NYJetsFan.com Forums: Great Article On Sanchez - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) yo
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) YO!
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:58 PM) LFC could win the league on my birthday
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Great Article On Sanchez

#1 User is online   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Great article on Sanchez. Kinda backs up some of the things that are being said about him.

http://sportsgeekguy...to-be-cheerful/

#2 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

WELL PUT! I honestly dont think Mark is the league MVP...but dam I SURE do hate all the bashers. Its nice to see an article that takes stats & goes a LITTLE further than using them to bash sanchez
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 September 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

Great article on Sanchez. Kinda backs up some of the things that are being said about him.

http://sportsgeekguy...to-be-cheerful/

I have been quiet all week but after reading this article I simply could not take it anymore. I want everyone to re-read the part of this article that purports to elucidate Sparano's philosophy. If what is written is accurate, then it clearly serves to evince the absolute insanity of Ryan, Sparano and the entire Jets organization and reaffirms the Dolphins' fans frustrations with Sparano. That antiquated philosophy of "just don't lose the game" has no place in the NFL, at least not entering the game. As Bill Parcells once said, "The quarterback's job is to get his team in the end zone." And when Neil O'Donnell kept getting sacked, he yanked his ass and put Glenn Foley in, who DID get the team in the end zone. The problem is the Jets don't have a legitimate backup quarterback. And not that I am ready to pull the plug on Sanchez, but his paltry 50 percent completion percentage is embarrassingly absurd. ABSURD. This is the NFL. That completion percentage isn't acceptable in college.

We are in year 4 now, and Sanchez is still wearing that confused expression on his face after an incompletion. After the the Dolphins game I was left wondering what the hell is going on in practice during the week, if anything! The simple fact that he would expect Clyde Gates, a Dolphin scrub, to make a mental adjustment on a route demonstrates poor judgment on his part. You simply don't make that throw. If Sanchez cannot get on the same page with Holmes why should we believe he can with someone who has been on the roster for one month? Ridiculous. But if there is one play that is a microcosm of his biggest deficiency (inaccuracy) it is the Schilens overthrow. I am still steaming over that play. I do not want to hear or read how it was a timing issue, or how Schilens and Sanchez are still developing chemistry. He is an NFL starting quarterback who MUST make that throw! I screamed that at the television and moments later, Gannon said the same exact thing. The good ones-- let alone the great ones-- but the good ones-- Ryan, Flacco-- make that throw 10 out of 10 times. And they have to. Why? Because that is an instant 6 points that clearly will not come along frequently this season.

Let me make something perfectly clear. This is 2012 not 1986. You HAVE to score points in this league. Not 14, not 17. 20 plus points nearly EVERY WEEK. And furthermore, the ridiculous, absolutely RIDICULOUS preseason talk of this defense besting the 2000 Ravens just speaks to how delusional Ryan and Bart Scott are. And now they are getting a heavy dose of reality. A reality that the New York sportswriters, Mike Francesca and every knowledgeable Jets fan lived in from the beginning. I did believe the Jets would have a good defense this season, much better than we've seen thus far. Suddenly and inexplicably, the Jets cannot stop the run and STILL cannot get to the quarterback.

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostCamenzind, on 27 September 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

I have been quiet all week but after reading this article I simply could not take it anymore.

TAKE IT!
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#5 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

View Postsantana, on 27 September 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

TAKE IT!

:hysterical:
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Sanchez needs to go to the Manning School of Quarterbacking . that kid Qb ponder shows what a player can do on the field with his feet and brains , Sanchez is still a boy out there he needs more time to reach his prime.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#7 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Camenzind . View it anyway?

You're a persistent fellow, Camenzind...but still nope
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 27 September 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

You're a persistent fellow, Camenzind...but still nope

^^^^so pragmatic
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#9 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

purports to elucidate

HAHAHAHA...what a tool.

Mike Francesca and every knowledgeable Jets fan

Did you just call Fatcesca knowledgeable? Oh my...

I did believe the Jets would have a good defense this season

Rrrrriiiiiigggggghhhhttttt....

http://nyjetsfan.com...04&#entry343704
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Not even bothering to read it because its obviously pro-Sanchez by whom is commenting on it.

Its useless to debate with people with blind love.

I'm going to ask four questions.

1) Four years in now...How much time does he need? 10 years?
2) How long until is Mark going to get more accurate?
3) How long until we see Mark get the game speed down?
4) How long until we see some consistency? A good qb has consistency. A bad one doesn't. Mark is very inconsistent. He looks good one game then bad the next.Since the Jets hasn't had a top 3 defense and running game Mark hasn't won 1 game against a team with a winning record. If the team has to have a top three running and defensive game in the league for the qb to beat a winning team that isn't saying much for the qb.

Bottom line I'm tied of hearing all the crap.Mark`s total qbr rating has sucked all 3 years. You cant pick out the good stats and throw out the bad stats to try to create an illusion of Mark being something more than he has shown. Mark has some good points and some bad points but he isn't good enough yet to be called a winning qb or even average.Even an average qb is consistent(which Mark isn't) but an average qb just doesn't have great numbers(only average).

Like Sanchez or not I want to see Mark show something against a winning team and some consistency. Mark has three of the next four games against known good teams. If he sucks against them four years in then I will lose all faith in him. If Mark looks good in these games I will gain more faith in Mark. No biased article good or bad is going to change my mind. I judge Mark on his play and consistency. I dont give a flying f*** if he throws 10 tds against a 6-10 team. If Mark throws 6 tds against a 10-6 team I will be impressed.

I'm tired of hearing blame on everyone but the qb.Its the oline,its the running game,its the oc,its the receivers,its the defense,its Rex,its the qb coach. Bla bla bla......when is the point when the blind Sanchez lovers give Mark the blame???? Almost every team has oline problems. The Jets are the only team to have three probowl olinemen. The qb is usually the best player on the team unless you have an amazing rb.

If Mark looks good these next 4 weeks myself and a lot of the Jets fans who dont believe Mark has what it takes will gain some belief that Mark has potential. If not its only going to bring more dissent. Four years is enough.

#11 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

soon mark will be ready to be on dancing with the stars .lol
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#12 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Francesa is knowledgeable? On the Jets? he's an over opinionated windbag.

In any event the offensive woes aren't just because of Sanchez and anyone with half a brain knows this. However just like Sanchez can make the right read and make a great throw to have his pass bounce off a WR's hands the same way Sanchez can over throw a WR in the endzone or throw behind a WR on a 5 yrd slant.

This is the thing with Sanchez, offensive protection breakdowns, stagnant running game are all things ALL QB's have to deal with. The good ones find ways to produce even when things aren't perfect. I hate to compare Aaron Rodgers to Sanchez but if it were Aaron behind our line they would look like perennial pro bowlers. I think the problem with Sanchez is he needs A LOT of help for him to even be average. We have 3 PRO BOWL CALIBER OL. That's more then most teams can say. Including the Patriots, Chargers and Packers to name a few. The thing with Sanchez is he needs an absolute DOMINATE running attack for him to even be average. When teams don't bite on P.A and Sanchez can't find someone wide open as a result he struggles. He NEEDS the great OL play. He NEEDS the elite running game to even be average. This is what is so frustrating with him. Sanchez supporters blame the OL and blame Greene but c'mon man. He's not a rookie, signed a 42million dollar extension, he's got 4 years of experience. Now not saying management hasn't really done a piss poor job in helping him because the Jets have failed Sanchez. Tanny has failed him IMO.

At the end of the day, in today's league, The way it's been geared to favor offense, geared to favor the pass, such a heavy emphasis on DB/WR play. It's geared for QB's to flourish and QB's that can't flourish in today's league aren't meant to be quarterbacks at this level... bottom line.

Sanchez does show flashes in the pan once in a while but so does Alex Smith and Kevin Kolb. The problem with these QB's is consistency. Sanchez just can stay consistent and that will eventually be his demise.

#13 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

I love how some people call somebody who supports Sanchez or at the very least doesn't want to kick him out and sign somebody like a Matt Flynn or some other back up QB a "Sanchez lover" or "Sanchez apologist." But don't even recognize they're just the complete opposite of what they are accusing others of being. It seems like it's that same 2 or 3 people on here bitching about Sanchez all the time. If we have some "Sanchez lovers" here we certainly have some "Sanchez haters" as well. Couldn't say a good thing about Sanchez's play even if you paid them to.

As I've said many times before, I don't need him to be like Dan Marino or Peyton Manning, I just need him to be like Troy Aikman or Phil Simms. Defense still wins championships and when you can run the ball effectively, you can move the chains and keep the opposing offense off the field. That's how you win on a regular basis.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#14 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 27 September 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

I love how some people call somebody who supports Sanchez or at the very least doesn't want to kick him out and sign somebody like a Matt Flynn or some other back up QB a "Sanchez lover" or "Sanchez apologist." But don't even recognize they're just the complete opposite of what they are accusing others of being. It seems like it's that same 2 or 3 people on here bitching about Sanchez all the time. If we have some "Sanchez lovers" here we certainly have some "Sanchez haters" as well. Couldn't say a good thing about Sanchez's play even if you paid them to.

As I've said many times before, I don't need him to be like Dan Marino or Peyton Manning, I just need him to be like Troy Aikman or Phil Simms. Defense still wins championships and when you can run the ball effectively, you can move the chains and keep the opposing offense off the field. That's how you win on a regular basis.

Defenses don't win championships anymore. People need to let this train of thought go. Elite QB's win Championships.

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 27 September 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

Defenses don't win championships anymore. People need to need this train of thought go. Elite QB's win Championships.

Nope, teams win championships. The Giants defense was elite in the playoffs.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 27 September 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

Defenses don't win championships anymore. People need to need this train of thought go. Elite QB's win Championships.

Tell that to this guy.

Posted Image
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

Everyone would love to have an elite QB, but they aren't easy to find. And its a fact that we have one of the worst set of skill players in the NFL. Its not like Mark has this amazing cast of weapons that hes under-utilizing. He has a awful starting RB and young/inexerpienced WRs.

I don't think anyone is blaming the OL right now, they have been pretty good for the most part this season. Howard has been getting beat on speed rushes, but Mark has done a nice job at avoiding the rush, its not like hes Wayne Hunter who was a total liability on the OL. I just think Tannenbaum has not done a good enough job filling this roster with talent. I'm calling for his head. And no I'm not giving Sanchez 10 years to prove himself, I criticize him for mistakes. I just look at more than just the QB, football is a team sport. If we want to be a championship caliber team, its more than just the QB that needs to be fixed.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 27 September 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Francesa is knowledgeable? On the Jets? he's an over opinionated windbag.
Sanchez does show flashes in the pan once in a while but so does Alex Smith and Kevin Kolb. The problem with these QB's is consistency. Sanchez just can stay consistent and that will eventually be his demise.

These Alex Smith is consistent.Smith is what a real game managing qb should be. Pennington was a game managing qb. A true game managing qb has a good completion percentage and has the edge in time of possession.They just dont light it up on the field scoring wise. Smith 69%,Pennington career 66%.
Mark is supposed to be a game managing qb but has a low career completion percentage. That isnt a game managing qb

View PostMr_Jet, on 27 September 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

Comments like this is the problem. I'm not a hater and that's what you fail to understand.A blind lover thinks a player is great or good no matter what.Kind of like his fans here picking and choosing what stats they like about Mark and ignoring the bad.For example using the 150% qb rating instead of the 100% qb rating and trying to make an illusion of the stats looking better than they actually are. A 75% qb rating in the 150% qb rating system isnt good even though people try to pass it off like it is

2011 Mark had a 78.2 qbr in the 150% rating system....ranked mark at 23th.

A logical person looks at what the player does in games and basis his or her opinion on a combination of things.

And a hater hates the player no matter what.

I'm the logical person. I see what Mark does well and what he doesn't and the bad outweigh the good by a heck of a lot.

I judge Mark on his stats combined and see what he does compared to other qbs. I watch as many games as I can and Ive found that Mark isn't accurate,he isn't up to NFL game speed, and Mark was horrid his first two years but people who are lovers credit Mark with taking the team to the AFC Championship twice when in truth it had almost nothing to do with him and in reality had to do with the defense and running game.What most people fail to realize the Jets were almost the first team in history to have the #1 running game and #1 defense and not make the playoffs. The Jets would have been in 2009 if the Colts hadn't laid down and rested.Have I given up on Mark???? No but I'm close to it. If he cant look decent the next four weeks in the hardest part of our schedule what does that show about his growth? I'm not even saying the Jets have to win. The jets could lose the next 4 games and if Mark looks good in the games I will be happy with him. If Mark looks like crap win or lose I'm going to be pissed at him.

Truth...... stats dont lie going on 4 years now most of Marks stats are very similar so shouldn't be overlooked... Mark tends to look good against bad teams and bad against good teams.
Truth.... Mark at 53% Total QBR for 2012 (20th in league) That is on the lower end of average.100% rating system)

was 97% week 1(great)
46% week 2 (horrid)
week 3 34% (horrid)

2011 Mark 33% total qbr 30th in the league out of 34 qb`s that qualified
2011 weekly tqbr breakdown against teams

above.500 .08, 56.8, 22.3, 19.3,....... Result 0-4 (Bad average tqbr)
8-8 19.9 25.0 73.6 33.3 3.2 Result 2-3 (bad tqbr)
below.500 94.0, 64.2, 53.8, 57.9, 37.4, 79.4, 15.3 Result 6-2 Good tqbr)
Whats this show??? It shows Mark has good games against bad teams but not against .500 or above

Next stat completion percentage
2012 50.5% last in league 32nd
2011 56.7% 28th out of 32
2010 54.8% 29th out of 31 that qualified
2009 53.8% 29th out of 32

next stat 2011 only
Mark only passed for more than 200 yards in 8 out of 16 games

Yards per attempt
2012 7.17 15th (raised only because of Buffalo game 9.85ypa, Steelers 5.11ypa, Miami 6.80ypa)
2011 6.40 27th
2010 6..49 26th
2009 6.71 18th

2011 stat
Mark didn't crack 200 yards passing in 8 out of 16 games (not good)

2011 stat
18 ints 5th in league (not good)

2011 stat
39 sacks 5th in league (not all Marks fault but what is bad is the 4 qbs that had more sacks had way less fumbles)

2011 stat
10 fumbles ....8 of them lost.. the 8 led the league (out of the 4 qbs with more sacks than Sanchez 3 of them lost 5 fumbles and 1 only lost 2 qbs.)

Also the majority of the tds that Mark put up every year are against bad teams.Here is what he did against the winning teams last year.
119 yards 0 tds(1 int) Ravens
166 yards 2 tds(0 int`s) Patriots
306 yards 1 td(2 int`s) Patriots
258 yards 1 td (2 int`s) Giants

You can say what you want or believe what you want but all this shows that Mark cant consistently put up yards, low pass per attempt average,low completion percentage meaning his accuracy sucks,high turnover ratio( always in the top 5 in overall turnovers).

I wish I could find stat percentage rankings of how qbs perform after first receiver look.Id like to see where mark ranks there.That`s when Mark usually gets the deer look.

Basically you can live in your delusional world but the fact is Mark has very few good stats and a heck of a lot of bad stats. No I'm not a hater as you ignorantly stated it. I look at what Mark has done and judge him as such.His stats show he is a bad qb. He hasn't shown crap consistently. A great game against a bad team doesn't get me pumped like a great game against a good team would.

Sure you can pick a game that Mark had a good game in or search for the needle in the haystack for Marks good stats if you want to live in fantasy land but when you look at the overall picture it adds up to mark being bad. The overall picture is what counts. You cant blame all these problems on everyone else. Mark has to take accountability for what he does. He deserves the criticism unless he starts silencing doubters by consistent good play. He hasn't dont that yet.

Mr. Jet I put work and research into this post as I usually do in a debate. If you really believe Mark is good. Then show me a consistent stats in any category that Mark is even average. I sure as hell cant find any. If you have to pick single games here and there that proves nothing it just proves you are looking for the needle.A good or average qb is all about consistency. Stats that are all over the place all year isn't good. When the puzzle is put together Marks career is bad. The only thing that is a plus for Mark is wins in his 2nd year and playoff wins but again that had little to do with Mark. You cant sanely believe that a qb with 17tds-13ints led a team anywhere. Its not like he had a Brady,Brees, or Rodgers season and got taken out of the playoffs.

#19 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 27 September 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

These Alex Smith is consistent.Smith is what a real game managing qb should be. Pennington was a game managing qb. A true game managing qb has a good completion percentage and has the edge in time of possession.They just dont light it up on the field scoring wise. Smith 69%,Pennington career 66%.
Mark is supposed to be a game managing qb but has a low career completion percentage. That isnt a game managing qb

Comments like this is the problem. I'm not a hater and that's what you fail to understand.A blind lover thinks a player is great or good no matter what.Kind of like his fans here picking and choosing what stats they like about Mark and ignoring the bad.For example using the 150% qb rating instead of the 100% qb rating and trying to make an illusion of the stats looking better than they actually are. A 75% qb rating in the 150% qb rating system isnt good even though people try to pass it off like it is

2011 Mark had a 78.2 qbr in the 150% rating system....ranked mark at 23th.

A logical person looks at what the player does in games and basis his or her opinion on a combination of things.

And a hater hates the player no matter what.

I'm the logical person. I see what Mark does well and what he doesn't and the bad outweigh the good by a heck of a lot.

I judge Mark on his stats combined and see what he does compared to other qbs. I watch as many games as I can and Ive found that Mark isn't accurate,he isn't up to NFL game speed, and Mark was horrid his first two years but people who are lovers credit Mark with taking the team to the AFC Championship twice when in truth it had almost nothing to do with him and in reality had to do with Mark and all to do with.Have I given up on Mark???? No but I'm close to it. If he cant look decent the next four weeks in the hardest part of our schedule what does that show about his growth? I'm not even saying the Jets have to win. The jets could lose the next 4 games and if Mark looks good in the games I will be happy with him. If Mark looks like crap win or lose I'm going to be pissed at him.

Truth...... stats dont lie going on 4 years now most of Marks stats are very similar so shouldn't be overlooked... Mark tends to look good against bad teams and bad against good teams.
Truth.... Mark at 53% Total QBR for 2012 (20th in league) That is on the lower end of average.100% rating system)

was 97% week 1(great)
46% week 2 (horrid)
week 3 34% (horrid)

2011 Mark 33% total qbr 30th in the league out of 34 qb`s that qualified
2011 weekly tqbr breakdown against teams

above.500 .08, 56.8, 22.3, 19.3,....... Result 0-4 (Bad average tqbr)
8-8 19.9 25.0 73.6 33.3 3.2 Result 2-3 (bad tqbr)
below.500 94.0, 64.2, 53.8, 57.9, 37.4, 79.4, 15.3 Result 6-2 Good tqbr)
Whats this show??? It shows Mark has good games against bad teams but not against .500 or above

Next stat completion percentage
2012 50.5% last in league 32nd
2011 56.7% 28th out of 32
2010 54.8% 29th out of 31 that qualified
2009 53.8% 29th out of 32

next stat 2011 only
Mark only passed for more than 200 yards in 8 out of 16 games

Yards per attempt
2012 7.17 15th (raised only because of Buffalo game 9.85ypa, Steelers 5.11ypa, Miami 6.80ypa)
2011 6.40 27th
2010 6..49 26th
2009 6.71 18th

2011 stat
Mark didn't crack 200 yards passing in 8 out of 16 games (not good)

2011 stat
18 ints 5th in league (not good)

2011 stat
39 sacks 5th in league (not all Marks fault but what is bad is the 4 qbs that had more sacks had way less fumbles)

2011 stat
10 fumbles ....8 of them lost.. the 8 led the league (out of the 4 qbs with more sacks than Sanchez 3 of them lost 5 fumbles and 1 only lost 2 qbs.)

Also the majority of the tds that Mark put up every year are against bad teams.Here is what he did against the winning teams last year.
119 yards 0 tds(1 int) Ravens
166 yards 2 tds(0 int`s) Patriots
306 yards 1 td(2 int`s) Patriots
258 yards 1 td (2 int`s) Giants

You can say what you want or believe what you want but all this shows that Mark cant consistently put up yards, low pass per attempt average,low completion percentage meaning his accuracy sucks,high turnover ratio( always in the top 5 in overall turnovers).

I wish I could find stat percentage rankings of how qbs perform after first receiver look.Id like to see where mark ranks there.That`s when Mark usually gets the deer look.

Basically you can live in your delusional world but the fact is Mark has very few good stats and a heck of a lot of bad stats. No I'm not a hater as you ignorantly stated it. I look at what Mark has done and judge him as such.His stats show he is a bad qb. He hasn't shown crap consistently. A great game against a bad team doesn't get me pumped like a great game against a good team would.

Sure you can pick a game that Mark had a good game in or search for the needle in the haystack for Marks good stats if you want to live in fantasy land but when you look at the overall picture it adds up to mark being bad. The overall picture is what counts. You cant blame all these problems on everyone else. Mark has to take accountability for what he does. He deserves the criticism unless he starts silencing doubters by consistent good play. He hasn't dont that yet.

Mr. Jet I put work and research into this post as I usually do in a debate. If you really believe Mark is good. Then show me a consistent stats in any category that Mark is even average. I sure as hell cant find any. If you have to pick single games here and there that proves nothing it just proves you are looking for the needle.A good or average qb is all about consistency. Stats that are all over the place all year isn't good. When the puzzle is put together Marks career is bad. The only thing that is a plus for Mark is wins in his 2nd year and playoff wins but again that had little to do with Mark. You cant sanely believe that a qb with 17tds-13ints led a team anywhere. Its not like he had a Brady,Brees, or Rodgers season and got taken out of the playoffs.

Look you can show all the stats you want. I love people who back up their arguments and if I weren't presently working on a project doing research about Al Gore, I'd reply in depth (and I still might after November). So I'll say this stats don't tell the whole story. When somebody brings up the lack of an effective running game they're called a Sanchez apologist. When somebody brings up the instability at the WR position, again they're called a Sanchez apologist. When somebody brings up the decline in the OL's play since 09, they're called a Sanchez apologist. When somebody brings up Schotty's play calling, well there it's 50/50. But I just know what I see and I see a QB in Sanchez who is still young and has in the past came up big late in close games and played well in playoff games. Simply put I don't blame him as much as some of you do. There are other factors that the stats don't show as to why he's not Joe Montana (which I never expected him to be anywhere near close to ever being). Also I remember a time(s) when this team didn't have shit at QB. My memory goes back far. I remember the INT machine that was Vinny Testaverde. Then when he'd go down having to pin my young hopes on guys like Glen Foley and Ray Lucas. I remember the hope for this team's future after the 2002 season with Pennington. Then the injuries in the 03 preseason and early in the 05 season where he and Fiedler go down in the same game. Then praying that Brooks Bollinger could save the season. Hoping Jaws was right about Kellen Clemens (minus Cutler he might've been right). Then after 07 when it looked like Clemens was a bust and Pennington was glass hoping that of all people Brett Ratliff would be our savior. Then hoping Favre still had it in him even though his body language made it clear he didn't want to be in New York.

So excuse me if I'm not ready to kick Sanchez to the curb just yet. Plus if we got rid of him, then what? If we got rid of him and his less than average play, who is going to replace him? Tebow? Hell no. Suck for Matt Barkley, no. Suck for Landry Jones, no. Try to trade for Matt Flynn or John Skelton, absolutely not. I feel if we're going to get rid of Sanchez, it might be a good idea to have a plan for life after Sanchez. Nobody has told if we get rid of Sanchez what would happen next. I don't like uncertainty like that when it comes to the QB position on my favorite team. Plus I really honestly don't get all this disappointment. This team has gone to the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 seasons and last year the team was 8-8. This has not been a bad team under Sanchez. I think we've gotten a little too spoiled lately, expecting Rome to be built in just a few seasons. Guys like Philip Rivers and Jay Cutler have been to the Pro Bowl, but I'd still rather have Sanchez than either of them. They've both been in the league longer than Sanchez and haven't had the kind of playoff success Sanchez has had. And even this season the way some of you act you'd think this team was 0-3 right now. The Jets blew out Buffalo and won a gritty one versus Miami where Sanchez played better in the second half than in the first. The one loss so far was against Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh. And I'm not totally sure about this because it was almost 2 years ago but Sanchez is the only Jets QB to ever go to Pittsburgh and leave with a win. So I just think some of you all are just being impatient here. And don't give me none of that it's his 4th season now stuff. First off all we've only played 3 games so far this season, so it's still too soon to make a judgement on whether or not Sanchez has improved since last season. Let's wait until at least after the bye week. And last year was basically his "sophomore slump" a year late. I still blame most of the offense's problems last year on Schotty and Hunter and personally I'm not going to keep dwelling on last season. I don't know about you, but I know that I'm over it and the players seem to be too. Bottom line is I'd rather hold on to hope for Sanchez and this team's future than dwell on what he didn't do in 2011 or 2010. It's much better for my sanity. To me it makes much more sense to do that than be constantly pessimistic about Sanchez and hoping for some mystical "elite QB" to come in and takeover. Because as of right now I don't see that "elite QB" sitting on some other team's bench right now or being in the draft next April. There's no sense in being upset over something (Sanchez's play) that's not going to be fixed anytime soon. Might as well let these games play out then look at where we stand after the season.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

#20 User is online   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 27 September 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

if I weren't presently working on a project doing research about Al Gore, I'd reply in depth (and I still might after November).

Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users