Sanchez good play, but in the second game, where it may have been helpfull (I believe there were 2 plays with Tebow at QB) one was that long run and the other was a 9 yard run I believe. (I am not calling for Tebow to come in and play in place of Sanchez, and I understand that hindsite is always easier than real time)

Now on Sanchez's behalf, I thought the recievers dropped about 4 or 5 balls. I believe the deep pass to Hill, should have been caught, I think as Hill gets his feeling for the NFL defenders better, he can realize he could outjump the cb or safety that came over and caused him to drop it. (There was contact before the catch, Hills hand was smacked by the defender) Point being, it could have easily been a score. Holmes dropped a few, and the TE (Cumberland I think) didnt pick up on Sanchezs autible an a 3rd down, where maybe Keller does and we get a first down. But he did not make those bonehead throws that he did very frequently under Shitty.

So, all in all, I think we are a better team than all these 'analysts' are giving us credit for. You add Revis to the mix, he probably takes 100 passing yards away from the Steelers alone. The interior D held the Steelers Run game to a 2.4 YPC, not bad at all, and a huge improvement from the run D in week 1.

So, fire away!

#2 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

I know its early in the week and betting line movements aren't nearly as accurate this early in the season, put already 72% of public on jets. Jets started at -3 and the line has already fallen to -1. Prepare your self, with that kind of line movement this early...not looking good. And if thats the case, prepare for more of these analysts to crap on the jets. Dammit dammit....week 3 loss to the dolphins for first place would be terrible.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#3 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostJSOTF, on 19 September 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

I have been out of the loop all week and kind of wanted to put all my thoughts togther in one post. So here goes, hope I dont bore the f*** out of all of you.

Jets, week 1. Defense looked really good when it mattered. Obviously I would have liked to see some better tackling in the second half, but overall, 3 takeaways that lead to scores is always a positive. I thought Sanchez looked SHARP. He made a brain fart (actually 2) on his flip off the shoulder pad that was picked. But he looked comfortable with the offense. He was desisive with the ball, and made good reads of the defense. I was not particularly happy about the excessive ammount of Tebow snaps, but all in all, I thought it was a good gameplan that was executed well. On to the Steelers.....

I thought the Jets didnt play all that poorly. Yes, there was some bad tackling of Ben, but overall not bad considering Revis was out. I gotta say this though, we couldnt get our defense off the field in the second half. Our D made 2 stops and forced Pit to go 3 and out, but otherwise, that last 14 play drive, was horrnedous. The Jets defense was holding and holding and then 1st down. all the way through the drive. If we could have tackled Ben on our 5 or 6 shots at him, we may have had a better chance. Also, there was the run, where Landry I believe ripped the ball out of the RB, was challenged and not reversed (actually thought he did rip it out, but his knee was down for a 3 yard loss prior to that play. I thought the refs missed both calls there)

I was a little pissed off though at our lack of confidence of our offense at the end of the half. We had a decent kick return, to the Jets 32, 2 timeouts, and we ran once, and then we took a knee to run out the half. I am not going to say that caused us the game, but I do believe that was an opportunity to at least even bring in Tebow, maybe try a type of run/pass to see if we can catch Pit sleeping. It almost seems like in the first game, the use of Tebow was somewhat of a hinderence to Sanchez good play, but in the second game, where it may have been helpfull (I believe there were 2 plays with Tebow at QB) one was that long run and the other was a 9 yard run I believe. (I am not calling for Tebow to come in and play in place of Sanchez, and I understand that hindsite is always easier than real time)

Now on Sanchez's behalf, I thought the recievers dropped about 4 or 5 balls. I believe the deep pass to Hill, should have been caught, I think as Hill gets his feeling for the NFL defenders better, he can realize he could outjump the cb or safety that came over and caused him to drop it. (There was contact before the catch, Hills hand was smacked by the defender) Point being, it could have easily been a score. Holmes dropped a few, and the TE (Cumberland I think) didnt pick up on Sanchezs autible an a 3rd down, where maybe Keller does and we get a first down. But he did not make those bonehead throws that he did very frequently under Shitty.

So, all in all, I think we are a better team than all these 'analysts' are giving us credit for. You add Revis to the mix, he probably takes 100 passing yards away from the Steelers alone. The interior D held the Steelers Run game to a 2.4 YPC, not bad at all, and a huge improvement from the run D in week 1.

So, fire away!

I haven't heard a lot of talk about that, but it was something that upset me at the time. We have receivers capable of hitting some big gains, but we don't even take a shot or two at midfield to see if we can get into position? I was disappointed.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#4 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

@ A1ELBOW.

I agree. I like the chances we have with Hill. I think we should have at least taken a deep shot on 1st down. I understand the call because you dont want to turn the ball over there and give Pit a chance to add a quick score. But this year we have thrown the ball deep more than we did last year with Shitty. I also think we could have at least tried for a FG, maybe help get Sanchez into rythem.

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

Yes sitting with basically 2 min and 2 TOs, we packed it in for no good reason. The analysts praised it reminding the viewer that Sanchez fumbled right before the half against Pittsburgh in 2010... like that shit matters. When we run our no huddle, our offense clicks as good as any offense. We have 2 slot recievers (Tone and Kerley) as well as a guy that can go deep. Why we packed it in at the half and wasted that 1:48 (and ate the 2 TOs) is beyond me.

#6 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 20 September 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

Yes sitting with basically 2 min and 2 TOs, we packed it in for no good reason. The analysts praised it reminding the viewer that Sanchez fumbled right before the half against Pittsburgh in 2010... like that shit matters. When we run our no huddle, our offense clicks as good as any offense. We have 2 slot recievers (Tone and Kerley) as well as a guy that can go deep. Why we packed it in at the half and wasted that 1:48 (and ate the 2 TOs) is beyond me.

Didnt the comentator say after the return, the Jets got good field position off that return? Remind you, Sanchez started the game hot, and really just needed to be able to find that rythem again. I really think Sanchez is playing much better than he has in the previous years. His QBR is up and he looks to have a better feel of the gameplan. I wish we would have at least tried a deep pass. to see if we could get downfield into fieldgoal range.

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

Sanchez is playing noticeably better and he should have had a much better game on Sunday had our WRs actually held on to the ball. Once Keller comes back, I expect Sanchez to take off.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users