NYJetsFan.com Forums: Revis Torn Acl Done For Season - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS LACK OF REDZONE OFFENSE STILL CURSING THE DEFENSE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) well
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) Because we destoy any promise in our young QBs with our elite offensive support talent.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) TIME TO CHANGE THE DIAPER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) another game next week
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 3-0 with Sanchez? Oh god...we've gone there already?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) jets need more talent on O
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) and some god damn DBs
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) Morninweg's system is get the offense going then throw a monkey wrench into things by putting the backup QB in there and f***ing up the offense's rhythm.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) Yes I went there. Geno spots these teams 7-10 points weekly and has turned the ball in the redzone 3 games in a row. If not for 2 dropped ints geno would have 4 picks. Dude sucks at best
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) Then we got Chris ivory running like marshawn lynch out there and they sit him on the bench the whole fourth quarter
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) I'd like to use the same excuse I used for Sanchez. QB can't really do shit when your best WR would be a #3 if he was lucky on any other team
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) yeah but sanchez was shell shcoked
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) jets werent fixing him
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) Geno will be to after another year or two of this shit.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) What's kerleys contract like
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) because if he's underpaid I don't see him sticking around
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) he only looks good because our O is so bad.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) I bet a lot of teams have their eye on him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) Decker doesn't need to play until he is completely healthy
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:58 PM) FIRE IDZIK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 PM) How big was the Sheldon Richardson fumble recovery not being a TD. We quickly went three and out after that
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 PM) Idzik better not be stingy this offseason and address the biggest issues we have WR and Secondary
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:47 PM) King mo says he's ok, injury is minor
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:21 AM) As a guy who has been on this site since its inception and is still not a moderator which I guess is cause I'm not part of the rat pack who runs this joint I think GENO should still be the starter.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 10:19 AM) We still could have won this game with the bad calls. Geno just sucks. All the pick six's, missing wide open receivers, bad throws when they are fought. Stupid trick plays because they don't trust him.
santana Icon : (Today, 10:31 AM) I don't get his decision making
santana Icon : (Today, 10:32 AM) There were another 2-3 ints the bears were gifted but were dropped
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) f***
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) I had a blast at the game... just sucks we lost
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) 1-3 when I go se them
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:32 AM) Refs fucked up the fumble for a TD. by calling it down the first time everyone in the stadium saw it as a fumble
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) they need to just let them plays play out because they now look at every turnover
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) If hes down they could just overturn it on the replay
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) f*** Holmes to
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) gg2003 you want to be a mod?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) You have to go through your initiation
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) Gg03 would be a terrif
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) what is the "initiation"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:47 PM) :zz:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) and no I will not say that Idzik needs to be canned cause he doesn't
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) he just needs to find talent at the CB and WR positions while also improving in positions that are currently our strengths like DL and OL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:30 PM) Fire idzik!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 01:45 PM) Best part of last night was Wayne Chrebet going onto the Ring of Honor
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) u think our oline is a strength? did u not see geno getting killed out there?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) LG is a shit position, colon is old and nto much left in the tank, brick and mangold are in decline, and brent is a below average RT at best
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Revis Torn Acl Done For Season

#1 User is offline   mikejetsny Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

CONFIRMED TORN ACL... season is over for us. we had no pass rush at all when he left the game yesterday and we couldnt blitz bc you cant trust the corners in single coverage. see you in 2013

#2 User is offline   dayshlims Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

View Postmikejetsny, on 24 September 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

CONFIRMED TORN ACL... season is over for us. we had no pass rush at all when he left the game yesterday and we couldnt blitz bc you cant trust the corners in single coverage. see you in 2013

2013? More like see you never again.

There is no way Revis plays for the Jets again without a new contract. He won't risk injury twice.

And there is no way we pay a CB coming off ACL surgery the 100+ million he will ask for.

Say good bye to Revis as a Jet.

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

Time for Kyle Wilson to step up and show why he was drafted in the first round. I'm less concerned about him starting than I am about the players behind him on the depth chart though. Surely it's extremely likely that we'll now bring another corner in for depth?
The season is far from over though. Now there's greater onus on Ryan and Pettine to come up with a smart, effective scheme week in, week out. And the front seven needs to get into gear. But there are players talented enough to get to the quarterback often; the Dolphins offensive line is arguably one of their strong points and played extremely well - we'll come up against weaker lines as the season gets older.

#4 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

Just heard it on ESPN. :banghead:
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#5 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

Y wouldn't it be torn? I'm not even surprised at all. Typical bad news for a jets fan. Oh well time to regroup and for some guys to step it up!!

#6 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

@damienwoodyMove Joe McKnight to CB....if he's not going to get any burn at RB, move him to CB...he's one of the best athletes on the team #nyj

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

and he dind't even get touched. he just tore it doing nothing. WTF
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

It's hard not to believe there isn't a permanent dark cloud over this organization.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#9 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 24 September 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

I have to believe he tweaked the acl on his own with that hard step and tore it when his momentum rolled him over that dolphin while his acl was still actively supporting his leg muscles. I've seen so many basic training injuries in that manner, when I saw it happen I told my buddy eating breakfast with me, yep. Revis is done for the season.

The colateral and crucial ligaments are extremely tough, but when you're running full out and then all of a sudden you stop yourself (or rather, your cleat digs into the ground) you end up with a really crappy injury. It was either gonna be his knee or his ankle.

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 24 September 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

Most ACLs are non-contact injuries. When you see a guy's knee give out like that, it's almost always a torn ACL. Its the exact same way that Shumpert from the Knicks tore his ACL.

#11 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Such is the soap opera of the NFL the Defense needs to improve with him in the line up just as well . maybe players exercise more than their bodies are designed to and at some point it weakens the joints.
Yes dark green cloud has been there your whole life . but the blue cloud is more transparent.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#12 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

View Postdayshlims, on 24 September 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

2013? More like see you never again.

There is no way Revis plays for the Jets again without a new contract. He won't risk injury twice.

And there is no way we pay a CB coming off ACL surgery the 100+ million he will ask for.

Say good bye to Revis as a Jet.

This scenario is very possible
Unfortunately I feel the jets having a winning season will only reduce the chances revis is resigned
If the jets make a playoff run they would have a lot less pressure to bring revis back

If the season is tanked then to win the fans back next year revis would likely be resigned

Next off season is going to be so Zzzzzz
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

What if we're in a Mario Williams situation? What if, all of a sudden, Rex just goes nuts and instead of playing man every snap and blitzing the same slow ILBs, he does some Cover 2 with some zone blitzing, followed with some man to man with a deep safety, followed with a blitz with a rolling zone? Rex needs to put his big boy pants on and do work. Its on him to win games now.

#14 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

So this means Revision can't hold the team up for ransom now. He can't demand his 100 million coming off a torn acl & still has a year on his contract. He'd be a complete moron to even THINK of holding out which would extend him for 3 years at 3 million per year. Now its time for the rest of the D to man up & do what needs to be done. Anyone says the season is over needs to sell their Jets gear bcuz they were never jets fans to begin with.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#15 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

Only a Jets fan can see their team's best player getting a season ending injury as a positive. Oh great Revis is injured for the season so that means he can't "hold the team ransom" now. Unbelievable. Worried about things that haven't even happened and was likely never going to happen in the first place. Once again the ONLY people that were talking about a holdout were the media. Not Revis, not the front office. But because some sports writers didn't have shit else to talk about and some fans love to look for problems where there are no problems, we had a looming "holdout controversy."

Part of me hopes he doesn't come back because those of you bitching about him and that looming holdout, will finally understand players like him don't grow on trees. I would've thought the Herman Edwards era would have taught us all that. But I guess not. You don't know what you have until it's gone and unfortunately we're going to see that now for the rest of the season.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#16 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

So we're all rooting for the Ravens now correct?

#17 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

ACL's are a very hard injury to fully heal from. I wish the Rev a speedy recovery. However we have 2 good DB's left. No one will replace Darrelle but at the very least we should still get decent DB play and were going to see just how great Rex Ryan is as a defensive coach because the whole scheme changes now.

#18 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 24 September 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

Only a Jets fan can see their team's best player getting a season ending injury as a positive.

I never said that Revis getting hurt was a positive thing. Where did I say that? All I said was that Mr Big Shot can;t hold the team for ransom like the scumbag that he is and has been known to do. I don't give a flying fvck who he is. He's not worth the 100 million some of you may think he is or WAS I should say because there's no way in hell he gets it now. All I said was for everyone to stop acting like the season is over just because ONE player is gone. The ONLY player that you could guarantee the season to be over with if he were to go down would be Sanchez. Yeah.....I said it. Sanchez is the ONLY player that is guaranteed that the season would be over if he were to be lost because there's NO WAY IN HELL that Teblow could lead this team. The defense CAN live on without Revis. Adjustments have to be made without a doubt, but don't give me some bullsh!t that we're not going to win another game simply because Revis is out. Your God Revis Christ is gone and will never be the same. No one is ever the same after a torn ACL. I hope he does come back next season as the same old Revis, but I just don't see it happening. Now next season he has to come back & play with something to prove and EARN a new contract rather than simply demand one.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#19 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 26 September 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

I never said that Revis getting hurt was a positive thing. Where did I say that? All I said was that Mr Big Shot can;t hold the team for ransom like the scumbag that he is and has been known to do. I don't give a flying fvck who he is. He's not worth the 100 million some of you may think he is or WAS I should say because there's no way in hell he gets it now. All I said was for everyone to stop acting like the season is over just because ONE player is gone. The ONLY player that you could guarantee the season to be over with if he were to go down would be Sanchez. Yeah.....I said it. Sanchez is the ONLY player that is guaranteed that the season would be over if he were to be lost because there's NO WAY IN HELL that Teblow could lead this team. The defense CAN live on without Revis. Adjustments have to be made without a doubt, but don't give me some bullsh!t that we're not going to win another game simply because Revis is out. Your God Revis Christ is gone and will never be the same. No one is ever the same after a torn ACL. I hope he does come back next season as the same old Revis, but I just don't see it happening. Now next season he has to come back & play with something to prove and EARN a new contract rather than simply demand one.

Well calling Revis "the scumbag that he is," shows you have hostility towards him so it's clear that you do see the positives in his injury (as if you were Woody Johnson himself). Show me where Revis ever once said he wanted 100 million dollars. When did the words 100 million ever even come out of HIS mouth? Not some sports writer's and not some fan's mouth, but Revis' mouth.

It never happened. I see absolutely no reason to get all hot and bothered over something Revis never said and something the Jets FO never said he asked for. ALL OF THIS IS BULLSHIT! I don't why it's so difficult to see that. You're getting upset and calling your favorite team's best player of this generation a "scumbag" and over what? Over a bunch of RUMORS. That's all it ever was. A bunch of sports writers and talk show hosts that needed something to talk about during the off-season and a bunch of fans who are likely still pissed over the 2010 holdout. Fans who want to look for a problem where there is none. You already don't like him so when you read or hear these rumors from "inside sources" that just feeds into the contempt you already hold or him, it just reinforces what you already think. These idiots in the media are just telling you what you want to hear and you're eating it up.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 26 September 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Well calling Revis "the scumbag that he is," shows you have hostility towards him so it's clear that you do see the positives in his injury (as if you were Woody Johnson himself). Show me where Revis ever once said he wanted 100 million dollars. When did the words 100 million ever even come out of HIS mouth? Not some sports writer's and not some fan's mouth, but Revis' mouth.

It never happened. I see absolutely no reason to get all hot and bothered over something Revis never said and something the Jets FO never said he asked for. ALL OF THIS IS BULLSHIT! I don't why it's so difficult to see that. You're getting upset and calling your favorite team's best player of this generation a "scumbag" and over what? Over a bunch of RUMORS. That's all it ever was. A bunch of sports writers and talk show hosts that needed something to talk about during the off-season and a bunch of fans who are likely still pissed over the 2010 holdout. Fans who want to look for a problem where there is none. You already don't like him so when you read or hear these rumors from "inside sources" that just feeds into the contempt you already hold or him, it just reinforces what you already think. These idiots in the media are just telling you what you want to hear and you're eating it up.

I agree with you. How exactly is he a scumbag for wanting to be paid according to his performance? Sure it sucks as a fan but i mean if you were the best worker at your company and 31 other companies were lined up to hire you for way more money and you wanted your curent company to pay you according to what you are worth does that make you a scumbag? I mean he deserves every penny we are giving him. he is the best CB in the league and deserves to be the highest paid. It wasn't anyone's fault but oakland who gave aso a stupid amount of money for what the market was at the time. revis wanted more then aso because he is better. I hate seeing him hold out but he hasn't held out since. it was stupid speculation. he came in on time and dominated like always until he got hurt. calling him a scumbag to stupid. a scumbag is someone like haynesworth who took a 100 million dollar contract and became a lazy bum, or jamarcus russel who was too bust getting drunk and out of shape to earn his money. revis has earned every penny he's made and then some. If he was getting his money and slacking off and missing practice and being lazy then you can call him a scumbag for taking the money and running. but as of now i have nothing against somebody wanting to be paid what they deserve. even if it hurts the teams salary cap
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users