NYJetsFan.com Forums: Bart Scott Almost Fights Reporter - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
FlyHiJets Icon : (18 September 2014 - 10:57 AM) #68 should get retired but considering he didn't end his career with us............
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 11:18 AM) Decker is practing today, hopefully he's fine. I finally can watch a jets game live this Monday night
santana Icon : (18 September 2014 - 01:30 PM) That's good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:11 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:11 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:27 PM) agreed
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:49 PM) Oh hey there buddy
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:52 PM) harlem whats up dude
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:57 PM) Nada much man getting ready to watch this game
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:58 PM) watching Kansas State shoot themselves
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 07:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 08:35 PM) Should have signed Hester.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 08:36 PM) this game might be the worst game I have ever watched, pretty pathetic.
azjetfan Icon : (18 September 2014 - 09:31 PM) With our complete disaster of a secondary I am a little surprised we have not either signed a guy like Samuel or made a trade
azjetfan Icon : (19 September 2014 - 04:06 PM) Milliner also has a quad now. It really makes sense just to sit him until he is 100%. Lets get healthy instead of risking injury or letting Marshal go 80 for a TD.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:53 PM) Looks like Milliner will sit this week. Has not practiced this week.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) WOO! Real! 8-2 shooting practice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:21 PM) boo Liverpool
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:21 PM) FIRE RAUL!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:21 PM) idzik for admin! Milber for moderator!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:32 PM) http://gifwall.net/g...a3jjPhnyiS0.gif
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:14 AM) RIP Rob Bironas
Canuck Jet Icon : (Today, 08:02 AM) Could some enlightened person explain why our secondary is such a mess despite tons of cap space? It's a passing league, better fix that soon or we'll see the Packers game all season.
greenandwhit... Icon : (Today, 10:21 AM) Grew up watching bironas... Good kicker RIP.
greenandwhit... Icon : (Today, 10:30 AM) Well as one aspiring to be an analyst on football i would say it's because we're trying to save up to makes some big moves next year. If you look at next year's potential free agents they're top of the line. If Ryan and Idznik can keep that cap room... Some great things can happen defensively.
greenandwhit... Icon : (Today, 10:30 AM) and offensively as well.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:32 PM) Dude bironas was solid that really sucks
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:30 PM) Sunday kinda sucks without jets football
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) So who's having JETS withdrawls?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) I didn't even watch any 1pm games cause all they had were the CHEATriots on
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) now I'm flipping between the Den/Sea and the Az/SF games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:51 PM) http://cdn.nextimpul...lbergstoned.gif
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) HILARIOUS!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) kraft is a pathetic troll
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) and even a "fan" of the CHEATriots doesn't even give him any attention
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:28 PM) I still can't believe we lost to the packers and they go and lose to Detroit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:28 PM) we lost that game they didn't beat us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:55 PM) I really hope Decker is able to play tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:55 PM) but without risking further injury cause we are going to need him later in the season
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:56 PM) and our running game better go off tomorrow night
santana Icon : (Today, 08:51 PM) some good games today
santana Icon : (Today, 08:51 PM) manning 4th quarter drive was pretty sick
santana Icon : (Today, 08:52 PM) so was russels OT drive
santana Icon : (Today, 08:52 PM) cousins looks legit for the skins
santana Icon : (Today, 08:52 PM) eagles another 4th quarter come back they seem really well conditioned
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Bart Scott Almost Fights Reporter

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

http://content.usato.../1#.UFzA0I2PUYU

By Mike Garafolo, USA TODAY Sports

Bart Scott has to keep his cool. Let's get that out of the way right off the bat, so there's no misconstruing our take on what happened in the New York Jets' locker room Friday.

That being said, while the easy story here is to further the "Jets are a circus" storyline, indications are Scott was provoked by Jets Confidential reporter Dan Leberfeld into a confrontation that included threats of violence and lawsuits), as well as Jets PR man Bruce Speight's needing help restraining Scott. The spat quickly made headlines when news of the screaming match was tweeted.

Though Scott has been close to such a scenario in the recent past, it appears there are no innocent parties in this one.

USA TODAY was not on the scene, but reporters in the locker room said there was no doubt Leberfeld's snapping a picture of Scott walking with another reporter was meant to get a rise out of Scott, who declared a "media mutiny" (read: "boycott") after the Week 1 victory over the Buffalo Bills because he doesn't like the way reporters have portrayed the Jets of late.

In fact, J.P. Pelzman tweeted Scott blasted his music Thursday while reporters were trying to interview other players in the locker room. If Scott doesn't want to speak to the media, fine. But he shouldn't get interfere with others willing to provide insight for reporters attempting to provide fans with the best possible coverage.

Now, Leberfeld's snapping a picture of a shirtless Scott apparently wasn't his first attempt to do so this week. Leberfeld took a pic of Scott on Wednesday, according to Newsday's Greg Logan and Scott reacted by swearing at Leberfeld. Newsday's Neil Best confirmed Scott's cursing in Leberfeld's direction and says Leberfeld claimed on an interview with WFAN Friday afternoon he didn't hear Scott's yelling at him.

I've been in locker rooms since I started in this business a decade ago. Some teams have explicit rules stating there is to be no still photography in the locker room. (The Jets, as a quick Google search reveals, have no such rule.) Others allow it, though only when a player is conducting an interview at his locker. The accepted code among many, regardless of team policy, is to not take pictures of a player who is less than fully dressed unless, again, he decides to do an interview at his locker while going shirtless.

In short, Scott has been acting like he was looking for a fight. Leberfeld was clearly going for some kind of reaction. Both apparently got what they wanted.

And now, regardless of who is more to blame, the Jets have another distraction on their hands.

I'm shellshocked Leberfeld was involved....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   NY=#1 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

i met that guy once, what a d-bag he was

#3 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

even if there are no rules against it in the jets locker room, i've always understood cell phone pics in that space are kind of taboo -- especially if it's being done on the sneak, and without consent. the baseball clubhouses i've been in tolerate cell phones now because they know a lot of reporters work from them (new-age journos, son!), but they're explicit with rules against pictures. in the end, i still don't think scott was at fault, at all. and i think it says a lot about leberfeld's intentions that he was on with francessa within minutes after the confrontation. that's manufacturing a story when there isn't one.

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

I read another article about it, and this was the second time Leberfeld intentionally snapped a pic of Scott. The first time, the reporter Scott was talking to supposedly called him out on it. Leberfeld is butt hurt that Scott is supposedly not speaking to the media so he's taking candid photos of him chatting with reporters to "prove" that Scott is a liar.

Basically, I wish Scott slapped the shit out of him.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users