NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ot: Is It A Td? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets get dismantled in KC
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:00 PM) 1st down
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:00 PM) LETS GO
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:00 PM) Jalen!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:01 PM) Jeeeeeeeez
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:01 PM) wow
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:01 PM) 2nd and 10
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:01 PM) Drop
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:01 PM) 3rd and 10
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:01 PM) CMON O WTF
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:02 PM) THE GUYS IN RED ARE NOT ON OUR TEAM!!!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:02 PM) 4th and the game
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:03 PM) Terrible throw
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:03 PM) another f***ing pick
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:03 PM) Good job Fitz Right to the DB
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:03 PM) From player of the week to trash
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:03 PM) wtf fitzpatrick
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:03 PM) 6 trunovers
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:05 PM) What a shit game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:05 PM) absolute trash
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:08 PM) already burned all 3 timeouts too
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:08 PM) AWFUCKINL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:09 PM) Really had no choice
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:10 PM) WOW
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:10 PM) Life as a jets fan
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:10 PM) ..........................................................
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:10 PM) another f***ing pick 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:11 PM) 7 turnovers
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:11 PM) we had 9 days
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:11 PM) and we play like this?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:11 PM) 9 fuckin days
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:12 PM) 9 NINE NINE FUCKIN DAYS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:12 PM) Take all the starters out atleast
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:13 PM) Ryan Shitspatrick showed up today
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:14 PM) Good thing I don't drink during JETS games I'd be in an alcohol coma today
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:17 PM) Another pick
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:17 PM) 6 picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:17 PM) 6 f***ing INT's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:18 PM) 8 turnovers. Most since 1975
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:20 PM) we don't deserve to be considered good
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:20 PM) we are a clusterfuck
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:49 PM) This was a horrible effort by the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 September 2016 - 06:49 PM) they had 10 days to prepare and still shit themselves on the field
canuckfan Icon : (26 September 2016 - 06:25 AM) Jets fans finding out what the fans of Fitzy's previous teams already knew. Game manager at best; QB disaster-area at worst. Time to cultivate Bryce Petty or write the season off. We are behind in the conference tie breakers already as it will surely come down to that if we are to make a wild card. Yesterday was one of those games where I didn't even have the slightest feeling they were going to come back.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 September 2016 - 04:03 PM) Jets claim TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins on waivers
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:24 PM) Reports are Russell Wilson is out for the next 3 weeks
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Ot: Is It A Td?

#21 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,197
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 25 September 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

The thing about Tagliabue is he still had some of the old school owners in the league like Wellington Mara, Bob Tisch, Georgia Frontiere, Eddie DeBartolo, and Jack Kent Cooke to deal with. IMO I don't think these newer owners really care about football the way the old school owners did. Plus Gene Upshaw was a push over as a union leader for the most part. It seems like Pete Rozelle had done most of the hard work by the time Tagliabue became the commissioner.

In the words of A1Elbow +1 (insert sarcasm here.) After Tagliabue gave to much to the players union his last year the owners told him to retire. Tagliabue was more on the players side than the owners cared for towards the end of his tenure.
Posted Image
0

#22 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,197
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 25 September 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

1-The play wasn't properly discussed. The two refs in place disagreed on the call and rather than following the play with discussion between the refs as a team where the correct call could possibly have been made (rather than making a mistake that couldn't be overturned) it was called a TD.

2-There have been tons of mistakes every week. These aren't the typical "that wasn't pass interference" mistakes, but huge mistakes in spotting, awarding extra downs and timeouts and challenges and now not following correct procedures that results in a play that, without question, changed the result of a game incorrectly. It isn't just one big mistake, but consistent mistakes that have impacted a number of games and now flat out changed the result for two teams that both appear to be good enough to make playoffs. This potentially impacts fans who want to see their teams in the postseason as well as the players and teams, as hosting and making and playing in playoff games leads to bonuses and increased revenue. I'm pretty sure making a mistake that results in millions of dollars in loss is considered a serious mistake in most occupations.

3-What the hell does it matter that it was the end of the game? You're for contentious calls at the end of a game just getting resolved ASAP so you can go the fridge or something?

All good points. It is almost like the refs are scared to be on the field after the game.
Posted Image
0

#23 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,892
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 25 September 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

In the words of A1Elbow +1 (insert sarcasm here.) After Tagliabue gave to much to the players union his last year the owners told him to retire. Tagliabue was more on the players side than the owners cared for towards the end of his tenure.


Goodell has alienated fans and hurt the NFL's image, so I guess the owner's aren't too smart. It isn't as easy running a business when your affairs are constantly recorded. When people are watching it is smart to keep people happy, rather than trying to crush everyone else. Goodell and the "new breed" owners are idiots.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#24 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,331
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

I don't think that fans will stop watching. I know I can't in all honesty and I doubt that even today Packers fans would stop watching. But there are other options. Some fans have already bought season tickets and Sunday Ticket so I know if I were them I definitely wouldn't stop watching. But one thing we fans can do is use the power of the wallet. Stop buying NFL merchandise and boycott the products sold by the companies that spend the most to advertise during NFL games. Do we really need another jersey or cap? Do you really have to drink Budweiser or Pepsi and eat Doritos when your watching the scab refs make these bad calls? Fans should protest with their dollars. Hell Rams fans should protest and picket outside the U.S. headquarters of Anheuser-Busch in St. Louis. That would at least get local media attention. That's how you get the owners to listen to you. Get the heads of these companies that buy millions of dollars worth of ad time during NFL games to put pressure on the NFL.

I think if every Jets fan decided to boycott Johnson & Johnson products, we'd at least get Woody's attention. I could switch from Listerine (a J&J product) to Scope. (Edit: apparently none of the Johnson heirs currently hold a seat on the J&J board or have any major role with J&J).

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#25 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,197
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 25 September 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Goodell has alienated fans and hurt the NFL's image, so I guess the owner's aren't too smart. It isn't as easy running a business when your affairs are constantly recorded. When people are watching it is smart to keep people happy, rather than trying to crush everyone else. Goodell and the "new breed" owners are idiots.

I think this sums it up

Quote

Steve Young, hero: “Everything about the NFL now is inelastic for demand. There’s nothing they can do right now to hurt the demand for the game. The bottom line is they don’t care. Player safety doesn’t matter in this case. Bring in the Division III officials – it doesn’t matter. In the end you’re still going to watch the game, we’re going to all complain and moan and gripe but … it doesn’t matter. Go ahead gripe all they want. I’m going to rest. Let them eat cake.”


http://youtu.be/fdW36gWDFu0http://youtu.be/fdW36gWDFu0
Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 25 September 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

1-The play wasn't properly discussed. The two refs in place disagreed on the call and rather than following the play with discussion between the refs as a team where the correct call could possibly have been made (rather than making a mistake that couldn't be overturned) it was called a TD.

2-There have been tons of mistakes every week. These aren't the typical "that wasn't pass interference" mistakes, but huge mistakes in spotting, awarding extra downs and timeouts and challenges and now not following correct procedures that results in a play that, without question, changed the result of a game incorrectly. It isn't just one big mistake, but consistent mistakes that have impacted a number of games and now flat out changed the result for two teams that both appear to be good enough to make playoffs. This potentially impacts fans who want to see their teams in the postseason as well as the players and teams, as hosting and making and playing in playoff games leads to bonuses and increased revenue. I'm pretty sure making a mistake that results in millions of dollars in loss is considered a serious mistake in most occupations.

3-What the hell does it matter that it was the end of the game? You're for contentious calls at the end of a game just getting resolved ASAP so you can go the fridge or something?


1. I'm not trying to defend the refs, first of all, but that was a tough call in real time. Two refs 2 feet from each other signaled different things. Then they huddled up, and ruled it a TD. What was said in the huddle? Who knows. But they did huddle up.

2. I agree. The refs in the Jets Miami game blew a call, went to instant replay, and blew it again. These refs blow routine calls that, seemingly, anyone can call correctly. However, THAT specific call in the Seattle win wasn't an obvious one. I'm only talking about that call. Yes the overall level of officiating went from 60% correct to about 30%, no argument here.

3. The reason why it is such a big deal is because it was at the end of the game and it decided the game. It wasn't the call, but the direct result that's causing this outrage. In 3 weeks of football, I've seen 40 worse calls (probably more). The reason why this one is such a big deal is because it was the last play of the game.
0

#27 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 25 September 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

I don't think that fans will stop watching. I know I can't


I still watch the Mets. 'Nuff said.
0

#28 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,197
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 25 September 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

1. I'm not trying to defend the refs, first of all, but that was a tough call in real time. Two refs 2 feet from each other signaled different things. Then they huddled up, and ruled it a TD. What was said in the huddle? Who knows. But they did huddle up.


I don't blame the refs for the bad calls. They are doing the best they can with there limited experience. This comes down to the league and the union. One of them will have to back off their demands before this is resolved. Might be a while. I do however think the leverage just shifted to the Refs side though. I think it is pretty safe to say the NFL will be closely watching the ratings, ticket sales and merchandise sales over the next few weeks.
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users