NYJetsFan.com Forums: Bart Scott Almost Fights Reporter - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

"We're not a bad football team; we just do stupid stuff," said Eric Decker
Jetsman05 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 04:52 PM) Harlem not in our league... doesn't matter
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 06:17 PM) you don't matter!
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 06:17 PM) and that wasn't a red card RIP SWANSEA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:20 PM) Manish is really annoying with his vendetta against Idzik though, you can tell it's personal because he doesn't have his scoops anymore.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:20 PM) Since Idzik has became GM, Manish has lost all of his sources.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 PM) its clear that this bothers Manish deeply and hes throwing little tantrums about it
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:57 PM) Manish should not have a job. He and Idzik should be fired
SecondHandJets Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM) Hey bitches
SecondHandJets Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM) How's everyone enjoying your New York Jets?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) Jose Canseco just pulled a Plaxico Burress.
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Shot himself in the leg?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Shot his middle finger
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Today, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Today, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Today, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Today, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Today, 01:57 PM) $$
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Bart Scott Almost Fights Reporter

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

http://content.usato.../1#.UFzA0I2PUYU

By Mike Garafolo, USA TODAY Sports

Bart Scott has to keep his cool. Let's get that out of the way right off the bat, so there's no misconstruing our take on what happened in the New York Jets' locker room Friday.

That being said, while the easy story here is to further the "Jets are a circus" storyline, indications are Scott was provoked by Jets Confidential reporter Dan Leberfeld into a confrontation that included threats of violence and lawsuits), as well as Jets PR man Bruce Speight's needing help restraining Scott. The spat quickly made headlines when news of the screaming match was tweeted.

Though Scott has been close to such a scenario in the recent past, it appears there are no innocent parties in this one.

USA TODAY was not on the scene, but reporters in the locker room said there was no doubt Leberfeld's snapping a picture of Scott walking with another reporter was meant to get a rise out of Scott, who declared a "media mutiny" (read: "boycott") after the Week 1 victory over the Buffalo Bills because he doesn't like the way reporters have portrayed the Jets of late.

In fact, J.P. Pelzman tweeted Scott blasted his music Thursday while reporters were trying to interview other players in the locker room. If Scott doesn't want to speak to the media, fine. But he shouldn't get interfere with others willing to provide insight for reporters attempting to provide fans with the best possible coverage.

Now, Leberfeld's snapping a picture of a shirtless Scott apparently wasn't his first attempt to do so this week. Leberfeld took a pic of Scott on Wednesday, according to Newsday's Greg Logan and Scott reacted by swearing at Leberfeld. Newsday's Neil Best confirmed Scott's cursing in Leberfeld's direction and says Leberfeld claimed on an interview with WFAN Friday afternoon he didn't hear Scott's yelling at him.

I've been in locker rooms since I started in this business a decade ago. Some teams have explicit rules stating there is to be no still photography in the locker room. (The Jets, as a quick Google search reveals, have no such rule.) Others allow it, though only when a player is conducting an interview at his locker. The accepted code among many, regardless of team policy, is to not take pictures of a player who is less than fully dressed unless, again, he decides to do an interview at his locker while going shirtless.

In short, Scott has been acting like he was looking for a fight. Leberfeld was clearly going for some kind of reaction. Both apparently got what they wanted.

And now, regardless of who is more to blame, the Jets have another distraction on their hands.

I'm shellshocked Leberfeld was involved....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   NY=#1 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

i met that guy once, what a d-bag he was

#3 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

even if there are no rules against it in the jets locker room, i've always understood cell phone pics in that space are kind of taboo -- especially if it's being done on the sneak, and without consent. the baseball clubhouses i've been in tolerate cell phones now because they know a lot of reporters work from them (new-age journos, son!), but they're explicit with rules against pictures. in the end, i still don't think scott was at fault, at all. and i think it says a lot about leberfeld's intentions that he was on with francessa within minutes after the confrontation. that's manufacturing a story when there isn't one.

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

I read another article about it, and this was the second time Leberfeld intentionally snapped a pic of Scott. The first time, the reporter Scott was talking to supposedly called him out on it. Leberfeld is butt hurt that Scott is supposedly not speaking to the media so he's taking candid photos of him chatting with reporters to "prove" that Scott is a liar.

Basically, I wish Scott slapped the shit out of him.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users