NYJetsFan.com Forums: Stephen Hill - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Stephen Hill

#1 Guest_EliteJets_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Sucks so bad...he couldn't catch a cold butt naked in alaska in the dead of winter!

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

GTFO n00b.

#3 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

Week one Hill was very aggresive. He was hitting CBs and getting good releases and catching the ball. The past two weeks have been the opposite. I am not sure why but he has been playing softer. Maybe bringing in a guy like Ocho or TO would put some fire under his belt.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

We'll probably bring Turner back for next week. Doubt Hill plays vs the 9ers.

#5 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

not done with the site yet?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Guest_EliteJets_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

lenny how funny is pooter.. this site has no traffic or action.. i come to talk about how bad stephen hill is.. and instead of good Jets banter, he tries to make a joke?? fuckin donkey!!

Hill has never caught a pass with his hands.. he is a body catcher and not a good 1 at that!

#7 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

Lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Its not all the receivers fault. Some of the balls thrown to them are over thrown, behind them, and when a defender is draped on them.

basically its a combination of Mark and the receivers. We may not have elite receivers but they aren't bad. The top qbs put the ball in the receivers chest or where only the receiver can get the ball. Mark isn't doing this for the most part because of bad accuracy.Some balls are being over thrown,behind the receivers, and with a defender draped on them

Like I said its a combination of problems. If every ball they dropped were in their chest with great accuracy and they were wide open every time Id be on them like a mofo. Yeah some of the drops the receivers were wide open but most of the balls weren't thrown to the right area.

For instance....when Mark threw to Tebow......the ball should have been thrown in front of Tebow but it was thrown to the back of Tebow`s helmet. Whether Tebow looked in time or not very few receivers could have torqued there body back to make the catch. It isn't an impossible catch but a highly unlikely catch for any receiver.

Another one was the throw to Powell across the middle. It want an impossible catch either but the ball was thrown behind Powell enough that it would have been very hard for him to make the catch.

Basically it would be great if all our receivers had hands and unbelievable athletic receiver abilities to catch almost any ball in their area like Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald but we don't so Mark has to put the ball in the right spot more.

So no its not all Hill`s and the other receivers fault. A lot of it is on Mark too.

#9 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

seriously though, what has happened to the site? it used to be way more active (especially during the season) then it has been lately...

...something I miss being deployed?

#10 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

I don't get this complaining about lack of site traffic. It's simple if you want more traffic then post more. And really (at least for me) if somebody has already posted something I already agree with I usually don't make a post of my own. What I would've said has already been said. Plus if the title of a topic doesn't look interesting, I don't click on it. I don't always read every topic.

I will say this about Stephen Hill though. I think we should remember that he is still just a rookie and he's only played 3 games in his career so far. I know he had an awesome debut, but again he's still a rookie and he still has a lot to learn and needs more NFL experience.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 24 September 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Its not all the receivers fault. Some of the balls thrown to them are over thrown, behind them, and when a defender is draped on them.

I really don't understand why people claim this. Mark has been pretty damn good so far. The "overthrows" that everyone talks about from yesterday are a little concerning... because out of the 4 that I remember, only 1 was on Sanchez.

1. The "overthrow" in the endzone. This occured because Sanchez was hit and was falling on his ass. He was throwing the ball away to avoid the sack. Yes the TE was wide open... that's because the Fins sent the house. The rushers got there before Sanchez had a chance to release the ball. Calling that an overthrow is crazy. He did what he's suppose to do, avoid the sack. Yes, he did tried to get the ball to the TE, but that pass had no shot simply because Mark was going down at the time of release.

2. The deep ball to Hill. People are calling this an overthrow because Hill was wide open... I don't know why people don't want to admit that Hill pulled up IMMEDIATELY after the double-move because he hurt his hammy and ran the rest of the pattern at about 3/4 speed. Sanchez had already let the ball fly and Hill had no shot at that one.

3. The shallow ball to Hill. This was the play immediately following the deep throw and Hill's hamstring was tightening up on him. He took himself out of the game immediately after this play and didn't return.

4. The Schillens deep throw. This was all on Sanchez. He mistimed the speed with which Schillens made his move. This has everything to do with the fact that Schillens had missed all of preseason and him and Mark have zero chemistry.

All in all, I counted 9 legit drops where Sanchez put the ball on the hands of the would be reciever. I'm excluding the Tebow drop because that was just too funny.

#12 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 24 September 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

basically its a combination of Mark and the receivers. We may not have elite receivers but they aren't bad. The top qbs put the ball in the receivers chest or where only the receiver can get the ball. Mark isn't doing this for the most part because of bad accuracy.Some balls are being over thrown,behind the receivers, and with a defender draped on them

Like I said its a combination of problems. If every ball they dropped were in their chest with great accuracy and they were wide open every time Id be on them like a mofo. Yeah some of the drops the receivers were wide open but most of the balls weren't thrown to the right area.

For instance....when Mark threw to Tebow......the ball should have been thrown in front of Tebow but it was thrown to the back of Tebow`s helmet. Whether Tebow looked in time or not very few receivers could have torqued there body back to make the catch. It isn't an impossible catch but a highly unlikely catch for any receiver.

Another one was the throw to Powell across the middle. It want an impossible catch either but the ball was thrown behind Powell enough that it would have been very hard for him to make the catch.

Basically it would be great if all our receivers had hands and unbelievable athletic receiver abilities to catch almost any ball in their area like Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald but we don't so Mark has to put the ball in the right spot more.

So no its not all Hill`s and the other receivers fault. A lot of it is on Mark too.

oh you are right and they know it but it shows how hard it is to perform this dance we call offense. but if Manning came to town he would have changed the whole culture something that i am afraid that mark will never be that guy.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 24 September 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Holy shit.

You made your point. Once is enough.

#14 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

A guy who was recruited to be a wing option wr is a body catcher? no way! Jets shoulda known what they were getting into. only difference from week one and the other past 2 games is that he was able to trap the ball against his shoulder pads and now the ball isnt bouncing his way when he tries to trap it. he is 6'4" but his height means nothing because he cannot reach up and catch the ball with his hands so he might as well be 5'11" cus if the ball isnt at his chest he has no chance, and even then its the luck of the bounce of the shoulder pads.

P.S. I stopped posting and there is less traffic, coincidence? just something to think about Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

how many rookie WR's step on the field and are Elite? Ya, lets let the kid LEARN & grow b4 we hang a bust around his neck. Dam people 2 fast to kill someone b4 they have a chance to LEARN something!
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostarizonaJETSfan, on 24 September 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

how many rookie WR's step on the field and are Elite? Ya, lets let the kid LEARN & grow b4 we hang a bust around his neck. Dam people 2 fast to kill someone b4 they have a chance to LEARN something!

True, but the Jets need Hill to step up more. Hes not a natural pass catcher, which has hurt us so far. His drop in the endzone yesterday was awful, can you at least make the easy TD grab? That would have made his day not be as bad.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

I understand what you mean, but while we may WANT them to be better, like our kids, we have to let em grow as best they can. I WISH he was sticky hands, but lets not forget a certain diva WR that dropped a WIDE OPEN all alone in the end zone pass that HAS been in the league a while. Lets face it, now that I think of it....that same diva has made a couple pinkie nail catches...but drops shyt that hit HIM in the hands to.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

end of the day he's young and came from a triple option offense in college where he wasn't throw at as much. Good thing about Hill and the drops is they can be corrected by hitting the jugs. He gets a pass from me this year.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users